Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Battle Gear 4 on TaitoX Loader by Romhack V.8.5 (Update:Hidden tracks enabled)  (Read 131986 times)

SegaOutrun

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2019, 03:02:05 am
  • Brakes are overrated
Update 8.5: The 12 hidden tracks have been enabled by using a modified the config.bin file.

UPDATE: A Eight version of the loader has been released. Incase you wondering v.7 had a bug, and v.8 was released right afterwards.

The newest update (v.8 ) has the Background music and Announcers voice now working. As far as I can tell, the game is now working 100% (if you dont included LAN games)

Note: Romhack said he is still working on new version that will handle analog controls betters by accounting for sensitivity and speed.[/size]

OLDER INFO and Installation instructions:

A working loader has been released for Battle Gear 4 by romhack using a modified version of his TTX_Monitor. Please use your google-fu to find it as posting it here is not allowed.

Note: there are two dumps of Battle gear 4 online. You will need the Battle Gear 4 tuned pro version. The way to tell the diff is the main directory contains a Data folder and game.exe file. If your dump has ton of stuff like Document and setting, typexsys and windows folder in the main directory, you downloaded the wrong dump.

to use the loader:

1.Place (game4.exe,TTX_config2.0.exe and TTX_monitor.dll) into the main directory.

2. open the ttx_config2.0.exe and map the buttons/axis, then close it. I have included pre-configured setting for 2 pedal logitech wheels and and xbox controllers below.

axis1 is accel
axis2 is brake
axis3 is steering
start is start
service is coin

3. open game4.exe (on first start up, it will have you map the accel and brake, if you need to reset this, just delete config.bin to restart the process. once you have it configured properly, you will not need to repeat this process, unless you delete the config file)

4. OPTIONAL BUT RECOMMEND= make a bat file to enable fullscreen. the bat file should be
game4.exe _MTS_FULL_SCREEN_

5.Optional- go to test menu using the test button, (use shifters to navigate and start to select) go to configuration, hit the start button on coin until it reads free play, exit test menu. The game will close but the setting will be saved.

Pre-configured settings

I went ahead and made pre-configured setting for 2 pedaled logitech wheels (make sure pedal are not marked combined in windows) and a xbox controller

THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE THE HACKED EXE OR DUMP FILES.
https://mega.co.nz/#!1NVWjDga!NnhetnWlFmilpvimaausGlsu1i7wRq0bUT8U2kUXYf4

There are 3 xbox controller preconfig versions. If you have a config.bin file in your directory, delete it before copying over the preconfigured files. Only copy one pre configured version files into main directory and open you open game4.exe, follow the instructions on the screen to map the gas and brakes.

Dual Analog Version = Analog stick 1 is Steering, Analog stick 2(right side) is Accel(its a little sensitive).  L and R pad(they both do the same) are brakes. select=coin, start= start, A= turbo, B = view, Y= handbrake, X= hazzards, LB and RB are shift up and down.

A as Accel version = Analog stick 1 steering and A button is Accel (much more natural feel). Every other button is the same as version 1 except X now equals both hazzards and turbo (i ran out of buttons)

Z trigger as Accel=  Analog stick 1 steering and Z triggers(either one) is Accel and A button is brake. very other button is the same as version 1 except X now equals both hazzards and turbo (i ran out of buttons)

incase you wondering why I dont do L trigger brake  and R trigger accel is because they are the same axis.

Note: the steering wheel does not work in the menus, use shiftup/down to navigate

IMPORTANT NOTES:

Accel and brake cannot be on the same axis.

If you steering wheel is not working in the menus, use shift up/down for navigation.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 04:25:41 am by SegaOutrun »

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 08:10:48 pm
Re: [WIP] Battle Gear 4 on Taito X Loader TTX_Monitor
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 08:34:02 am »
I've been hoping for this one for a long time.
What emulator are you running BG3 on?

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 07:22:01 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 08:38:36 am »
That's pretty cool. Hopefully we'll see Chase HQ 2 get the same treatment sometime soon. Of all the unconverted (or unemulated /cracked) arcade driving games out there, Chase HQ 2 is the one I'd most like to play at home. I would've happily paid Taito for a full priced home version after it'd done the rounds in the arcades, but that's never going to happen now, so...

Also hoping Raw Thrills change their minds at some point about the 'no home conversions of their machines' attitude they seem to have, I'd absolutely love a version of H2Overdrive for my PS3 (looking unlikely) or PC.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 01:05:31 pm by MrThunderwing »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 12:27:43 pm »
I really need to get in contact with the type X people at some point.  I can only assume that all the loader does is re-direct memory locations to get the I/O working.  Somehow via sheer accident I've become very good at this over the past few years. 

If they would share a bit of source (which unfortunately most developers aren't willing to do) I might be able to get some of the problem games working. 

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 03:26:28 pm »
https://github.com/zxmarcos/ttx_monitor

hes actually pretty cool with other people making his loader work on other games. ill pm you a way to contact him directly.

btw badmouth, im using pcsx2 to play the ps2 version of BG3. When upscaled to 1080p, its damn beautiful
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 03:28:59 pm by SegaOutrun »

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2014, 03:33:19 pm »
more progress posted

The game was trying to access invalid memory locations, with a simple patch the game is running.
The problem now is that Handle (steering wheel), Accel and Break doesn't work even with analog emulation.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
Re: [WIP] Battle Gear 4 on Taito X Loader TTX_Monitor (Update 8/3/14)
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2014, 08:22:40 pm »
Thanks man.  I'll give them a few, it seems like they've almost got it, but if not I'll jump in.  If all that's left is the inputs, my guess is he merely hasn't found the right address to hack into yet. 

Jitterdoomer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 26, 2023, 06:37:11 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
    • Personal Twitter Page
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 12:21:41 am »
Very nice, I really wish that Supermini Festa or Lethal Enforcers 3 will be cracked soon.
For amusement only.

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2014, 01:37:16 am »
Thanks man.  I'll give them a few, it seems like they've almost got it, but if not I'll jump in.  If all that's left is the inputs, my guess is he merely hasn't found the right address to hack into yet.

hes getting close...

Well, I managed to do the throttle and brake work, just need to understand how the wheel works, already discovered hence their values ​​...

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2014, 02:09:38 am »
Yeah he doesn't need any help apparently. 

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2014, 01:09:38 pm »

hes getting close...

Well, I managed to do the throttle and brake work, just need to understand how the wheel works, already discovered hence their values ​​...

Hey dude, would you mind posting a link to the thread on whichever forum this is from? (unless it's some weird super-secret one or something  8) )

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2014, 08:34:16 pm »
This is now patched and fully playable! I got it working for the first time tonight. Hurrah!  ;D

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2014, 11:18:07 pm »
Sweet!  It looks great in the vid on your youtube channel.  :cheers:

Jitterdoomer

• Offline Offline
    • Personal Twitter Page
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2014, 01:32:45 am »
I noticed that it has no music, is it a programing oversight?
For amusement only.

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 08:20:43 pm
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2014, 03:35:41 am »
can you play multiplayer over lan?

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 10, 2023, 04:01:16 am
  • Id 10 and t error
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2014, 04:20:10 am »
This is now patched and fully playable! I got it working for the first time tonight. Hurrah!  ;D

Hi, that's great news. I did a quick google and cant find anything to download :(

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated
Re: [Released] Battle Gear 4 on Taito X Loader TTX_Monitor (Update 8/6/14)
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2014, 05:07:48 am »
I cannot get accel and brake to map properly. steering works well. my steering wheel by default has the same axis for pedals(is this correct for the dfgt?) and I believe this is the issue. can you guys that have it working post what your ttx_config2.0 looks like? and any tips when it ask you to calibrate the pedals in game?

the closest ive gotten it to work is holding my pedal only halfway down in the loader config but ingame, i cant go past 50km/h.

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2014, 07:46:17 am »
my steering wheel by default has the same axis for pedals(is this correct for the dfgt?) and I believe this is the issue.

Sounds like you have your pedals on a combined axis and the game wants them separate.
Change in windows controllers setup, or create a Logitech profiler profile with them as separate.

I have it on my laptop, but haven't tried setting up controls yet.
Launched it once just to see it run, but now it won't launch again.  :-\
Haven't messed with it more than a minute or two.  I'll get farther into it tonight.

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2014, 09:16:05 am »
I'm wondering if there are any useful tools in that other dump.
It was a mega disappointment.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 09:17:55 am by BadMouth »

twistedsymphony

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 03, 2024, 11:13:51 pm
  • Play stupid games... win stupid prizes.
    • solid-orange.com
    • CollectorsEdition.org
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2014, 09:50:46 am »
This is awesome, I was waiting for this game to get working.

Any chance of working force feedback?

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2014, 10:40:05 am »
Haven't messed with it more than a minute or two.  I'll get farther into it tonight.

I couldn't get it working at first either, it just kept hanging. I followed some advice about copying and renaming some of the visual studio .dll gubbins and putting it in the same folder as the game, which initially didn't seem to make a difference, then I launched the config.exe, which created some .bin files and after that it seemed to work. I don't know if the .dll files made a difference or not, but if you want to give them a try this is what you do:

Take these files from the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder:
msvcp110_clr0400.dll
msvcr110_clr0400.dll

Copy into BG4T folder and rename them to:
rename msvcp110_clr0400.dll msvcp110.dll
rename msvcr110_clr0400.dll msvcr110.dll

As far as I know there isn't any LAN functionality or FFB at present and I don't know why there isn't any music (although if it's anything like the awful J-Pop cheese of the Initial D games that might not be a bad thing. Getting a bit off topic here, but I did read about the legendary Yuzo Koshiro doing some music for some of the Wangan games, so if it's anything like that then, sweet, hope it gets fixed soon..)

I cannot get accel and brake to map properly. steering works well. my steering wheel by default has the same axis for pedals(is this correct for the dfgt?) and I believe this is the issue. can you guys that have it working post what your ttx_config2.0 looks like? and any tips when it ask you to calibrate the pedals in game?

the closest ive gotten it to work is holding my pedal only halfway down in the loader config but ingame, i cant go past 50km/h.

I haven't tried using my wheel with this yet, only my PS3 Dualshock 3 pad via Motionjoy DS3 tool to emulate an Xbox 360 one. I initially tried setting the the L & R shoulder buttons as the brake (=axis 2) and accelerator (=axis 1) respectively, but they kept getting combined into one axis so if I tried to accelerate it was activating the brake at the same time. I got around this by assigning the brake to the right stick and leaving the accelerator on the right shoulder button. it's not ideal, but it's totally playable that way.

