Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: GroovyGameGear: And my experience with them  (Read 21306 times)

8BitMonk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2023, 05:27:00 pm
Re: GroovyGameGear: How Are These Guys Still In Business?
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2014, 11:53:07 am »
Looks like some don't take posting a negative experience about their favorite vendor too kindly.  :dunno

While I've ordered from GGG before they don't have any favored status with me. I'm all for legitimate complaints but your expectation of what constitutes customer service in this case is just ridiculous. Your strong wording isn't inline with the situation, you're acting like they did something horribly egregious when in fact you're just impatient.
Games: Asteroids Deluxe | Atomiswave | Centipede | Championship Sprint | Defender | Donkey Kong | Dig Dug | Frogger | Ikari Warriors | Missile Command | Pac-Man | Pole Position | Robotron | Spy Hunter | Tempest | Super Mario Strikers

RandyT

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 03:33:28 pm
  • Friends don't let friends hack keyboards.
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2014, 11:54:33 am »

Now you are back tracking on your own comments here.

First you simply said you were backed up with emails, yet your timestamps don't show that. Now you are saying this is a security issue.  ::)

First, Had you actually told me that the first time around that card numbers are not stored and that for security reasons I could not view it instead of sitting on the email for nearly two days, that would have solved things more quickly. As i already mentioned about 3 times above, I would have no problems re-entering my credit card info if that was the case but nobody in their right minds would ever simply re-do an order like that, risking a double charge without communicating with the vendor.

The irony to all of this is that the card is a paypal debit card. If there wasn't something wrong with the information entered and the card was denied anyway, I would have received an email from paypal the very moment the card was used for the transaction. I didn't get an email, leading me to believe that the info i entered was somehow incorrect. It's just once again proving that communication would have gotten a long way in this situation had you actually opted to do so.

This is getting ridiculous.  The order was placed on Easter Sunday:

Order Number: 21304
Date Ordered: Sunday 20 April, 2014

The next email, requesting an item be added to your order, which we did, was on:

Date and Time:   Mon Apr 21 2014 11:24:52 EDT

We sent you a notification with your new total and indicated at that time the declined status of your payment, along with the steps you needed to take to remedy the situation, which you apparently elected not to do:

Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 11:55 AM, GroovyGameGear.com wrote:

GroovyGameGear.com
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Order Number: 21304

Detailed Invoice: https://groovygamegear.c12.ixsecure.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=account_history_info&order_id=XXXXX

Date Ordered: Sunday 20 April, 2014

The comments for your order are: Order #21304 has been updated as requested. New total - $XX.XX.
    But your card was declined. If you would like us to re-attempt, please contact your credit card issuer to clear the issue and notify us once this has been done.

By this time, we were already in the thick of trying to get orders out the door for other customers.

You then sent an email on 4/21/2014 12:11 PM, asking where in your profile you can edit/view your credit card details.  For future reference, the rules for handling this sensitive information all but exclude anyone other than mega-corporations from making this type of information available online.  We are not Amazon.  You wanted to do things differently than the way we indicated the issue should be handled for expeditious processing.

The next email arrived at 4/22/2014 7:38 AM, and no one was available to answer it at that hour.

It was followed by the cancellation request at 4/22/2014 9:35 AM, with the assertion that this had taken 2-days to resolve, when in reality less than 24hours had passed since you were notified of the issue and opted not to follow our instructions to remedy it.  Had you done as requested, your order would have been shipped already. 

I do a lot of ordering on the web, and we are as good or better than 99% of the experiences I have had personally, where communication is concerned.  Most are far worse.  Sorry we couldn't find a way to make you happy.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 12:02:52 pm by RandyT »

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 04, 2015, 10:19:10 pm
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2014, 12:01:33 pm »

You have every right to post your experience, but I wouldn't fault others if they don't see it your way. We base our opinions on our own experiences. I personally don't have a favorite vendor (I've ordered from 'em all), so I can share my experiences as well, and they've generally been positive.

That's great to hear. I wasn't as lucky as to have the same customer experience.

I thought i made that abundantly clear just a few posts back.  :dunno

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:19:17 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2014, 12:05:11 pm »

You have every right to post your experience, but I wouldn't fault others if they don't see it your way. We base our opinions on our own experiences. I personally don't have a favorite vendor (I've ordered from 'em all), so I can share my experiences as well, and they've generally been positive.

That's great to hear. I wasn't as lucky as to have the same customer experience.

I thought i made that abundantly clear just a few posts back.  :dunno

You did. But this thread keeps going and going and going... :cheers:
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

• Offline Offline
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2014, 12:12:19 pm »
This is getting ridiculous.  The order was placed on Easter Sunday:

We sent you a notification with your new total and indicated at that time the declined status of your payment, along with the steps you needed to take to remedy the situation, which you apparently elected not to do:

What's really ridiculous is that you continue to contradict yourself. My complaint was about communication. You didn't have a problem quickly adding and subsequently cancelling my order but apparently had no issues never responding to a simple question.

You then sent an email on 4/21/2014 12:11 PM, asking where in your profile you can edit/view your credit card details.  For future reference, the rules for handling this sensitive information all but exclude anyone other than mega-corporations from making this type of information available online.  We are not Amazon.  You wanted to do things differently than the way we indicated the issue should be handled for expeditious processing.

Nice of you to leave out that little part. Probably because you never emailed me back regarding this AT ALL. Very convenient to leave that out.  As i already mentioned, had you actually bothered to tell me about that, I'd have no problems filing my order again.  Yet you still contradict yourself, claiming that you were busy (i can understand that) and now this is the second consecutive time you claimed that my email brought up "red flags".

Time to make up your mind. Read my quote below from a few posts back on my stance on having to file the order again.

Why would anyone refile an order while one is already pending? I wanted to see and verify the CC number on hand first. When i checked the profile page there was nothing there that allowed me to view any of my CC details. Give me a break, If this was a legit security issue, the least he could have done was communicate and tell me to place the order again. I would have understood that.

I do a lot of ordering on the web, and we are as good or better than 99% of the experiences I have had personally, where communication is concerned.  Most are far worse.  Sorry we couldn't find a way to make you happy.

You know what the irony to all of this is? You have tried to defend your position more on the forums than you communicated to me about my order.  :laugh2:

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 09:00:13 am
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2014, 12:13:33 pm »
404 is teetering awful close to my "more trouble than he's worth" list.  Randy's thorough explanation darn near sealed that coffin shut....

:lol

• Offline Offline
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2014, 12:14:21 pm »
You did. But this thread keeps going and going and going... :cheers:

Really don't see what's wrong with that. Some want to post their opinions on the matter, That's fine. Some want to troll, that's fine too.  :cheers:

• Offline Offline
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2014, 12:17:29 pm »
404 is teetering awful close to my "more trouble than he's worth" list.  Randy's thorough explanation darn near sealed that coffin shut....

:lol

Why? This has been a shut case even before i posted it. I simply posted my experience. I think others like yourself made this out to be a bigger issue than it really is.  This is the internet, snide tit-for-tat conversations simply don't bother me.  :cheers:

RandyT

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 03:33:28 pm
  • Friends don't let friends hack keyboards.
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2014, 12:19:11 pm »

Done with thread.  I'm happy to let others decide.

• Offline Offline
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2014, 12:28:52 pm »

Done with thread.  I'm happy to let others decide.

thanks for your response here. We had great communication. Can't say the same for our e-mail correspondence  :dunno

smalltownguy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 13, 2023, 10:48:26 am
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2014, 04:03:01 pm »
tl;dr - "I ---fouled up beyond all recognition--- up my order and didn't listen, then I threw a fit."

noise

noise

noise

To the OP: I'd like a refund on the 10 minutes I just spent reading this nonsense. What a waste of my time.
Man, will my cab EVER be finished?

• Offline Offline
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2014, 04:15:44 pm »
tl;dr - "I ---fouled up beyond all recognition--- up my order and didn't listen, then I threw a fit."

Who's to say i fouled up anything? GGG obviously had no intention of helping troubleshoot the order. Had you actually took the time during that supposed "10 minutes" to read into that, You would have understood that by now.  :dunno

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 08:00:17 pm
  • <insert personal text here>
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2014, 07:48:23 pm »
Have you ever heard the expression, "If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it's a duck."?

I fully acknowledge you disagree at everyone posting in this thread. We all agree you're a duck. 

• Offline Offline
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2014, 08:01:00 pm »
Have you ever heard the expression, "If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it's a duck."?

I fully acknowledge you disagree at everyone posting in this thread. We all agree you're a duck.

