Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Battle Gear 4 on TaitoX Loader by Romhack V.8.5 (Update:Hidden tracks enabled)  (Read 132005 times)

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 08:10:48 pm
E: could be either the original save location or the usb dongle location.
It would be the next letter in line after the hard drive and optical drive.

When Taito type x was originally hacked, the games needed a writeable D: location for nvram.

vandale

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 10, 2023, 04:01:16 am
  • Id 10 and t error
That makes a lot of sense actually.  Type x games generally have a dedicated partition for save data.  Even if the exe/loader was hacked to save elsewhere, there might be a check somewhere that wasn't removed. 

Eh, I'm done with this one for the time being.  I'm just not getting enough fun for the hassle.

2 player link = fun

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 07:22:01 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
2 player link = fun

As in you've managed to get a LAN setup working? Would you mind providing a quick rundown of how you got it working? Cheers in advance  ;D

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Id 10 and t error
2 player link = fun

As in you've managed to get a LAN setup working? Would you mind providing a quick rundown of how you got it working? Cheers in advance  ;D

Sorry no, way out of my league.

Am simply stating this game will be much more fun with multi player as the AI cars are far to easy and robotic.

Cheers

Jitterdoomer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 26, 2023, 06:37:11 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
    • Personal Twitter Page
After I beat Time Attack Mode and I got 1st place and entering initials, I can't scroll to the right or to the left, but with only the shift gears it only selects letters from top to bottom, is there any fix for the Steering Wheel to work on the select screens?
For amusement only.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Yeah, delete all your config files and start all over again.  That's the exact same issue I was talking about. 

Jitterdoomer

• Offline Offline
    • Personal Twitter Page
^ Does it remove the 12 hidden courses? I don't want to start over and race again to unlock those tracks!
For amusement only.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Yup... and you typically have to do it every single time you play the game. 

Jitterdoomer

• Offline Offline
    • Personal Twitter Page
Taito Type X games can allow you to mod data files! Because most Taito Type X games also come with a data folder!  ;D

This was my modded loading screen for the game.

For the 2D textures like mines, you have to save your photo and put it to the carload folder around the 2D file. The name must be the same exact name as those files, make sure you need to back up the original data first before doing this!

For music, you need to convert your mp3 to a WAV file using audacity and make sure it's 16 bit PCM or else it will not work or sometimes, the song will be high pitched. Make sure you put it on the bgm file and rename with an existing file name and make sure you backup the original song before doing this!
For amusement only.

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 18, 2024, 02:38:32 am
  • I'm a llama!
OK 3 questions because I'm out of the loop here and these may be a stupid questions but:

1)Does this open the door for a possible Naomi loader? Particularly Naomi 2? I'd love to be able to play some Naomi 2 racers via a loader like this.

2)Never played BattleGear. Is this like the spiritual successor to Initial D or something?

3)Does this loader/emulator/whatever support force feedback steering or that something that's still being worked on?

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 08:10:48 pm
1)Does this open the door for a possible Naomi loader? Particularly Naomi 2? I'd love to be able to play some Naomi 2 racers via a loader like this.

This game uses a loader because the original arcade machine ran on pretty much a standard Windows PC.
The loader is just bypassing the security and hacking the controls so it will run on any windows PC.

Naomi was custom arcade hardware, so it will require an emulator.
Initial D is already playable in Demul if you have enough horsepower.
Ferrari F355 looks like it will be working in the next release, triple screen support and all.

2)Never played BattleGear. Is this like the spiritual successor to Initial D or something?
eh, it's got "tuner" cars, but that's about it.

3)Does this loader/emulator/whatever support force feedback steering or that something that's still being worked on?

Not sure, as I haven't used it with a wheel yet, but I don't think so.

