Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: mamehooker and m2emulator help for outputs  (Read 2798 times)

Boomslang

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 08:20:43 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
mamehooker and m2emulator help for outputs
« on: September 29, 2014, 03:07:44 am »
Hi

Ive spent all night playing with mamehooker and finally got TS2.1 working with it etc, however I don't understand how to setup mamehooker for Daytona for instance in m2emulator. I see the value of Fake_VRView=0 then Fake_VRView=1 etc as it moves through the values however when you go to edit the current rom file in mamehooker it just gives Fake_VRView= and im not sure how to make it do all different VR buttons. Also ive got a pacdrive and cant see the option to have it pulse on and off as the lights should

Could someone enlighten me please or post their ini so I understand it better...thanks

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
Re: mamehooker and m2emulator help for outputs
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 05:35:49 pm »
Does no one use mamehooker for m2 emulator or supermodel? Unfortunately due to Howard being gone lately I can't seek help from him

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 08:10:48 pm
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 06:22:13 pm »
I haven't used it, but I do know the location of some outputs changed in the last build of model 2 emulator.
Troubleshooter 2 is meant to work with model 2 emulator version 1.0

I seem to remember someone commenting that all the download links take you to the new version.   :-\

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 07:30:44 pm »
Yeah I'm on 1.0 and I can see the outputs fine however getting mamehooker to actually connect to pac-drive correctly is where I'm struggling. I've followed tutorial on his website etc but there must be something more advanced to do that I'm missing. I really need to see a ini of a working mamehooker setup to see what that is. I've pm'd retrorepair for help as I know he's had it working before hopefully he gets back to me

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 18, 2024, 02:38:32 am
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 09:42:01 pm »
I think I read a post where Howard said he was going in for surgery on September 30th. Hope he is OK.

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 04:10:55 am »
hmm well I just attempted Supermodel outputs and they worked absolutely fine no worries first attempt so now im actually wondering if its something wrong on mamehooker itself or its not reading the outputs correctly from TS2. I downloaded a brand new m2 emulator 1.0 off a site to confirm my version was 1.0 which it appeared by the readme.

theolditguy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2023, 02:39:20 am
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2022, 10:45:16 am »
Hey Boomslang, first of all thank you for all the work you do in this space.  Please forgive the digital archeology resurrecting this thread but I got to the exact same spot you were in 2014, supermodel, mame, tp, all have outputs working fine.  But I am looking to light the VR lights in model 2 and I finally got the TS2 to mamehooker and model 1.0 exe sorted, now I just dont understand how Fake_VRView= can be divided up into 4x outputs?