Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Sega Genesis Bartop *** Complete - Now With Plans ***  (Read 99061 times)

stavros693000

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 14, 2022, 05:33:15 pm
  • I built my own arcade machine
Re: Sega Genesis Bartop
« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2014, 05:19:00 am »
did you say ur having trouble with the usb flush mount? if so these are what i usedhttp://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251172057353?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

there excellent ....just throw away/dont use the car dash mounter...dont need it

i cant remember quite what size spade bit i used but i think it was 19mm
anyway i dont know why more peeps dont use these i think they look a lot cleaner finish the the chunky square ones most peeps use
my first build classic style upright cabinet..... MARVELOUS FIGHTER (FINISHED) http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,133066.0.html

Locke141

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 03, 2024, 06:00:00 am
  • Never grow up.
« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2014, 02:21:49 pm »
I am loving this build.

Sonic was so much cooler the Mario. 

grippie

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 10, 2022, 03:07:35 pm
  • Genesis Does
    • Optimus Meatron
« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2014, 10:38:13 pm »
Finishing up the details while i'm waiting for the marquee light to come in. I re-cut the monitor mount to fix my centering issue. I'm playing around with a 2.1 speaker system I bought. It has a small sub and it's the perfect amount of bass for this build. It enhances the sound so much that I can't imagine not having it. Problem is, I don't have room for a 7" x 4" x 4" box. I'm planning to make a smaller enclosure that is close to the same volume, but a different shape. It should be good enough to provide the level of "thickness" that I'm looking for. Just turning on the title screen for golden axe proves that I need to have the woofer integrated.

Also, I posted my artwork in the artwork forum and I think I've decided to ditch all the crazy stuff I was trying to do with the bottom left (power button and volume area) I redid the artwork using the actual genesis layout and have it just a a cool image and not functional. I can just put USB's in the back near the power connector. I have a wireless keyboard that will always be connected to the PC anyways so I don't need it for that.

What do you guys think?

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 07:31:21 pm
« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2014, 04:17:43 am »
Like I said in the artwork post, it could still use some highlights and shadowing to make it look less flattened and more representative of the Genesis design.

grippie

• Offline Offline
  • Genesis Does
    • Optimus Meatron
« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2014, 09:03:02 am »

Like I said in the artwork post, it could still use some highlights and shadowing to make it look less flattened and more representative of the Genesis design.
Oh yea it's not done... Just posting an update on what I was working on, posting a timeline of how my project went. (part of the fun of this forum is reading these announcement threads, even when they are long finished)

I'm really trying to get the complete construction done so that I can print out a test copy of the artwork and make sure it's all placed correctly. I am going to look at cleaning up the artwork as a whole, and seeing how nice I can make it. (Although I'm not real confident that I know exactly how just yet)

Thanks for the feedback.

Superfrog

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 28, 2022, 10:39:08 am
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2014, 06:58:23 pm »

+2

And I would go for a transparent washer for the stick, so you can see the artwork better.
I use that one for my Popeye build and it looked great.

grippie

• Offline Offline
  • Genesis Does
    • Optimus Meatron
« Reply #86 on: October 27, 2014, 01:51:25 pm »
 :badmood: OMFG, seriously just lost all of my update text because of my file being a few K too large. Excellent. Here's a brief summary of what I wrote.

Pic one shows the power inlet finally wired. Messed up on the connections because i was rushing to get back to work, but I will fix it when I do a test run. 2nd pic shows the sub box that I made. It sounds nice and I tried to seal all of the seams inside with glue. The three holes are for the speaker, port (original unmodified) and the cord outlet which has a nice rubber grommet to seal it up.

I'm spending time trying to make templates to cut the speaker holes and the power inlet hole. I really don't want to mess those pieces up, but i'm having trouble getting a nice enough template made for small square holes. Speaker holes are 2" x 3" with rounded corners.

