Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: New CRT Emudriver/VMMaker/Arcade OSD download, documentation and discussion site  (Read 32463 times)

XTrek

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
By using chrome i was able to download the beta 2.0 driver. Thanks.  I did earlier have som experience using the older 1.2 driver. Crt is absolut the best for retro gaming. Thanks for the hard work creating the driver  :)

Recapnation

• Offline Offline
    • Eiusdemmodi
Dear sirs, regarding Eiusdemmodi:

Migrating website; downtime in very few days

Not sure when, exactly, but the Site will be down for a few hours, maybe days, this week. There's a possibility we can't get this Forum working immediately (and with it, all the information here will be temporarily lost -- be aware it could be even for weeks), depending on how Pun-BB responds. So, in that case, we'll make the announcements on the frontpage, so please, remember this URL:

www.geedorah.com

Hopefully everything will go well, but you never know.

cools

• Offline Offline
  • Arcade Otaku sysadmin...
    • Arcade Otaku
Can't login on Eiusdemmodi (or reset my password).

Using: crt_emudriver_&_tools_2.0_beta_10_12.6_W.7.8.10-64.exe

"Error: The driver installation failed: 103 No More Data is available"

Win 7 Home Premium SP1, UAC disabled, Radeon 4530 (ATOM-15)

Ignore me, none of them are working even beta 9 or 1.2. Must be something in Windows.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 06:21:23 am by cools »
Please don't PM me with support questions. Ask in public so everyone can learn!

Recapnation

• Offline Offline
    • Eiusdemmodi
We're still trying to solve some issues with Eiusdemmodi's DB so it' not fully functional (new contributions may get lost), but there shouldn't be log-in/password problems. Let's wait till the process is finished and I'll mail you a new password if you still get this by then.

If other members find the same issues, it'd help if you let us know it here in the next few days. Or mail them to me at postbackweb --at-- yahoo --dot-- com

Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 07:23:25 am by Recapnation »

snappleman

• Offline Offline
OK so I must be completely ignorant, but I read through the CRT_Emudriver docs and look over the forums, and I can't seem to find anything regarding the composite sync options available on some Radeon cards. Is this usable at all? Right now I use a SCART to Component adapter which takes care of the sync for me but I want to install GroovyMame on an RGB monitor and I don't know what to do about the composite sync it needs.

Does my HD6450 (or my 5450) have composite sync that CRT_Emudriver can use?

EDIT - I just found some posts about this topic, gonna read through it all and hopefully it'll help me out.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 10:01:39 pm by snappleman »

Recapnation

• Offline Offline
    • Eiusdemmodi
Eiusdemmodi should be working again, though new registrations still require sending us an e-mail and the old threads in the Spanish subforum look weird for now, sorry. If anyone finds log-in/password issues now, please let us know via e-mail too.

Paradroid

• Offline Offline
    • SCART Hunter
OK so I must be completely ignorant, but I read through the CRT_Emudriver docs and look over the forums, and I can't seem to find anything regarding the composite sync options available on some Radeon cards.

I experimented with the a year or so ago. I did get it working in the end but found the process very frustrating (there's just not much documentation about because most people default to a UMSA or other sync combiner).

This page was helpful: http://www.idiots.org.uk/vga_rgb_scart/

Also, for me, the trick for me was to use WinModelines to enable composite sync: http://www.geocities.ws/podernixie/htpc/modeline-en.html

Then, from memory, I think you need to fiddle with the sync polarity in VMMaker.

Would be great if the whole GroovyMAME package had some kind of global switch for composite sync. Saves on additional circuitry. Makes RGB modding a TV much simpler (tap the Jungle IC OSD RGB lines and simply feed composite sync directly into the yellow RCA).

Even better would be composite sync using the Atom BIOS (that's the main reason I abandoned the composite sync idea: I wanted the boot sequence to display in 15 kHz).

Good luck! :)
My MAME/SCART/CRT blog: SCART Hunter

snappleman

• Offline Offline
Thanks! I've been looking into it and it turns out only my Radeon 2400xt supports composite sync (at least in WinModelines) so I'm going ahead and building a sync combiner.

billfor

• Offline Offline
FYI I think the mame_favourites.ini may have a limit of 512 lines in 2.0 vmmaker. When adding beyond this the vmmaker program crashes.  I don't recall this limit on the vmmaker 1.4. I filter Catver.ini against regular expressions to come up with a list of roms, so my .ini file has 6572 entires.   I can just prefilter the mame.xml but wanted to mention the issue with vmmaker.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31