Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Battle Gear 4 on TaitoX Loader by Romhack V.8.5 (Update:Hidden tracks enabled)  (Read 132055 times)

SegaOutrun

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2019, 03:02:05 am
  • Brakes are overrated
UPDATE: A fourth version of the loader has been released.

This includes the ability to use Manual Transmission. It also fixes Automatic transmission with auto braking. (all three trans are now playable)

The AI cars are now working properly. During the level select screen, hit the hazzard button to increase the AI computer level (1-10)

The drift track now record your score. Yay!

A missing overlay of the turns and apex line is now visible.

Note: THIS VERSION 4, DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY CHANGES TO THE CONTROLS. Romhack said he is still working on new version that will handle analog controls betters by accounting for sensitivity and speed.

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated
UPDATE: A FIFTH version of the loader has been released.

ACCEL and BRAKE can be mapped to buttons as well now. The game now fully works with my Logitech Momo wheel (Steering is X axis, accel is mapped to Y axis -1000 and brake is mapped to rZ axis -1000)
 :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

all thats left is bgm and this is 100% playable.

Jitterdoomer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 26, 2023, 06:37:11 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
    • Personal Twitter Page
UPDATE: A FIFTH version of the loader has been released.

ACCEL and BRAKE can be mapped to buttons as well now. The game now fully works with my Logitech Momo wheel (Steering is X axis, accel is mapped to Y axis -1000 and brake is mapped to rZ axis -1000)
 :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

all thats left is bgm and this is 100% playable.

What about the announcer's voice? It's been missing like the BGM.
For amusement only.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 05:29:33 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Still doesn't work for me.  The configuration exe is still waaaaaaaaay too sensitive... it tries to map everything to the x axis due to some slight jitter found in all gamepads.  Also it seems to check 1 axis at a time and goes with the first one, making it next to impossible to map anything to the y axis, because it sees the difference in X first. 

If I unplug my gamepad, I can map some stuff to the keyboard and it saves those.... but if I plug it back in and run the config again to finish up, it doesn't save my analog settings. 

Seriously, this is why I don't make config exes from most of my stuff... a text-based ini file is just easier for all parties involved. 

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated
a version 6 has been release an has fixed some of the bugs in version 5.

howard, this is what i had to do get it work 100% with my logitech MOMO wheel.

first open devices control panel on your computer and right click on your wheel opening your properties. in advance setting you should have the option to combine your pedal. hit apply but leave the setting page open.

open ttx_config and map your buttons, with your steering wheel dead center (if it not dead center, you button will default to X axis) and the pedal combined, you should be able to map your buttons without the analog defaulting.

next config analog 3, have your steering wheel turn completely before you hit config. it should map X axis -/+1000 (doesnt matter if plus or minus)

next go back to the device setting (without closing ttx_config) and uncheck combine pedals and hit apply. Now step on the gas and then hit config analog 1. It should read Y axis -1000.

next to map the brake button (the hard one), you have to hold your gas pedal exactly at 50% (use the device properly as guide, it should have a reading of pedals) and step on the brake 100%. if you did it right, Analog 2 should read rZ Axis -1000. (if it says Y or X axis, you did wrong, try it again)

once you get X, Y and rZ axis, open game4.exe and run the configuration on the screen.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 11:39:02 pm by SegaOutrun »

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated

What about the announcer's voice? It's been missing like the BGM.

I dont know, i dont get bgm music so I dont know if its missing as well. Romhack said he is working on a wrapper to get BGM music working on 2.1 audio. hopefully that will include the announcer

UPDATE: romhack says his wrapper is working(not released yet) and BGM, Announcer and other effect are now listenable.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 02:31:25 am by SegaOutrun »

twistedsymphony

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 03, 2024, 11:13:51 pm
  • Play stupid games... win stupid prizes.
    • solid-orange.com
    • CollectorsEdition.org
is this game low resolution (640x480) friendly for use on an a CRT setup?

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 08:20:43 pm
I can't even run the game. Whenever I try with game4.exe it just brings up a white screen and doesn't do anything

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated
I can't even run the game. Whenever I try with game4.exe it just brings up a white screen and doesn't do anything

do have 5.1 audio? if so, you need to change it to 2.1. You may also be missing some dlls. you can get the dll here http://www.4shared.com/rar/0SGWP_iWba/DLL.html and place them in the exe folder or you can install Microsoft Visual 2013 from microsoft directly.