As far as the problem of not being able to accelerate beyond 50km/h - you need to make sure when it get to the option to choose your transmission type, you choose the AT option on the far left (like I'm doing at 01:08 in the 1st video below), not the middle one. You should find that sorts the problem out for you.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 10:43:05 am by MrThunderwing »

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2014, 11:08:00 am »

I couldn't get it working at first either, it just kept hanging. I followed some advice about copying and renaming some of the visual studio .dll gubbins and putting it in the same folder as the game, which initially didn't seem to make a difference, then I launched the config.exe, which created some .bin files and after that it seemed to work. I don't know if the .dll files made a difference or not, but if you want to give them a try this is what you do:

It worked fine the first time I ran it, but I didn't have a controller mapped to get through the pedal calibration screen.
I only had a few minutes to mess with it this morning.

Concerning having to select an automatic transmission:
A newer variant of the cabinet Battle Gear 4 Tuned Professional Version, sports a further clutch pedal, and an H-shaped gearbox control. They are used together to simulate full manual shifting.
(from Wikipedia).

Maybe the Tuned dump is from one of these and we need to find the 6-speed and clutch inputs?  ;)
Or is there anything related to cabinet type in the service menu?

Does the start button work for Nitro?

EDIT: The icons in the transmission select screen on your video don't appear to show a clutch pedal.  The shifter also looks like a sequential shifter, not H gate.  Odd that there appears to be two AT options, one only using the gas pedal and the other using both gas and brake.  I'm trying to think of a reason selecting the gas pedal only option would limit speed.  Anyone read Japanese? (gonna PM jigenjuke!)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 11:40:14 am by BadMouth »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2014, 12:10:19 pm »
Just for the record, it'd be nice to post a link to the loader. 

Yes you can't link to the game, but the loader isn't illegal.

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2014, 12:25:29 pm »
Just for the record, it'd be nice to post a link to the loader. 

Yes you can't link to the game, but the loader isn't illegal.

(LINK REMOVED.  LOADER PACKAGE INCLUDES MODIFIED GAME EXE)

What should be in your folder (the zipped copy in there isn't necessary)

config.bin will generate the first time the game is launched
some of the monitor files will be generated when ttx_config2.0 is ran.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 01:05:01 pm by BadMouth »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2014, 12:46:13 pm »
I'm having trouble mapping the analog inputs...

Which one is the wheel?

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2014, 01:03:20 pm »
I'm having trouble mapping the analog inputs...

Which one is the wheel?

axis1 is accel, axis2 is brake, axis3 is steering, start is start, service is coin, button 1 is shift (up?), button 2 is shift (down?), test mode is test mode (useful for setting free play)

Jitterdoomer

• Offline Offline
    • Personal Twitter Page
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2014, 02:06:48 pm »

EDIT: The icons in the transmission select screen on your video don't appear to show a clutch pedal.  The shifter also looks like a sequential shifter, not H gate.  Odd that there appears to be two AT options, one only using the gas pedal and the other using both gas and brake.  I'm trying to think of a reason selecting the gas pedal only option would limit speed.  Anyone read Japanese? (gonna PM jigenjuke!)

The first one says that you will use a clutch to brake in some corners while the second options you will use a brake but the clutch is optional, MT is not available as the H-shifter is not emulated at this point.
For amusement only.

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2014, 02:13:06 pm »

The first one says that you will use a clutch to brake in some corners while the second options you will use a brake but the clutch is optional, MT is not available as the H-shifter is not emulated at this point.

Thanks!  :cheers:

Sounds like it may be an issue with the clutch pedal not being hooked up then.  I haven't been able to find a manual.
I wonder if the clutch was analog or just a switch?

I can't wait to poke around in the service menu and see what controls aren't hooked up yet.
I'm hoping it rains so I can play with this instead of mowing my yard.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 02:17:01 pm by BadMouth »

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2014, 02:26:04 pm »
Found this interesting review of the machine on a blog: http://lifedrive.wordpress.com/2007/04/08/battle-gear-4-tuned-test-drive/

That must have been the "professional" version.  It had 4 options for transmission.
Also looks like there is a handbrake in the mix.

According to the author, the shifter works as either a sequential or H-gate depending on which option is chosen in game and it also won't go into gear if the clutch isn't depressed.
Sounds like a sweet shifter setup.  I'm not sure that the standard "tuned" model would work the same way.

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2014, 02:54:15 pm »
I still haven't played it, but I'm pretty sure it's still missing some of the controls (falling behind at work because I'm obsessively researching)

Here is the standard BG4:

Even it has a handbrake and nitro switch.  Not sure how the shifter functions.
Is it possible that the instructions are about using the handbrake in turns instead of clutch?

Here is Tuned Professional

« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 03:15:49 pm by BadMouth »

Jitterdoomer

• Offline Offline
    • Personal Twitter Page
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2014, 03:07:18 pm »
I'd doubt that the vanilla BG4 only has two transmission option that both used the brake but lacks the clutch, so Taito upgraded it to Tuned version so that professional drivers or long time Battle Gear players will play the game professionally.
For amusement only.

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2014, 03:16:04 pm »
GameFAQs has a pretty comprehensive write up!
Battle Gear 4 Tuned:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/arcade/937334-battle-gear-4-tuned/faqs/48194

Simply put, BG4T is installed on BG4's setup whilst BG4T Pro is installed on
a more decent setup. BG4T Pro upgrades the hardware system with an inclusion of
a clutch, an H-shaped pattern shifting knob, a 16:9 wide screen, a seat
vibration function, and a screen blurred-out effect when a nitro or boost is
triggered.

So no clutch or 6 speed on Tuned.  The instructions on the transmission select screen must be talking about using the brake or handbrake in turns.

Overall BG4 FAQ:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/arcade/926539-battle-gear-4/faqs/38775

Scroll down to "3.1 The Machine Setup" for a rundown of the controls and outputs.
It has a shift light and lights to show others when the player is using the brakes, handbrake, or nitrous.

Looks like we need handbrake and nitrous inputs.
The loader author only mentions the analog inputs, so these may already be hooked up and we just need to figure out which button in the config software they correspond to.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 03:23:21 pm by BadMouth »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2014, 04:09:44 pm »
It's hooked up.  I was messing with it last night before the wheel was fixed. 

It's just hooked up to a random digital input.  I think it was p1 joystick up. 

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2014, 05:15:38 pm »
after speeding hours on it, the closest i could get with my steering wheel was gas always on and brakes only recognizing range 0-90% (if I step all the way down, it disengages). It's now playable for me, just not enjoyable :badmood:. Romhack said he is working on a new version that will account for sensitivity and speed for the analog controls. hopefully that fixes my issues.

Badmouth:they are hooked up. I redid the tutorial to include those buttons

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2014, 06:25:50 pm »

Take these files from the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder:
msvcp110_clr0400.dll
msvcr110_clr0400.dll

Copy into BG4T folder and rename them to:
rename msvcp110_clr0400.dll msvcp110.dll
rename msvcr110_clr0400.dll msvcr110.dll

Hmmm, I think this might not actually be doing anything after all. I'm having the same issue with the game immediately hanging and getting a 'Not responding' message on my other (older) PC as I initially was on my first one. The only other thing I'd previously tried on my first PC was downloading the x86 version of the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages required for Visual Studio 2012. I'd been getting a missing .dll message which seemed to relate to that version of it, but that didn't seem to yield any immediate results at the time, and it isn't making any difference to it on my older PC now.

It's weird, literally one minute the game kept hanging on my first PC, the next it started working and has stayed working since - seemingly after I'd changed some options in the TTX_config2.0.exe. I'd love to know what it was I did to get it working the first time. Has anyone else had any hanging issues which they've subsequently managed to get sorted?

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2014, 08:53:58 pm »
mini update: since the game was designed with 5.1 audio, BGM music will only play on a 5.1 setup because its coming out of one speaker. i tried creating a virtual 5.1 using speaker fill in window audio enhancements but the game freezes with the fake 5.1 turned on. =(

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2014, 09:25:08 pm »
My card supports 5.1 but the game also freezes when I enable that mode... or any mode other than 2.1.

So I don't think that's it. 

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2014, 09:57:56 pm »
My card supports 5.1 but the game also freezes when I enable that mode... or any mode other than 2.1.

So I don't think that's it.

hmmm, anyone read russian? this guy highlighted this and posted this vid playing bgm

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2014, 10:36:05 pm »
Well I've got a realtek card and on that screen I only have two checkboxes at the bottom, not three.  Any combination of settings in anything other than 2.1 mode crashes the game for me.

I did manage to get some sound by putting it back into 2.1 and checking virtual surround... no bg music though, but maybe if I play with the mixer....

Jitterdoomer

• Offline Offline
    • Personal Twitter Page
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2014, 11:46:38 pm »
Does the 5.1 ch sound helps reinstate the announcer voices?
For amusement only.

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated
UPDATE: A fourth version of the loader has been released.

This includes the ability to use Manual Transmission. It also fixes Automatic transmission with auto braking. (all three trans are now playable)

The AI cars are now working properly. During the level select screen, hit the hazzard button to increase the AI computer level (1-10)

The drift track now record your score. Yay!

A missing overlay of the turns and apex line is now visible.

Note: THIS VERSION 4, DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY CHANGES TO THE CONTROLS. Romhack said he is still working on new version that will handle analog controls betters by accounting for sensitivity and speed.

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated
UPDATE: A FIFTH version of the loader has been released.

ACCEL and BRAKE can be mapped to buttons as well now. The game now fully works with my Logitech Momo wheel (Steering is X axis, accel is mapped to Y axis -1000 and brake is mapped to rZ axis -1000)
 :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

all thats left is bgm and this is 100% playable.

Jitterdoomer

• Offline Offline
    • Personal Twitter Page
UPDATE: A FIFTH version of the loader has been released.

ACCEL and BRAKE can be mapped to buttons as well now. The game now fully works with my Logitech Momo wheel (Steering is X axis, accel is mapped to Y axis -1000 and brake is mapped to rZ axis -1000)
 :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

all thats left is bgm and this is 100% playable.

What about the announcer's voice? It's been missing like the BGM.
For amusement only.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
Still doesn't work for me.  The configuration exe is still waaaaaaaaay too sensitive... it tries to map everything to the x axis due to some slight jitter found in all gamepads.  Also it seems to check 1 axis at a time and goes with the first one, making it next to impossible to map anything to the y axis, because it sees the difference in X first. 

If I unplug my gamepad, I can map some stuff to the keyboard and it saves those.... but if I plug it back in and run the config again to finish up, it doesn't save my analog settings. 

Seriously, this is why I don't make config exes from most of my stuff... a text-based ini file is just easier for all parties involved. 

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated
a version 6 has been release an has fixed some of the bugs in version 5.

howard, this is what i had to do get it work 100% with my logitech MOMO wheel.

first open devices control panel on your computer and right click on your wheel opening your properties. in advance setting you should have the option to combine your pedal. hit apply but leave the setting page open.

open ttx_config and map your buttons, with your steering wheel dead center (if it not dead center, you button will default to X axis) and the pedal combined, you should be able to map your buttons without the analog defaulting.

next config analog 3, have your steering wheel turn completely before you hit config. it should map X axis -/+1000 (doesnt matter if plus or minus)

next go back to the device setting (without closing ttx_config) and uncheck combine pedals and hit apply. Now step on the gas and then hit config analog 1. It should read Y axis -1000.

next to map the brake button (the hard one), you have to hold your gas pedal exactly at 50% (use the device properly as guide, it should have a reading of pedals) and step on the brake 100%. if you did it right, Analog 2 should read rZ Axis -1000. (if it says Y or X axis, you did wrong, try it again)

once you get X, Y and rZ axis, open game4.exe and run the configuration on the screen.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 11:39:02 pm by SegaOutrun »

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated

What about the announcer's voice? It's been missing like the BGM.

I dont know, i dont get bgm music so I dont know if its missing as well. Romhack said he is working on a wrapper to get BGM music working on 2.1 audio. hopefully that will include the announcer

UPDATE: romhack says his wrapper is working(not released yet) and BGM, Announcer and other effect are now listenable.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 02:31:25 am by SegaOutrun »

twistedsymphony

• Offline Offline
    • solid-orange.com
    • CollectorsEdition.org
is this game low resolution (640x480) friendly for use on an a CRT setup?

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
I can't even run the game. Whenever I try with game4.exe it just brings up a white screen and doesn't do anything

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated
I can't even run the game. Whenever I try with game4.exe it just brings up a white screen and doesn't do anything

do have 5.1 audio? if so, you need to change it to 2.1. You may also be missing some dlls. you can get the dll here http://www.4shared.com/rar/0SGWP_iWba/DLL.html and place them in the exe folder or you can install Microsoft Visual 2013 from microsoft directly.

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
nope only got 2.1 and ive already put those dll in the folder and also installed virtual studio.

Ive also got the correct version

:banghead:

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
Well don't feel bad... I still can't configure the controls... being able to watch the attract and not play the game is worse imho.  ;)

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated
This is my configuration file.  They should work for any logitech wheel (I confirmed that this worked when I copied these files from my computer with a momo wheel to my arcade computer with a driving force gt wheel and the game play without needing to be configured on my arcade pc and drifferent wheel)

Logitech config files(may work with other wheels, no promises). you still need the hacked exe and dump to make this work. I will provide neither. Make to delete the config.bin from directory if you have one and then just follow the instructions on the screen.

https://mega.co.nz/#!gQ1TlArb!DWUeFSmC0ExDMQnOulUG0lw7CXEXivlvIDBnvx8AV3s

NOTE TO THE MODS: This does NOT contain the modified exe file or any other copyright material. Only a preconfigured TTX_Config.

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Id 10 and t error

I just got mine working after many painful attempts. My file structure is as follows:

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated
even tho i dont play it with my xbox control, I went ahead and made xbox config for you guys.

UPDATE: Sleep be damned. I finally achieved the correct analog setup!

i made 3 versions

Dual Analog Version = Analog stick 1 is Steering, Analog stick 2(right side) is Accel(its a little sensitive).  L and R pad(they both do the same) are brakes. select=coin, start= start, A= turbo, B = view, Y= handbrake, X= hazzards, LB and RB are shift up and down.

A as Accel version = Analog stick 1 steering and A button is Accel (much more natural feel). Every other button is the same as version 1 except X now equals both hazzards and turbo (i ran out of buttons)

Z trigger as Accel=  Analog stick 1 steering and Z triggers(either one) is Accel and A button is brake. very other button is the same as version 1 except X now equals both hazzards and turbo (i ran out of buttons)

incase you wondering why I dont do L trigger brake  and R trigger accel is because they are the same axis.

Note: the steering wheel does not work in the menus, use shiftup/down to navigate

How did i do this? to get the analogs on the xbox, i had to lightly(and i mean lightly) tap the right analog stick till it was at dead zero. then for the buttons, i had to unplug the xbox controller, save the config, plug in my momo wheel, set it to combined pedals, make the wheel dead center, then do trial and error to match my steering wheel buttons to the xbox buttons (as in B0 on my wheel = B2 on the xbox and so and so)

in theory, this should work if you have an official xbox 360 controller(I was using a wireless receiver but, a wired one should work too). make sure to delete config.bin from your directory if you have one and follow the instruction on the screens. NOTE: to get rid of the chime sound when you shift up, go to test mode (keyboard button P) use shiftup/down to navigate and start to make selection go to network settings and turn off nesys. save and exit. the game will close completely. reopen the game and that annoying sound when shift up will be gone.

updated version: https://mega.co.nz/#!pc8n2YSa!inZX5OXyULIxa9dgmOY7lBgWtvM8TBvAniW5-s8iTqc

Im sorry in advance if it doesnt work and I get your hopes up.

NOTE TO THE MODS: Once again, this only contains the config files for the TTX_monitor, NO Hacked exe or copyright material is included.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 02:35:04 pm by SegaOutrun »

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
I just don't know what's wrong. I have the correct dump. I have the latest loader. I have installed all the visual studios from 2008 to 2013. I have tried the DLL's supplied. I have tried on 3 separate PC's. Windows 7 64bit and Windows 7 32bit and they have audio set to stereo and when I try to load game4.exe it just loads up a white screen on and does not respond. Config does seem to work

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Id 10 and t error
I just don't know what's wrong. I have the correct dump. I have the latest loader. I have installed all the visual studios from 2008 to 2013. I have tried the DLL's supplied. I have tried on 3 separate PC's. Windows 7 64bit and Windows 7 32bit and they have audio set to stereo and when I try to load game4.exe it just loads up a white screen on and does not respond. Config does seem to work

Have you placed the dlls in the game folder not in your system folder? I am running win 7 32 bit with stereo. Prior to installing the dlls that segaoutrun posted I was getting the same white screen as you are.

maybe try updating your dotnet and java and vbasic runtime files. Also latest windows updates etc as that's the state my PC is in right now.

Good luck

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
yep ive tried all that and still no go!

Frustrating

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Id 10 and t error
yep ive tried all that and still no go!

Frustrating

Did you download the 2.1Gb version or the 5Gb version as both were posted on --no no land--. I found the 5Gb version wont work regardless. Its the 3 file, 2.1Gb version you need, then add the dlls and the exe and away you go. Make sure you rename game4.exe to game.exe and then run the ttxconfig and click play rather than loading the game.exe

I cant think of anything else other installing a fresh copy of XP and trying that

*edited by badmouth to remove name of rom hosting site, sorry dems the rules.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 09:12:24 am by BadMouth »

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Id 10 and t error
Considering these games are PC platform and only need security hacks to make them playable, I would expect the networking side to be reasonably simple to get working, yes/no?

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
yep ive downloaded both versions but im trying to run the 2.1gb one and yes ive tried everything on 2 different pcs with 2 different setups.

Stupid Game!! It's Defeating Me

Brian74

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2024, 01:55:58 pm
  • Yep... I built that!!
I gotta find the loader..

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated
anyone try to configured xbox files? do they work for other people?

update: looks like someone on another forum chimed in that it did work for them so heres a 3rd version. This include the 2 previous xbox configs and this new one. scroll up to get full instructions on how to use this

https://mega.co.nz/#!pc8n2YSa!inZX5OXyULIxa9dgmOY7lBgWtvM8TBvAniW5-s8iTqc

Same disclaimer: this does not include the hacked exe or any copyright material.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 02:38:13 pm by SegaOutrun »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
Thanks man.  I finally got to play it.  I'm sad to say it isn't all that..... BUT that isn't your fault so I appreciate it anyway. 

I will say this... I had to delete the config.bin you included.  Even though I was using a stock 360 controller, it wouldn't seem to register the accel pedal until I made my own. 

Those Japs are crazy... making a game where you race as a ford focus or a mini cooper.  Let me go pull grandma's old Taurus out of the driveway so I can enter it.  ;)

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
Well don't feel bad... I still can't configure the controls... being able to watch the attract and not play the game is worse imho.  ;)

not really. I can't config controls either it's doing the same stuff as yours. So I can't config controls OR even load the damn game. Ive tried wired xbox 360 controller and also wireless with the pc adapter and both do same crap. Regardless ive spent over 12 hours trying to get this game to work and it just won't for me on 3 separate PC's.

Jitterdoomer

• Offline Offline
    • Personal Twitter Page

Those Japs are crazy... making a game where you race as a ford focus or a mini cooper.  Let me go pull grandma's old Taurus out of the driveway so I can enter it.  ;)

Probably because the developers wanted to beat Gran Turismo games in terms of quality over quantity for licensed vehicles.
For amusement only.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
Well I guess, but they aren't race cars.  I'm not a car snob or anything... I'm actually a fan of the Prius, and some of the cars in this game for daily driving, but if you are making a racing game you really only have three choices.... crazy fast n' furious style rice burners, exotic sports cars that none of us can afford, or good old American muscle. 

They got the ford license, but no mustang... just the focus.  Similar selections are made for every brand.  Gm, Ferrari and Lamborghini aren't even represented.   I guess it's a thing in Japan to over tune crappy soccer mom cars?

Cars aside though, the game is kind of dull.  I mean I'll give it another go when I get the chance, but I tried the first race with the focus..... Passed all the other cards within the first 10 seconds of the race... never hit anything, never had to brake or drift or anything... and that was pretty much it.  The track was clean to the point of where it seemed fake... no crowds or background animations or anything like that and the laps were waaaay too long considering nothing ever happened and the cars never caught back up.  When I was done it didn't progress me to the next track or anything... I just got a game over screen.  I've got a feeling that the cab might have had a really good wheel and/or motion sim rig and that was the draw, because otherwise I just can't see it. 

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
YUSSSSS!!!!! I GOT IT GOING!

I went back through. Deleted everything in folder except data folder, downloaded all the updates released and put across the 3rd update (which seems to be only one which includes the loader.exe). It had no dll files added at all. Loaded and it worked! Now copied over game4.exe and the xbox input file only and it all works great now! something must be wrong with the loader.exe I was getting from others

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
well that was short lived. Loaded it up about 5 times and now it wont load at all again. Tried re-doing all my steps again and still no go  :soapbox: :hissy: :hissy: :hissy:

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Id 10 and t error
Well I guess, but they aren't race cars.  I'm not a car snob or anything... I'm actually a fan of the Prius, and some of the cars in this game for daily driving, but if you are making a racing game you really only have three choices.... crazy fast n' furious style rice burners, exotic sports cars that none of us can afford, or good old American muscle. 

They got the ford license, but no mustang... just the focus.  Similar selections are made for every brand.  Gm, Ferrari and Lamborghini aren't even represented.   I guess it's a thing in Japan to over tune crappy soccer mom cars?

Cars aside though, the game is kind of dull.  I mean I'll give it another go when I get the chance, but I tried the first race with the focus..... Passed all the other cards within the first 10 seconds of the race... never hit anything, never had to brake or drift or anything... and that was pretty much it.  The track was clean to the point of where it seemed fake... no crowds or background animations or anything like that and the laps were waaaay too long considering nothing ever happened and the cars never caught back up.  When I was done it didn't progress me to the next track or anything... I just got a game over screen.  I've got a feeling that the cab might have had a really good wheel and/or motion sim rig and that was the draw, because otherwise I just can't see it.

I am happy, its got the NSX-R, that's all I need  ;)

twistedsymphony

• Offline Offline
    • solid-orange.com
    • CollectorsEdition.org

I guess you aren't familiar with the whole "hot hatch" segment of cars and their accompanying automotive enthusiasts.

There's a whole sub-set of performance cars that place handling performance above power output. These are the cars that dominate in racing events like Auto-X... These cars generally aren't represented well in the US because most Americans think "small car = cheap car" or "small car = fuel efficient car"  and the high performance hatches are neither cheap nor fuel efficient so the manufacturers don't bother selling them here.

The thing is most of these cars are supped up versions of cheap, slow grocery getters. For instance the Subaru Impreza WRX STi is a $30-$40K performance car and the basis for several real race cars. it's also essentially a trim level of the Base Model Impreza which has 1/3rd the horsepower and 1/2 the price. Even the Ford Focus has a High Performance Turbo Charged Variant, which has been available in Europe and Japan for years but only just recently sold in the US.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
I'm sort of familiar with it, but I wasn't aware they started out with cars this crappy. 

I've always been taught that if you are going to build something, start with a good base.  A Ford Focus is NOT a good base. 

But you know, to each his own.  My point is, if you are going to make an arcade game, your imagination is the limit.  Why put a bunch of cruddy compacts with no style in a game?  Heck even Crusin USA had the right idea... they'll all go the same speed anyway so why not throw a hummer or an old 40's chevy or what have you in there.  They look cool at least. 

I guess you can tell I'm not a hardcore sim fan huh?  ;)

twistedsymphony

• Offline Offline
    • solid-orange.com
    • CollectorsEdition.org
I'm sort of familiar with it, but I wasn't aware they started out with cars this crappy. 

I've always been taught that if you are going to build something, start with a good base.  A Ford Focus is NOT a good base. 

I disagree, I'd personally rather own and build a Ford Focus than a Mustang. depending on the generation I think they look cooler too.

These cars as such good bases that they're ACTUALLY used as the the starting point for race cars. The Ford rally team takes a production Focus, strips it and then rebuilds it for the track, you can't even say that about most sports cars. Even in NASCAR cars "based" on the the "Fusion" or "Camry" are only based on them dimensionally... those rally teams are starting their build with an actual production car.  and it's taking serious abuse plowing down dirt roads at 150MPH and getting air on every rise etc.

The biggest benefit to these cars is their light weight. You can add HP to a car and it makes go faster in a straight line... if you remove weight from a car it make it go faster in a straight line but it also makes it brake better and it makes it turn better... Do both and you've got a monster. In Rally they're required to start with a homologated production car... there's a reason teams start with cars like the Focus or Impreza.

This year teams are using these for bases:
Hyundai Accent
Ford Fiesta (becuase the Focus is now too bulky)
Volkswagon Polo (smaller version of the Golf only sold in Europe)
Citroen C4 (another non-US small hatch)

If you want to build the ultimate performance car you need to start with a base that is light weight and rugged... The fact of the matter the companies that build these cars does so KNOWING that they're going to be the basis for race cars, so the public gets the benefit of a rugged, well designed and performance oriented base chassis. Enthusiasts see this as a great opportunity to buy a phenomenal starting platform for a low price.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 08:58:00 am by twistedsymphony »

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
I watched some kind of autocross/gymkhana thing the other day.  The driver was sponsored by Hyundai and kept talking about how awesome his Hyudai was and how it was just like the one you can buy except for having all wheel drive, a racing motor, and performance suspension added.   :lol

twistedsymphony

• Offline Offline
    • solid-orange.com
    • CollectorsEdition.org
I watched some kind of autocross/gymkhana thing the other day.  The driver was sponsored by Hyundai and kept talking about how awesome his Hyudai was and how it was just like the one you can buy except for having all wheel drive, a racing motor, and performance suspension added.   :lol

for sure a lot them only end up using the base chassis and nothing else, but the Ford and Subaru cars have a lot more in common between the race cars and the production models such that there are stories of team needing parts, and pulling a replacement off of a street car in the parking lot.

BadMouth

• Offline Offline

for sure a lot them only end up using the base chassis and nothing else, but the Ford and Subaru cars have a lot more in common between the race cars and the production models such that there are stories of team needing parts, and pulling a replacement off of a street car in the parking lot.

Yeah, I've seen people put Subaru engines in other cars just to save weight.

The Hyundai thing cracked me up because he was trying to sell the idea to kids watching that they could buy a car just like the one he races
.....but pretty much only the body is the same.

twistedsymphony

• Offline Offline
    • solid-orange.com
    • CollectorsEdition.org
I really wish they required the teams to use the original engine block, heads, as well as the original diff and transmission cases. Some teams do this already but others (like Hyndai obviously) don't. Having this rule would prevent them making a FWD production car into an AWD race car and at force them to use a similar displacement/configuration motor to what was originally equipped in the car.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
Yeah sorry, but if all you keep is the frame then it isn't the same car.  Also the focus is ugly as all get out, as is every single car in ford's line... except the mustang.  Ditto for chevy btw... except for the Camaro.  Heh... and dodge except for the charger for that matter.  They stopped making good looking cars in the late 70's early 80's.  American muscle or GTFH

Nascar is also stupid because of this.  They call it "stock car racing" and back in the day it certainly was.... but now it's a built from the ground up racing car with a fiberglass shell slapped on top shaped to resemble the car that sponsors their team.  How exactly is that "stock" ?

twistedsymphony

• Offline Offline
    • solid-orange.com
    • CollectorsEdition.org
Yeah sorry, but if all you keep is the frame then it isn't the same car.

Not saying it's the same car, saying it's a solid, race proven "BASE" from which to build from as an explanation as to why someone would want to race around a Ford Focus in a video game; or in real life for that matter.... that is the point of the whole discussion.

Personally I only own cars that meet 3 criteria
1. NOT Front wheel drive
2. Weighs under 3000 lbs
3. Stick Shift (though I have bent this rule on occasion if I can't find a suitable car in stick :( they're hard to find these days)

criteria #1 knocks out 80% of the cars on the market
criteria #2 knocks out about 99% of what's left  :lol

Hunk_4TH

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 06:55:10 pm
  • I DON'T ALLOW VANDALISM IN MY STOOOOOOOOOOORE!
I know this is off topic regarding the sound issues above. But does anyone have a config file or something for the 360 controller? I tried the config program but none of my buttons do anything. Keyboard keys work however,

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
Delete config.bin and when you run the game it'll ask you to calibrate.  That should do it. 

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated
I was gone for the weekend but it looks like i didnt miss too much. A eight version of Romhack's Loader was released and BGM/Announcers voice is now working. I cleaned up the first post with all the updated information.

Howard, I agree that BG4 is not as fun as BG3. They tried to go more Sim racing rather than arcade racing. In BG3, drifting around the corners was easy and recommend. In BG4, they made the penalties huge for hitting the wall so drifting for the sake of drifting is no longer recommend. They did make a full drifting mode in BG4 but its not as fun. You also have to turn up the Computer Level all the way up if you want competition. The default level 3 is a joke.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
Well maybe I'm missing something in the settings or something, but the game appears to be racing for me. 

Since the sound is fixed I thought I would give it another go... the sound DOES make a difference btw, it isn't quite as boring.  Anyway I try one of the last courses in the selection menu, this Cliffside course.  I think "this will be fun I'll have to keep from driving off the edge, maybe I can knock other people off, ect".  WRONG.  There are little guides on the side of the cliff, making it impossible to fall off even though the laws of physics would be to differ.  I can't pass the cars at all because it's a one lane road all the way down and every time I aim to pick up speed this weird auto-brake icon comes up and it slams on the breaks.  And the course was so long and so slow paced (even the speedo on the car never made it higher than 80mph) that I exited out before I finished.

Ok so like you said, drifting is awkward on this one, I can't control my speed, I can't wreck other cars and I can't even wreck myself.  Why am I playing this again?

I feel like I'm missing something in the translation..... literally.  Maybe some of the settings written in Japanese at the selection screen would make things better?  Do we know anyone with some knowledge of Kanji?  I looked at the game data and all the 2d sprites are just png files.  If we knew what they said then we could quickly make a translated set. 

Jitterdoomer

• Offline Offline
    • Personal Twitter Page
Have you tried multiplayer via LAN on this game? But I have a question regarding missing tracks, are the tracks can be unlocked varying by season or it was time released? Because from what I saw in battlegear.net site, there was a track that took place in Shuto Expressway in Tokyo.

There are little guides on the side of the cliff, making it impossible to fall off even though the laws of physics would be to differ.  I can't pass the cars at all because it's a one lane road all the way down and every time I aim to pick up speed this weird auto-brake icon comes up and it slams on the breaks.  And the course was so long and so slow paced (even the speedo on the car never made it higher than 80mph) that I exited out before I finished.

Because driving on the cliff is kinda dangerous and you have to slow down in order to not fall off or it will cause vehicular deaths like you're driving on a dangerous Yungas Highway in Bolivia which is also a one lane road, but thankfully, the road fence will provide the safety of driving but in the game, you just smash the fence which lose a lot of speed prematurely.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 02:11:25 am by Jitterdoomer »
For amusement only.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
Well yeah man that's the point.  I WANT to drive dangerously.... I WANT to go fast and knock other cars off the road ect...

The game is taking all the fun out of racing!

Jitterdoomer

• Offline Offline
    • Personal Twitter Page
I agree, Taito decided to took most of the arcade racing roots to a Gran Turismo/Forza type game due to popularity of these games which people doesn't play these type of games anymore with the exception of Cruisn' or Fast and Furious games by Raw Thrills.
For amusement only.

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated
yea, three things. it sounds like your selecting auto braking transmission. If you select the default transmission( the one in the center, its automatic with automatic braking, if you want regular automatic transmission( you control the breaking) then you select the AT on the left of the screen. if you want manual transmission select MT on the right.

Second is on the track selecting screen, hit your hazzard to increase the lvl of the AI cars 1-10.

third is dont forget about the handbrake. It really helps when going sideways

The mountain roads are hard, there are only a few places you can pass the cars. Thats why its the higher difficulty levels. The third from the last track (green) is pretty fun.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
Are there any dip settings for this game? 

I poked around in the data files.  100% of the menus aren't translated, but about 90% are.  There's a "USA" folder and "export" folder in a few of the data folders which contain English images for the menus.  I could just swap the images of course, but I'm guessing it's a setting I'm missing somewhere. 

