Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Arrow Direct, crazy cheap used computers!  (Read 57981 times)

8BitMonk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2023, 05:27:00 pm
Re: Arrow Direct, crazy cheap used computers!
« Reply #320 on: June 09, 2015, 04:53:43 pm »
New ArrowDirect code:

Use code BONUS13 to score an extra 13% off already reduced laptops, PCs, monitors and tablets. Big savings off all MSRPs! Plus, enjoy free FedEx shipping on orders placed this week!

Many of our Windows desktops and PCs are eligible for a FREE WINDOWS 10 Upgrade on July 29th. Check specs and details to reserve directly from Microsoft here.

LAPTOPS - extra 13% off use code "Bonus13"
DESKTOP PCs - shop here and save more.
MONITORS - slash an extra 13% at checkout.

*Supplies are limited & the Bonus13 coupon for an extra 13% off your cart total with free shipping is a limited time retail promotion that is subject to change. Dealers please login to see your discounts.
Games: Asteroids Deluxe | Atomiswave | Centipede | Championship Sprint | Defender | Donkey Kong | Dig Dug | Frogger | Ikari Warriors | Missile Command | Pac-Man | Pole Position | Robotron | Spy Hunter | Tempest | Super Mario Strikers

JDFan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2023, 04:07:42 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #321 on: June 09, 2015, 05:26:15 pm »
New ArrowDirect code:

Use code BONUS13 to score an extra 13% off already reduced laptops, PCs, monitors and tablets. Big savings off all MSRPs! Plus, enjoy free FedEx shipping on orders placed this week!

Many of our Windows desktops and PCs are eligible for a FREE WINDOWS 10 Upgrade on July 29th. Check specs and details to reserve directly from Microsoft here.

LAPTOPS - extra 13% off use code "Bonus13"
DESKTOP PCs - shop here and save more.
MONITORS - slash an extra 13% at checkout.

*Supplies are limited & the Bonus13 coupon for an extra 13% off your cart total with free shipping is a limited time retail promotion that is subject to change. Dealers please login to see your discounts.

LOL - Good ole ArrowDirect -- they went from offering a supposed normal price $62 monitor discount price of $38.44 for most of their monitors this morning with a 10% off code (so net price $34.60) to the same monitor $62 to a discount price of $40.30 minus a bonus 13% ( so net price of $35.06 ) -- SO they increase the discount code by 3% and it winds up costing an extra $0.46 !! ( Not that I'm complaining as their prices still beat most other options out there !!)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 05:28:10 pm by JDFan »

8BitMonk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #322 on: June 10, 2015, 01:46:17 pm »
I can't knock them too much, still dirt cheap!
Games: Asteroids Deluxe | Atomiswave | Centipede | Championship Sprint | Defender | Donkey Kong | Dig Dug | Frogger | Ikari Warriors | Missile Command | Pac-Man | Pole Position | Robotron | Spy Hunter | Tempest | Super Mario Strikers

JDFan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #323 on: June 10, 2015, 01:58:34 pm »
I can't knock them too much, still dirt cheap!

Definitely  :cheers: - it's just funny how they adjust the discount price on the main page to adjust for any discount codes they promote, so you wind up with almost the same price whether using a 10% off code they always have or a special 30% temporary promotional code they post. (as long as you track the current codes) So the final price pretty much remains the same - One thing that does really help though is the Free shipping they have been running as that cuts an additional $13 off the total cost per item.

Admiral688

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 10, 2022, 11:51:38 pm
« Reply #324 on: June 10, 2015, 02:11:39 pm »
Anyone tracking the codes? I need monitors tonight.
Using Tapatalk

JDFan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #325 on: June 10, 2015, 02:30:49 pm »
Anyone tracking the codes? I need monitors tonight.

They pretty much only have the one right now ( bonus13 ) which gives 13% off the listed discount price ( Arrow and 10offany also work but only 10% discount so better off using bonus13 !) but they do also have Free shipping running which saves an additional $13 per monitor over normal pricing so are decent prices.

Also one thing to keep an eye on -- once you decide on a specific model run a search for that model as they sometimes have 2 or 3 prices for the same monitor and grade not just different prices for different grades. so do a search and make sure they don't have the same exact grade and model for a lower price listed also !! (think they sometimes price them in lots depending on what company lease they got them back from so sometimes have more than one lot of specific models with different pricing depending on what they paid for the refurb. contract)

« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 02:35:04 pm by JDFan »

Jakobud

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2024, 04:45:38 am
« Reply #326 on: June 10, 2015, 06:12:36 pm »
3.00 ghz core 2 duo is the minimum specs to run Mortal Kombat/Injustice

What Mortal Kombat are you talking about? Because I'm pretty sure I had Mortal Kombat 1 working just fine on my cabinet back in 2002.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2024, 10:20:30 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #327 on: June 10, 2015, 07:12:48 pm »
3.00 ghz core 2 duo is the minimum specs to run Mortal Kombat/Injustice

What Mortal Kombat are you talking about? Because I'm pretty sure I had Mortal Kombat 1 working just fine on my cabinet back in 2002.

PC games
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

8BitMonk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #328 on: June 10, 2015, 09:19:53 pm »
Definitely  :cheers: - it's just funny how they adjust the discount price on the main page to adjust for any discount codes they promote, so you wind up with almost the same price whether using a 10% off code they always have or a special 30% temporary promotional code they post. (as long as you track the current codes) So the final price pretty much remains the same - One thing that does really help though is the Free shipping they have been running as that cuts an additional $13 off the total cost per item.

