Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Arcadevga 5000 anygood?  (Read 1043 times)

aj8302

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 02, 2020, 08:48:34 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Arcadevga 5000 anygood?
« on: March 18, 2019, 09:54:58 am »
I’m having a hell of a time getting crtemu driver to work right it’s always crashing my ox after setup and it undies everything. I was searching around for other options and ran across the arcadevga 5000 card is it any good? Is it easier to setup and run?  For people you use it for you like it does it work good? I’m just looking for other option before I decide to take out the crt and put in an lcd.

Kegster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 14, 2020, 01:38:24 pm
  • There are no unsingable songs...
Re: Arcadevga 5000 anygood?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 08:16:41 pm »
I think its a little matter of preference. I had an AVGA 5000 and now have switched to Groovymame
with crt-emudriver.
Setup I think is about the same meaning you have to install video drivers for both and if you
don't get the old drivers uninstalled properly you will run into problems.
I think Groovymame is worth the trouble. You will always have to play with resolutions when trying
to run vertical games on a horizontal monitor no matter which way you go.
Even with AVGA installed you will still have to play with game specific ini's to get playable results for some games.

Good Luck

keilmillerjr

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2023, 10:20:39 pm
  • Web Developer.
Re: Arcadevga 5000 anygood?
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 05:14:27 am »
Try GroovyArcade. It runs groovymame, but there is no messing with installing drivers and such.