Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: H size not working with classic force?  (Read 2967 times)

mahkeymike

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:06:40 pm
H size not working with classic force?
« on: June 10, 2014, 03:30:39 pm »
These old CRT's are not my cup of tea but since i have a bunch of these cabs laying around right now i figured i would try and salvage atleast one of them and retrofit LCD's into the rest of them. Anyway, I got one with a clear good color and working touchscreen but for whatever reason, the H size will not adjust. I swapped the adjustment board with a couple from the other cabs but that H size is the only one that wont adjust. I did not notice any blown caps on the CRT boards but im not sure exactly where i should look so i could have overlooked it. Hoping someone knows more about these and can help narrow down the culprit. CRT is TATUNG type 66 G20.

ed12

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2018, 03:44:39 pm
  • it is what it is..."Nobody Said It Was Easy"....
Re: H size not working with classic force?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 03:51:00 pm »
yes mike
there is full note on the 66 from ken
on that problem
it is a cap in the horz section.
if i rember right shawn makes note of it to

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 05:18:28 pm »
Got the CRT off, looking down at the board. Also looking at the type 66 schematic. Which cap am i looking for? Also, is there any caps on the underside of the board? I am seeing a bunch of bare wire jumpers going into through holes and they look a bit corroded but seem to test ok with a multimeter but i dont know what the underside looks like as i havent pulled the board out yet.

ed12

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2018, 03:44:39 pm
  • it is what it is..."Nobody Said It Was Easy"....
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 07:56:58 pm »
to the best of my know
there should be no part's on the solder side of the board.
the cap your looking for is not an eletolytic but rather a polymer
it will be around the flyback and or yoke tie in point's.
it has been along time since i did a 66

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 05:47:11 pm »
Is it a big dark red polypropylene cap marked c20 on the pcb?

I swapped out the entire circuit boards and now i can adjust everything, but i cant get the damn screen to stop moving..lol Been messing with the V hold and H hold for over an hour now. :banghead: