Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Battle Gear 4 on TaitoX Loader by Romhack V.8.5 (Update:Hidden tracks enabled)  (Read 132009 times)

Boomslang

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 08:20:43 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
sorry I never bothered uploading the files I made

---link removed by Badmouth---

800x600
1360x768
1920x1050

rename to game.exe

as for changing resolutions not too difficult, I just did it in hex editor
compare two of these in hex editor and you will see where to make the change, then find out the hex numbers of whatever you want. 1920x1080 would crash for me so best I could get was 1920x1050. Menus don't change resolution however but in race it does
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 07:06:49 am by BadMouth »

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 08:10:48 pm
Sorry man, but linking to an actual taito type x game.exe is no different than linking to roms or pirated pc games.
It violates the forum rules.

Perhaps you could do a screen grab of the hex editor to show where to make the modification.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
If you can give me the hex locations I can release my MKKE.exe patcher with a script for the game. 

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
Sorry man, but linking to an actual taito type x game.exe is no different than linking to roms or pirated pc games.
It violates the forum rules.

Perhaps you could do a screen grab of the hex editor to show where to make the modification.

ah I'm sorry I didn't even think about it.
Ok ill send you a pm Howard

d123456

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2018, 09:45:24 pm
Big BG4 fan here. I have a pc set up for this game only. Wondering how much extra cpu power is needed to run in HD resolution.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 02:37:13 pm by BadMouth »

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
Big BG4 fan here. I have a pc set up for this game only. Wondering how much extra cpu power is needed to run in HD resolution.

Requesting roms or pirated PC games is also against forum rules....

Asking for the locations for the hex editor is fine.  Asking for a download link is not.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 02:41:25 pm by BadMouth »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
I'll release a tool sometime late tonight and it'll let you set your own resolution.  It'll be a kludge, but a legal one and it'll get the job done. 

d123456

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2018, 09:45:24 pm
That would be increbu! Do you take donations?

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
Don't sweat it, if it's something easy I'm glad to do it. 

Sorry guys but I've been super busy getting ready for the holidays.  I'll get it fixed up before the week is out. 

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 10, 2023, 04:01:16 am
  • Id 10 and t error
Don't sweat it, if it's something easy I'm glad to do it. 

Sorry guys but I've been super busy getting ready for the holidays.  I'll get it fixed up before the week is out.

Hi Howard,  was there anymore movement on this patcher?
Thanks in advance

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Id 10 and t error
Hi all,

Thanks to all the information in this thread I finally got around to setting this up in twin link mode. I used the IP addresses that Boomslang recommended and initially it was buggy with the connection dropping, I found if I disabled my wifi connection pre booting the game then it runs flawless. Now I just need to find out how to adjust the screen res and get the aspect ratio right for my 27 inch 16:10 screens.

Here is a few pics:

Upgraded the seats to real reclineable buckets, installed Logitech DFGT wheels and pedal and real 280mm drift steering wheels. Will post more info on my refresh in another thread.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
No, sorry.  I have way too many projects and way too little time atm.  I occasionally get to fiddle with consoles because they don't take up much time, but right now I'm in a holding pattern until I can dedicate some time and energy into finishing my racing rig. 

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Id 10 and t error
No, sorry.  I have way too many projects and way too little time atm.  I occasionally get to fiddle with consoles because they don't take up much time, but right now I'm in a holding pattern until I can dedicate some time and energy into finishing my racing rig.

no drama, thanks

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Id 10 and t error
I had a play around with 'game loader all RH.exe' and settled on having it 4:3 aspect ratio in hi res 1600x1200, when it was 16:10 the cars looked a bit squashed and there doesn't seem to be true widescreen support in the rom as you don't actually gain any extra screen, just stretch :( Maybe we will see that with BG4T Pro.

We had been playing this non stop in link mode for 2 hours yesterday and it ran 100% so I am very happy.

For those who don't think this game is that good, I can tell you that was my initial impression but once we figured out how to drift, use manual gear changes and got the controls running right, it a completely different experience. I rate this over many arcade racers now including the Initial D series.

Thanks
Gene

terminator2k2

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 08, 2024, 05:46:40 pm
hi there, anyone know the hex locations to change the resolution?

thanks

chris

MTPPC

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 26, 2021, 02:25:46 pm
Going to try this out today. I hope it works on my P4-3.2.
Pinball and Video Arcade Repair in Billings, MT USA
http://pinballmd.com/

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 07:22:01 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
I'd be interested to know if it does, Street Fighter IV (the TTX version) ran in slow motion when I tried it out on my old Pentium 4 many years ago.