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2019, 03:02:05 am
  • Brakes are overrated
naomi 2 games are already playable with the demul emulator. u need a strong dx11 card to play them. crazy taxi, initial d 1,2,3, jambo safari, faster than speed, maximum speed. the only ones not working club kart(playable but runs slow/glitchy) and f355(will be working in the next version of demul)

battle gear pre-dates the initial d games but its based off the same source material, japanese mountain racing.

this game was built to run on a custom win xp arcade machine and it was just hacked to make it more compatible with other windows pcs.

the game should have ffb but its not emulated here. ive played with my wheel and didnt not any

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 18, 2024, 02:38:32 am
  • I'm a llama!
OK thanks guys, appreciate it. Keep us posted  :cheers:

8way

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 03, 2017, 05:52:21 am
  • This is my BOOM stick!
Re: Battle Gear 4 on TaitoX Loader by Romhack V.8.5 (Update:Hidden tracks enabled)
« Reply #133 on: September 27, 2014, 10:58:49 am »
I'm I the only one one that can't find a download link for this?

Edit:
Ok I found the game, but were can I get the latest Romhack V.8.5 loader?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 12:34:34 pm by 8way »

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 08:20:43 pm
Re: Battle Gear 4 on TaitoX Loader by Romhack V.8.5 (Update:Hidden tracks enabled)
« Reply #134 on: September 28, 2014, 05:46:33 am »
well I finally worked it out. You NEED to have a 2nd hard drive attached eg. USB HDD and in my case loads E: and the game will work. It crashes without usb hdd attached for me and wont load at all

Now we need some champion to try work out the network side

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #135 on: September 28, 2014, 06:54:16 am »
well I finally worked it out. You NEED to have a 2nd hard drive attached eg. USB HDD and in my case loads E: and the game will work. It crashes without usb hdd attached for me and wont load at all

Now we need some champion to try work out the network side

You're behind the times my friend...

well that was short lived. Loaded it up about 5 times and now it wont load at all again. Tried re-doing all my steps again and still no go  :soapbox: :hissy: :hissy: :hissy:

I was having the same problem on my second PC (works fine on my other one), the game just kept hanging with a 'not responding' message every time I tried to load it up. I'd tried all the dll and other workarounds with no success. Then today, seemingly randomly, the game just suddenly worked. I couldn't understand why it was suddenly working now when I hadn't changed anything.

I realised the only thing different was that at this particular time, I had a memory stick plugged into the PC which was assigned to the E drive. I unplugged the flash drive tried to load the game up again and once again it immediately started to hang. I plugged the flash drive back in again and, voilà, the game started working again. Really bizarre, I don't know why this would make a difference as nothing is being written to the flash drive, but having the flash drive plugged in seems to be the factor that dictates whether the game will load or not.

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #136 on: September 28, 2014, 05:30:35 pm »
Oh sorry! Never saw your post.

8way

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 03, 2017, 05:52:21 am
  • This is my BOOM stick!
« Reply #137 on: September 30, 2014, 07:43:23 am »
I'm I the only one one that can't find a download link for this?

Edit:
Ok I found the game, but were can I get the latest Romhack V.8.5 loader?

I'm still looking for this. can anyone please be kind enough to share the link to it?

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
so I spent about an hour playing with this game finally on my twin cab. Good news is ive got network working fully and can play multiplayer!!  ;D ;D ;D Ive only tried with 2 pcs so far but ive got 4 racing setups going so ill test that later

Bad News is I cannot get the damn controls working correctly, config doesn't work for me on my fanatic gt2 wheels or even if I try Logitech g25 mode I cant set the pedals etc  :angry:

Can anyone help me out getting my controls working correctly?

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Id 10 and t error
so I spent about an hour playing with this game finally on my twin cab. Good news is ive got network working fully and can play multiplayer!!  ;D ;D ;D Ive only tried with 2 pcs so far but ive got 4 racing setups going so ill test that later

Bad News is I cannot get the damn controls working correctly, config doesn't work for me on my fanatic gt2 wheels or even if I try Logitech g25 mode I cant set the pedals etc  :angry:

Controls not sure but heck I want to know how to get the networking sorted, can you post a guide?
Cheers

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
Yeah Boomslang, if you could post a quick 'How to' on getting a LAN setup running that would be brilliant, thanks!  :cheers:

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated

did you try my pre-configured wheel config on page 1? I havent gone back to update the buttons but the wheel and pedals should still work. My cabinet is in peices at the moment otherwise i would make new config files.

