Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Shuffle Inn Light?  (Read 3010 times)

bjhille

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2024, 05:11:11 pm
Shuffle Inn Light?
« on: October 22, 2014, 10:51:21 am »
I recently purchased a Shuffle Inn puck bowling machine off of Craigslist that I'm trying to restore.  I have fixed the system board so the machine doesn't fall into maintenance mode every time you turn the machine on, adjusted all the play field switches, fixed many contacts that were broken, replaced the bumpers, swapped bulbs for LEDs, and have ordered new display boards.

I have one set of wires I can not figure out.  I have attached a picture.  From what I'm gathering, there should be a light behind the credit button, although the manual doesn't reference this.  Does anyone know what part I'm missing and where I can get it?  I've asked a couple of pinball repair places, but they don't seem that interested in helping me.  Any ideas?

Thanks.  Brian

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:58:32 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
Re: Shuffle Inn Light?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 11:17:18 am »
Looks like a plug for a ticket dispenser to me.

bjhille

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 12:53:05 pm »
I'm not aware that the machine came with a ticket dispenser.  I assumed it was a light because the placard above the start button that says to push it when lit.  It never lights because there's not bulb.  I *think* that's what this three wire cable is for, but I can't figure it out for sure.  The manual doesn't talk about it.

Do you think Happ would know if I called them?

Thanks.  Brian

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:58:32 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 02:25:20 pm »
I'm not aware of any bulbs that need 3 wires.  Usually unused plugs in that area are for ticket dispensers or dollar bill acceptors.  I consulted Google and if you've got a Shuffle Inn Deluxe, one of the advertised features was ticket dispensing capability.

:dunno

ed12

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2018, 03:44:39 pm
  • it is what it is..."Nobody Said It Was Easy"....
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 10:42:25 pm »
good call pbj
that is exactley what it is for
ticket's

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

bjhille

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 11:10:06 pm »
Great.  Thanks guys.  Now I won't worry about it.  :)