MTPPC

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 26, 2021, 02:25:46 pm
I failed to make it start and I gave up too easy. I'm waiting to have another build going for this software. My next will have a lot more horsepower.
Pinball and Video Arcade Repair in Billings, MT USA
http://pinballmd.com/

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
anyone got this working on windows 10?

Used to work fine on windows 7 but I can't get it going since going to 10

ronnbizzy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2017, 09:44:29 pm
I've got it working on Windows 10, only problem is, I can't seem to get my Logitech Driving Force GT to work. The pedals and steering aren't getting mapped, it's recognised on Logitech Profiler, but when i try to configure it on ttx_config2.0 it doesn't pick up the pedals or the steering wheel.

Do you have the correct dinput8.dll file in the same folder as game4.exe?

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
Do you have the config files that are earlier in this thread?

I tried putting directinput.dll on my hdd but it still didn't work. Dunno if I have the correct dll

ronnbizzy

• Offline Offline
Do you have the config files that are earlier in this thread?

I tried putting directinput.dll on my hdd but it still didn't work. Dunno if I have the correct dll

I believe i do have the correct config.bin, check your inbox, pm'd you.

How about the .dll files? i originally had to add those into the same folder too.

send a screenshot of what's in your folder.

ronnbizzy

• Offline Offline
*bump*

Still can't map pedals/steering wheel for Logitech Driving Force GT.

What I've tried so far:
- Checked combined pedals
- Deleted config.bin/re-added the Pre-Config files
- Tested the pedals and steering are detected in Control Panel > Devices and Printers > Logitech Driving Force GT

I open up ttx_config2.0 and i can map the buttons that assigned using Logitech Profiler, but the sifter, steering wheel and pedals don't get detected.

I can't see the pre-configured setting for 2 pedal steering wheel in https://mega.co.nz/#!1NVWjDga!NnhetnWlFmilpvimaausGlsu1i7wRq0bUT8U2kUXYf4 which SegaOutrun provided?

There's something i must be doing wrong, sorry if it's obvious, but any help will be much appreciated.

thanks,

ronnbizzy

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
Do you have any other controllers plugged in?  It might only accept the first one.

ronnbizzy

• Offline Offline
I tried an xbox controller, but that's not plugged in anymore.

In Logitech Profiler I mapped accel and brake as button, in the config, this was picked up, but in game it wouldn't work.

I'm running the game on Windows 10.

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 19, 2021, 11:13:43 am
I tried an xbox controller, but that's not plugged in anymore.

In Logitech Profiler I mapped accel and brake as button, in the config, this was picked up, but in game it wouldn't work.

I'm running the game on Windows 10.

Did the Xbox controller work?

ronnbizzy

• Offline Offline
I actually tried using an xbox one controller, but no it didn't. I didn't put much effort into testing that though.

My main goal is to get the DFGT working 100%.

ronnbizzy

• Offline Offline
Forgot to say that i managed to get this working on Windows 7 with my DFGT, It's great! It feels like I'm saving myself $2 (aud) every time i play haha.

For some reason when i put in the config.bin for the extra stages, my accel is automatically turned on in races? As in it's like it's already being pressed down, but i'm not touching it. Also i need to get my shifter working on my DFGT, but i guess that's just creating a profile on Logitech Profiler?

Thanks for the help guys, had to read over this forum so many times, next i'm going to set up another machine so I can go head to head with a friend.

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
Still looking for a resolution fix for this. Having compared the exe's I've found in a hex file editor, I get the only differences as the numbers below, but I have no idea how to decode them. I also forgot to note the address, but I can find that easily enough if needed. I'm trying to get a 640x480 resolution to use fullscreen, if anyone can help.

I presume I could use any solution at the same memory address in the most recent exe that works with the track-unlock update?

