Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Battle Gear 4 on TaitoX Loader by Romhack V.8.5 (Update:Hidden tracks enabled)  (Read 132033 times)

retrogamer123

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2021, 04:06:23 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
@Boomslang Thx for the answer

Got it running on two pcs now with windows 8.1 and driving wheels
Sadly networking is impossible for me.
What I've tried so far:

- Direct connection between two pcs, connection in normal lan with running inet and all
- The Ips Boomslang posted
- 192.168.0.1 , 192.168.0.2 for the two PCS
- Enabling NESYS, Disabling NESYS
- Running the Game as Administrator
- Disabling IPV6

No other network adapters are running beside my primary one.
Simply no chance.
The machines find each other, creating and joining the game always works. But after a period about 20-30 secs ingame a major desync occurs. The car from one player gets stuck on the road on a certain position. It seems for player 1 player 2 gets stuck and vice versa O.o
This is one of my absolute favorite games. So If anyone has any tips of how to get this working reliably I'd be really thankful

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 08:20:43 pm
Not sure why you would be getting those desync. I just re-installed this all on 2 of my pcs and tested network and it seemed fine. I have a 1 gigabit network switch so perhaps you need it on that??

Anyway, I just wanted to say that the Jconfig files that shaolindrunkard posted awhile ago, also has the files for Battle Gear 4 analog

Jconfig sucks hard unfortunately but i managed to get it working eventually across 2 of my pcs.

It's a shame we dont have a force feedback expert around as these arcade games are really missing that once we get them at home  :(
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 05:00:26 pm by PL1 »

mickael28

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 01, 2020, 07:56:15 am
Hi guys, I'm using the JConfig files in the BattleGear4.rar archive which was released for this game, but my steering is not recognised in game (all other buttons are fine).

In fact, even JConfig doesn't have an entry for Handle, shouldn't it be there? or any idea how to configure the steering?

mickael28

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 01, 2020, 07:56:15 am
any idea how to configure the steering?

Just realised that left and right option meant X-axis. That made it work with the windowed game, however it seems this config is now not compatible with the executable that supports Full HD and for whatever reason I cannot launch the original exe in full screen, or I'll get a flashing/flickering white screen.

Tricky to make some of these games work... although having a go in a small window at least is better than nothing.

Moksi

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 18, 2024, 09:10:04 am
Im having some trouble with keys
i can launch the game it runs but it isnt reacting to key input

i opened jconfig and see that it sees the Logitecg G27 wheel but key input automatically goes JOy1 Axis +Y 1000

i tried TTconfigX first i setup accell & brake after that it automacally inputs JOy1 Axis +Y 1000 with every key i want to config

Maybe someone has an logitech key config i can use ?

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
Yeah its a real pain in the ass

Basically hold brake and accl half way on each and spam ya key/button

Eventually it will get picked up

Moksi

• Offline Offline
THe method worked with Jconfig, i mapped all keys but in the game its not reacting to the any key input

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
What's the any key input?

Moksi

• Offline Offline
i fixed it it appears i needed to check Delay & Create Thread for Joysticks the controls work

I m testing TeknoP the controls arent working for me there , while  i mapped the keys in the settings

ysaquerai

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 23, 2018, 01:16:48 am
does anyone have a pre made config for Logitech G27 for Battle Gear 4? i tried everything on remapping thru ttx_config2.0.exe but my wheel doesn't cooperate, i tried holding down the clucth, gas + accel halfway, i just can't for the life of me get it to input correctly, help :(

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
A new dump of battle gear 4 was recently released online which is the export version 2.03 but doesn't work for me, crashes after a TX Surround screen and apparently it happens for certain gpu's etc

However, the old japanese version we have had for years was version 2.07 anyway so was more updated. If you copy the contents inside "for_europe" folder which contains a "2d" and "Scene" folders across to the "data" folder of old japanese dump and overwrite the files then you will now have english menu's etc inside japanese version

umisery

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 04, 2019, 07:55:25 pm
Would someone be able to re-upload the things mentioned in the first post? Trying to get the game working.

defre19766

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2020, 03:46:47 pm
hello ,

Battle gear 4 works .

Is there a way to let the game works in on 5.1 setting ??

My sound setting is always on 5.1 and don't want to change always when i play this game .

thx