Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: TUTORIAL: How to resize Video Screen  (Read 9297 times)

ZopenkoX

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 17, 2018, 06:48:15 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
TUTORIAL: How to resize Video Screen
« on: June 28, 2014, 12:56:56 am »
So i've been in a MA kick lately, and one of the things that annoyed me was that no matter what i did on the Theme editor the video screen size could not be modified, not anymore   >:D
It will take a bit of trial and error since you will be adjusting the video size blindly until you open MA and see the results, so:

1) Open the skin ZIP file that you are using
2) Open the SKIN.INI file on notepad
3) Locate the size configurations group, it starts with "[Dimensions_you're resolution"
4) Go to the end of the group and find the following line "screen=[#default: [1024, 760], #wide: [1024, 760], #tall: [1024, 760]]"
5) Modify screen size as you wish
6) Save updated ini file inside ZIP file

- the "#default" resolution is the screen size IF you do not have a video or snap for that game, and the default image of no snap available will show
- the "#wide" and "#tall" are the screen size for Horizontal or Vertical resolutions
- I recommend that both the Default and Wide/Tall screens be the same size, otherwise when changing  between games that have and don't have snaps, the change in screen dimensions will be evident

Enjoy
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 05:32:07 pm by ZopenkoX »

thomas_surles

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 19, 2023, 07:20:00 pm
Re: TUTORIAL: How to resize Video Screen
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 12:22:18 pm »
Thanks I could use this