800x600
20 03 00 00 C7 86 D4 04 00 00 58 02

1024x768
00 04 00 00 C7 86 D4 04 00 00 00 03

1152x864
80 04 00 00 C7 86 D4 04 00 00 60 03

1280x960
00 05 00 00 C7 86 D4 04 00 00 C0 03

1400x1050
78 05 00 00 C7 86 D4 04 00 00 1A 04

1600x1200
40 06 00 00 C7 86 D4 04 00 00 B0 04

640x480
????? - can anyone help?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 06:09:45 pm by buttersoft »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
Run Calc.exe in windows.  Set the view to programmer.  Now type in 1600.  You'll see that the hex for 1600 is 640. It's a standard that most variables (except floats) take up four bytes, so spacing it out it would be 00 00 06 40, but we have to remember our endianness.  For the pc we reverse it to 40 06 00 00, which is exactly what you have there for the 1600 hex values.  The "C7 86" is just some bytes in between and can be ignored (just use those values in any resolution).

So 640 in hex is 280 and 480 is 1E0.  So your value is :

80 02 00 00 C7 86 E0 01 00 00 03

Congratulations, I just taught you how to hack exes as most values are stored in hex in this manner. 

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
Marry me!

EDIT: Oh, and it should have read (at address 001F4C83 in each .exe, so far as i can tell)

80 02 00 00 C7 86 D4 04 00 00 E0 01

for 280x1E0 in hex, or 640x480 in decimal. Even 4k will only use those two bytes, if it even works. Something like flexhex will work fine to edit the files, if anyone else was looking.

No way could i have done that without the help though Howard, much appreciated :)

EDIT: Damn, it doesn't work properly. The window opens in 640x480, but while the first few screens are ok, the main the game is rendering at 800x600 (the exe i modified) so it's larger than the window and some gets cut off :/
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 04:44:12 am by buttersoft »

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
Actually, it's not just cutting the image off, it's displacing it upwards too :(

I suspect this isn't going to be an easy fix?

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
It might not be fixable.  If the game was meant to run at 800x600 there isn't much you can do. 

Btw it's still a 4 byte variable.  It's probably an integer or similar type.  Just because those extra two bytes aren't used doesn't mean they aren't allocated. 

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
No the bytes are there, they just trail that segement i listed. So obvsiously they're part of the variable, they just don't need to be changed and thus weren't part of the difference-string.

Thanks again for the help. Shame it didn't work out. I did learn a little something though :)

krs73

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 25, 2017, 10:06:29 am
Hello there, i'm having problems launching the game. I launched the game on a Laptop with Windows 7, there i could play with a XBOX 360 Controller, but the Laptop was to weak to run Battle Gear 3 Tuned (gave me only 25 fps). So i put the files on a gaming Laptop and extracted the same files etc.. The Laptop has Windows 10 on it, i can Launch the game, but whenever i connect a XBoX 360 Controller (Wired USB), the game4.exe won't start. i downloaded a dinput8.dll and put it in the same Folder as the exe, but it didn't help. i also put a USB Stick in the Laptop and gave it the drive Letter E:, but didn't help either. Anyone has a clue or can help? if it won't work i will try to install Windows 7, but that would be quite some work for just one game. best regards krs 73

krs73

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 25, 2017, 10:06:29 am
Hello, me again. I got it to work, at least mostly. i had to use a older (but not the oldest) dinput8.dll and i had to plug in a USB Drive with Driveletter E:.

I have the files from this arcadecontrols. my Problem now is that, if i use the files for xbox 360 pad i have no Sound, if i use the files from Romhack (bg4_7.zip) than i have Sound but the preconfigured button mapping is lost. How do i Combine this, any help?

retrogamer123

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2021, 04:06:23 am
I was googling around a bit and found a link where one guy directly connects some kind of jvs io board over serial to the computer
for typex games.
http://imgur.com/a/grdqU
Just out of curiosity...
since Force feedback is not working for battle gear 4, what do you guys think, would it be possible to directly connect some kind of taito driving io board to interface with battlegear directly?

codyrock2001

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2017, 01:45:10 pm
Did anyone ever get a Xbox 360 controller working with this game?  I'm running Windows 10 and have successfully had he game running great.  I still can not bind the 360 controls so does this leave it at keyboard only?  Or binding 360 controller to keyboard strokes?  I have the working version of dinput.  Any input?

retrogamer123

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2021, 04:06:23 am
@boomslang
Did you change multiple occurrences of 800x600 in the game.exe ?
Because doing only buttersofts change via hex gives me a completely destroyed and deplaced menu :/
While the game itself is rendered in my target resolution (1360x768) the rendered content is stretched and not true 16:9
Any help that would point me in the right direction is appreciated :)

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
No unfortunately the menus do get screwed up