Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Jpac Question On Windows  (Read 1746 times)

Pepeart

• Trade Count: (0)
Jpac Question On Windows
« on: March 16, 2002, 07:17:51 pm »
Hello People I have a question I just bought a j pac. I am going to be running arcadeos which is dos, my question is can I run mame 58 I have this video card Trident Blade 3D 4mb, which is able to display windows on the cabinet monitor. any help that I can get I will really appreaciate thank you

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

AlmtyBob

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Jpac Question On Windows
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2002, 11:10:57 pm »
I just finished installing a J-pac into my cab.  Unless you plan on surfing the internet in your cab, you probably will never need to boot into windows.  There are many guides around that will tell you how to boot windows 98 (the only windows OS you should ever install in a MAME cab) directly to DOS.  In a nutshell, look for a hidden file C:\MSDOS.SYS open it in edit or notepad and change bootgui=0 (or something like that, it should be pretty self explanatory just remember 1 = yes and 0 = no).  Now that your computer boots straight to DOS you'll need a DOS version of MAME.  I would definately recommend AdvanceMAME for this.  It's designed to be used in cabs in DOS.  As for a front end, forget about ArcadeOS, it is a good front end, but hasn't been updated in some time and just doesn't really work all that great with newer versions of mame, especially AdvanceMAME.  Instead go with AdvanceMENU, it was made to go with AdvanceMAME and has a TON of options, such as selecting games by screen shot, title graphic, flyer, marquee, etc.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »