Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: BYOAC Talking Dead - Walking Dead Season 5  (Read 52695 times)

smass

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 09, 2024, 07:46:54 pm
  • Cheapskate Arcade
Re: BYOAC Talking Dead - Walking Dead Season 5
« Reply #400 on: October 26, 2016, 01:41:58 pm »
I hope you are joking.  It's a horror tv show, there is supposed to be blood and gore.  Also it's all pretend.  The rubber head they used for the scene looked fake as all get out. 

That aside the comic book death is quite graphic and they are just mirroring that.  It's supposed to be... you are supposed to care about Glen.

Agreed 100%.  This season premiere was exactly what the series needs to fuel my interest.  If they had pussied out and spared Glen, or if they pussied out and did not show murders as graphically as they did - I would have been very disappointed.  They got this one right.  As a fan of the show and the genre, I am very pleased and very relieved.  Walking Dead is supposed to be violent and unpredictable.  Good on 'em for getting this episode right.

harveybirdman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 19, 2024, 12:40:25 pm
  • SHMUP'EM
« Reply #401 on: October 26, 2016, 01:52:20 pm »
I found the Terminus trough infinitely more disturbing.

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:37:53 pm
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
« Reply #402 on: October 26, 2016, 02:11:09 pm »
Tainted meat!

RandyT

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 03:33:28 pm
  • Friends don't let friends hack keyboards.
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #403 on: October 26, 2016, 03:35:24 pm »
Though disturbing (on a number of levels) I think the episode was pretty well done.  It demonstrates what is necessary to break an individual's spirit, especially one as strong as Rick's.  It's as much a reflection of human history, as anything to do with the show.  Brutal dictators engage in this level of barbarism to show the lengths to which they will go, to subdue uprisings and to remain in power.  The scene with Carl demonstrated another successful tactic used by some in power: Place the subject into an untenable situation, and then show a small level of benevolence by releasing them from the situation, once they demonstrate willingness to do the unthinkable at the ruler's behest.

It wasn't pretty, but it wasn't far off the mark.

As for Glenn taking the hit (well, several, but who's counting?), the two-fer was a bit of a surprise, but it didn't bother me.  In all honesty, Daryl is the only one from the group to which I have any real remaining attachment.  It's worth it to continue watching, just to see the rest of them killed off :).

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2019, 07:35:34 pm
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #404 on: October 26, 2016, 05:02:56 pm »
I was nice to see the Comedian getting another similar role.  :applaud:
If I had only one wish, it would be for three more wishes.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
« Reply #405 on: October 26, 2016, 05:18:37 pm »
It was a little drawn out but in terms of the brutality it was well done I feel.

As Randy said, its only what has happened through history.

And lets face it, worse things have happened for real!!

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #406 on: October 27, 2016, 12:12:28 am »
Yeah understand that I thought the episode as a whole was crap... it was all a cheap trick to up the suspension and draw things out.  The 5 minutes of actual content, including the execution scenes, were done well though. 

thomas_surles

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 19, 2023, 07:20:00 pm
« Reply #407 on: October 27, 2016, 09:21:32 am »
Somebody gave Glen an obituary...

menace

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2023, 10:57:06 am
« Reply #408 on: December 09, 2016, 05:08:18 pm »
I'm having a hard time getting into this season--Negan is so over the top bad that it becomes hard to believe.  I can see if he was only $hitty to the good guys, but when he's stealing his henchman's wives and making out with them in front of them, it's hard to believe one of them wouldn't off him.  He literally has no friends or even loyal followers--they are all afraid of him--I can see if he was superman or something but he's just a guy with a bat--shoot him and take his spot...

Also, is Alexandria so great you wouldn't just leave it rather than being some guy's punching bag who steals half your food whenever he feels like it??  Anyways, I need a win for the good guys or this is just too depressing.
its better to not post and be thought a fool, then to whip out your keyboard and remove all doubt...

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #409 on: December 09, 2016, 08:53:33 pm »
Negan is SUPPOSED to be over the top.  Read the comics.... the performance is spot on.  99% of the plot is lifted directly from the comics this season, which is a good thing, because the show runners can't write, but it's a bad thing for me because I pretty much know what is going to happen. 

I'm just wondering wtf they are going to do next season.  The Negan conflict should be finished up by the other half of this season and then in the comics there is a 10 year time jump, which wouldn't be possible on the show due to Carl.  At that point the show will be pretty much caught up with the books.  Also the wars that are going on now in the books would be waaay too expensive to do on the show and scaling them down would dramatically reduce the impact of the plot.

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 08:10:48 pm
« Reply #410 on: April 05, 2017, 02:39:47 pm »
....so after swearing off of it, I watched all of this season.  :-[  :lol

I must say that the writing seemed to improve through this season.
Tying the entire story together with Glen was a good touch since the series has seemed to lack direction for the last couple seasons.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #411 on: April 05, 2017, 03:22:42 pm »
Yeah except they lifted all of that from the comics.  Anytime they try to write something unique, they come up with something colossally stupid like the scavengers.  Yeah in the story it's been all of 3 years since this all started, so of course people have already devolved to mad max speak.  It makes the kingdom (which was from the comics) seem believable by comparison. 

The highlight of the season was the tiger.... been waiting all frikkin season for the tiger to start mauling people and I had to wait till the last episode.  If Kirkman wants to deviate from the comics he should keep the tiger alive.  Hell kill the main characters, I just want to see a tiger roam around eating zombies.  Well him and the portly guy with the battle axe.   He seems to be the only one that gets the awesome side of their whole situation. 

I'm not happy with the Eugene direction.  In the comics he ends up stepping up and being one of the most honorable and dependable people in that universe.  He didn't just make one bullet, he made enough to arm the army in the books and basically won them the war.  They are pulling an Andrea on him and it's not cool. 

thomas_surles

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 19, 2023, 07:20:00 pm
« Reply #412 on: April 06, 2017, 06:24:03 pm »
This finale really made me like the King. I thought he was going to be a puss, but he turned into a total badass.

menace

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2023, 10:57:06 am
« Reply #413 on: April 13, 2017, 04:07:54 pm »
I hated the garbage people from the get go.  Im sure not enough fictional time has passed for people to regress to mad max post apocalyptic speech.  It just grates how out of sync with everyone else they were.

A good tire fire should end that camp.

Overall i was happy with the ending but alexandria is not a fort and would be hard to defend from the numbers negan has.

And yes shoot eugene the useless nut sack
its better to not post and be thought a fool, then to whip out your keyboard and remove all doubt...

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:58:22 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #414 on: April 13, 2017, 04:28:20 pm »
Did any of them start wearing skin suits and living with the zombies?  That's as far as I got in the comics.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #415 on: April 14, 2017, 03:43:32 pm »
*shhhh*  That's next season.  :)

DaOld Man

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 13, 2023, 12:03:14 am
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
« Reply #416 on: April 27, 2017, 07:27:17 pm »
Skin suits, you say?

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #417 on: April 27, 2017, 07:59:23 pm »
IT RUBS THE LOTION ON IT'S SKIN OR ELSE IT GETS THE HOSE!