Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Marquee Size Question  (Read 2000 times)

Blueic5

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 16, 2018, 05:31:20 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Marquee Size Question
« on: August 13, 2014, 11:29:19 am »
Hi

Ive been making my cabinet for about 2 years now on and off I know its taking ages..  :o

Anyway ive finally got an LCD mounted and started looking at the marquee.  The opening I have is 660mm (26") wide and the height including the 18mm mdf thickness is 17cm .  Now my question is if I had a marquee made up and incased in plexiglass to those dimensions the top and bottom 18mm will be hidden by my plastic angle bead holding it in place is this normal?  I planned to get a street fighter 2 replica marquee made up but concerned about losing the top and bottom of it.  Should I be asking for  it to be made with a black 18mm strip at the top and bottom im a little confused?

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:02:53 am
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
Re: Marquee Size Question
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 12:32:31 pm »
Now my question is if I had a marquee made up and incased in plexiglass to those dimensions the top and bottom 18mm will be hidden by my plastic angle bead holding it in place is this normal?

Extremely normal.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

EMDB

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 05, 2023, 09:18:51 am
  • Project RetroCade
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 04:24:55 am »
Hi

Ive been making my cabinet for about 2 years now on and off I know its taking ages..  :o

Anyway ive finally got an LCD mounted and started looking at the marquee.  The opening I have is 660mm (26") wide and the height including the 18mm mdf thickness is 17cm .  Now my question is if I had a marquee made up and incased in plexiglass to those dimensions the top and bottom 18mm will be hidden by my plastic angle bead holding it in place is this normal?  I planned to get a street fighter 2 replica marquee made up but concerned about losing the top and bottom of it.  Should I be asking for  it to be made with a black 18mm strip at the top and bottom im a little confused?
You should not add a full 18mm black strip as you might see it just a bit. Add a couple of mm bleed (larger image than visible area). Just make sure there is no important part of your marquee at the top and bottom edges:

I added temporarily borders to see the final result (the visible part) during design time:

« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 04:31:11 am by EMDB »

Blueic5

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 01:50:08 pm »
Thanks all,  now I just need some artwork in the right size which is proving harder than I thought. 

JDFan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2023, 04:07:42 pm
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 05:52:38 pm »
Thanks all,  now I just need some artwork in the right size which is proving harder than I thought.

Found one that was close in the SFII resources HERE ( http://segamadebaddecisions.wordpress.com/2012/06/19/street-fighter-2-art-resources/ ) and resized it for you -- It has about 40mm on the sides and 20mm on the top and bottom that can be covered without problems so should fit what you need.

Dropbox Link to fullsize png : https://www.dropbox.com/s/mqkq099em4slq47/sfii.png
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 06:11:43 pm by JDFan »

Blueic5

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2014, 04:49:49 am »
nice one what program do you use to re size it and whats the best method btw out of curiosity?  Also whats the best method to print these things on a standard inkjet printer?