I wanted to be farther along (how many times have you read those words on this site) but the combination of grad school and the wife wanting to take maternity pictures got in the way.

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:12:01 pm
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #87 on: October 27, 2014, 02:55:34 pm »
Maybe I'm missing something, but it looks like the QDs weren't crimped.  :dunno

Do you have good mechanical and electrical connections on all of them?

You may want to ohm out the wiring to ensure you don't have any high-resistance (>2 ohms) connections.

Scott

grippie

• Offline Offline
  • Genesis Does
    • Optimus Meatron
« Reply #88 on: October 27, 2014, 06:23:22 pm »
Maybe I'm missing something, but it looks like the QDs weren't crimped.  :dunno
Oh yea, I soldered them together. I spent some time making sure to tin the wires and then solder them in place inside the QD. I ran out of time since I was doing this on my lunch break  :angel:  Should I go back and crimp them nice can tight as well and then make sure all of the connections are still soldered tight? Was thinking that soldering them was the better option since I've had connections come loose before on a joystick and definitely didn't want that happening when dealing with a hot wire.

I also bastardized an old power cord and used the wires from that to do the crossovers. I wanted to make sure they were up to carrying power.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 06:25:23 pm by grippie »

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #89 on: October 27, 2014, 07:36:34 pm »
You want a good mechanical connection as well as good electrical connection.

If you do both, I'd normally recommend crimping first then soldering, but it should work the other way, too.   ;D

Scott

grippie

• Offline Offline
  • Genesis Does
    • Optimus Meatron
« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2014, 10:57:35 pm »
Quick update. Over the last few nights I've been trying to clean up my work area. I've been going nuts with all of the clutter from this project and it's making it less fun that it should be. I still don't have the 'shop' area of my rather large garage set up completely and we just had a garage sale and the wife's junk is everywhere still. :banghead:

Anyways I've finished creating templates for the speaker holes and the inlet power plug hole for the back. luckily I already had a 2" hole saw, so i just made 2 holes and trimmed off the rest with the jigsaw. For the inlet plug i was having trouble getting the shapes right so I created a temporary template out of scrap 1 x 1 wood. I just made a corner and stapled them together. Then spaced another piece out and stapled that together. I then used that as a template to flush trim some 1/2"mdf. boom perfect hole. I can post a picture, I just realized how incoherent that sounds.

I got a chance to cut them out tonight and I rounded off the edge of the speaker holes with a .25" radius rounding bit. Next up is sanding and painting!!!

grippie

• Offline Offline
  • Genesis Does
    • Optimus Meatron
« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2014, 02:52:03 pm »
So bartops don't really have a lot of room.  :cry:  It's very hard to account for all of the wires and connections that stick out, like the VGA plug when designing these things. After a few hours of test fitting, I think i have something that will work. I had to round off the corners of the sub box, which is on the right in the pic below. I started priming and hope to keep on painting through the weekend. :woot 
I'm excited to get it going but I'm going to try and take my time with many coats and some good sanding between. The routered edges just ate up the first coat, so i know i'll need a few of just primer.

In photo 2, I got sick of tripping over all of my tools and not being able to find anything. I created a cheap pegboard setup and a shelf below it. It's cheap but it really helps with the frustration level when I can't find a damn pencil or particular tool.

grippie

• Offline Offline
  • Genesis Does
    • Optimus Meatron
« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2014, 04:01:53 pm »
Plugging away on the artwork whenever I get a chance. I'm adding things, but not sure that i'm helping or hurting. I think it's looking cool, but i'd like some feedback. I've only been working on the lower half, from the genesis logo down. I added in some shadowing and a shiny look to the 16-bit area. I attached the old flat artwork for reference.

yamatetsu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:08:31 pm
  • Just because.
« Reply #93 on: October 31, 2014, 05:58:19 pm »
The shading looks definitely better. However, I would exchange the yellow marked areas

with their counterparts from the old version.

