Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Screenshots in MAME all Black?  (Read 3422 times)

MaxAsh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 08, 2017, 06:46:05 pm
  • This... is my boomstick!
Screenshots in MAME all Black?
« on: August 27, 2014, 11:10:47 pm »
Running MA 2.10 on Windows 7 32-bit.  Whenever I'm using MAME and attempt to use the Print Screen function to create a snap for the game, the image comes up as simply all black. I checked all the path info (tried both long and short as well). When I looked in the snaps folder, images are saving there, but they're all just black. No issues with other emulators, they save screenshots properly.

I only found one other forum topic (several years old) related to this, and there was no resolution posted. The only advice I saw was to use FRAPs instead. Has anyone else encountered this and found a fix? I have installed MA 2.10 on two other MAME setups, both with Windows XP, no issues with screenshots. Wondering if it's Windows 7? Very strange.

Generic Eric

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 09:02:23 am
  • Restore! Don't maim for MAME, build from scratch!
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,143226.0.html
Re: Screenshots in MAME all Black?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 11:01:52 am »
I don't know about print screen, but have you tried the F12 button?

I'm going to add an F12 button to my cab.  Not sure if I should conceal it on the back of the marquee box, or just put it on the CP.  Most games I play are from the current high score challenge.