Main > Driving & Racing Cabinets

Checkered Flag Front-End 1.0 Released!

<< < (2/10) > >>

Howard_Casto:
Yeah it's one of those color/colour things. 

The interesting thing is that particular zx game is localized... so it's spelled different here. 

POOTERMAN:
Howard

Chase H.Q.?
Turbo OutRun?

Missing I tell you, missing!!!

Explain yourself this very instant as this is a most heinous crime towards the arcade racing community! ;)

Just trying it out now for the first time, saw in the readme that there is an Intro video but how do you get it working? When I start up the emulator it goes straight to the games list and yet I can see the Intro.mp4 file in the skins folder. Do I have to enable it some how ?

Howard_Casto:
I just went by badmouth's list when I was making images.  I didn't really check it.  There is a "mamedriving.txt" included in the gamelists folder that includes every single mame driving game, but I didn't use it as the official list because I didn't get a chance to filter off clones and joystick/dial games as well as non-working, ect....

As mentioned in the readme.txt the intro vid is doing strange things depending upon your resolution.  Make sure your resolution is correctly set in the settings.txt and you should see... well... something.  If you still don't then you need a mp4 codec.  Honestly the intro is nothing special though... just a waving flag animation I found on the net. 

One thing not mentioned in the readme that people might want to know.  My FE, much like my older FE's is status aware.  By that I mean it knows when windows is trying to shut down.  So for a cabinet setup, you don't need to exit out of the FE, just tap the power button on your pc to invoke a shutdown.  It'll save your place. 

BadMouth:

--- Quote from: POOTERMAN on August 27, 2014, 10:17:17 am ---Howard

Chase H.Q.?
Turbo OutRun?

Missing I tell you, missing!!!

Explain yourself this very instant as this is a most heinous crime towards the arcade racing community! ;)

Just trying it out now for the first time, saw in the readme that there is an Intro video but how do you get it working? When I start up the emulator it goes straight to the games list and yet I can see the Intro.mp4 file in the skins folder. Do I have to enable it some how ?

--- End quote ---

Chase HQ isn't on the list because it had an optical steering wheel, not a pot.
IIRC, it does play fine with a 270 degree wheel though.  Although optical, it had stops to limit wheel rotation.

Not sure about Turbo Outrun.  If it's listed as a clone in MAME, it wouldn't be on the list.

MrThunderwing:

--- Quote from: POOTERMAN on August 27, 2014, 09:31:44 am ---"Chequered Flag" was the first game I played on the ZX Spectrum home computer way back in 1982!
--- End quote ---

It was one of the first ZX Speccy 48k games I ever played as well and was definitely the first ever driving game I'd played at home. Ahhh, good old Psion Software.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version