Hadn't noticed that before, that's some pretty crafty marketing.

I've ordered about 10 monitors from Arrow now and had mostly good results. The FP2001 they sent me wasn't a B grade, had a bad crack on the bezel and was missing the power supply. Another batch of 3 I ordered, one was the wrong model number, didn't match the others. In both cases they were quick to make good though with offers of replacements or additional discounts. They also ship to me pretty quick but I think there's a distribution center here in Minneapolis.

JDFan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #329 on: June 10, 2015, 11:35:19 pm »
Hadn't noticed that before, that's some pretty crafty marketing.

I've ordered about 10 monitors from Arrow now and had mostly good results. The FP2001 they sent me wasn't a B grade, had a bad crack on the bezel and was missing the power supply. Another batch of 3 I ordered, one was the wrong model number, didn't match the others. In both cases they were quick to make good though with offers of replacements or additional discounts. They also ship to me pretty quick but I think there's a distribution center here in Minneapolis.

Took me a while to notice it also - I've also ordered several ( 1 - 17", 2 -19", and 4 or 5 20" ) and a Small form factor core2duo system during xmas that was $50 shipped with a 3 GHz. CPU, 4GB of RAM and a 250GB HDD with a win7 Pro license (unfortunately looks like they stopped carrying the older systems and have gone to I3's and up)

And also have had a couple problems ( ordered 2 2007FPs and they had double sold them due to some website glitch ) (after I mentioned the great price here on the forum and several members placed orders that same weekend !! :laugh2:) so they cancelled the order but I E-mailed thm after receiving the cancellation notice and was able to arrange 2 substitute monitors ( 1 2001FP and the HP lp2065) for the same price even though the 50% off code and free shipping had expired (which is why I called them about the cancellation since reordering was gonna cost almost double the original price I had gotten) - They took the time to make sure I could find a comparable substitute and gave me the same discount as I had on the original order. Then on another order for a 2001FP they sent a DELL 1905FP instead So I called to let them know and they offered to reship and pay for me to send the one I received back but since I had only paid about $20 shipped for it I just kept the 19" and had them rebill me for the 2001FP and ship it as well ( needed the Composite video connection for a project)

So yes they do make mistakes at times but are always willing to fix things when they do !!  ANd the 2001FP's don't come with the power brick most of the time ( I've ordered 3 and never got one but found a EBAY seller that sells the right ones for $12 brand new ) :cheers:
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 11:39:29 pm by JDFan »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2024, 05:29:33 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #330 on: June 10, 2015, 11:47:53 pm »
Well in case anyone is wondering, the hp I order from them over a year ago is still chugging along. 

I had originally gotten it for a racing cab project, but since their prices are always so low I might just upgrade the old mame cab with it and buy another one for the racer.

JDFan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #331 on: June 11, 2015, 12:07:04 am »
Well in case anyone is wondering, the hp I order from them over a year ago is still chugging along. 

I had originally gotten it for a racing cab project, but since their prices are always so low I might just upgrade the old mame cab with it and buy another one for the racer.

IF going for a system their pricing isn't so good right now - you can do better with TKW4rr10r's systems he is selling in the BST sub forum which are also off lease systems I believe. ( http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,133968.0.html )

8BitMonk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #332 on: June 11, 2015, 02:21:53 am »
ANd the 2001FP's don't come with the power brick most of the time ( I've ordered 3 and never got one but found a EBAY seller that sells the right ones for $12 brand new ) :cheers:

Good to know. I complained about the missing brick and they knocked an extra 15% off.  Didn't quite cover the $12 cost but was still a fair deal given the low prices.

8BitMonk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #333 on: June 12, 2015, 11:22:02 am »
Looks like the 'markup sale' is common on Steam too, check out the article below. Good to keep an eye out for, the discounts aren't always what they seem.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/141131-Publishers-Raising-Prices-of-Games-For-Steam-Sale?utm_source=feedly&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=news
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 11:26:18 am by 8BitMonk »

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:04:30 am
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #334 on: June 12, 2015, 11:29:24 am »
Why are you guys buying these used computers? You should be buying brand new $2000 Alienware Gaming Rigs to go with your $800 G-Sync monitors.  :afro:
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

Vigo

• the Scourage of Carpathia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 08:20:28 am
« Reply #335 on: June 12, 2015, 11:32:00 am »
Dumpster diving hobos.  :afro:

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2024, 05:29:33 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #336 on: June 12, 2015, 12:32:45 pm »
Why are you guys buying these used computers? You should be buying brand new $2000 Alienware Gaming Rigs to go with your $800 G-Sync monitors.  :afro:

Said no intelligent person ever.  :D

8BitMonk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #337 on: June 12, 2015, 02:37:35 pm »

I wouldn't be caught dead with any of Arrow's discarded junk in my cabs, only making suggestions to keep the commoners happy so they don't revolt. 2G's is nothing nowadays, G-Sync fo life!  :afro:

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:04:30 am
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #338 on: June 12, 2015, 02:52:10 pm »
Yo mama so cheap, she run MAME on a discarded UNIVAC mainframe junked by the local community college.

***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

8BitMonk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #339 on: June 12, 2015, 03:38:01 pm »
Yo mama's got next.  :cheers:

« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 08:05:27 pm by 8BitMonk »

Vigo

• the Scourage of Carpathia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 08:20:28 am
« Reply #340 on: June 12, 2015, 04:35:04 pm »
 :applaud: