Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Monitor Setup  (Read 1106 times)

CHRIS-F

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 06:59:12 am
  • I always have screws left over after repairs :-)
Monitor Setup
« on: September 12, 2014, 01:16:30 pm »
Hi Guys,

What is the correct way to set a monitor up is there a guide anywhere online? when I first got my machine it had a few problems. The PSU and video gnd to name just a few, the picture wasn't right and like an idiot I turned all the pots V hold, H hold, Phase etc even the focus and screen knobs. with the help of Shawn and Ed, I've fixed a few problems and the picture is ok but once I replace my PSU to get rid of the interference how do I go about setting the monitor for optimal picture quality. what does the phase pot actually do?

Chris.

ed12

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2018, 03:44:39 pm
  • it is what it is..."Nobody Said It Was Easy"....
Re: Monitor Setup
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 02:41:37 pm »
phase is to tweak horz freq

talk a tad more about "setup" ?

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

CHRIS-F

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 06:59:12 am
  • I always have screws left over after repairs :-)
Re: Monitor Setup
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 09:45:35 am »
Hi Ed, what are the implications of turning the Phase pot it doesn't seem to do much? would the picture roll sideways? I have H Hold, V Hold and Phase as well as V Amp etc  When I say setup, I mean, how would I set correct focus, brightness colours etc I have heard of crosshatch pattern generators and dot patterns etc, is there a software to help setup etc? also I think some of my game is off screen and turning the amp pots brings more on screen but not the whole picture may there be additional problems with the monitor? I haven't touched it yet because I still have interference on the monitor and haven't had a chance to change out the Power supply yet, just trying to get a bit of insight, before I try to adjust the picture. I suffer from really bad migrane headaches so having a nice sharp picture with correct colours and brightness will really help.

Thanks again Ed :-)