Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: recommendations for 3DS  (Read 1674 times)

sharpfork

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 07, 2023, 12:43:42 pm
    • KADE
recommendations for 3DS
« on: May 22, 2014, 01:58:01 am »
I picked up a 3ds for $99 at radioshack a couple of days ago.  I'm looking at The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (love some link action), Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (the Gamecube version is great), Mario Kart (NDS and wii versions are a blast, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (superstar saga on GBA and the NDS games in the series were tons of fun), Super Mario 3D land (I love NSMW NDS and Wii), I might try out Pokemon but that is mostly for my 10 year old.  My real favorite is Wario but there doesn't seem to be anything other than ports.

Anything else I should consider getting?  I don't have time for anything less than excellent games.
Thanks in advance!

s_busby_uk

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 22, 2017, 02:28:51 pm
Re: recommendations for 3DS
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 06:21:25 am »
It's a remake but the 3DS Ocarina of Time is pretty neat. Other than that I'd say you've named the most crucial ones. If you like classic Final Fantasy-style RPGs, Bravely Default is good. Fire Emblem for some excellent RTS action.

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:21:48 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 09:31:35 am »
Mario Kart is a borderline pass unless you didn't play it to death on DS.  I've been enjoying Mario Golf.  Your other choices are good.  I've also heard the Kingdom Hearts game is good, but after Malenko tried to buy it off me cheap I looked it up and found out it's "OMG LQQK R@RE" so that'll sit sealed on the shelf until it's worth $100.

Hopefully you'll have better luck with street pass than I do.  I walk approximately 5 miles a day through the world's largest medical center and very, very rarely get a Mii unless I sit in a McDonald's and connect to Nintendo Zone.

s_busby_uk

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 22, 2017, 02:28:51 pm
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 09:32:35 am »
Oh, Kid Icarus is great but you may get RSI trying to play it. Great dialogue in that game.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:39:06 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 10:16:03 am »
I've also heard the Kingdom Hearts game is good, but after Malenko tried to buy it off me cheap I looked it up and found out it's "OMG LQQK R@RE" so that'll sit sealed on the shelf until it's worth $100.

The 10 year anniversary game is ZOMG R@R3!

the 3ds game goes for $30. I offered you 20 cash in hand (aka Paypal as gift)

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,135409.msg1406906.html#msg1406906

you ever play your Link between worlds?
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:21:48 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 10:40:32 am »
I got bored with Zelda, to be honest.

Vigo

• the Scourage of Carpathia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 08:20:28 am
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 10:43:07 am »
I'd be lying if I didn't say that my dstwo cart gets the most play on my 3ds. The only downside is that I need to update it through my old DS fat every time a OS update hits my 3ds.

Watch out for the few games that suck without the circle pro. Metal Gear Snake Eater was pretty near unplayable, but I had no problem playing Resident Evil Revelations, which was an excellent game btw.

Super Mario 3D Land is pretty much the only Mario game I haven't played on the 3ds, but I consistently hear it is the best one on the system.

sharpfork

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 07, 2023, 12:43:42 pm
    • KADE
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2014, 12:22:08 am »
I'd be lying if I didn't say that my dstwo cart gets the most play on my 3ds.
I picked up a dsi XL to go with my aceKard so I think the 3DS will be mostly for 3ds stuff.  I ordered Luigi's mansion from Amazon for my first game and will leave my system at 4.5 (what Lugi will put it at) and decide if I want to try the Gateway or not.

Thanks all for the recommendations.