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
nope only got 2.1 and ive already put those dll in the folder and also installed virtual studio.

Ive also got the correct version

:banghead:

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Online Online
    • The Dragon King
Well don't feel bad... I still can't configure the controls... being able to watch the attract and not play the game is worse imho.  ;)

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated
This is my configuration file.  They should work for any logitech wheel (I confirmed that this worked when I copied these files from my computer with a momo wheel to my arcade computer with a driving force gt wheel and the game play without needing to be configured on my arcade pc and drifferent wheel)

Logitech config files(may work with other wheels, no promises). you still need the hacked exe and dump to make this work. I will provide neither. Make to delete the config.bin from directory if you have one and then just follow the instructions on the screen.

https://mega.co.nz/#!gQ1TlArb!DWUeFSmC0ExDMQnOulUG0lw7CXEXivlvIDBnvx8AV3s

NOTE TO THE MODS: This does NOT contain the modified exe file or any other copyright material. Only a preconfigured TTX_Config.

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 10, 2023, 04:01:16 am
  • Id 10 and t error

I just got mine working after many painful attempts. My file structure is as follows:

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated
even tho i dont play it with my xbox control, I went ahead and made xbox config for you guys.

UPDATE: Sleep be damned. I finally achieved the correct analog setup!

i made 3 versions

Dual Analog Version = Analog stick 1 is Steering, Analog stick 2(right side) is Accel(its a little sensitive).  L and R pad(they both do the same) are brakes. select=coin, start= start, A= turbo, B = view, Y= handbrake, X= hazzards, LB and RB are shift up and down.

A as Accel version = Analog stick 1 steering and A button is Accel (much more natural feel). Every other button is the same as version 1 except X now equals both hazzards and turbo (i ran out of buttons)

Z trigger as Accel=  Analog stick 1 steering and Z triggers(either one) is Accel and A button is brake. very other button is the same as version 1 except X now equals both hazzards and turbo (i ran out of buttons)

incase you wondering why I dont do L trigger brake  and R trigger accel is because they are the same axis.

Note: the steering wheel does not work in the menus, use shiftup/down to navigate

How did i do this? to get the analogs on the xbox, i had to lightly(and i mean lightly) tap the right analog stick till it was at dead zero. then for the buttons, i had to unplug the xbox controller, save the config, plug in my momo wheel, set it to combined pedals, make the wheel dead center, then do trial and error to match my steering wheel buttons to the xbox buttons (as in B0 on my wheel = B2 on the xbox and so and so)

in theory, this should work if you have an official xbox 360 controller(I was using a wireless receiver but, a wired one should work too). make sure to delete config.bin from your directory if you have one and follow the instruction on the screens. NOTE: to get rid of the chime sound when you shift up, go to test mode (keyboard button P) use shiftup/down to navigate and start to make selection go to network settings and turn off nesys. save and exit. the game will close completely. reopen the game and that annoying sound when shift up will be gone.

updated version: https://mega.co.nz/#!pc8n2YSa!inZX5OXyULIxa9dgmOY7lBgWtvM8TBvAniW5-s8iTqc

Im sorry in advance if it doesnt work and I get your hopes up.

NOTE TO THE MODS: Once again, this only contains the config files for the TTX_monitor, NO Hacked exe or copyright material is included.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 02:35:04 pm by SegaOutrun »

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
I just don't know what's wrong. I have the correct dump. I have the latest loader. I have installed all the visual studios from 2008 to 2013. I have tried the DLL's supplied. I have tried on 3 separate PC's. Windows 7 64bit and Windows 7 32bit and they have audio set to stereo and when I try to load game4.exe it just loads up a white screen on and does not respond. Config does seem to work

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Id 10 and t error
I just don't know what's wrong. I have the correct dump. I have the latest loader. I have installed all the visual studios from 2008 to 2013. I have tried the DLL's supplied. I have tried on 3 separate PC's. Windows 7 64bit and Windows 7 32bit and they have audio set to stereo and when I try to load game4.exe it just loads up a white screen on and does not respond. Config does seem to work

Have you placed the dlls in the game folder not in your system folder? I am running win 7 32 bit with stereo. Prior to installing the dlls that segaoutrun posted I was getting the same white screen as you are.

maybe try updating your dotnet and java and vbasic runtime files. Also latest windows updates etc as that's the state my PC is in right now.

Good luck

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
yep ive tried all that and still no go!

Frustrating

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Id 10 and t error
yep ive tried all that and still no go!

Frustrating

Did you download the 2.1Gb version or the 5Gb version as both were posted on --no no land--. I found the 5Gb version wont work regardless. Its the 3 file, 2.1Gb version you need, then add the dlls and the exe and away you go. Make sure you rename game4.exe to game.exe and then run the ttxconfig and click play rather than loading the game.exe

I cant think of anything else other installing a fresh copy of XP and trying that

*edited by badmouth to remove name of rom hosting site, sorry dems the rules.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 09:12:24 am by BadMouth »

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Id 10 and t error
Considering these games are PC platform and only need security hacks to make them playable, I would expect the networking side to be reasonably simple to get working, yes/no?

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
yep ive downloaded both versions but im trying to run the 2.1gb one and yes ive tried everything on 2 different pcs with 2 different setups.

Stupid Game!! It's Defeating Me

Brian74

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2024, 01:55:58 pm
  • Yep... I built that!!
I gotta find the loader..

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated
anyone try to configured xbox files? do they work for other people?

update: looks like someone on another forum chimed in that it did work for them so heres a 3rd version. This include the 2 previous xbox configs and this new one. scroll up to get full instructions on how to use this

Z trigger as Accel=  Analog stick 1 steering and Z triggers(either one) is Accel and A button is brake. very other button is the same as version 1 except X now equals both hazzards and turbo (i ran out of buttons)

incase you wondering why I dont do L trigger brake  and R trigger accel is because they are the same axis.

https://mega.co.nz/#!pc8n2YSa!inZX5OXyULIxa9dgmOY7lBgWtvM8TBvAniW5-s8iTqc

Same disclaimer: this does not include the hacked exe or any copyright material.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 02:38:13 pm by SegaOutrun »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Online Online
    • The Dragon King
Thanks man.  I finally got to play it.  I'm sad to say it isn't all that..... BUT that isn't your fault so I appreciate it anyway. 

I will say this... I had to delete the config.bin you included.  Even though I was using a stock 360 controller, it wouldn't seem to register the accel pedal until I made my own. 

Those Japs are crazy... making a game where you race as a ford focus or a mini cooper.  Let me go pull grandma's old Taurus out of the driveway so I can enter it.  ;)

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
Well don't feel bad... I still can't configure the controls... being able to watch the attract and not play the game is worse imho.  ;)

not really. I can't config controls either it's doing the same stuff as yours. So I can't config controls OR even load the damn game. Ive tried wired xbox 360 controller and also wireless with the pc adapter and both do same crap. Regardless ive spent over 12 hours trying to get this game to work and it just won't for me on 3 separate PC's.

Jitterdoomer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 26, 2023, 06:37:11 am
    • Personal Twitter Page

Those Japs are crazy... making a game where you race as a ford focus or a mini cooper.  Let me go pull grandma's old Taurus out of the driveway so I can enter it.  ;)

Probably because the developers wanted to beat Gran Turismo games in terms of quality over quantity for licensed vehicles.
For amusement only.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Online Online
    • The Dragon King
Well I guess, but they aren't race cars.  I'm not a car snob or anything... I'm actually a fan of the Prius, and some of the cars in this game for daily driving, but if you are making a racing game you really only have three choices.... crazy fast n' furious style rice burners, exotic sports cars that none of us can afford, or good old American muscle. 

They got the ford license, but no mustang... just the focus.  Similar selections are made for every brand.  Gm, Ferrari and Lamborghini aren't even represented.   I guess it's a thing in Japan to over tune crappy soccer mom cars?

Cars aside though, the game is kind of dull.  I mean I'll give it another go when I get the chance, but I tried the first race with the focus..... Passed all the other cards within the first 10 seconds of the race... never hit anything, never had to brake or drift or anything... and that was pretty much it.  The track was clean to the point of where it seemed fake... no crowds or background animations or anything like that and the laps were waaaay too long considering nothing ever happened and the cars never caught back up.  When I was done it didn't progress me to the next track or anything... I just got a game over screen.  I've got a feeling that the cab might have had a really good wheel and/or motion sim rig and that was the draw, because otherwise I just can't see it. 

