Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Cruising Craig's and thought this was funny  (Read 4015 times)

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 06:01:28 pm
  • <insert personal text here>
Cruising Craig's and thought this was funny
« on: June 30, 2014, 12:12:37 pm »
$4800.00 cash only - NO stolen checks, counterfeit money or homemade credit cards will be accepted, also due to a previous ill-advised transaction via Nigerian funding, wire transfers will not be accepted either.
AND NO for the last time I will not accept either Ford Pinto's or Ford Mustang II's as collateral. What the heck are you people thinking?

I'm not in the market for a retail priced Theatre of Magic but I like this guy's style.

thomas_surles

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 19, 2023, 07:20:00 pm
Re: Cruising Craig's and thought this was funny
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 11:48:41 pm »
Everything ive posted on Craigslist I have had someone try ta scam me.
It always starts out with a really long, way to well written email.

So I don't trust anyone using proper grammar in their emails anymore.

It should be just: hey you gots that ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- for sale still? That I believe

spoot

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 15, 2015, 10:36:18 am
  • Destroyer of electronics
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 11:51:25 pm »
Sumone tried the "I'll leave the money where you can find it if you leave it out where I can pick up the stuff when you're at work" last week on me.........uh, no.

thomas_surles

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 11:20:26 am »
Sumone tried the "I'll leave the money where you can find it if you leave it out where I can pick up the stuff when you're at work" last week on me.........uh, no.
Tell them to leave the money first  ;)

I once had someone wanting to buy my coffin guitar case for $75. They sent me a money order for $1000,
And saif oops I made a mistake, I will let you keep 200 if you send the rest back.

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:01:53 am
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 01:32:03 pm »
I actually had a guy leave payment and the key to his house under his doormat once while he was on vacation so I could deliver an arcade game. 

Damndest thing.  The envelope said something on it like, "Steve, make sure you leave $200 in here for James." 

I took my money, went inside his house, opened his garage, unloaded the game in there, locked up and left.

All I can say is that was an era when gas was cheap and nobody had Paypal.  Never heard a word from that guy again.  I'm still shocked someone would be that trusting and still shocked I drove 125 miles each way to deliver a game without payment up front.

thomas_surles

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2014, 03:05:50 pm »
I actually had a guy leave payment and the key to his house under his doormat once while he was on vacation so I could deliver an arcade game. 

Damndest thing.  The envelope said something on it like, "Steve, make sure you leave $200 in here for James." 

I took my money, went inside his house, opened his garage, unloaded the game in there, locked up and left.

All I can say is that was an era when gas was cheap and nobody had Paypal.  Never heard a word from that guy again.  I'm still shocked someone would be that trusting and still shocked I drove 125 miles each way to deliver a game without payment up front.
Wow thats ridiculous.