Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: - VENDOR - Focusattack.com Arcade Parts Superstore  (Read 51010 times)

jmandmc

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2016, 05:19:07 pm
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
Re: - VENDOR - Focusattack.com Arcade Parts Superstore
« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2014, 04:14:48 pm »
This is my fault for not posting everywhere I could. Though I can't yet say there will be another ATOW sale soon, look for a PM soon. It's also worthwhile to sign up for FA.R because you can combine discounts and coupons redeemed from it.
Get what you need to win.

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2023, 11:39:06 pm
  • Build the impossible -"There is no Spoon"
    • DeLuSioNaL's YouTube Videos
« Reply #81 on: October 06, 2014, 04:32:27 pm »
Yup, signed onto F.A.R. and so far it looks neat.

D
Stop by my Youtube channel and leave a comment:

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2014, 09:20:12 pm »
Yup, signed onto F.A.R. and so far it looks neat.

D

Glad you like it. :D  Trying to make it useful and worthwhile for everyone that registers.  Good way to earn coupon codes and redeem at any time, I hope.

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #83 on: October 11, 2014, 09:28:19 pm »
A few updates if you haven't visited the site for a while:

Ultimarc I-PAC 2 & 4
I-PAC is a popular joystick and pushbutton input to USB conversion PCB.  Great for anyone looking to create their own MAME arcade cabinet, and looking for a feature-rich converter specifically designed for MAME, or programmable for other emus. Available for 2 and 4 player configurations.

Ultimarc J-PAC PC to JAMMA Interface PCB
Helpful to convert an existing JAMMA cabinet to MAME-enabled multicade.  Note that additional harnesses are needed for additional buttons outside of standard JAMMA configuration. Ultimarc's FAQ explains this.

Additional Sanwa, Seimitsu Parts - Upon request, I added a few more replacement parts for Seimitsu:

I know that replacement LS-56 PCBs aren't here yet, but will add those in the next restock

Now for shipping:

FA now offers discounted 3-5 day international shipping via DHL Worldwide Express.  I explain all of it here.

And finally, a bit of fun:

Street Fighter Character Blind Box
Wanted to add these for a while.  These are tiny figurines that come with a key strap so you could attach to your keys.  Blind box contains Ryu, Ken, Blanka, Chun-Li or E-Honda in original or alternate colors.  As with blind boxes, you don't know which is inside, and neither do we when they ship.  Available while supplies last, and if I can get more in stock.  Going to add more fun and collectible items like this over the weeks and months.

Flag Decal Balltops - starting with Japan and America, these have gotten a good reaction so far.  I wasn't certain about them at first.  Compatible with Sanwa JLF and Seimitsu LS series joystick (excepting LS-32).  Can also install on Crown with the JLF Conversion Shaft.

I've got more coming.  In the meantime, I hope you'll check out what was added to the store, and thanks for the continued support!

Some promos I made for new releases:

Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 08:04:21 pm by jmandmc »

sharpfork

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 07, 2023, 12:43:42 pm
    • KADE
« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2014, 10:29:42 am »
= straight up clone/knock off of

I have had a lengthy debate about this with jmandmc and other hardware creators over in the FA tech talk forum and honestly, it got ugly.  jmandmc Does not seem to understand the base ideas of Open Source hardware.  What he did in making a SLG knock off of Bruno's work (KADE member) is 100% legal but absolutely against the spirit the design was made open source in the first place.  We knew that opening up designs as Open Hardware.  Ethics is for the community and potential customers to decide.  jmanDMC Has made the case that what he did is legal and on that point were are in agreement.  I'd like to see jmanDMC explain why what he did is ethical, contributing to the community, or encouraging further open source hardware development.

Dangerous Prototypes has a short piece called A culture of ethics in open source hardware? that boils down the ethics around open hardware.  To paraphrase:

"We credit each other, a lot"
- jmanDMC has provided credit to Bruno so that follows the letter of the CC licensing.  I don't think that the description of having used "the hardware specs" is exactly accurate but that is more a matter of semantics.  Specs would be more like the schematics and Bill Of Materials, not an unaltered design file (aside from removing Bruno's or KADE branding and adding FA branding).
FA GRADE: C+

"Naming: be different. It’s better to be unique"
There has been some discussion about were the "3" came from in the name.  Is it a reference to Toodles or Crafty Mech or something else?  From a branding perspective, this shouldn't be a question and should not cause confusion.  The problem is, it has caused some confusion.
dude. SLG3? So where is the SLG1 & 2?
FA GRADE: C-

"Cloning ain’t cool"
jmanDMC made a clone.  He didn't add any functionality.  He didn't improve the technical design or add additional value for end users.  He cloned Bruno's design.  Following the terms used in the article, the FA is more of a “knock-off” because there weren't even parts changed.
FA GRADE: FAIL

"We pay each other royalties, even though we don’t need to"
I have an agreement with Bruno around my sale of his SLG in North America (he actually asked me to sell them).  We are on the KADE team together work together all the time on new cool gaming hardware, sending .  jmanDMC Hasn't offered any compensation to Bruno.  While it is no way required under the CC licensing, other vendors who have approached us have always come with an offer of some form compensation.
FA GRADE: FAIL

In conclusion, what jmanDMC did is legal but is completely outside of the reason why Bruno and KADE Open Source Hardware.  We do it so folks will innovate and make the designs better or to learn a new skill and make one for their own use.  The design was not opened for someone to take the technical design files and slap their brand on it to compete with us.  He can continue to do so and I will continue to aggressively voice the KADE team's disapproval in this and other communities.