I guess I should take that as a compliment coming from Mr. 'Dirty Pool' himself.   :angel:

I had a feeling the rampant fanboyism rage was going to bleed out of a few over something so silly. Never thought it was going to reach pathetic KLOV levels. The distance is thinner than i imagined.   :dunno

« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 08:25:15 pm by 404 »

markc74

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 11:59:15 am
  • Flipping out
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137295.0.html
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2014, 08:06:34 pm »
Gonna step in here - probably against my better judgement but have some experience in these areas so might help alleviate.

I work in a fairly large surgical training organisation that takes card payments. We don't deal with the detail of the payments as we we're not big enough to make it worthwhile (<£2m).  We have very little access to why payments fail other than that they do. And that its usually the cardholders fault. Not a big deal but that's the way it is.

This is a fairly small community where peeps aren't making a lot of money and its not always gonna turnaround as fast as you like so a bit of patience goes a long way. Being as ggg have been running for a while with good feedback from the community I don't think Randy is out to rip you off.

Either way - hope you resolve this and remember that it's not us against the suppliers - it's us against the aliens/bad guys/robotrons.

Peace out. I'm gonna finish my beer.

• Offline Offline
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2014, 08:23:38 pm »
Gonna step in here - probably against my better judgement but have some experience in these areas so might help alleviate.

I work in a fairly large surgical training organisation that takes card payments. We don't deal with the detail of the payments as we we're not big enough to make it worthwhile (<£2m).  We have very little access to why payments fail other than that they do. And that its usually the cardholders fault. Not a big deal but that's the way it is.

This is a fairly small community where peeps aren't making a lot of money and its not always gonna turnaround as fast as you like so a bit of patience goes a long way. Being as ggg have been running for a while with good feedback from the community I don't think Randy is out to rip you off.

Either way - hope you resolve this and remember that it's not us against the suppliers - it's us against the aliens/bad guys/robotrons.

Peace out. I'm gonna finish my beer.

I never said Randy was out to rip me off. As a matter of fact, I have made it abundantly clear more than once that not only was there no harm no foul but that I don't take this as seriously as some of the rabid GGG fanboys here. I did make it clear in this thread that I would have been more than happy to enter the order again, verifying the card number more closely the second time around if he only would have communicated with me. I posted how my attempted transaction went, It just seems that people are more mad about this thread than Randy is.  :lol

On the other hand, Randy likes to spew off about timestamps but fails to mention 2 emails nearly 2 days apart wasn't enough to get him to just respond to a simple question to get the ball rolling again. I got the impression he wasn't interested in my business. I wrote about it. His last two responses have proven that to me. Simple as that. :dunno

btw: your blip project is awesome.  ;D

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 08:00:17 pm
  • <insert personal text here>
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2014, 08:26:46 pm »
Do you understand that what people are miffed about is your thread title and the thumbs down right?  If so is it that you don't care and won't adjust you post even tho pretty much everyone has said that is what upset them about your post?

ed12

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2018, 03:44:39 pm
  • it is what it is..."Nobody Said It Was Easy"....
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2014, 08:54:23 pm »
this thread should be colsed and locked
it falls under u can please most of the ppl most of the time
but u cannot please them all..

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

• Offline Offline
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2014, 09:03:01 pm »
Do you understand that what people are miffed about is your thread title and the thumbs down right?  If so is it that you don't care and won't adjust you post even tho pretty much everyone has said that is what upset them about your post?

I'll play the role of Guybrush for a minute, What should i write as the subject instead? What icon should I have used? Should i have just used a headline such as "GroovyGameGear is really sheety at reading emails" ?

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2014, 09:12:48 pm »
why dont u just look at it  this way
a lesson earned..if u are not pleased with ggg i think we all get it...
so should u by now....
do yourself the fav and walk away

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

shponglefan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 15, 2022, 07:22:35 am
  • Correct horse battery staple
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2014, 09:29:19 pm »
Reading the OP, the initial impression is that maybe several days went by between emails.  But given Randy's timeline, it appears less than 24 hours.  IMHO, giving at least 24 hours for a response especially when dealing with niche vendors is reasonable.

Sounds more like a case of unrealistic expectations versus actual poor customer service.

