Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Stange Screen Controller Issue... any help really appreciated.  (Read 3730 times)

geoffers2013

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 17, 2014, 09:02:00 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Stange Screen Controller Issue... any help really appreciated.
« on: October 08, 2014, 04:56:05 pm »
Hi All from the UK (and a newbie to the site),

ahhh now I know the Megatouch doesn't get much love, but after converting a few to some multi touch emulator machines, I now have one that I would like to keep in my games room as an "Original" (I actually want to do a full restoration series on it).

Sooo...

All was going fine with this machine - happily playing on it, when suddenly...

I would Boot it up and all seems fine.  It goes all through the BIOS - fine.

It shoots through the post BIOS, starting up LINUX fine, detecting the Microtouch touch screen controller fine (it shows "OK" when detecting, and when loading up the driver)... but as the actual Megatouch software finishes loading, I get

"touch screen controller not responding".

I am a bit at my wits end.. I have tried connecting the touch screen controller (the 3M black model), to a PC - and it all works fine.

I have tried swapping in 2 "spare" controllers, and even a different screen overlay - all working fine on a normal PC, but all resulting in the same message on the Megatouch machine.

I have tried flipping DIP switch 6 on the I/O board, in order to put the board into hardware detect board... and... as it should, it goes into diag, detects the controller, reboots twice (re-initializing the drivers).. but still... nada!  "touch screen controller not responding".

Any ideas are really gratefully received...

Here is a video showing what happens.

Cheers in advance all!

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:11:25 pm
Re: Stange Screen Controller Issue... any help really appreciated.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 08:06:21 pm »
There is some weird stuff going on with your megatouch. Its loading the Maxx splash screen. Which suggests your using either a maxx hard drive, or a maxx key. This is why your getting the touchscreen error because its expecting a maxx controller. (white smt3 case)

Just so you know, your using a Force Motherboard and a Force touchscreen controller, Force IOboard and Maxx key or hard drive with maxx software loaded. This is most likely your problem and is a conflict of hardware/software.

What does it say on the sticker on the key? should be SAxxxx-xx-r00
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 08:21:42 pm by mahkeymike »

ed12

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2018, 03:44:39 pm
  • it is what it is..."Nobody Said It Was Easy"....
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 08:42:47 pm »
ya he's running max with fource firmware
thats a no no
also that overlay need's alot of love
ie clean it
when u bind it back down just go around the edge and maybe 1/32 in on edges
enough to fold
or u will cause the touch to error out

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 09:08:48 pm »
ya he's running max with fource firmware
thats a no no
ed

No, he is using a legit Force mobo. He could even have a Force key, but the hard drive might have Maxx software loaded, or vise versa. Older versions of maxx did not have motherboard checks. If it detected a motherboard with a i810 chipset it would load Force driver modules along with touch screen driver modules. Then the software would take over and expect a Maxx touchscreen controller but the Force controller and driver modules were already loaded so it errors out.

I dont have a maxx mobo to test but in theory you could run 2005 force software/key on a maxx system with a simple patch.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 09:11:33 pm by mahkeymike »

ed12

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2018, 03:44:39 pm
  • it is what it is..."Nobody Said It Was Easy"....
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 09:36:21 pm »
i seen all that
guess it just came out wrong

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 12:43:37 pm »
dude makes a video pleading for help, posts video here where help is given, and a week later no responce.  :dunno

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:35:47 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2014, 01:12:59 pm »
dude makes a video pleading for help, posts video here where help is given, and a week later no responce.  :dunno

checked the user, he signed in today. he may come back tonight with the results of his investigation.

:cheers:

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2014, 09:12:01 pm »

checked the user, he signed in today. he may come back tonight with the results of his investigation.

:cheers:

Guess he gave up. I was just curious what version key he is using. If it was a 2005 or later Force key, all he would need to do is download the software (if he doesnt have the discs) and reinstall it.

Oh well,  :dunno

Dazzzzz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 29, 2023, 07:21:38 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 09:20:38 am »
Hi Guys,

Just to let you know that I actually helped Geoff out with this problem (i guess he forgot to come back and update you all).
I sent him a spare 2006 Force HDD and Key that I had and once he popped these into the machine it worked
So the problem was a corrupt Hard Drive, he was using a Force one HDD but for whatever reason it was defaulting to load the MAXX software due to corruption on the drive