I think the older joystick version looks a bit more retro (a case of 'less is more') and the watchamacallit-area on the left has more impact without the shading. On a real console, this would be a flat color, so that looks more natural to me.

One minor addition : How about an 'X' on the right loudspeaker of the slider, so that even an idiot who does not get on/off still can see how to mute the sound ?

UFO

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 22, 2022, 06:37:12 pm
  • Im nearly out of unproductive things to do at work
« Reply #94 on: October 31, 2014, 07:56:33 pm »
Project looks good buddy.

I have to wire one of these power inlets soon, and couldn't find any diagrams.

Other than the wires you mentioned need swapping, is this all correct?
:badmood: OMFG, seriously just lost all of my update text because of my file being a few K too large. Excellent. Here's a brief summary of what I wrote.

Pic one shows the power inlet finally wired. Messed up on the connections because i was rushing to get back to work, but I will fix it when I do a test run. 2nd pic shows the sub box that I made. It sounds nice and I tried to seal all of the seams inside with glue. The three holes are for the speaker, port (original unmodified) and the cord outlet which has a nice rubber grommet to seal it up.

I'm spending time trying to make templates to cut the speaker holes and the power inlet hole. I really don't want to mess those pieces up, but i'm having trouble getting a nice enough template made for small square holes. Speaker holes are 2" x 3" with rounded corners.

I wanted to be farther along (how many times have you read those words on this site) but the combination of grad school and the wife wanting to take maternity pictures got in the way.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 08:00:05 pm by UFO »

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #95 on: October 31, 2014, 09:08:05 pm »
I have to wire one of these power inlets soon, and couldn't find any diagrams.
Diagrams and pics are here.

Scott

grippie

• Offline Offline
  • Genesis Does
    • Optimus Meatron
« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2014, 05:29:55 pm »
Interesting. The diagram I found had the hot/neutral reversed from the wiki. Does this matter? I drew up a new diagram based on the one I found on the amazon.com review since it was garbage. Here is what I have.

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #97 on: November 01, 2014, 08:47:46 pm »
Interesting. The diagram I found had the hot/neutral reversed from the wiki. Does this matter? I drew up a new diagram based on the one I found on the amazon.com review since it was garbage. Here is what I have.
The switch cutout is rectangular so the switch can be installed with the wider-spaced contacts (more room for the lamp) on the left like your diagram or on the right like below.

From the wiki:
The lamp is between D and B and when wired as shown, it only lights when the switch is closed -- swap the wires connected to A + B and the wires connected to C + D for the lamp to be always-on.

It shouldn't matter if you use A+B or C+D for hot, as long as the fuse feeds the non-lamp side (A or C) for normal switched-light operation or the lamp side (B or D) for unswitched-light operation.

As long as you don't swap just A+C or just B+D, you won't end up with hot and neutral crossed.   ;D

Since the lamp is either incandescent, neon or an LED acting like a half-wave rectifier, it won't matter if hot is on B or D as long as neutral is on the other.

Scott

grippie

• Offline Offline
  • Genesis Does
    • Optimus Meatron
« Reply #98 on: November 01, 2014, 10:29:16 pm »
PL1, Great explanation. Thank you.  :cheers:

I've been painting ---my bottom--- off over the last few days. I have primed all panels at least 4 full times with sanding in between. Here is how I did the progression.

Initial sanding of the bare wood with 220. (i wanted 320 but couldn't find any)
Prime
Light sand with 220
Prime
Light sand with 220
Prime
Light sand with 400
Prime
Light sand with 400
Prime

(That's 3 cans of gray primer gone and looking to start on the dark gray paint. The gray primer should help with the color coats since i'm not trying to cover up another color.)

