Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Games List Help  (Read 2163 times)

rvrtrpn2002

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 09, 2015, 04:32:29 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Games List Help
« on: September 10, 2014, 01:10:13 pm »
Hello everyone,

Just jumped onto the band wagon and as much as I've searched can't seem to find an answer to my question.

I'm running Maximus Arcade and have gone in and renamed all my roms and manually kept some out of the list.  Some games I want the child ROM to be the game to run and some the parent.  For example, some parents are the 4 player version and some are the 2 player-I have a 2-player system so I only want that one to show up in my Games list. 

The question I have is, everytime I want to add Roms I have to go in and redo this process over and over-is there an easier way to add ROMs and keep my Games list how I want it?  Only showing the indiviudal Game/Rom that I want it to show and not duplicates or unwanted ones?

Thanks for your help!

Yenome

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2024, 01:03:06 am
  • Punch a fish. Make a wish
Re: Games List Help
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 11:32:10 pm »
I did this on mine and it works for bios should work the same for parent roms.
have a second folder titles something like bios. put all the bios files and the parent roms needed in this folder. then in the mame.ini change the rom dir to

# CORE SEARCH PATH OPTIONS
#
rompath                   roms;bios (must have semi-colon between folder names)

save the file and now maximus will only see the roms in the rom folder but mame will see both folders and not cry one bit about parents missing when you run a clone. you will have to change the folder based on where you put your mame roms this assumes default location.
My Gf made me put a sig up. /whipped