Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Ultrastik 360 - Left and Up not working  (Read 4175 times)

stalemate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 20, 2016, 10:42:41 pm
Ultrastik 360 - Left and Up not working
« on: October 24, 2014, 03:28:16 pm »
Hi,

I am in the process of changing the computer in my cabinet from an old Windows XP machine to a raspberry pi. I have it mostly working. The I-PAC works, the computer boots into mame and I can control using an external keyboard or with cabinet buttons only.

The problem I have now is that I have two ultrastick 360s connected via USB, and the UP and LEFT positions don't work on either one of them. DOWN and RIGHT work fine.

If I run jstest and/or jscal, I see the following:
Axis 0 - left - 0
Axis 0 - center - 0
Axis 0 - right - 127
Axis 1 - up - 0
Axis 1 - center - 0
Axis 1 - down - 127

I have these connected via USB to a powered hub which currently only has 3 devices attached but a 3.6amp power supply.

I'm kind of stumped. I am considering connecting to the 10-pin IO port on the u360s and wire to my I-PAC like any 8-way stick. I don't want to give up yet though. :)

Any ideas?

stalemate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 20, 2016, 10:42:41 pm
Re: Ultrastik 360 - Left and Up not working
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 07:22:38 pm »
Looks like it is/was something to do with whichever map was loaded to the sticks when I last used them in the Windows machine. I hooked them back up to Windows and set them to analog and now they work correctly in Linux. I will have to play around with different maps and see what works and what doesn't.

Slippyblade

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 16, 2023, 11:39:51 am
  • And to the death god we say, "Not today!"
Re: Ultrastik 360 - Left and Up not working
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 06:16:27 pm »
I saw this same behavior in a Blitz cab I was converting from 49 way to 8 way sticks.  The DIP was still set to 49 way sticks and the test routine was registering left and up as being jammed but down and right registered correctly.