Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Merit MAXX upgrade possible? feasible?  (Read 2869 times)

menace

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2023, 10:57:06 am
Merit MAXX upgrade possible? feasible?
« on: May 04, 2014, 06:57:36 am »
So a friend of mine has an old merit MAXX touchscreen bartop that was stuck on the boot screen--I popped in a new CMOS battery reset the defaults and now it works again (woohoo).  The next question is can these old units (made in 1999) be upgraded with newer games etc?  I know I can completely gut it and mame it with something else - but just curious if there were add on game packs that could be installed?

With regards to mame'ing it--does the touchscreen interface in these things lend themselves to windows installs easily?

Never mind found www.davemanut.com/info.htm
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 02:32:42 pm by menace »
its better to not post and be thought a fool, then to whip out your keyboard and remove all doubt...

mahkeymike

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:11:25 pm
Re: Merit MAXX upgrade possible? feasible?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 02:54:07 pm »
You can un-officially upgrade to force 2007.5 with very little amount of parts. You dont need some special magic kit. The most expensive part is going to be the force mobo. You might even beable to use the maxx IOboard, but the force IOboards are selling for $20 on ebay.