Also there is an English map select folder, which I'm assuming gives us English titles for all the maps. 

There are a few things that still need translated... namely the "key" menus and the warning menu at the start. 

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated
i swapped out the common folder. it crashed trying to load it.

see how it says running distance instead of something in japanese? sadly it crashed right after

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
Yeah you have to swap out the individual images.  I got it working, but there's still a ton of Japanese. 

Editing the pngs would be the easiest route, but again, we need someone that can read kanji to translate the textures without English versions.  Maybe there's a site that translates images?

Also the game is bugging out on me in the menus.  Sometimes I can't navigate them with the wheel... when I'm in the game it works oddly enough. 

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
Hmm... I found an image to kanji app and couple that with google translate I can get some really crappy translations. 

I tried the first image in the game (info about the key) and I can't quite make out the translation.  Something about the data saved expiring after 7 days?

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated
where did you find the menus? i searched the data folder and couldnt find them?

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Id 10 and t error
Network, network, network  ;D

I havnt tried. SEGAOutrun, I bet you have, what was the end result?  :dunno

Jitterdoomer

• Offline Offline
    • Personal Twitter Page
You finally got network working? That's cool!
For amusement only.

twistedsymphony

• Offline Offline
    • solid-orange.com
    • CollectorsEdition.org
I agree, Taito decided to took most of the arcade racing roots to a Gran Turismo/Forza type game due to popularity of these games which people doesn't play these type of games anymore with the exception of Cruisn' or Fast and Furious games by Raw Thrills.

That's a real shame. I've never played any of the BattleGear games but I always assumed they were similar to Tokyo Xtreme Racer where it's a 1 on 1 highway battle trying to put your opponent into traffic or off the road. THAT would have been cool. this seems more like just another racer that's too realistic to be a fun arcade racer and too limited to be a good sim racer.

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
Well yeah man that's the point.  I WANT to drive dangerously.... I WANT to go fast and knock other cars off the road ect...

The game is taking all the fun out of racing!

Hopefully the cracking of this game will pave the way for Chase HQ 2 to appear at some point, which I think will be far more up the alley of the average arcade racing enthusiasts on here.

twistedsymphony

• Offline Offline
    • solid-orange.com
    • CollectorsEdition.org
Hopefully the cracking of this game will pave the way for Chase HQ 2 to appear at some point, which I think will be far more up the alley of the average arcade racing enthusiasts on here.

There's also: Valve Limit R, D1GP, and Wacky Racers
I don't know much about any of them though Chase HQ looks the most "arcadey" of the bunch.

I really wish Lindbergh was cracked... Initial D 4 and 5, Outrun 2 Special Tours,  R-Tuned, heck even the Sega Hummer game looks fun.

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
I really wish Lindbergh was cracked... Initial D 4 and 5, Outrun 2 Special Tours,  R-Tuned, heck even the Sega Hummer game looks fun.

I'd like to see the Lindy cracked for Sega Race TV. It looks like a bonkers cross between Outrun and F-Zero from what I've seen on YouTube (I never actually got to see or play one in the wild). Also, the fact that it was the last game Yu Suzuki made for Sega before he left them gives it a bit of added distinction. So happy we got a home conversion of Afterburner Climax though, that's probably the Lindbergh game I most wanted...

twistedsymphony

• Offline Offline
    • solid-orange.com
    • CollectorsEdition.org
I didn't realize that Race TV had Yu Suzuki behind it! damn...

Afterburner Climax is pretty awesome though, I bought it for Xbox 360 and played the hell out of it  ;D

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
When was AC released?  I thought that was ios and consoles only?

twistedsymphony

• Offline Offline
    • solid-orange.com
    • CollectorsEdition.org

AFAIK it is indeed still ios and consoles only; released back in 2010.

Jitterdoomer

• Offline Offline
    • Personal Twitter Page
We saw someone ran Afterburner Climax using the Lindbergh emulator that JayFoxRox posted 7 months ago:

Sorry for huge picture size
For amusement only.

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline

AFAIK it is indeed still ios and consoles only; released back in 2010.

I was just referring to the home console versions of AB Climax originally.

Having said that though, I had heard about JayFoxRox's progress with Lindbergh emulation, but AFAIK it's Linux only and I don't think he's got any plans to release it publicly (can't remember where I read this, think it was either over at MAMEworld or Assembler forum)

twistedsymphony

• Offline Offline
    • solid-orange.com
    • CollectorsEdition.org
there are a few people over on AG that have done great work with the Lindbergh but none of them seem interested in releasing their work for legal reasons.

I'm not exactly sure why, since Lindbergh is older than the TTX stuff at this point. Sega has completely moved on to the RingEdge and RingWide platform and the Lindbergh hardware is actually reasonably priced now.

Lindberg Yellow (which is what most of the good games were released on) is Linux based which is why whatever solutions people have developed are Linux only.

I think Lindbergh Blue ran windows but it was only ever used for derby games.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
Well I think the "Linux only" bit is one of the reasons we'll never see it.  People can argue about it all they want, but pc gaming is pretty much a windows only deal. 

The TTX stuff was cracked by people outside of the traditional emulation community because they are really just windows games...finding people both able to do it and willing to release their work on Linux is a bit harder. 

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated
12 hidden tracks have been enabled using a modified config.bin file posted in the comment section of where the loader is located. You may need to reset your pedals when you copy over this file. you can do so by going into the test mode and choosing adjustment.

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
Thanks for the heads up dude, that's pretty darn cool  :afro:

Edit: I like these new tracks a lot, I think some of them actually look a lot more interesting than the original ones.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 01:50:11 pm by MrThunderwing »

Jitterdoomer

• Offline Offline
    • Personal Twitter Page
Guys I found a game crashing bug, everytime I'm minding my own business changing the settings for the game, the game just suddenly crashes after exiting the test menu. I'm going to enable the NESYS system to play a LAN game with my friends in the house, do you have the config.bin file with NESYS and Multiplayer link up enabled?
For amusement only.

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated
i dont think its crashing, it just trying rebooting but it doesnt know what to do. mine closes when i exit test mode as well but it saves my setting.

nesys is turned on by default, i turn it off because it interferes with one of my buttons. easiest way to turn it back on is to delete config.bin and the setting will go back to default. As far as multiplayer, theres nothing in the settings that mention it other than seat number so, getting it to work will be a long shot

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
Yeah I think it's saving things improperly or something.  Like I mentioned previously, every other time it decides not to recognize the x axis... just in the menus mind you, which is even stranger. 

It's probably due to the hack.  I know real TTX systems save stuff to the D partition and have to be hacked to save in the app path. 

Jitterdoomer

• Offline Offline
    • Personal Twitter Page
For a bit unrelated topic, post some of your record time on any track especially Time Attack Mode.

i swapped out the common folder. it crashed trying to load it.

see how it says running distance instead of something in japanese? sadly it crashed right after

Sorry for the bump about this quote, there might been an English version of the game itself which reads out things like "Course 1, Course 2, etc." unlike the Japanese's 「中級 or上級」that this version was dumped. The English folder on this version's file were handful of English but with full of Japanese text, implying that this version came out first while Taito was working out to localize for European and Asian audiences. In some files there might be a US version's copyright screen that was different from Japan and Export versions.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 04:26:05 am by Jitterdoomer »
For amusement only.

Jigenjuke

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 02, 2016, 12:00:50 am
Hi there Badmouth, Sorry it took me so long to get back to you on this.  The top picture the text is as follows.

The voided out area under the "MT" Manual Transmission is 選択できません。 Which means it can not be selected.

普通のアートマッチクです。アクセル、ブレーキを操作します。
Operation of the accelerator and break in this mode is normal.

The bottom picture's text is as follows...
The text above the "AT" is 簡単 which translates to easy or simplistic
The text under that is as follows...
アクセル操作だけのアートマッチクモードです。ブレーキ操作は自動的に行われます。
This is the accelerator operation automatic mode.  The break operation automatically applied.   

I hope this helps but the text itself says nothing about curves...

Jigenjuke

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
Has anyone tried doing LAN? I haven't actually seen a confirmed attempt

Jitterdoomer

• Offline Offline
    • Personal Twitter Page
Hi there Badmouth, Sorry it took me so long to get back to you on this.  The top picture the text is as follows.

The voided out area under the "MT" Manual Transmission is 選択できません。 Which means it can not be selected.

普通のアートマッチクです。アクセル、ブレーキを操作します。
Operation of the accelerator and break in this mode is normal.

The bottom picture's text is as follows...
The text above the "AT" is 簡単 which translates to easy or simplistic
The text under that is as follows...
アクセル操作だけのアートマッチクモードです。ブレーキ操作は自動的に行われます。
This is the accelerator operation automatic mode.  The break operation automatically applied.   

I hope this helps but the text itself says nothing about curves...

Jigenjuke

Thanks for the translation, can you translate something on the Car Type screen which there's a banner on the bottom of the screen that told us that you need dirt tires for the race or something?
For amusement only.

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated
someone just posted chase hq 2 dump. Im downloading now, no idea if the files are encrypted or not. Hopefully Romhack can work his magic on this and create a loader for this one too.

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
someone just posted chase hq 2 dump. Im downloading now, no idea if the files are encrypted or not. Hopefully Romhack can work his magic on this and create a loader for this one too.

:notworthy: Oh. Man. That is AWESOME! Downloading as we speak. Hope Romhack can work his magic on this as well. Thanks again for the heads up (been trying to find a dump of this for literally years now, can't believe I've finally found it!)

Jigenjuke

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 02, 2016, 12:00:50 am
Thanks for the translation, can you translate something on the Car Type screen which there's a banner on the bottom of the screen that told us that you need dirt tires for the race or something?
[/quote]

Sure PM me a HD screen shot.

JIgenjuke

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
Thanks Jigenjuke!  :notworthy:

Jitterdoomer

• Offline Offline
    • Personal Twitter Page
More Chase HQ 2 News:

Someone managed to get the game to boot, but then it suddenly crashes back to the desktop after the black screen occurs. I hope Romhack will work on this beast. It ran on the same hardware as Half-Life 2 Survivor (Taito Type X2).
For amusement only.

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
well that was short lived. Loaded it up about 5 times and now it wont load at all again. Tried re-doing all my steps again and still no go  :soapbox: :hissy: :hissy: :hissy:

I was having the same problem on my second PC (works fine on my other one), the game just kept hanging with a 'not responding' message every time I tried to load it up. I'd tried all the dll and other workarounds with no success. Then today, seemingly randomly, the game just suddenly worked. I couldn't understand why it was suddenly working now when I hadn't changed anything.

