Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order  (Read 3646 times)

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 15, 2024, 10:59:21 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
« on: December 30, 2019, 11:56:54 pm »
I'm just wondering how everyone is enjoying the game.  While the gameplay mechanics are pretty good (as they are a blatant rip-off of the ubisoft games) I'm really hating the maps and the save system.  Having to find a checkpoint to manually save and the awful 3d maps without a "set way point" function make me feel like I'm playing a n64 game.  I mean Ubisoft figured all of this out in 2007 with the first assassin's creed.  Getting lost because of the map is bad enough but going through a particularly hard section only to die and have to do it all over again is annoying...especially with the long load times for a respawn..... I'm thinking of dropping the difficulty down to story mode.  So is it just me?  I mean it wouldn't bother me if the gameplay was bad.... I'd just call it a flop and move on, but the gameplay is good and I like the story.  I can only tolerate it in short bursts right now.  Maybe I'm just in a bad part of the game or something.

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:01:53 am
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 11:41:53 pm »
I’ve played it some, it came with my Xbox One S.  Graphics are nice, and I like a Star Wars universe game without Yoda.  Feels like Uncharted mixed with Bloodborne, but I haven’t gotten very far yet. 

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2020, 12:42:50 am »
Apparently I went in the wrong order... the planet I visited first was actually the one most people do last.  I'm out of it and things are a bit easier.  I still hate the 1999 save system though.   :angry: :angry:

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 02:46:01 am »
Which planet?  I was borderline paralyzed by that choice.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2020, 02:52:23 pm »
The zeffo home world. 

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2020, 08:27:23 pm »
Lol, dammit.  Back to the ship.

:cheers:

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2020, 11:59:09 pm »
I would just go ahead and finish it unless you aren't very deep in the level... the force push you get is worth the extra effort.....  I'm on another planet now and the solution to those crazy imp pile-ons is to just force push them all off a cliff.   >:D

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2020, 02:58:45 am »
So I finished the story mode.  The difficulty curve of this game is all over the place.  Some planets are a cake walk and others are a nightmare.  The bosses are incredibly difficult and I've got to be honest... after 45 minutes of trying and my gamepad about out of juice I decided to turn the difficulty down to story mode for the final boss.... I don't regret it... games are supposed to be fun and it was getting tedious.  You have a cameo from somebody that, imho, shouldn't be in this game and then it just sort of ends... not a satisfying conclusion but it was still fun.  Apparently I haven't fully explored all the planets and I'm not sure if I'm going to.  There's only one ending and I've seen it, so I think I'm done. 

Overall I liked the game, but it has some serious polish issues.  I've found glitches in the map and there have been several instances where I've seen enemies load into the game or textures res up while running.  It's fun... it's a rough start but it's fun so if it's on sale buy it people. 

jdbailey1206

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2023, 01:32:56 pm
  • No. It's your top score on Pole Position.
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2020, 12:21:04 pm »
You have a cameo from somebody that, imho, shouldn't be in this game and then it just sort of ends...

Agreed.  It was cool that they made the character more influenced by his actions in Rouge One but all these Star Wars shoot offs need to start working off their own merit like the Jedi Knight / KOTOR games did.  Though Desann in Outcast made me barf.  Jesus.  Whoever let that character design slip by still needs to be shot.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 12:26:35 pm by jdbailey1206 »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2020, 01:20:14 pm »
I was ok with that, I'm talking about the cameo at the end of the game.  We don't see even a hint of Vader through the whole game and then at the last possible second he just shows up out of no where.  Then we don't fight him and just get away.

jdbailey1206

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2020, 01:41:55 pm »
I was ok with that, I'm talking about the cameo at the end of the game.  We don't see even a hint of Vader through the whole game and then at the last possible second he just shows up out of no where.  Then we don't fight him and just get away.

Yeah.  I was talking about Vader also.  Just realized after doing some digging that Kenobi makes an appearance too.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2020, 08:41:36 pm »
I missed that one. 

I'll just echo the sentiment of half the internet.... I don't think Star Wars has to always be about Jedi and the people in the original Trilogy.  Some of the best Star Wars games had nothing to do with that (Shadows of the Empire, all the X-wing/Tie Fighter/Rouge Squadron games, ect.) and the best piece of Star Wars media to date, the Mandalorian, has nothing to do with Jedi or anything else.  I find it particularly stupid that you can't use a blaster in this game, for example.  I mean I get it Jedi are like Samurai, but if you bring a sword to a gun fight you are gonna lose. 

jdbailey1206

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2020, 08:22:46 am »
I'll just echo the sentiment of half the internet.... I don't think Star Wars has to always be about Jedi and the people in the original Trilogy.

Agreed.  I think thats why I enjoyed Dark Forces vs Dark Forces 2.  It was an action packed game set in the Star Wars Universe and you didn't a lightsaber throughout the whole game.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 08:26:27 am by jdbailey1206 »