I just did a quick sand of 600 on a few of the display pieces (pieces not going to be covered with artwork like the top and back.) It's looking a lot nicer and already has a pretty nice and clean surface. Not finished quality but good and primed. A question as I go forward. Should I start wet sanding from here on out? or only do that at the very end? Also I plan to use 600 till it's gone and then switch to 800 grit. I also have some 1500 and 2000 for a final sand before polishing. I think that should be sufficient. I'm just trying to make something that is well done and worthy of the time I've put into making my first build. I think it's easy to get bogged down in perfection and lose the fun of it all.

grippie

• Offline Offline
  • Genesis Does
    • Optimus Meatron
« Reply #99 on: November 04, 2014, 02:23:31 pm »
After just the first color coat and sanding with 600 grit it's already looking quite shiny. I plan to wet sand this with 800 and then finish it i with some auto paper, like 1500 or so and then swirl remover like in Ond's excellent videos. I might be done with the sides and bottom and all of that. i'm really only going to do the crazy extra mile on the show pieces that will not be covered by artwork like the top, back and speaker panel. The sides and CP are plenty smooth enough for adhering the artwork.

Check out Ond's tutorial part 1 here:

Slippyblade

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 16, 2023, 11:39:51 am
  • And to the death god we say, "Not today!"
« Reply #100 on: November 04, 2014, 05:34:36 pm »
Wow.  That's a sexy paint job!  Good work so far.

grippie

• Offline Offline
  • Genesis Does
    • Optimus Meatron
« Reply #101 on: November 05, 2014, 01:49:58 pm »
Wow.  That's a sexy paint job!  Good work so far.
Thanks slippy, I've since wet sanded with 800 and put another coat on. It's looking pretty clean and I am happy with it so far.

Here is another artwork update. I remade the joystick and button area. I tried to add in some depth to the surrounds as well as enlarged the button area to house the buttons completely. I figured since i was adding a curve look that it wouldn't make sense to have the buttons overlapping the lines. Now i'm going to revisit the bottom area again to tighten that up, then i'm about ready to order the prints. I also tweaked the sidepanel to remove the cartoony HD badge and get rid of blast processing...

Superfrog

• Offline Offline
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #102 on: November 05, 2014, 02:44:46 pm »
Great paint job and a ACE on the artwork  :cheers:

I would say ..... Send it to the Printer  >:D

gbeef

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2018, 03:32:26 pm
    • arcadepix.com
« Reply #103 on: November 05, 2014, 04:06:02 pm »
CP looks GREAT!!!!… For the side art i would try a couple other options. Maybe look at the Old box art? itself? Or design the sides so looks like the CP with the Roundpart in the middle?

My cabs
4 Player Arcade
X-men Arcade Remixed
My Pin Cab Attack of the PINZ cab
My Racing Cabinet Cab [URL=http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=

grippie

• Offline Offline
  • Genesis Does
    • Optimus Meatron
« Reply #104 on: November 05, 2014, 04:09:15 pm »
Thanks Guys!

CP looks GREAT!!!!… For the side art i would try a couple other options. Maybe look at the Old box art? itself? Or design the sides so looks like the CP with the Roundpart in the middle?
You know I was thinking about pulling the round piece from the CPO into the sides. Now that I test fit a printed copy on my actual build, It may be in a good spot to flow into the sidepanels. Thanks i'll see what I can come up with.

grippie

• Offline Offline
  • Genesis Does
    • Optimus Meatron
« Reply #105 on: November 10, 2014, 01:48:14 am »
Today I started assembling the pieces. There is a lot of finishing to do when it comes to installing the mobo and PSU. Here is what I have so far.

1-  coming together
2- New sub box wired and completed with port and wire through the grommet.
3- found a place to mount the volume and power button for the speaker.
4 - I shortened the power cables because of the lack of space. They were soldered, taped, tested and heat-shrinked, for safety.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 01:59:51 am by grippie »

grippie

• Offline Offline
  • Genesis Does
    • Optimus Meatron
« Reply #106 on: November 10, 2014, 01:57:54 am »
I'm not sure if this is the best way to do this, but through trial and error I found a good way to make a clearance hole, with a recessed pocket underneath. So it's using two forstner bits to make a clearance hole, in this case the power on button, and a recessed hole for a washer. See pics below. i'm using a 1 inch forstner bit and a 1/2 inch forstner bit.