I suggest folks read the spirited debate that hapened for a few pages in jmandmc annoucnment here: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/121175/focusattack-com-fighting-game-store/p82

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 07:29:48 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2014, 10:52:56 am »
mann those minis are tits!

Blind box kills me, I dont gamble and the reward of a red haired Ryu doesnt out weigh the risk of not really liking any of the other ones (maybe I wouldnt be super ticked if I got a Blue chunners)
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2014, 02:33:55 am »
@Malenko it's a gamble for me, too.  I don't readily know what's in the blind boxes because they aren't open.  For now just something picked up and seeing how they do. 

Sorry for the lack of updates.  I have one or two.  Many have asked for Eurosticks, and I'm getting them. Once in, will see how those go, and will also see if I end up switching to IL exclusively.  But for now, I'll have Happ and IL for competition joysticks.

The SLG3 - it was a stepping stone project; only 25 pieces were made and my dev suggested I just move them since he already assembled the hardware.  I said that in the SRK forums and elsewhere, plus clarified on some other things.  Even Toodles stepped in to speak about it.  For what its worth, the backlash on SRK was noted by my developer, and he's hard at work on the solution that was already planned as a follow up.  It bears little resemblance to the SLG3, or Retro VGA, or anything else currently available.

In any case, a learning experience, so I'm thankful regardless of what came of it, and look forward to sharing the new unit when it's completed.

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #87 on: December 01, 2014, 12:26:34 pm »
Hi all,

It's been a good while, to which I apologize - on the arcade side of things, I've wanted to provide a good reason to post an announcement. Today, I have a few:

Today, I'm holding a Cyber Monday Super Sale from now until 11:59pm (US EST).  Nearly everything in the store is discounted up to 20%.  This includes Suzo Happ and IL arcade parts, Cherry Switches, and more.

If you're interested in some of the modern fighting titles, Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- is coming out December 15.  I'm holding a giveaway that will award 2 entrants a GGXrd Prize Pack, plus MadCatz TE2 Fightstick for Sony PS3 and PS4. 

To enter, you need to belong to either Facebook or Twitter.

Facebook Entry: http://bit.ly/fa-cybermonday-gg
Twitter Entry: http://bit.ly/fa-cybermonday-ggt

Winners are announced December 1 at 8pm (US EST).

If you're a member of the FA.R Rewards, you can redeem coupon codes today for less chips. I'm also awarding extra chips to the top 10 earners during the sale.

Finally, I wanted to announce the release of KOWAL Flat Plate Converter and Japan S Plate Converter.  It's been a project of several months, recognizing that adapter plates do exist in the arcade scene and have for a while.  It's here that I hope you'll still find both KOWAL converter plates worthwhile. 

The FPC is designed to accommodate many modern Japanese and US/EU joysticks and panels. The JSP was made for compatibility with all Seimitsu joystick models (LS32/33/40/55/56/58) and Sanwa JLW, and to fit in any Japanese import cabinet that can accept the LS-32 mounting plate.

Here is a quick breakdown. Please mention if you can't see the images:

Flat Plate Joystick and cabinet install Compatibility (diagram by Kowal):

S-Plate general specs and Photo of JLW, LS-33 install:

The FPC and JSP retail for $9.95.  You can score one for just $7.95 today only. :)  Following this, I'm adding a screw and nut kit for the plates to assist with install if needed.  Finally, SRK's and Neo Geo Forum's Lemony Vengeance is developing an install video so you can see how both plates work in a variety of cabinets.

If you're interested, I really hope you'll pick one up.  Here is a quick link to this and other KOWAL items:

http://buff.ly/1yaBn6E

Thanks for the support!

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #88 on: January 03, 2015, 10:46:01 am »
Hi all,

Wanted to share a sale event going on for 6 hours today.  Details are available here! http://support.focusattack.com/entries/72604909-FA-Store-Closing-December-31-Reopening-January-3-2015-for-ATOW-7-

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2015, 11:00:55 am »
Hi again,

It does get a bit quiet in here since moving to the Retail Vendors area, but I wanted to share some info about a new Attack on Wakeup Sale:

Details: http://bit.ly/1E1t54i

Please let me know if you have any questions.  Thanks!