Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Can someone please help?  (Read 2162 times)

Watacaractr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 23, 2015, 07:30:41 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Can someone please help?
« on: May 30, 2014, 12:47:29 am »
I am completely new to the arcade cabinet world and I'm pretty proud of how it came out. Here's my issue and I hope I'm in the right forum for this. Maximus Arcade is awesome, I chose it as my front end. Everything worked using my keyboard when I first set it up and tested it. Big problem, I bought a Sanwa joystick and six buttons along with the usb encoder. When I try to set up the joystick and buttons to navigate through game lists, etc. in MA, it will NOT recognize anything on the input screen. I even made sure the capture joystick/gamepad was checked. Although when I click on the view tab and move the joystick and push the buttons, it shows them active!!! Why won't MA let me input the joystick and buttons? Please help if you can, I'm at a stand still with my cabinet until I get this working. Thank you in advance, Brian.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 12:57:03 am by Watacaractr »

ZoOl007

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 02, 2020, 12:03:38 pm
    • RGBcommander
Re: Can someone please help?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 05:20:57 am »
Hi,

the only thing I can think of is that you didn't adapt the controller layout under maximus arcade preferences - controller - setup1 and setup 2

rgds

thomas_surles

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 19, 2023, 07:20:00 pm
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 09:54:57 pm »
If all else fails use joy to key

Watacaractr

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 23, 2015, 07:30:41 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 01:47:40 am »
thank you. I'll try that. :)