1 - cut view of what i'm trying to accomplish
2 - I marked the placement of the hole on the outside of the top panel, then drilled a pilot hole so i can work form the inside.
3 - i used the large bit and drilled a shallow pilot hole
4 - I took the smaller bit and drilled a through hole, using the point from the larger bit. THis caused some bad edges on the inside of the large bit's cut.
5 - I went back to the larger it and now drilled down to the depth I wanted. This cleaned up any edges. Becasue I drilled a shallow hole in pic 3, my bit now has some edges to ride on. otherwise it will slip if i try to center it on the 1/2 inch hole.
6 - my power button installed. It's a large dia recess because i have to use pliers to tighten the hex nut. otherwise I can't get my fingers in there.

grippie

• Offline Offline
  • Genesis Does
    • Optimus Meatron
« Reply #107 on: November 10, 2014, 09:47:31 am »
Just saw that there is a new rev of the raspberry Pi out now that's even smaller and only 20 bucks. Wish I would have known about it when starting this build. I could have saved myself a TON of space constraint headaches.  :banghead:  Meh, where's the fun in that I guess right?

Tonight i'm going to finish mounting the mobo and PSU and hopefully get everything wired up and working. I also have the artwork at 95% and i'm trying to find the smallest footprint that I can squeeze the side panels onto for printing. Here is the artwork where it is now. I'm pretty happy with this as it is now. I've made a ton of small tweaks to tighten it up and add the finishing touch. thanks for all of the suggestions.

Superfrog

• Offline Offline
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #108 on: November 10, 2014, 11:25:01 am »
 :censored: :censored: I love your artwork  :censored: :censored:

That will be the top of the bill  :cheers:

grippie

• Offline Offline
  • Genesis Does
    • Optimus Meatron
« Reply #109 on: November 10, 2014, 02:03:20 pm »
:censored: :censored: I love your artwork  :censored: :censored:

That will be the top of the bill  :cheers:
Thanks Superfrog  :cheers:  It's come a long way since I first started. I learned a lot about vectorizing so it should help me on my next build.

Speaking of artwork, I just place my order with GOG. I saw that we get a 10% discount using BYOAC coupon code so that saved me 15 bucks. :applaud:
I'm so nervous that I forgot to turn on a layer or something and will not notice till it comes in. I found so many little issues and holes that I just fixed. I've looked at it up close so much that i'm going cross-eyed so screw it. :dizzy: it is what it is.

ChanceKJ

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 07, 2021, 02:52:06 pm
« Reply #110 on: November 10, 2014, 03:07:14 pm »
I hate that feeling.

I took an extra week before sending my art just because i'm picky and wanted to go over it like a dozen times with a fine tooth comb.  I feel your pain.  :lol

grippie

• Offline Offline
  • Genesis Does
    • Optimus Meatron
« Reply #111 on: November 11, 2014, 09:28:22 am »
I hate that feeling.

I took an extra week before sending my art just because i'm picky and wanted to go over it like a dozen times with a fine tooth comb.  I feel your pain.  :lol
I had to go back just now and look it over again to relieve some anxiety about it  :lol . I should have used a mac mini like you did Chance, it would have been a lot easier time with the spacing in this bartop.

Attached some pics of how it's all going together. First one is how i had to de-case the speakers, but i kept the mesh on it and it looks pretty good. (i'll have other side pics when it's all together)

The 2nd pic is of the paint job, but lighting wasn't great and i still need to clean up the swirl remover from the holes.