• Offline Offline
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2014, 10:04:55 pm »
why dont u just look at it  this way
a lesson earned..if u are not pleased with ggg i think we all get it...
so should u by now....
do yourself the fav and walk away

ed

Walk away from what exactly? I posted what i wanted to a long time ago. It's others that continually bump the topic up. I've already made it perfectly clear that it's no skin off my back. If others want continually push the topic back up to the top to have a discussion or have some ill fated attempt at trolling me then that's all fine and dandy with me as well.  I'm a big boy, i can take some criticism.  :)

Reading the OP, the initial impression is that maybe several days went by between emails.  But given Randy's timeline, it appears less than 24 hours.  IMHO, giving at least 24 hours for a response especially when dealing with niche vendors is reasonable.

Sounds more like a case of unrealistic expectations versus actual poor customer service.

I already addressed this twice, once just a few posts up. Read my quote below:

On the other hand, Randy likes to spew off about timestamps but fails to mention 2 emails nearly 2 days apart wasn't enough to get him to just respond to a simple question to get the ball rolling again. I got the impression he wasn't interested in my business. I wrote about it. His last two responses have proven that to me. Simple as that. :dunno

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2014, 10:08:17 pm »
then it become simple
request the thread be colsed and locked
hence no more posting..hey to take the miky..thats what i do..
u made your point
be the big boy colse it

ed

• Offline Offline
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2014, 10:17:21 pm »
then it become simple
request the thread be colsed and locked
hence no more posting..hey to take the miky..thats what i do..
u made your point
be the big boy colse it

ed

Why? I posted what i wanted to and I have no problem responding to questions, comments and even angry GGG fans here. Closing it just stifles free expression. I don't have any regrets over what I posted and I never will. Part of being a big boy is owning up to what you say or in this case, what you post.  8)

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 09:00:13 am
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2014, 10:59:10 pm »
I think it's really weird you keep saying we're as bad as the KLOV guys.  I've probably spent 20 minutes on that board over the last 10 years over there and have no real opinion... but it does make one wonder what the hell you did over there to get run off....

:cheers:

• Offline Offline
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2014, 11:12:23 pm »
I think it's really weird you keep saying we're as bad as the KLOV guys.  I've probably spent 20 minutes on that board over the last 10 years over there and have no real opinion... but it does make one wonder what the hell you did over there to get run off....

:cheers:

Never been run off from KLOV. Hardly post enough for anyone to even notice me there. Just an observation really. I also didn't say everyone on byoac are like klovers but this discussion does bring up some correlation.  :cheers:

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2014, 11:20:26 pm »
no 404 u are a wack job..
no 1 went at u about it really...
stop eating candy dishs and think

but thk's to your last thought
>Why? I posted what i wanted to and I have no problem responding to questions, comments and even angry GGG fans here. Closing it just stifles free expression. I don't have any regrets over what I posted and I never will. Part of being a big boy is owning up to what you say or in this case, what you post.  <

i am sure we need a houmor forum..as u are tff..

for the record i am neither a kolv fan nor a ggg fan
i just find u tff for carrying on this way

ed :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

• Offline Offline
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2014, 11:29:00 pm »
no 404 u are a wack job..
no 1 went at u about it really...
stop eating candy dishs and think

but thk's to your last thought
>Why? I posted what i wanted to and I have no problem responding to questions, comments and even angry GGG fans here. Closing it just stifles free expression. I don't have any regrets over what I posted and I never will. Part of being a big boy is owning up to what you say or in this case, what you post.  <

i am sure we need a houmor forum..as u are tff..

for the record i am neither a kolv fan nor a ggg fan
i just find u tff for carrying on this way

ed :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

um thanks.... i guess... I mean, maybe i would write something a bit more cohesive if i could actually understand half of your posts in this thread. Still have no idea what 'colse' is.... :dunno

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2014, 12:00:25 am »
u still make me grin...
>close< cant fiq that out with your mighty mind ?
no wonder why your pre-paid-pay-card-was-refused
- inserted so u can read right
 :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: and  :soapbox: :soapbox:
still tff

ed

Hoopz

• Don't brand me a troublemaker!
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 09, 2024, 02:36:26 pm
  • Intellivision Rocks!
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2014, 09:39:27 am »

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2023, 11:39:06 pm
  • Build the impossible -"There is no Spoon"
    • DeLuSioNaL's YouTube Videos
Re: GroovyGameGear: And my experience with them
« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2014, 12:11:47 am »
[Thread topic updated by moderator to make it more politically correct]
Stop by my Youtube channel and leave a comment: