Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: We have a Canon Pro-100 printer, possible to print my own artwork?  (Read 5780 times)

LightningBolt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2017, 08:32:52 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Particularly I'm curious if it's possible to print my own vinyl style sticker paper art? Is that possible and if so where would I get supplies?

Typefighter01

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 29, 2023, 09:10:21 pm
  • Back I guess...
Re: We have a Canon Pro-100 printer, possible to print my own artwork?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 07:34:08 am »
It's entirely possible.

I created and printed all the artwork for my bartop build (link in sig). It was nice to not have to deal with anyone else during the process and it was a something new to learn. Don't get me wrong, the artwork supplied from one of the forum vendors here is probably of higher quality, but everyone I showed thought it looked fantastic.

I used this vinyl http://www.inkpresspaper.com/profiles.asp?PaperID=33 and covered it with regular 10mil thermal lamination. The printer I used was a Brother MFC-6490CW, nothing special. You already have a good printer (certainly better than my Brother printer), give it a shot  :cheers:

JDFan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2023, 04:07:42 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: We have a Canon Pro-100 printer, possible to print my own artwork?
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 09:55:33 am »
Definitely possible --- Depending on the size of the artwork needed (ie. if the pieces of the artwork physically fit on the size paper the printer can print) -- I used my Laser printer for the artwok on my mini bartop and it came out fine on regular adhesive backed sticker paper - After printing I used a can of clear spray paint to put a light layer of it over the items to get them to hold up better ( did this after the prints had fully dried after printing and used a light layer not enough to soak the paper and cause runs)

I went with Standard matte white sheets from OnlineLabels.com ( http://www.onlinelabels.com/OL175.htm?src=dlc-28 ) since it was cheap @ 100 sheets for around $15 ($10 for paper and $5 shipping IIRC) and then cut out using an Exacto knife, which gave me plenty of sheets to use without breaking the bank if it didn't work !! But it worked well and after sprying with the clear coat it holds up well (also thought about trying clear shelf liner vinyl as a cover but the spray paint worked so didn't try that but it should work also )
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 01:08:41 pm by JDFan »