Lastly is most of the internals installed. I had to mount the power strip vertically because the speaker plug ran into the mobo. I was excited when I was building the mounting part for the subwoofer, but the vga cable runs into it and its' too close to the PS/2 plug for the keywiz. I wonder if I can use a PS/2 to USB adapter for the keywiz? I'll have to try that and get me another few centimeters to work with, otherwise i'll have to make another sub box, or scrap it. I really want it in there because it literally doubles the sound quality of the small speakers.

grippie

• Offline Offline
  • Genesis Does
    • Optimus Meatron
« Reply #112 on: November 11, 2014, 09:48:14 am »
Maybe this can give me enough room to get that sub in there :cheers:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-your-own-VGA-cord-of-CAT5-cable/

grippie

• Offline Offline
  • Genesis Does
    • Optimus Meatron
« Reply #113 on: November 13, 2014, 11:05:43 am »
OK, so I found some of these bad boys at radio shack. With the lower profile I can route them around the sub box without losing any space. I'm using a Cat5e cable to connect them. Included the diagram for reference.

Problem is that my soldering iron is way past it's prime and the tip is the size of a dull pencil  :cry:  I literally soldered 4 of the pins together. I'll have to upgrade my iron and get one with a much smaller tip.

ChanceKJ

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 07, 2021, 02:52:06 pm
« Reply #114 on: November 13, 2014, 09:35:05 pm »
Can't you replace just the tip?

(Haha, "just the tip")

Vigo

• the Scourage of Carpathia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 08:20:28 am
« Reply #115 on: November 14, 2014, 12:23:21 am »
(Haha, "just the tip")

I take my machine here, I take your little thing, I put it through this hole, and then...I nip the tip!

Who's first?

mgb

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 21, 2024, 06:18:13 pm
  • North East, US
« Reply #116 on: November 14, 2014, 07:05:46 am »
Radio shack has a little 15 watt iron for like 10 bucks. its great for tight soldering like that

grippie

• Offline Offline
  • Genesis Does
    • Optimus Meatron
« Reply #117 on: November 14, 2014, 09:41:09 am »

(Haha, "just the tip")

I laughed when I read the first part,  cause you know we are a bunch grown men (and ladies) building 1980's arcade machines who are essentially a bunch of 6 year olds. :laugh2:

I take my machine here, I take your little thing, I put it through this hole, and then...I nip the tip!

Who's first?

Classic!  :cheers:

Radio shack has a little 15 watt iron for like 10 bucks. its great for tight soldering like that
I picked up a 40W one from Home Depot. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Weller-40-Watt-LED-Soldering-Iron-Kit-SP40NKUS/204195330
It worked fine, but I now can't get the solder to tin the tip  :laugh:  and it won't melt the solder off of the spool anymore. I guess I've basically learned that I have no solder skills. I think I have to get a sponge and keep it cleaner so it won't oxidize, then keep the tip tinned. I was able to get one side of the vga cable soldered cleanly, but burned teh hell out of the plastic on the other one trying to get solder out from between some of the pins. Guess i'm heading to radio shack to get another one of the vga connectors. Good thing they are only $2.49.

Louis Tully

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 13, 2015, 09:41:03 pm
« Reply #118 on: November 14, 2014, 09:48:15 am »
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 06:01:28 pm by Louis Tully »

grippie

• Offline Offline
  • Genesis Does
    • Optimus Meatron
« Reply #119 on: November 14, 2014, 04:56:03 pm »
Bought another vga connector from radio shack and tried soldering again. went much better this time since I found a sponge in the kitchen that looks like a soldering sponge (don't tell the wife). Keeping  the tip cleaned  ;D I was able to get the solder to flow better.

Pic 1 shows my soldering, this was tough since it's like 26awg wire. Luckily i bought the helping hands with a magnifying glass and light.
Take that and test it, BOOM IT'S ALIVE. Still can't believe I got all of the wires soldered in without any shorts. No distortion or anything bad happening here.Lastly add glorious amounts of hot glue to keep it all together and safe.