Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: WWF Wrestlefest and Superstars custom build  (Read 6769 times)

jdluhman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 27, 2014, 12:05:52 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
WWF Wrestlefest and Superstars custom build
« on: October 03, 2014, 08:09:34 pm »
I have been working on a wrestling machine and am doing the artwork myself. I am looking for anyone who has the WWF Wrestlefest bezel. All I am in need of is a readable picture of the yellow boxes in either lower corner that explains how to play the game. I am going to take that information and craft a version similar to the Superstars instructions. Can anyone just snap a pic of their bezel?

I have both boards functioning off a 6 in one switcher and then am waiting for an adapter for the 512 Game Elf. When it's all done the artwork will combine my favorite wrestlers from both games with the Game Elf as a sleeper bonus.

I also have a minor issue with the monitor but that is for another thread. Thank you in advance!

jdluhman

• Offline Offline
Re: WWF Wrestlefest and Superstars custom build
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 12:30:39 pm »
I have searched the net high and low and can not find a large enough image size to get the text off the "How to Play" and "Game Mode" boxes off Wrestlefest. Does anyone know someone who has the dedicated game? I would even be happy with just a typed version of what it says. I know it doesn't vary that much from the Superstars bezel but there are differences, I will even offer a paypal for $10 if they can get me this crucial piece for the project.

Spinnhacker

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 19, 2015, 02:22:40 am
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 05:17:17 am »
I have this with High Quality:
Bezel
Cpo
Marquee
Sideart
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 05:50:29 am by Spinnhacker »

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 07:27:18 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 08:56:00 am »
I searched high and low, even hit up a few Ops I know, no one has a wrestle fest bezel.  From the low res pix I found on line, the verbiage seems *very* similar to the wwf super stars bezel.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

jdluhman

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 02:28:59 pm »
The Superstars bezel is close to the Wrestlefest but different enough that I must get it exact to satisfy my neurotic brain. They had a Wrestlefest dedicated 4 player machine at TNT Amusements out east but their version didn't have the original bezel.  :banghead:

I am trying to post some pictures of my cabinet build but it won't let me upload them. Am I doing something wrong or do I need a certain number of posts first?

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 04:19:05 pm
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 02:42:25 pm »
Check the resolution/size of your pics.

If they are over 2MB, you will definitely need to resize them.

Allowed file types: txt, jpg, gif, pdf, png, zip, rar, jpeg, skp, svg, ai, gif
Restrictions: 8 per post, maximum total size 5120KB, maximum individual size 2048KB

Scott

jdluhman

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 03:15:17 pm »
Got it! I will post a few more pics of the finished art as these were the templates.

horizon

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 09, 2015, 05:58:48 pm
  • They've gone plaid!
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 03:17:53 pm »
Only thing out of place to me is the Bella twins.  Everything is so 80's glory days, and then you have those two.  Great overall look man, looks fantastic imo.

jdluhman

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 11:41:47 am »
Yea the Bella twins making the cut was a compromise with our 6 and 8 year old girls. They wanted somebody they liked on the machine too. I justified it with the "2 games in one" concept and Nikki has the #2 on her shirt...plus they're hot so I gave in.  :dunno

I am going to have an alternate marquee made to keep it all 80's but I can't decide on another image to put in their place. I am open to suggestions fellas.

Not sure if you can make it out on my crappy iPhone pics but I replicated the Superstars instructions to fit on the top part of the monitor bezel. When I finally get the information to duplicate the Wrestlefest instructions...it will go on the bottom bezel and look almost identical but with the Wrestlefest logo.

Here are some more pics with the finished art all installed. We had a Halloween party last Saturday and this game was the biggest attract with both the kids and adults due to its easy game play.

I promise to post more, better quality, and more detailed pictures when the project is fully complete with the Wrestlefest game instructions.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 11:46:48 am by jdluhman »

horizon

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 09, 2015, 05:58:48 pm
  • They've gone plaid!
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2014, 12:30:55 pm »
If you can find a quality image of KoKo B Ware or Jimmy Supafly Snuka?  Jake the Snake Roberts would be cool potentially, too.

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2014, 11:39:27 am »

Needs more Heenan.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 07:27:18 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2014, 11:48:52 am »

Needs more Heenan.

not often I agree with Chaddles McGillicutty , but what he said is true.  Could also use less Hogan and Warrior, more Mr.Perfect and Ted DiBiase.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

gbeef

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2018, 03:32:26 pm
    • arcadepix.com
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2014, 03:47:07 pm »
Looks great i would re visit the marquee thou everything else fits will together. Nice work

My cabs
4 Player Arcade
X-men Arcade Remixed
My Pin Cab Attack of the PINZ cab
My Racing Cabinet Cab [URL=http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2024, 11:03:32 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2014, 06:15:05 pm »

Needs more Heenan.

not often I agree with Chaddles McGillicutty , but what he said is true.  Could also use less Hogan and Warrior, more Mr.Perfect and Ted DiBiase.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN, BROTHER!!!! YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MUCH HULKSTER!!!"

Also,

***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

jdluhman

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2014, 03:29:33 pm »
I tend to agree with Yotsuya as the Hulk was always my favorite. I tried to use the 2 different era Hogans that were used in each respective game at least. Unfortunately you won't see the side art when it gets to the eventual resting place between 2 other games.

Initially I tried to use Jake, Mr. P, and Ted Dibiase in addition to the current artwork and incorporate them in the background of the control panel. As far as Heenan...I love the guy but didn't consider him in the final "cut". Call me a "ham and egger" if you must.  ;)

I like the idea of getting Ted Dibiase on the marquee seeing he is in the game and Andre is already on the control panel. He would be my top pick to replace the Bella twins.

I will point out that I was somewhat limited to the images available online in the similar style. Any other superstar images not on the current variation were not available in a large enough file size to blow up for a piece like this.   

Should I post elsewhere or on other forums to get the Wrestlefest marquee info? With such a huge community I didn't think it would take this long to just get a camera phone pic of the text.

gbeef

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2018, 03:32:26 pm
    • arcadepix.com
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2014, 06:27:55 pm »
If you can't find the style or recreate don't bother jamming more into the design. The CP and Sideart work well together. The Marquee is a little off on the look. You don't need more, just work with what you have to make the machine look like whole. You could just go clean Marquee also if you feel there too many of the same images.  Try bringing the red design on the sides or try the orange of the CP on the Marquee design. Dump the woman, Or if you want to roll with the woman idea. I would pair Hulk or Macho with liz….Dump the 2 girls (Doesn't make sense) Good luck. :afro:

My cabs
4 Player Arcade
X-men Arcade Remixed
My Pin Cab Attack of the PINZ cab
My Racing Cabinet Cab [URL=http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=

jdluhman

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2014, 07:05:19 pm »
I am open for a complete redesign of the marquee. Is there anyone on this forum that would like to design something suitable knowing the side art and control panel won't change. I would pay them for their services.  :notworthy: I just posted a request in the Artist for hire thread in the vendor forums, We shall see if a pro wants to tackle this marquee design situation.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 07:14:52 pm by jdluhman »

LincolnHawk88

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 16, 2014, 05:14:01 pm
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2014, 05:14:22 pm »
I am open for a complete redesign of the marquee. Is there anyone on this forum that would like to design something suitable knowing the side art and control panel won't change. I would pay them for their services.  :notworthy: I just posted a request in the Artist for hire thread in the vendor forums, We shall see if a pro wants to tackle this marquee design situation.

jdluhman - I came across this thread looking for Wrestlefest sideart.  I actually purchased a 4-man cabinet from TNT a year ago.  No side art and part of the bezel (logo and instructions).  That being said, did you do your own side art?  If so, I'll pay you for your services in interested!  Love the style!

copyimitation

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 06, 2019, 12:03:56 pm
  • Looking for Ring of Destrucion II
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2015, 12:16:09 pm »
I have this with High Quality:
Bezel
Cpo
Marquee

This seems a bit small. Is this print size? I just bought Superstars yesterday and I need all new art. Sucks that you can't find the cpo anywhere.
Sideart

Ginsu Victim

• Yeah, owning a MAME cab only leads to owning real ones. MAME just isn't good enough. It's a gateway drug.
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 08, 2023, 02:40:58 pm
  • Comanche, OK -- USA
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2015, 11:10:22 am »
This seems a bit small. Is this print size? I just bought Superstars yesterday and I need all new art. Sucks that you can't find the cpo anywhere.
Sideart

He's saying he has high quality versions of those images. The ones he uploaded are low res examples.