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
YUSSSSS!!!!! I GOT IT GOING!

I went back through. Deleted everything in folder except data folder, downloaded all the updates released and put across the 3rd update (which seems to be only one which includes the loader.exe). It had no dll files added at all. Loaded and it worked! Now copied over game4.exe and the xbox input file only and it all works great now! something must be wrong with the loader.exe I was getting from others

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
well that was short lived. Loaded it up about 5 times and now it wont load at all again. Tried re-doing all my steps again and still no go  :soapbox: :hissy: :hissy: :hissy:

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Id 10 and t error
Well I guess, but they aren't race cars.  I'm not a car snob or anything... I'm actually a fan of the Prius, and some of the cars in this game for daily driving, but if you are making a racing game you really only have three choices.... crazy fast n' furious style rice burners, exotic sports cars that none of us can afford, or good old American muscle. 

They got the ford license, but no mustang... just the focus.  Similar selections are made for every brand.  Gm, Ferrari and Lamborghini aren't even represented.   I guess it's a thing in Japan to over tune crappy soccer mom cars?

Cars aside though, the game is kind of dull.  I mean I'll give it another go when I get the chance, but I tried the first race with the focus..... Passed all the other cards within the first 10 seconds of the race... never hit anything, never had to brake or drift or anything... and that was pretty much it.  The track was clean to the point of where it seemed fake... no crowds or background animations or anything like that and the laps were waaaay too long considering nothing ever happened and the cars never caught back up.  When I was done it didn't progress me to the next track or anything... I just got a game over screen.  I've got a feeling that the cab might have had a really good wheel and/or motion sim rig and that was the draw, because otherwise I just can't see it.

I am happy, its got the NSX-R, that's all I need  ;)

twistedsymphony

• Offline Offline
    • solid-orange.com
    • CollectorsEdition.org

I guess you aren't familiar with the whole "hot hatch" segment of cars and their accompanying automotive enthusiasts.

There's a whole sub-set of performance cars that place handling performance above power output. These are the cars that dominate in racing events like Auto-X... These cars generally aren't represented well in the US because most Americans think "small car = cheap car" or "small car = fuel efficient car"  and the high performance hatches are neither cheap nor fuel efficient so the manufacturers don't bother selling them here.

The thing is most of these cars are supped up versions of cheap, slow grocery getters. For instance the Subaru Impreza WRX STi is a $30-$40K performance car and the basis for several real race cars. it's also essentially a trim level of the Base Model Impreza which has 1/3rd the horsepower and 1/2 the price. Even the Ford Focus has a High Performance Turbo Charged Variant, which has been available in Europe and Japan for years but only just recently sold in the US.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Online Online
    • The Dragon King
I'm sort of familiar with it, but I wasn't aware they started out with cars this crappy. 

I've always been taught that if you are going to build something, start with a good base.  A Ford Focus is NOT a good base. 

But you know, to each his own.  My point is, if you are going to make an arcade game, your imagination is the limit.  Why put a bunch of cruddy compacts with no style in a game?  Heck even Crusin USA had the right idea... they'll all go the same speed anyway so why not throw a hummer or an old 40's chevy or what have you in there.  They look cool at least. 

I guess you can tell I'm not a hardcore sim fan huh?  ;)

twistedsymphony

• Offline Offline
    • solid-orange.com
    • CollectorsEdition.org
I'm sort of familiar with it, but I wasn't aware they started out with cars this crappy. 

I've always been taught that if you are going to build something, start with a good base.  A Ford Focus is NOT a good base. 

I disagree, I'd personally rather own and build a Ford Focus than a Mustang. depending on the generation I think they look cooler too.

These cars as such good bases that they're ACTUALLY used as the the starting point for race cars. The Ford rally team takes a production Focus, strips it and then rebuilds it for the track, you can't even say that about most sports cars. Even in NASCAR cars "based" on the the "Fusion" or "Camry" are only based on them dimensionally... those rally teams are starting their build with an actual production car.  and it's taking serious abuse plowing down dirt roads at 150MPH and getting air on every rise etc.