I look forward to the network setup info

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
Yeah I tried that but it didn't seem to do anything. Not sure if I used a wheel one though for sure. I'll write a quick guide when I get home from work. It's pretty easy

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
Ive set up a macro to do this all automatically however you need to change your IP address of computers before you load game to

PC#1 192.168.69.251 (goto network settings and turn off nesys and set to Car 1)
PC#2 192.168.69.252 (goto network settings and turn off nesys and set to Car 2)
PC#3 192.168.69.253 (goto network settings and turn off nesys and set to Car 3)
PC#4 192.168.69.254 (goto network settings and turn off nesys and set to Car 4)

then simply load the game at the same time on all 4 pcs (remember firewall)

Ive set up a macro to change ip address on my pc before loading game then when I exit game it reverts my ip back to normal.

I couldn't find a way to change IP of game

I did just have a 3 player race and it didn't go too well to be honest, after about 10 seconds of racing it lost sync or something and player 2 and 3 both were showing they were 1st out of 6 but they couldn't see each other anymore. I haven't played with it much but I wonder if its due to speed of PC's being different or something. It's all on 1gb connection

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
Ive set up a macro to do this all automatically however you need to change your IP address of computers before you load game to

PC#1 192.168.69.251 (goto network settings and turn off nesys and set to Car 1)
PC#2 192.168.69.252 (goto network settings and turn off nesys and set to Car 2)
PC#3 192.168.69.253 (goto network settings and turn off nesys and set to Car 3)
PC#4 192.168.69.254 (goto network settings and turn off nesys and set to Car 4)

then simply load the game at the same time on all 4 pcs (remember firewall)

Ive set up a macro to change ip address on my pc before loading game then when I exit game it reverts my ip back to normal.

I couldn't find a way to change IP of game

I did just have a 3 player race and it didn't go too well to be honest, after about 10 seconds of racing it lost sync or something and player 2 and 3 both were showing they were 1st out of 6 but they couldn't see each other anymore. I haven't played with it much but I wonder if its due to speed of PC's being different or something. It's all on 1gb connection

Thanks for posting this dude.

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
I've played a bit more now and it works pretty well, had some cool races. Alot more fun over network

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated
i finally put this game in my cabinet. =O. my cabinet was dormant for too long

I went ahead and updated the config files for my dfgt. this should work with any 2 pedal steering wheel but its optimized for the dfgt button configuration.

https://mega.co.nz/#!YM0ClB7K!v8ei41xZYVKKfPvHaungfzGWHWCuUh1MqSvxd8HgP-0

phillay

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 29, 2014, 07:02:15 am
hi all

I got this game working, but it would crash if I have my ps3 controller plugged into my PC.

I've deleted and tried all different types of config files out there. unplugged all my usb devices etc.

but it wouldn't want to work with a controller plugged in.

any help would be appreciated

cheers,

Phil

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
hi all

I got this game working, but it would crash if I have my ps3 controller plugged into my PC.

I've deleted and tried all different types of config files out there. unplugged all my usb devices etc.

but it wouldn't want to work with a controller plugged in.

any help would be appreciated

cheers,

Phil

Keep a USB memory stick plugged in to your PC when you try and run the game. Make sure it's assigned to the E: drive.

handsomegirl

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 23, 2014, 03:48:17 am
Is there a tutorial on how to run Battle Gear 4 on the computer? I've been googling and can't seem to find a guide.

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated
the installation info is on the first page. once you have the files, add the crack and padder, setup the pad and play. real easy

Jollywest

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 23, 2024, 12:15:15 pm
I'm trying to narrow down the reasons I'm having issues with this, reading through the thread I haven't seen anyone say whether they have this running on an arcade monitor.

Anyone have this working on a 31khz arcade monitor at 640 x 480?

I have it working on our Home PC (LCD, Win7, HD4870x2, E8400, 4GB DDR2) but not on the driving cab PC (Sanwa 29E31S, XP, HD4550, 3GB DDR2)
I get a memory address error when I run windowed and a black screen on full screen. When I hit ctrl, alt, delete after it goes black, it shows the shutdown box but blurry and split 4 ways like it's out of sync. I'm guessing that it tries to play in maybe 800x600 by default, hence why I'm asking about the res above.