I realised the only thing different was that at this particular time, I had a memory stick plugged into the PC which was assigned to the E drive. I unplugged the flash drive tried to load the game up again and once again it immediately started to hang. I plugged the flash drive back in again and, voilà, the game started working again. Really bizarre, I don't know why this would make a difference as nothing is being written to the flash drive, but having the flash drive plugged in seems to be the factor that dictates whether the game will load or not.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
That makes a lot of sense actually.  Type x games generally have a dedicated partition for save data.  Even if the exe/loader was hacked to save elsewhere, there might be a check somewhere that wasn't removed. 

Eh, I'm done with this one for the time being.  I'm just not getting enough fun for the hassle. 

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
E: could be either the original save location or the usb dongle location.
It would be the next letter in line after the hard drive and optical drive.

When Taito type x was originally hacked, the games needed a writeable D: location for nvram.

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Id 10 and t error
That makes a lot of sense actually.  Type x games generally have a dedicated partition for save data.  Even if the exe/loader was hacked to save elsewhere, there might be a check somewhere that wasn't removed. 

Eh, I'm done with this one for the time being.  I'm just not getting enough fun for the hassle.

2 player link = fun

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
2 player link = fun

As in you've managed to get a LAN setup working? Would you mind providing a quick rundown of how you got it working? Cheers in advance  ;D

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Id 10 and t error
2 player link = fun

As in you've managed to get a LAN setup working? Would you mind providing a quick rundown of how you got it working? Cheers in advance  ;D

Sorry no, way out of my league.

Am simply stating this game will be much more fun with multi player as the AI cars are far to easy and robotic.

Cheers

Jitterdoomer

• Offline Offline
    • Personal Twitter Page
After I beat Time Attack Mode and I got 1st place and entering initials, I can't scroll to the right or to the left, but with only the shift gears it only selects letters from top to bottom, is there any fix for the Steering Wheel to work on the select screens?
For amusement only.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
Yeah, delete all your config files and start all over again.  That's the exact same issue I was talking about. 

Jitterdoomer

• Offline Offline
    • Personal Twitter Page
^ Does it remove the 12 hidden courses? I don't want to start over and race again to unlock those tracks!
For amusement only.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
Yup... and you typically have to do it every single time you play the game. 

Jitterdoomer

• Offline Offline
    • Personal Twitter Page
Taito Type X games can allow you to mod data files! Because most Taito Type X games also come with a data folder!  ;D

This was my modded loading screen for the game.

For the 2D textures like mines, you have to save your photo and put it to the carload folder around the 2D file. The name must be the same exact name as those files, make sure you need to back up the original data first before doing this!

For music, you need to convert your mp3 to a WAV file using audacity and make sure it's 16 bit PCM or else it will not work or sometimes, the song will be high pitched. Make sure you put it on the bgm file and rename with an existing file name and make sure you backup the original song before doing this!
For amusement only.

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 18, 2024, 02:38:32 am
  • I'm a llama!
OK 3 questions because I'm out of the loop here and these may be a stupid questions but:

1)Does this open the door for a possible Naomi loader? Particularly Naomi 2? I'd love to be able to play some Naomi 2 racers via a loader like this.

2)Never played BattleGear. Is this like the spiritual successor to Initial D or something?

3)Does this loader/emulator/whatever support force feedback steering or that something that's still being worked on?

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
1)Does this open the door for a possible Naomi loader? Particularly Naomi 2? I'd love to be able to play some Naomi 2 racers via a loader like this.

This game uses a loader because the original arcade machine ran on pretty much a standard Windows PC.
The loader is just bypassing the security and hacking the controls so it will run on any windows PC.

Naomi was custom arcade hardware, so it will require an emulator.
Initial D is already playable in Demul if you have enough horsepower.
Ferrari F355 looks like it will be working in the next release, triple screen support and all.

2)Never played BattleGear. Is this like the spiritual successor to Initial D or something?
eh, it's got "tuner" cars, but that's about it.

3)Does this loader/emulator/whatever support force feedback steering or that something that's still being worked on?

Not sure, as I haven't used it with a wheel yet, but I don't think so.

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated
naomi 2 games are already playable with the demul emulator. u need a strong dx11 card to play them. crazy taxi, initial d 1,2,3, jambo safari, faster than speed, maximum speed. the only ones not working club kart(playable but runs slow/glitchy) and f355(will be working in the next version of demul)

battle gear pre-dates the initial d games but its based off the same source material, japanese mountain racing.

this game was built to run on a custom win xp arcade machine and it was just hacked to make it more compatible with other windows pcs.

the game should have ffb but its not emulated here. ive played with my wheel and didnt not any

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 18, 2024, 02:38:32 am
  • I'm a llama!
OK thanks guys, appreciate it. Keep us posted  :cheers:

8way

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 03, 2017, 05:52:21 am
  • This is my BOOM stick!
Re: Battle Gear 4 on TaitoX Loader by Romhack V.8.5 (Update:Hidden tracks enabled)
« Reply #133 on: September 27, 2014, 10:58:49 am »
I'm I the only one one that can't find a download link for this?

Edit:
Ok I found the game, but were can I get the latest Romhack V.8.5 loader?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 12:34:34 pm by 8way »

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
Re: Battle Gear 4 on TaitoX Loader by Romhack V.8.5 (Update:Hidden tracks enabled)
« Reply #134 on: September 28, 2014, 05:46:33 am »
well I finally worked it out. You NEED to have a 2nd hard drive attached eg. USB HDD and in my case loads E: and the game will work. It crashes without usb hdd attached for me and wont load at all

Now we need some champion to try work out the network side

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #135 on: September 28, 2014, 06:54:16 am »
well I finally worked it out. You NEED to have a 2nd hard drive attached eg. USB HDD and in my case loads E: and the game will work. It crashes without usb hdd attached for me and wont load at all

Now we need some champion to try work out the network side

You're behind the times my friend...

I was having the same problem on my second PC (works fine on my other one), the game just kept hanging with a 'not responding' message every time I tried to load it up. I'd tried all the dll and other workarounds with no success. Then today, seemingly randomly, the game just suddenly worked. I couldn't understand why it was suddenly working now when I hadn't changed anything.

I realised the only thing different was that at this particular time, I had a memory stick plugged into the PC which was assigned to the E drive. I unplugged the flash drive tried to load the game up again and once again it immediately started to hang. I plugged the flash drive back in again and, voilà, the game started working again. Really bizarre, I don't know why this would make a difference as nothing is being written to the flash drive, but having the flash drive plugged in seems to be the factor that dictates whether the game will load or not.

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #136 on: September 28, 2014, 05:30:35 pm »
Oh sorry! Never saw your post.

8way

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 03, 2017, 05:52:21 am
  • This is my BOOM stick!
« Reply #137 on: September 30, 2014, 07:43:23 am »
I'm I the only one one that can't find a download link for this?

Edit:
Ok I found the game, but were can I get the latest Romhack V.8.5 loader?

I'm still looking for this. can anyone please be kind enough to share the link to it?

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
so I spent about an hour playing with this game finally on my twin cab. Good news is ive got network working fully and can play multiplayer!!  ;D ;D ;D Ive only tried with 2 pcs so far but ive got 4 racing setups going so ill test that later

Bad News is I cannot get the damn controls working correctly, config doesn't work for me on my fanatic gt2 wheels or even if I try Logitech g25 mode I cant set the pedals etc  :angry:

Can anyone help me out getting my controls working correctly?

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Id 10 and t error
so I spent about an hour playing with this game finally on my twin cab. Good news is ive got network working fully and can play multiplayer!!  ;D ;D ;D Ive only tried with 2 pcs so far but ive got 4 racing setups going so ill test that later

Bad News is I cannot get the damn controls working correctly, config doesn't work for me on my fanatic gt2 wheels or even if I try Logitech g25 mode I cant set the pedals etc  :angry:

Controls not sure but heck I want to know how to get the networking sorted, can you post a guide?
Cheers

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
Yeah Boomslang, if you could post a quick 'How to' on getting a LAN setup running that would be brilliant, thanks!  :cheers:

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated

did you try my pre-configured wheel config on page 1? I havent gone back to update the buttons but the wheel and pedals should still work. My cabinet is in peices at the moment otherwise i would make new config files.

I look forward to the network setup info

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
Yeah I tried that but it didn't seem to do anything. Not sure if I used a wheel one though for sure. I'll write a quick guide when I get home from work. It's pretty easy

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
Ive set up a macro to do this all automatically however you need to change your IP address of computers before you load game to

PC#1 192.168.69.251 (goto network settings and turn off nesys and set to Car 1)
PC#2 192.168.69.252 (goto network settings and turn off nesys and set to Car 2)
PC#3 192.168.69.253 (goto network settings and turn off nesys and set to Car 3)
PC#4 192.168.69.254 (goto network settings and turn off nesys and set to Car 4)

then simply load the game at the same time on all 4 pcs (remember firewall)

Ive set up a macro to change ip address on my pc before loading game then when I exit game it reverts my ip back to normal.

I couldn't find a way to change IP of game

I did just have a 3 player race and it didn't go too well to be honest, after about 10 seconds of racing it lost sync or something and player 2 and 3 both were showing they were 1st out of 6 but they couldn't see each other anymore. I haven't played with it much but I wonder if its due to speed of PC's being different or something. It's all on 1gb connection

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
Ive set up a macro to do this all automatically however you need to change your IP address of computers before you load game to

PC#1 192.168.69.251 (goto network settings and turn off nesys and set to Car 1)
PC#2 192.168.69.252 (goto network settings and turn off nesys and set to Car 2)
PC#3 192.168.69.253 (goto network settings and turn off nesys and set to Car 3)
PC#4 192.168.69.254 (goto network settings and turn off nesys and set to Car 4)

then simply load the game at the same time on all 4 pcs (remember firewall)

Ive set up a macro to change ip address on my pc before loading game then when I exit game it reverts my ip back to normal.

I couldn't find a way to change IP of game

I did just have a 3 player race and it didn't go too well to be honest, after about 10 seconds of racing it lost sync or something and player 2 and 3 both were showing they were 1st out of 6 but they couldn't see each other anymore. I haven't played with it much but I wonder if its due to speed of PC's being different or something. It's all on 1gb connection

Thanks for posting this dude.

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
I've played a bit more now and it works pretty well, had some cool races. Alot more fun over network

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated
i finally put this game in my cabinet. =O. my cabinet was dormant for too long

I went ahead and updated the config files for my dfgt. this should work with any 2 pedal steering wheel but its optimized for the dfgt button configuration.

https://mega.co.nz/#!YM0ClB7K!v8ei41xZYVKKfPvHaungfzGWHWCuUh1MqSvxd8HgP-0

phillay

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 29, 2014, 07:02:15 am
hi all

I got this game working, but it would crash if I have my ps3 controller plugged into my PC.

I've deleted and tried all different types of config files out there. unplugged all my usb devices etc.

but it wouldn't want to work with a controller plugged in.

any help would be appreciated

cheers,

Phil

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
hi all

I got this game working, but it would crash if I have my ps3 controller plugged into my PC.

I've deleted and tried all different types of config files out there. unplugged all my usb devices etc.

but it wouldn't want to work with a controller plugged in.

any help would be appreciated

cheers,

Phil

Keep a USB memory stick plugged in to your PC when you try and run the game. Make sure it's assigned to the E: drive.

handsomegirl

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 23, 2014, 03:48:17 am
Is there a tutorial on how to run Battle Gear 4 on the computer? I've been googling and can't seem to find a guide.

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated
the installation info is on the first page. once you have the files, add the crack and padder, setup the pad and play. real easy

Jollywest

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 23, 2024, 12:15:15 pm
I'm trying to narrow down the reasons I'm having issues with this, reading through the thread I haven't seen anyone say whether they have this running on an arcade monitor.

Anyone have this working on a 31khz arcade monitor at 640 x 480?

I have it working on our Home PC (LCD, Win7, HD4870x2, E8400, 4GB DDR2) but not on the driving cab PC (Sanwa 29E31S, XP, HD4550, 3GB DDR2)
I get a memory address error when I run windowed and a black screen on full screen. When I hit ctrl, alt, delete after it goes black, it shows the shutdown box but blurry and split 4 ways like it's out of sync. I'm guessing that it tries to play in maybe 800x600 by default, hence why I'm asking about the res above.

I've tried using a flash drive connected as E:, using Stereo instead of 5.1 and placing the appropriate dll files in the exe folder without any luck.

EDIT

Actual error attached

EDIT ... again

According to RomHack this is hardcoded to 800x600, so no go unfortunately.  :cry:

« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 05:29:10 pm by Jollywest »

BUNNO6

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 17, 2015, 03:13:41 pm
HI,  CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME!!

ive tryed everything to get this game working! this is my ultimate favourite game of all time and have to drive 40 mins to nearest venue that has it and over an hour to city were they have internet so i can use my key and am just lost ...

everything ive tryed doesnt work....
ive got as far as putting in keys from ttx_config2.0 and then click ok and try to run game says not responding and crashes..

can anyone help me PLEASE! i wil be so thankfull will never be forgotton!

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
HI,  CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME!!

ive tryed everything to get this game working! this is my ultimate favourite game of all time and have to drive 40 mins to nearest venue that has it and over an hour to city were they have internet so i can use my key and am just lost ...

everything ive tryed doesnt work....
ive got as far as putting in keys from ttx_config2.0 and then click ok and try to run game says not responding and crashes..

can anyone help me PLEASE! i wil be so thankfull will never be forgotton!

Stick a usb flash drive in and try again

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
Is there anyway to increase the resolution on this game? It just seems kinda strange for a game to only work at 800x600 when its fairly recent.

*Edit* Okay so it does seem possible looking at some videos on youtube, however ive tried a version of game loader all rh.exe but it doesn't appear to be exactly the same one as this video is showing. I can't seem to get it changing resolution as he has and still shows it all running in 800x600. Ive searched for more game loader all rh.exe but they seem to be near impossible to find!

« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 06:35:10 am by Boomslang »

twistedsymphony

• Offline Offline
    • solid-orange.com
    • CollectorsEdition.org
the original version of Battle Gear 4 was designed to run on 640x480 CRTs... initially Battle Gear 4 Tuned was CRT as well but then there were several upgrade releases and at one point they switched over to a widescreen LCD (unsure of the resolution.) it's unclear of the version that was leaked includes support for HD resolutions.

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
Ive made some progress, I came across a bunch of game.exe files which are meant to be different resolutions etc

Unfortunately only one of them seems to work for me which is 1400x1050. While racing it looks far better and sharper image however the menus haven't changed to the same resolution (not sure why). I can still move around the menus fine but its worth noting

It only runs in 4:3 aspect ratio now too. I have no idea who made these files but it would of been great to get the full HD one working which it doesn't seem too

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
Ive played around some more and got it running at 1920x1050 resolution now by hex editing the exe.  Looks great!

It won't let me go 1920x1080 for some reason it crashes however ive got full 16:9 aspect ratio now BUT to achieve fullscreen I have to use Windowed Borderless Program which doesn't bother me much, automatically goes fullscreen when I load game.exe

Menus are still the same, its like the aspect ratio doesn't change for the menus. I can still tell exactly what im picking the whole time but it would be nice to be able to fix that

It's properly the best im going to get it but I need to try setup the controls. The old control layouts don't seem to work with the new exe, they have to be re-done and the input config on the config is terrible.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 06:28:41 am by Boomslang »

d123456

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2018, 09:45:24 pm
Hi Boomslang, that is amazing news! To get BG4T running on widescreen on that resolution would be worth it to buy a new pc for. My current pc might not be able to handle that resolution without destablizing the frame rate. Please keep us posted.
Would it be possible to get a resolution of 1280 X 720? That would be a screen filling resolution or 1366 X 768 which I think the BG4T runs at in the arcade. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

PaRappaTheRappar

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 28, 2015, 06:55:32 am
Can Go Right But Not Left. Also Xbox Controler Crashes Game. FIX!

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
sorry I never bothered uploading the files I made

---link removed by Badmouth---

800x600
1360x768
1920x1050

rename to game.exe

as for changing resolutions not too difficult, I just did it in hex editor
compare two of these in hex editor and you will see where to make the change, then find out the hex numbers of whatever you want. 1920x1080 would crash for me so best I could get was 1920x1050. Menus don't change resolution however but in race it does
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 07:06:49 am by BadMouth »

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
Sorry man, but linking to an actual taito type x game.exe is no different than linking to roms or pirated pc games.
It violates the forum rules.

Perhaps you could do a screen grab of the hex editor to show where to make the modification.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
If you can give me the hex locations I can release my MKKE.exe patcher with a script for the game. 

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
Sorry man, but linking to an actual taito type x game.exe is no different than linking to roms or pirated pc games.
It violates the forum rules.

Perhaps you could do a screen grab of the hex editor to show where to make the modification.

ah I'm sorry I didn't even think about it.
Ok ill send you a pm Howard

d123456

• Offline Offline
Big BG4 fan here. I have a pc set up for this game only. Wondering how much extra cpu power is needed to run in HD resolution.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 02:37:13 pm by BadMouth »

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
Big BG4 fan here. I have a pc set up for this game only. Wondering how much extra cpu power is needed to run in HD resolution.

Requesting roms or pirated PC games is also against forum rules....

Asking for the locations for the hex editor is fine.  Asking for a download link is not.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 02:41:25 pm by BadMouth »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
I'll release a tool sometime late tonight and it'll let you set your own resolution.  It'll be a kludge, but a legal one and it'll get the job done. 

d123456

• Offline Offline
That would be increbu! Do you take donations?

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
Don't sweat it, if it's something easy I'm glad to do it. 

Sorry guys but I've been super busy getting ready for the holidays.  I'll get it fixed up before the week is out. 

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Id 10 and t error
Don't sweat it, if it's something easy I'm glad to do it. 

Sorry guys but I've been super busy getting ready for the holidays.  I'll get it fixed up before the week is out.

Hi Howard,  was there anymore movement on this patcher?
Thanks in advance

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Id 10 and t error
Hi all,

Thanks to all the information in this thread I finally got around to setting this up in twin link mode. I used the IP addresses that Boomslang recommended and initially it was buggy with the connection dropping, I found if I disabled my wifi connection pre booting the game then it runs flawless. Now I just need to find out how to adjust the screen res and get the aspect ratio right for my 27 inch 16:10 screens.

Here is a few pics:

Upgraded the seats to real reclineable buckets, installed Logitech DFGT wheels and pedal and real 280mm drift steering wheels. Will post more info on my refresh in another thread.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
No, sorry.  I have way too many projects and way too little time atm.  I occasionally get to fiddle with consoles because they don't take up much time, but right now I'm in a holding pattern until I can dedicate some time and energy into finishing my racing rig. 

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Id 10 and t error
No, sorry.  I have way too many projects and way too little time atm.  I occasionally get to fiddle with consoles because they don't take up much time, but right now I'm in a holding pattern until I can dedicate some time and energy into finishing my racing rig.

no drama, thanks

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Id 10 and t error
I had a play around with 'game loader all RH.exe' and settled on having it 4:3 aspect ratio in hi res 1600x1200, when it was 16:10 the cars looked a bit squashed and there doesn't seem to be true widescreen support in the rom as you don't actually gain any extra screen, just stretch :( Maybe we will see that with BG4T Pro.

We had been playing this non stop in link mode for 2 hours yesterday and it ran 100% so I am very happy.

For those who don't think this game is that good, I can tell you that was my initial impression but once we figured out how to drift, use manual gear changes and got the controls running right, it a completely different experience. I rate this over many arcade racers now including the Initial D series.

Thanks
Gene

terminator2k2

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 08, 2024, 05:46:40 pm
hi there, anyone know the hex locations to change the resolution?

thanks

chris

MTPPC

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 26, 2021, 02:25:46 pm
Going to try this out today. I hope it works on my P4-3.2.
Pinball and Video Arcade Repair in Billings, MT USA
http://pinballmd.com/

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
I'd be interested to know if it does, Street Fighter IV (the TTX version) ran in slow motion when I tried it out on my old Pentium 4 many years ago.

MTPPC

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 26, 2021, 02:25:46 pm
I failed to make it start and I gave up too easy. I'm waiting to have another build going for this software. My next will have a lot more horsepower.
Pinball and Video Arcade Repair in Billings, MT USA
http://pinballmd.com/

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
anyone got this working on windows 10?

Used to work fine on windows 7 but I can't get it going since going to 10

ronnbizzy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2017, 09:44:29 pm
I've got it working on Windows 10, only problem is, I can't seem to get my Logitech Driving Force GT to work. The pedals and steering aren't getting mapped, it's recognised on Logitech Profiler, but when i try to configure it on ttx_config2.0 it doesn't pick up the pedals or the steering wheel.

Do you have the correct dinput8.dll file in the same folder as game4.exe?

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
Do you have the config files that are earlier in this thread?

I tried putting directinput.dll on my hdd but it still didn't work. Dunno if I have the correct dll

ronnbizzy

• Offline Offline
Do you have the config files that are earlier in this thread?

I tried putting directinput.dll on my hdd but it still didn't work. Dunno if I have the correct dll

I believe i do have the correct config.bin, check your inbox, pm'd you.

How about the .dll files? i originally had to add those into the same folder too.

send a screenshot of what's in your folder.

ronnbizzy

• Offline Offline
*bump*

Still can't map pedals/steering wheel for Logitech Driving Force GT.

What I've tried so far:
- Checked combined pedals
- Deleted config.bin/re-added the Pre-Config files
- Tested the pedals and steering are detected in Control Panel > Devices and Printers > Logitech Driving Force GT

I open up ttx_config2.0 and i can map the buttons that assigned using Logitech Profiler, but the sifter, steering wheel and pedals don't get detected.

