Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Have A Non-Working WWF Superstars Board, Need Help Repairing  (Read 1185 times)

gio_aus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 03, 2020, 09:19:32 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Hi guys,

Just scored a wwf superstars board which I am trying to repair. From what I can see there are two capacitors missing from one side, the rest of them seem pretty solid. Would anyone be able to tell me what caps I need to replace them? One is a 100uF16v which was loose on the board, the other I have no idea.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 09:38:41 am by gio_aus »

gio_aus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 03, 2020, 09:19:32 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Have A Non-Working WWF Superstars Board, Need Help Repairing
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 05:28:06 am »
bump

pm me if you own this board

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2024, 09:27:36 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Have A Non-Working WWF Superstars Board, Need Help Repairing
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 11:08:49 am »
while i don't own this board, some simple sleuthing can figure this out. these just look like they are buffering the power coming into the board. so rating isn't real super important (such as a cap used in a timing circuit.)

since one of the missing caps is a 100uF16v cap, if you look at the back side of the board and note if the known missing capacitor value goes to the same places, just on the opposite sides of the board, you can figure out if it's (which it probably does, it likely just filters power to a components on opposite corners) it would be the same 100uF16v.

if it appears to take off somewhere else, it could be figured out by seeing where it leads to a regulator? an IC?

you can also power up the board and measure the power on the + lead hole of the cap location. as long as you don't exceed the voltage rating on the cap, you can replace it with something to test.

if it's 5 volts, a 10 or 16 volt would do fine there. pop a 100uF16v in there. if it's 12volts though, find a 100uF 25 or 32 volt cap to replace it.