Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: GroovyGameGear: And my experience with them  (Read 21309 times)

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 04, 2015, 10:19:10 pm
GroovyGameGear: And my experience with them
« on: April 22, 2014, 11:35:11 am »
I'll try to make this one short. I haven't been scammed by these guys so technically, no harm no foul but it still amazes me how these guys are still around with this piss poor customer service that clearly has no intention of actually serving customers.

I place an order for some sticks and buttons etc. All good so far. right?
The following morning i realized that i missed something on my order. I email them back and they promptly add the item to my order; approximately 30 minutes from the time i emailed them. Fast.

Then they tell me that my card has been declined and request that i speak with my credit card carrier to sort the issue out and then get back to them in order to try again. I asked a simple question asking how i can view and update my credit card info in their store so we can get this sorted.

I wait for a response.......
and wait some more......

I email them back asking about my question....still no response.....

I finally get fed up and tell them that i ordered from another vendor now that they have no interest in answering a simple question and to cancel my order  I get an email response from groovy in less than 40 minutes after my last email stating that my order was cancelled.

Makes me wonder how these guys stay in business with such piss poor customer service?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 12:10:09 am by DeLuSioNal29 »

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:47:56 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
Re: GroovyGameGear: How Are These Guys Still In Business?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 11:41:10 am »
Why didn't you just re-order with the proper credit card details?  Give me a break, dude, this one is on you.

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 11:49:07 am »
Why didn't you just re-order with the proper credit card details?  Give me a break, dude, this one is on you.

Why would anyone refile an order while one is already pending? I wanted to see and verify the CC number on hand first. When i checked the profile page there was nothing there that allowed me to view any of my CC details. Give me a break, If this was a legit security issue, the least he could have done was communicate and tell me to place the order again. I would have understood that.

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 12:06:11 pm »
Because it looks shady as ---fudgesicle--- when a vendor goes in and modifies an order after it's been placed and they were too polite to tell you they were afraid you were attempting to scam them.

"How are these guys still in business?" and you aren't out any money?  C'mon.

:lol

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 12:09:53 pm »
Because it looks shady as ---fudgesicle--- when a vendor goes in and modifies an order after it's been placed and they were too polite to tell you they were afraid you were attempting to scam them.

"How are these guys still in business?" and you aren't out any money?  C'mon.

:lol

If this was a legit security issue, the least he could have done was communicate and tell me to place the order again. I would have understood that.

^^ Guessed you missed that part.

Just ordered from twistedquarter and didn't have a single issue, the communication is already light-years better and the price difference was negligible.

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 12:11:38 pm »
Oh, don't get me wrong, Randy's an angry nut, but c'mon. 

:cheers:

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 12:26:01 pm »
Haven't seen his angry side. Just the side that doesn't seem terribly interested in answering basic customer questions.  :dunno

Slippyblade

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 16, 2023, 11:39:51 am
  • And to the death god we say, "Not today!"
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 05:31:56 pm »
Bummer you had a poor experience.  I've had nothing but good experiences with GGG.  Communication does indeed sometimes take a little bit, but I've never waited more than a day for a response.  Pretty impressive when standard email support from MOST places says multiple days for responses.  Also, if you can't contact him via the website, PM him through here.  Has always worked for me.

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 06:02:20 pm »
Bummer you had a poor experience.  I've had nothing but good experiences with GGG.  Communication does indeed sometimes take a little bit, but I've never waited more than a day for a response.  Pretty impressive when standard email support from MOST places says multiple days for responses.  Also, if you can't contact him via the website, PM him through here.  Has always worked for me.

I actually put in my order because of your post in the reviews section. :)

IG-88

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2023, 08:29:46 am
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2014, 09:06:09 pm »
I've done quite a bit of biz with this guy. Have had nothing but a great experience every time. It's why I'm a repeat customer.
"I know what a HAL 9000 is... I was wondering if HAL 7600 was his retarded cousin or something..."
-HarumaN

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 08:00:17 pm
  • <insert personal text here>
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2014, 10:25:34 pm »
I think the thread title is dirty pool. You had a rather isolated incident on a very special case (most of us don't try to buy things with bad cards and just reorder from scratch if we do) and then open a flame post against the vendor.

Dirty pool indeed.

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2014, 10:45:18 pm »
I think the thread title is dirty pool. You had a rather isolated incident on a very special case (most of us don't try to buy things with bad cards and just reorder from scratch if we do) and then open a flame post against the vendor.

Dirty pool indeed.

Getting a little beyond ahead of yourself here. Who said anything about having a bad card? Regardless, we could have gotten to the bottom of this situation in question if only GGG had the common courtesy to actually respond back.

Dirty pool? Really?

Dirty pool would be waiting for a response on a simple question to troubleshoot an order and get things going, only to have the vendor refuse to respond. Dirty pool would be to sell products with zero customer service.

Seems one too many people here are butthurt that their favorite sponsored vendor is being called out for crap customer service. All I am doing is posting my hell experience I had with GGG. You're going to have to try a little harder than that, paps.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 10:48:22 pm by 404 »

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2014, 10:57:23 pm »
Hell experience? How much money were you out again? ---smurfing--- ---meecrob---.

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2014, 11:03:29 pm »
Hell experience? How much money were you out again? ---smurfing--- ---meecrob---.

I haven't been scammed by these guys so technically, no harm no foul

Reading comprehension clearly isn't your strong point.

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2014, 11:06:13 pm »

I haven't been scammed by these guys so technically, no harm no foul

Reading comprehension clearly isn't your strong point.

It was rhetorical to highlight your hyperbole. Clearly sarcasm isn't yours.

• Offline Offline
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2014, 11:09:20 pm »
It was rhetorical to highlight your hyperbole. Clearly sarcasm isn't yours.

Coming from someone who is clearly bothered that legit criticism is being volleyed at their favorite vendor.... The irony...

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2014, 11:12:18 pm »
Oh it's legit as all get out just evidenced by the number of people that have flocked to this thread in support and commiseration of your plight.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:02:22 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2014, 11:14:42 pm »

By providing awesome bits of customer service, like the time Randy resoldered the connection cable for my Turbo Twist and sent it back on his own dime, even though I was the one who tore the ribbon and he was under no obligation to do anything about it.

Sorry you had a poor transaction. That hasn't been my experience. In fact, I haven't had a bad experience with any of the vendors here, nothing I'd start a thread over.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

• Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2014, 11:18:02 pm »
Oh it's legit as all get out just evidenced by the number of people that have flocked to this thread in support and commiseration of your plight.

Riigghht so because you had good dealings with him, suddenly there is no possible way he could have done what I explained that he did..or in this case...didn't do.  ::)

You are desperately grasping at straws here. It would be another thing if you simply posted about your dealings with him. It's another altogether to call someone out because you don't seem to believe them.

• Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2014, 11:25:19 pm »

By providing awesome bits of customer service, like the time Randy resoldered the connection cable for my Turbo Twist and sent it back on his own dime, even though I was the one who tore the ribbon and he was under no obligation to do anything about it.

That's great to hear. I wasn't as lucky as to have the same customer experience.

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2014, 11:33:42 pm »
Randy has done a number of order corrections for me and even offered products that weren't on his website to me for special purpose controls I was building. He does get busy so normal small business response times are to be expected but well worth the wait in this purchaser's opinion.

• Offline Offline
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2014, 11:49:21 pm »
Randy has done a number of order corrections for me and even offered products that weren't on his website to me for special purpose controls I was building. He does get busy so normal small business response times are to be expected but well worth the wait in this purchaser's opinion.

He did an order correction for me too. In less than 1 hour from the time i first placed the order no less.  That's when he told me my card was declined. Then he stood on his hands for 2 days and refused to answer my question about my credit card issue. Last but not least, he took only about 1 to respond to my cancellation (which btw still shows up as a valid, 'processing' order on his website).

If you guys had good dealings with them, that's great. I'm not here to dispute that. I'm just posting my experience that i had ordering from them. It's nothing worth getting butt hurt over.

RandyT

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 03:33:28 pm
  • Friends don't let friends hack keyboards.
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2014, 12:12:49 am »
Yes, we do get very busy at times.  Monday was "catch up" day after driving 8-hours to spend the holiday with family (the first time in close to a year that we took the time off to make the trip). 

The first email on Monday was not intentionally ignored, but we did provide instruction as how to remedy, and it was not followed.  The second email came in at 7:38am the next morning.  After working into the wee hours of the morning every day, frankly, no one would get a reply that early.  If it was sent a few hours earlier, I probably would have answered right away.  The final one, indicating that the order should be cancelled, was 2 hours later at 9:35am.  By then, I had started answering other customer and tech support emails, so when it came in, it got an immediate reply.

No more to the story.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 12:24:10 am by RandyT »

• Offline Offline
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2014, 12:25:47 am »

Yes, we do get very busy at times.  Monday was "catch up" day after driving 8-hours to spend the holiday with family (the first time in close to year that we took the time off to make the trip). 

The first email was not intentionally ignored, but we did provide instruction as how to remedy, and it was not followed.  The second email came in at 7:38am.  After working into the wee hours of the morning every day, frankly, no one would get a reply that early.  If it was sent a few hours earlier, I probably would have answered right away.  The final one, indicating that the order should be cancelled, was 2 hours later at 9:35am.  By then, I had started answering other customer and tech support emails, so when it came in, it got an immediate reply.

No more to the story.

Odd considering I asked how i can possibly verify my credit card information the day before and you did not answer. In fact, you didn't answer twice.

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2014, 12:36:23 am »
Please re-read what I wrote.  By time I saw the second request emailed at 7:38am, you had already emailed the cancellation.   Not sure why a response was expected to anything but the cancellation at that point.

No credit card info is stored on internet accessible servers for security reasons.  Additionally, those who seem to demonstrate an aversion to contacting the credit card company, as requested, usually raise a "red flag" where possible fraud is concerned.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 12:40:44 am by RandyT »

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2014, 12:54:01 am »
Oh, don't get me wrong, Randy's an angry nut.... 

Heh....I'm getting a kindred spirit vibe.  Did we just bond? ;)

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2014, 12:55:45 am »

You guys just had a PBJ moment...

Generic Eric

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 09:02:23 am
  • Restore! Don't maim for MAME, build from scratch!
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,143226.0.html
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2014, 07:26:21 am »

You guys just had a PBJ moment...

• Offline Offline
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2014, 08:09:16 am »
Please re-read what I wrote.  By time I saw the second request emailed at 7:38am, you had already emailed the cancellation.   Not sure why a response was expected to anything but the cancellation at that point.

No credit card info is stored on internet accessible servers for security reasons.  Additionally, those who seem to demonstrate an aversion to contacting the credit card company, as requested, usually raise a "red flag" where possible fraud is concerned.

Now you are back tracking on your own comments here.

First you simply said you were backed up with emails, yet your timestamps don't show that. Now you are saying this is a security issue.  ::)

First, Had you actually told me that the first time around that card numbers are not stored and that for security reasons I could not view it instead of sitting on the email for nearly two days, that would have solved things more quickly. As i already mentioned about 3 times above, I would have no problems re-entering my credit card info if that was the case but nobody in their right minds would ever simply re-do an order like that, risking a double charge without communicating with the vendor.

The irony to all of this is that the card is a paypal debit card. If there wasn't something wrong with the information entered and the card was denied anyway, I would have received an email from paypal the very moment the card was used for the transaction. I didn't get an email, leading me to believe that the info i entered was somehow incorrect. It's just once again proving that communication would have gotten a long way in this situation had you actually opted to do so.

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2014, 09:26:31 am »
Meh, you aren't out any money.  Get over it.

• Offline Offline
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2014, 09:34:27 am »

Meh, you aren't out any money.  Get over it.

I'll try to make this one short. I haven't been scammed by these guys so technically, no harm no foul

First sentence of my first post flew right past you. There really isn't anything to 'get over' at this point.

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2014, 09:37:26 am »
You're the one with a thumbs down post in the review thread.

:dunno

• Offline Offline
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2014, 09:52:28 am »

Odd. Seems like I'm the only person not allowed to post my experiences with a vendor around here

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 07:29:48 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2014, 09:58:20 am »
Im not getting in the middle of this, but I think you may have unintentionally exposed your gmail address in that JPG.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

• Offline Offline
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2014, 10:04:04 am »
Im not getting in the middle of this, but I think you may have unintentionally exposed your gmail address in that JPG.

I only censored out my personal, forwarding email. the gmail account i left on there is the same one i registered here with; It's been relegated to a secondary account. Don't really care if people know my email.

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2014, 10:12:10 am »

Odd. Seems like I'm the only person not allowed to post my experiences with a vendor around here

HELP YOU'RE BEING OPPRESSED.    ::)

Not really, dude, we're just pointing out you're making yourself look like an idiot. 

Do what thou wilt.

• Offline Offline
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2014, 10:21:51 am »
HELP YOU'RE BEING OPPRESSED.    ::)

Not really, dude, we're just pointing out you're making yourself look like an idiot. 

Do what thou wilt.

Because i called out a vendor for his very suspect handling of an order? This coming from the guy that does far worse to Paradise and Ultimarc on a daily basis.... :dunno

8BitMonk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2023, 05:27:00 pm
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2014, 11:21:20 am »
Games: Asteroids Deluxe | Atomiswave | Centipede | Championship Sprint | Defender | Donkey Kong | Dig Dug | Frogger | Ikari Warriors | Missile Command | Pac-Man | Pole Position | Robotron | Spy Hunter | Tempest | Super Mario Strikers

• Offline Offline
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2014, 11:26:25 am »

Looks like some don't take posting a negative experience about their favorite vendor too kindly.  :dunno

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2014, 11:44:19 am »
Looks like some don't take posting a negative experience about their favorite vendor too kindly.  :dunno
Maybe they feel your experience is a bit atypical and that the title of this thread is too strong?

It's like when that guy had a bad experience with Twisted Quarter and people posted how that wasn't the type of service they had (myself included). His thread was titled "Twisted Quarter - Buyer Beware". People look through these threads for feedback on vendors, and when they see titles like those, it automatically raises flags that, quite frankly, may be unwarranted. Just a thought.

You have every right to post your experience, but I wouldn't fault others if they don't see it your way. We base our opinions on our own experiences. I personally don't have a favorite vendor (I've ordered from 'em all), so I can share my experiences as well, and they've generally been positive.