The biggest benefit to these cars is their light weight. You can add HP to a car and it makes go faster in a straight line... if you remove weight from a car it make it go faster in a straight line but it also makes it brake better and it makes it turn better... Do both and you've got a monster. In Rally they're required to start with a homologated production car... there's a reason teams start with cars like the Focus or Impreza.

This year teams are using these for bases:
Hyundai Accent
Ford Fiesta (becuase the Focus is now too bulky)
Volkswagon Polo (smaller version of the Golf only sold in Europe)
Citroen C4 (another non-US small hatch)

If you want to build the ultimate performance car you need to start with a base that is light weight and rugged... The fact of the matter the companies that build these cars does so KNOWING that they're going to be the basis for race cars, so the public gets the benefit of a rugged, well designed and performance oriented base chassis. Enthusiasts see this as a great opportunity to buy a phenomenal starting platform for a low price.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 08:58:00 am by twistedsymphony »

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 08:10:48 pm
I watched some kind of autocross/gymkhana thing the other day.  The driver was sponsored by Hyundai and kept talking about how awesome his Hyudai was and how it was just like the one you can buy except for having all wheel drive, a racing motor, and performance suspension added.   :lol

twistedsymphony

• Offline Offline
    • solid-orange.com
    • CollectorsEdition.org
I watched some kind of autocross/gymkhana thing the other day.  The driver was sponsored by Hyundai and kept talking about how awesome his Hyudai was and how it was just like the one you can buy except for having all wheel drive, a racing motor, and performance suspension added.   :lol

for sure a lot them only end up using the base chassis and nothing else, but the Ford and Subaru cars have a lot more in common between the race cars and the production models such that there are stories of team needing parts, and pulling a replacement off of a street car in the parking lot.

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 08:10:48 pm

for sure a lot them only end up using the base chassis and nothing else, but the Ford and Subaru cars have a lot more in common between the race cars and the production models such that there are stories of team needing parts, and pulling a replacement off of a street car in the parking lot.

Yeah, I've seen people put Subaru engines in other cars just to save weight.

The Hyundai thing cracked me up because he was trying to sell the idea to kids watching that they could buy a car just like the one he races
.....but pretty much only the body is the same.

twistedsymphony

• Offline Offline
    • solid-orange.com
    • CollectorsEdition.org
I really wish they required the teams to use the original engine block, heads, as well as the original diff and transmission cases. Some teams do this already but others (like Hyndai obviously) don't. Having this rule would prevent them making a FWD production car into an AWD race car and at force them to use a similar displacement/configuration motor to what was originally equipped in the car.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Online Online
    • The Dragon King
Yeah sorry, but if all you keep is the frame then it isn't the same car.  Also the focus is ugly as all get out, as is every single car in ford's line... except the mustang.  Ditto for chevy btw... except for the Camaro.  Heh... and dodge except for the charger for that matter.  They stopped making good looking cars in the late 70's early 80's.  American muscle or GTFH

Nascar is also stupid because of this.  They call it "stock car racing" and back in the day it certainly was.... but now it's a built from the ground up racing car with a fiberglass shell slapped on top shaped to resemble the car that sponsors their team.  How exactly is that "stock" ?

twistedsymphony

• Offline Offline
    • solid-orange.com
    • CollectorsEdition.org
Yeah sorry, but if all you keep is the frame then it isn't the same car.

Not saying it's the same car, saying it's a solid, race proven "BASE" from which to build from as an explanation as to why someone would want to race around a Ford Focus in a video game; or in real life for that matter.... that is the point of the whole discussion.

Personally I only own cars that meet 3 criteria
1. NOT Front wheel drive
2. Weighs under 3000 lbs
3. Stick Shift (though I have bent this rule on occasion if I can't find a suitable car in stick :( they're hard to find these days)

criteria #1 knocks out 80% of the cars on the market
criteria #2 knocks out about 99% of what's left  :lol

Hunk_4TH

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 06:55:10 pm
  • I DON'T ALLOW VANDALISM IN MY STOOOOOOOOOOORE!
I know this is off topic regarding the sound issues above. But does anyone have a config file or something for the 360 controller? I tried the config program but none of my buttons do anything. Keyboard keys work however,

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Online Online
    • The Dragon King
Delete config.bin and when you run the game it'll ask you to calibrate.  That should do it.