Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Ground and GND in cocktail cab  (Read 877 times)

1Spoon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 17, 2007, 03:07:47 pm
  • Cocktail projekt going on..
Ground and GND in cocktail cab
« on: December 15, 2003, 05:10:02 pm »

I currently have (somewhere..) a connection between the GND of the J-pac and the frame of my Cocktail cab (which is connected to the ground pin of my plug).. not good I assume?

The cab has a PC (de-cased) in it and it should run from a non-grounded wallsocket.
I hav

grafixmonkey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 16, 2010, 08:16:50 pm
  • must... tear self... away from... Tron...
    • My graphics/arcade/circuits site!
Re:Ground and GND in cocktail cab
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2003, 07:17:39 pm »
You could test for yourself if you have a multimeter, ohmmeter, or continuity tester, but I believe that there is already a direct connection between the case of the PC and the ground wires in the power supply plugs.  And I believe there's also a direct connection between the ground wire of a USB jack and the ground wires in the rest of the PC, but there is no reason I can think of that a USB port would have to be designed that way so you'd better check for yourself on your particular computer.

If you test it with an ohmmeter and it reads "0 ohms" or if you use a continuity tester and it gives a continuous beep, then there's already a wire present so adding another one is fine.
-----------
-- See my grafix, circuits and cab on my
-- new arcadey page:  http://www.bkgrafix.net