I can't see the pre-configured setting for 2 pedal steering wheel in https://mega.co.nz/#!1NVWjDga!NnhetnWlFmilpvimaausGlsu1i7wRq0bUT8U2kUXYf4 which SegaOutrun provided?

There's something i must be doing wrong, sorry if it's obvious, but any help will be much appreciated.

thanks,

ronnbizzy

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
Do you have any other controllers plugged in?  It might only accept the first one.

ronnbizzy

• Offline Offline
I tried an xbox controller, but that's not plugged in anymore.

In Logitech Profiler I mapped accel and brake as button, in the config, this was picked up, but in game it wouldn't work.

I'm running the game on Windows 10.

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 19, 2021, 11:13:43 am
I tried an xbox controller, but that's not plugged in anymore.

In Logitech Profiler I mapped accel and brake as button, in the config, this was picked up, but in game it wouldn't work.

I'm running the game on Windows 10.

Did the Xbox controller work?

ronnbizzy

• Offline Offline
I actually tried using an xbox one controller, but no it didn't. I didn't put much effort into testing that though.

My main goal is to get the DFGT working 100%.

ronnbizzy

• Offline Offline
Forgot to say that i managed to get this working on Windows 7 with my DFGT, It's great! It feels like I'm saving myself $2 (aud) every time i play haha.

For some reason when i put in the config.bin for the extra stages, my accel is automatically turned on in races? As in it's like it's already being pressed down, but i'm not touching it. Also i need to get my shifter working on my DFGT, but i guess that's just creating a profile on Logitech Profiler?

Thanks for the help guys, had to read over this forum so many times, next i'm going to set up another machine so I can go head to head with a friend.

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
Still looking for a resolution fix for this. Having compared the exe's I've found in a hex file editor, I get the only differences as the numbers below, but I have no idea how to decode them. I also forgot to note the address, but I can find that easily enough if needed. I'm trying to get a 640x480 resolution to use fullscreen, if anyone can help.

I presume I could use any solution at the same memory address in the most recent exe that works with the track-unlock update?

800x600
20 03 00 00 C7 86 D4 04 00 00 58 02

1024x768
00 04 00 00 C7 86 D4 04 00 00 00 03

1152x864
80 04 00 00 C7 86 D4 04 00 00 60 03

1280x960
00 05 00 00 C7 86 D4 04 00 00 C0 03

1400x1050
78 05 00 00 C7 86 D4 04 00 00 1A 04

1600x1200
40 06 00 00 C7 86 D4 04 00 00 B0 04

640x480
????? - can anyone help?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 06:09:45 pm by buttersoft »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
Run Calc.exe in windows.  Set the view to programmer.  Now type in 1600.  You'll see that the hex for 1600 is 640. It's a standard that most variables (except floats) take up four bytes, so spacing it out it would be 00 00 06 40, but we have to remember our endianness.  For the pc we reverse it to 40 06 00 00, which is exactly what you have there for the 1600 hex values.  The "C7 86" is just some bytes in between and can be ignored (just use those values in any resolution).

So 640 in hex is 280 and 480 is 1E0.  So your value is :

80 02 00 00 C7 86 E0 01 00 00 03

Congratulations, I just taught you how to hack exes as most values are stored in hex in this manner. 

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
Marry me!

EDIT: Oh, and it should have read (at address 001F4C83 in each .exe, so far as i can tell)

80 02 00 00 C7 86 D4 04 00 00 E0 01

for 280x1E0 in hex, or 640x480 in decimal. Even 4k will only use those two bytes, if it even works. Something like flexhex will work fine to edit the files, if anyone else was looking.

No way could i have done that without the help though Howard, much appreciated :)

EDIT: Damn, it doesn't work properly. The window opens in 640x480, but while the first few screens are ok, the main the game is rendering at 800x600 (the exe i modified) so it's larger than the window and some gets cut off :/
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 04:44:12 am by buttersoft »

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
Actually, it's not just cutting the image off, it's displacing it upwards too :(

I suspect this isn't going to be an easy fix?

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
It might not be fixable.  If the game was meant to run at 800x600 there isn't much you can do. 

Btw it's still a 4 byte variable.  It's probably an integer or similar type.  Just because those extra two bytes aren't used doesn't mean they aren't allocated. 

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
No the bytes are there, they just trail that segement i listed. So obvsiously they're part of the variable, they just don't need to be changed and thus weren't part of the difference-string.

Thanks again for the help. Shame it didn't work out. I did learn a little something though :)

krs73

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 25, 2017, 10:06:29 am
Hello there, i'm having problems launching the game. I launched the game on a Laptop with Windows 7, there i could play with a XBOX 360 Controller, but the Laptop was to weak to run Battle Gear 3 Tuned (gave me only 25 fps). So i put the files on a gaming Laptop and extracted the same files etc.. The Laptop has Windows 10 on it, i can Launch the game, but whenever i connect a XBoX 360 Controller (Wired USB), the game4.exe won't start. i downloaded a dinput8.dll and put it in the same Folder as the exe, but it didn't help. i also put a USB Stick in the Laptop and gave it the drive Letter E:, but didn't help either. Anyone has a clue or can help? if it won't work i will try to install Windows 7, but that would be quite some work for just one game. best regards krs 73

krs73

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 25, 2017, 10:06:29 am
Hello, me again. I got it to work, at least mostly. i had to use a older (but not the oldest) dinput8.dll and i had to plug in a USB Drive with Driveletter E:.

I have the files from this arcadecontrols. my Problem now is that, if i use the files for xbox 360 pad i have no Sound, if i use the files from Romhack (bg4_7.zip) than i have Sound but the preconfigured button mapping is lost. How do i Combine this, any help?

retrogamer123

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2021, 04:06:23 am
I was googling around a bit and found a link where one guy directly connects some kind of jvs io board over serial to the computer
for typex games.
http://imgur.com/a/grdqU
Just out of curiosity...
since Force feedback is not working for battle gear 4, what do you guys think, would it be possible to directly connect some kind of taito driving io board to interface with battlegear directly?

codyrock2001

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2017, 01:45:10 pm
Did anyone ever get a Xbox 360 controller working with this game?  I'm running Windows 10 and have successfully had he game running great.  I still can not bind the 360 controls so does this leave it at keyboard only?  Or binding 360 controller to keyboard strokes?  I have the working version of dinput.  Any input?

retrogamer123

• Offline Offline
@boomslang
Did you change multiple occurrences of 800x600 in the game.exe ?
Because doing only buttersofts change via hex gives me a completely destroyed and deplaced menu :/
While the game itself is rendered in my target resolution (1360x768) the rendered content is stretched and not true 16:9
Any help that would point me in the right direction is appreciated :)

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
No unfortunately the menus do get screwed up

retrogamer123

• Offline Offline
@Boomslang Thx for the answer

Got it running on two pcs now with windows 8.1 and driving wheels
Sadly networking is impossible for me.
What I've tried so far:

- Direct connection between two pcs, connection in normal lan with running inet and all
- The Ips Boomslang posted
- 192.168.0.1 , 192.168.0.2 for the two PCS
- Enabling NESYS, Disabling NESYS
- Running the Game as Administrator
- Disabling IPV6

No other network adapters are running beside my primary one.
Simply no chance.
The machines find each other, creating and joining the game always works. But after a period about 20-30 secs ingame a major desync occurs. The car from one player gets stuck on the road on a certain position. It seems for player 1 player 2 gets stuck and vice versa O.o
This is one of my absolute favorite games. So If anyone has any tips of how to get this working reliably I'd be really thankful

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
Not sure why you would be getting those desync. I just re-installed this all on 2 of my pcs and tested network and it seemed fine. I have a 1 gigabit network switch so perhaps you need it on that??

Anyway, I just wanted to say that the Jconfig files that shaolindrunkard posted awhile ago, also has the files for Battle Gear 4 analog

Jconfig sucks hard unfortunately but i managed to get it working eventually across 2 of my pcs.

It's a shame we dont have a force feedback expert around as these arcade games are really missing that once we get them at home  :(
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 05:00:26 pm by PL1 »

mickael28

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 01, 2020, 07:56:15 am
Hi guys, I'm using the JConfig files in the BattleGear4.rar archive which was released for this game, but my steering is not recognised in game (all other buttons are fine).

In fact, even JConfig doesn't have an entry for Handle, shouldn't it be there? or any idea how to configure the steering?

mickael28

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 01, 2020, 07:56:15 am
any idea how to configure the steering?

Just realised that left and right option meant X-axis. That made it work with the windowed game, however it seems this config is now not compatible with the executable that supports Full HD and for whatever reason I cannot launch the original exe in full screen, or I'll get a flashing/flickering white screen.

Tricky to make some of these games work... although having a go in a small window at least is better than nothing.

Moksi

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 18, 2024, 09:10:04 am
Im having some trouble with keys
i can launch the game it runs but it isnt reacting to key input

i opened jconfig and see that it sees the Logitecg G27 wheel but key input automatically goes JOy1 Axis +Y 1000

i tried TTconfigX first i setup accell & brake after that it automacally inputs JOy1 Axis +Y 1000 with every key i want to config

Maybe someone has an logitech key config i can use ?

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
Yeah its a real pain in the ass

Basically hold brake and accl half way on each and spam ya key/button

Eventually it will get picked up

Moksi

• Offline Offline
THe method worked with Jconfig, i mapped all keys but in the game its not reacting to the any key input

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
What's the any key input?

Moksi

• Offline Offline
i fixed it it appears i needed to check Delay & Create Thread for Joysticks the controls work

I m testing TeknoP the controls arent working for me there , while  i mapped the keys in the settings

ysaquerai

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 23, 2018, 01:16:48 am
does anyone have a pre made config for Logitech G27 for Battle Gear 4? i tried everything on remapping thru ttx_config2.0.exe but my wheel doesn't cooperate, i tried holding down the clucth, gas + accel halfway, i just can't for the life of me get it to input correctly, help :(

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
A new dump of battle gear 4 was recently released online which is the export version 2.03 but doesn't work for me, crashes after a TX Surround screen and apparently it happens for certain gpu's etc

However, the old japanese version we have had for years was version 2.07 anyway so was more updated. If you copy the contents inside "for_europe" folder which contains a "2d" and "Scene" folders across to the "data" folder of old japanese dump and overwrite the files then you will now have english menu's etc inside japanese version

umisery

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 04, 2019, 07:55:25 pm
Would someone be able to re-upload the things mentioned in the first post? Trying to get the game working.

defre19766

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2020, 03:46:47 pm
hello ,

Battle gear 4 works .

Is there a way to let the game works in on 5.1 setting ??

My sound setting is always on 5.1 and don't want to change always when i play this game .

thx