I've tried using a flash drive connected as E:, using Stereo instead of 5.1 and placing the appropriate dll files in the exe folder without any luck.

EDIT

Actual error attached

EDIT ... again

According to RomHack this is hardcoded to 800x600, so no go unfortunately.  :cry:

« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 05:29:10 pm by Jollywest »

BUNNO6

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 17, 2015, 03:13:41 pm
HI,  CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME!!

ive tryed everything to get this game working! this is my ultimate favourite game of all time and have to drive 40 mins to nearest venue that has it and over an hour to city were they have internet so i can use my key and am just lost ...

everything ive tryed doesnt work....
ive got as far as putting in keys from ttx_config2.0 and then click ok and try to run game says not responding and crashes..

can anyone help me PLEASE! i wil be so thankfull will never be forgotton!

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
HI,  CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME!!

ive tryed everything to get this game working! this is my ultimate favourite game of all time and have to drive 40 mins to nearest venue that has it and over an hour to city were they have internet so i can use my key and am just lost ...

everything ive tryed doesnt work....
ive got as far as putting in keys from ttx_config2.0 and then click ok and try to run game says not responding and crashes..

can anyone help me PLEASE! i wil be so thankfull will never be forgotton!

Stick a usb flash drive in and try again

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
Is there anyway to increase the resolution on this game? It just seems kinda strange for a game to only work at 800x600 when its fairly recent.

*Edit* Okay so it does seem possible looking at some videos on youtube, however ive tried a version of game loader all rh.exe but it doesn't appear to be exactly the same one as this video is showing. I can't seem to get it changing resolution as he has and still shows it all running in 800x600. Ive searched for more game loader all rh.exe but they seem to be near impossible to find!

« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 06:35:10 am by Boomslang »

twistedsymphony

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 03, 2024, 11:13:51 pm
  • Play stupid games... win stupid prizes.
    • solid-orange.com
    • CollectorsEdition.org
the original version of Battle Gear 4 was designed to run on 640x480 CRTs... initially Battle Gear 4 Tuned was CRT as well but then there were several upgrade releases and at one point they switched over to a widescreen LCD (unsure of the resolution.) it's unclear of the version that was leaked includes support for HD resolutions.

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
Ive made some progress, I came across a bunch of game.exe files which are meant to be different resolutions etc

Unfortunately only one of them seems to work for me which is 1400x1050. While racing it looks far better and sharper image however the menus haven't changed to the same resolution (not sure why). I can still move around the menus fine but its worth noting

It only runs in 4:3 aspect ratio now too. I have no idea who made these files but it would of been great to get the full HD one working which it doesn't seem too

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
Ive played around some more and got it running at 1920x1050 resolution now by hex editing the exe.  Looks great!

It won't let me go 1920x1080 for some reason it crashes however ive got full 16:9 aspect ratio now BUT to achieve fullscreen I have to use Windowed Borderless Program which doesn't bother me much, automatically goes fullscreen when I load game.exe

Menus are still the same, its like the aspect ratio doesn't change for the menus. I can still tell exactly what im picking the whole time but it would be nice to be able to fix that

It's properly the best im going to get it but I need to try setup the controls. The old control layouts don't seem to work with the new exe, they have to be re-done and the input config on the config is terrible.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 06:28:41 am by Boomslang »

d123456

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2018, 09:45:24 pm
Hi Boomslang, that is amazing news! To get BG4T running on widescreen on that resolution would be worth it to buy a new pc for. My current pc might not be able to handle that resolution without destablizing the frame rate. Please keep us posted.
Would it be possible to get a resolution of 1280 X 720? That would be a screen filling resolution or 1366 X 768 which I think the BG4T runs at in the arcade. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

PaRappaTheRappar

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 28, 2015, 06:55:32 am
Can Go Right But Not Left. Also Xbox Controler Crashes Game. FIX!