Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Starting Touch Screen Wall Mount - Software Question  (Read 4028 times)

bclinton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 12, 2014, 02:53:00 pm
Starting Touch Screen Wall Mount - Software Question
« on: April 18, 2014, 08:42:34 am »
Hi folks - I should be getting my touch free hanspree monitor today from Amazon so will be starting a new jukebox project. I have been doing some research on software and it looks like Etouch http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/ got pretty good marks. I tried to sign up for the forums 4 days ago and it still is pending admin approval. Do any of you use Etouch? Waiting 4 days to simply join a forum throws up red flags that the developer is not involved. What other front ends would you recommend I look at? Also, any references to design ideas for a wall mount would be great.

Thanks!

abispac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:26:13 am
Re: Starting Touch Screen Wall Mount - Software Question
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 11:56:01 am »
Hi folks - I should be getting my touch free hanspree monitor today from Amazon so will be starting a new jukebox project. I have been doing some research on software and it looks like Etouch http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/ got pretty good marks. I tried to sign up for the forums 4 days ago and it still is pending admin approval. Do any of you use Etouch? Waiting 4 days to simply join a forum throws up red flags that the developer is not involved. What other front ends would you recommend I look at? Also, any references to design ideas for a wall mount would be great.

Thanks!
im an etouch user, and can tell you barcrest its heavy envolved on etouch and he shows everyday almost on the forums.perhaps the signup didnt went as expected, he also cheks this forum regular basis. And as far as etouch goes, barcrest offers great support and seems to be a good guy.

bclinton

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 12:17:24 pm »

Thanks!
im an etouch user, and can tell you barcrest its heavy envolved on etouch and he shows everyday almost on the forums.perhaps the signup didnt went as expected, he also cheks this forum regular basis. And as far as etouch goes, barcrest offers great support and seems to be a good guy.

Thanks for the reply. Would you mind emailing him and ask him to approve my account? The user name is 'bclinton'. I couldnt see any way to email him directly.

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 12:56:16 pm »
mesage sent

bclinton

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 01:03:49 pm »

toeknee1973

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2017, 09:24:13 pm
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 01:24:22 pm »
I tried eTouch a couple years back but didn't really like. But I now use Touchjams and Love It!! It's normally like $50 but I've seen the price drop to $14.99 sometimes. Its well worth and very user friendly(I've sold a couple of jukes with TJ install, and All of them have love it). check out their website and download a free full demo.

bclinton

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 01:45:00 pm »
I tried eTouch a couple years back but didn't really like. But I now use Touchjams and Love It!! It's normally like $50 but I've seen the price drop to $14.99 sometimes. Its well worth and very user friendly(I've sold a couple of jukes with TJ install, and All of them have love it). check out their website and download a free full demo.

Thanks. I will look at that. I still have not been approved to join the forums of Etouch. Pretty strange. I think I will steer clear of that one. Thanks for the tip.

toeknee1973

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2014, 01:54:05 pm »
I just tested alot of free and not free jukebox softwares... so I did do alot of experimenting. But all in all...I;m good now.  :applaud:

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 08:41:55 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2014, 01:58:56 pm »
I'm still looking for a good video jukebox.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

bclinton

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2014, 02:00:16 pm »
I just tested alot of free and not free jukebox softwares... so I did do alot of experimenting. But all in all...I;m good now.  :applaud:

Did you use XP or Windows 7? What kind of hardware? I was going to use older Core 2 Duo MB out of a HP media center I had extra but have been thinking of going with a newer I3 if needed.  I am using this monitor http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FY9RKW8/ref=oh_details_o04_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 .

toeknee1973

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2014, 04:18:16 pm »
I've used both XP and Windows 7, but now I'm actually gonna just use W7 Lite. I'm adding Bluetooth to my portable jukeboxes so I can sync them to tailgaters that are also Bluetooth compatible. If i'm not doing videos, like in the first pic, then even a p4 will do. but i'd recommend a better cpu when running videos. check the touchjams min requirements.. 

bclinton

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2014, 04:23:22 pm »
I've used both XP and Windows 7, but now I'm actually gonna just use W7 Lite. I'm adding Bluetooth to my portable jukeboxes so I can sync them to tailgaters that are also Bluetooth compatible. If i'm not doing videos, like in the first pic, then even a p4 will do. but i'd recommend a better cpu when running videos. check the touchjams min requirements..

Thanks for the great info!

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2014, 02:50:49 pm »
touch jams looks alot like etouch 4, etouch 8 its very stable and the skins for lifetime suporter are great, not sure if im allowed to post them here but they are by far the best loking software for hobbist  even comercial. It takes sometime if you have a large collection,to set up, but once its done, youll have a full set of features that are worth.

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2014, 04:52:29 pm »
Im not so sure about it, but i  just read in the forum that  there are new members, wich lead me to think that the registration process its automatic, perhaps you got the confirmation email in your spam folder....

bclinton

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2014, 07:36:23 am »
Im not so sure about it, but i  just read in the forum that  there are new members, wich lead me to think that the registration process its automatic, perhaps you got the confirmation email in your spam folder....

I received the authentication email and clicked it. When I try to log on it says the admin must approve your account. Oh well....will just go with another package but I sure wanted to try that one.

bclinton

• Offline Offline
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2014, 07:59:25 am »

I received the authentication email and clicked it. When I try to log on it says the admin must approve your account. Oh well....will just go with another package but I sure wanted to try that one.

Here is what I get when I try to log in.

drventure

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:53:06 pm
  • Laser Death Ray Bargain Bin! Make me an offer!
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2014, 10:26:26 am »

No luck on that? I'm curious

I really like AlbumPlayer, but the video jukebox aspect of it isn't so hot.

Video in JRiverMedia Center is pretty good, but touchscreen support sucks.

For videos, I guess what I'm really looking for more than anything is a glorified YouTube bookmark tracker  :)

I mean, I +could+ download tons of videos locally and take up a ton of space, or just point to YouTube and play them in a window. :dunno

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 08:41:55 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2014, 10:33:33 am »

For videos, I guess what I'm really looking for more than anything is a glorified YouTube bookmark tracker  :)

I mean, I +could+ download tons of videos locally and take up a ton of space, or just point to YouTube and play them in a window. :dunno

I have over 700 80s era music videos that I've ripped from different sources on a hard drive in my jukebox. Currently, I use SimpleTouchFE as my front end. When you select music videos, it opens Media Player Classic on the secondary display and plays videos from a playlist in a random order. While I like this because it's MTV authenic (Bow Wow Wow followed by The Cars followed by Whitesnake followed by The Cure....),  I WOULD like the users to have some sort of control as to what would be shown next. I just haven't been satisfied by anything I've tried so far. I've sketched out what I want, so who knows. Maybe I'll attempt to write my own.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

bclinton

• Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2014, 11:52:50 am »

I have tried Etouch and Touch Jams demo. Both are ok but I am looking for an interface like the commercial player touch tunes. It seems the 2 I have tried are simple one touch screens. One touch to scroll with arrows and one touch to select songs etc.....No scrolling like a tablet scrolls. I have a 10 point Hanspree touch monitor and hate to waste it. With touch tunes you can touch an album and scroll by moving the touch left or right. I would like something that could do the same. Is there one out there?

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2014, 12:54:34 pm »

I have tried Etouch and Touch Jams demo. Both are ok but I am looking for an interface like the commercial player touch tunes. It seems the 2 I have tried are simple one touch screens. One touch to scroll with arrows and one touch to select songs etc.....No scrolling like a tablet scrolls. I have a 10 point Hanspree touch monitor and hate to waste it. With touch tunes you can touch an album and scroll by moving the touch left or right. I would like something that could do the same. Is there one out there?
Only real comercial software do that, and they are expensive...i love the way etouch skins for lifetime member are coming out, maybe barcrest should add this  features in the demo so he can have more customers.

bclinton

• Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2014, 01:25:20 pm »

Only real comercial software do that, and they are expensive...i love the way etouch skins for lifetime member are coming out, maybe barcrest should add this  features in the demo so he can have more customers.

I amm leaning towards Touch Jams right now becuase of the 1920X1080 skins it has available. Do you know if E-touch has the higher res skins. I also like the forums at Etouch. Touch Jams does not seem to have any forums for questions available.

mike boss

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2021, 01:19:45 pm
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2014, 03:27:59 pm »
I designed a skin for TouchJams, Bob said it is perhaps the best looking TJ skin available.
I redesigned it a lil while ago to support my new 23" Touch Screen All-in-1 PC.
I think it is the resolution you need.

Little Black Box was my original skin, I dont recall what I called the new one!

I'll be working on more skins at somepoint, so if the skin is your issue I'll probably be coming out with something in the near future. Thinking of a stainless steel look.

Barry Barcrest

• I'm only in it for the lack of money
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 09, 2021, 09:54:17 am
  • Simple Plan
    • E-Touch Jukebox
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2014, 09:31:52 am »
The account is approved it was flagged as a spammer and nobody messaged me to say you couldn't access, I don't come on here often.

Here is a shot of E-touch, think I might have posted here before.

Albums / Main Page

New Tracklisting Page

mebronx2000

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 15, 2023, 02:39:34 pm
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2014, 06:55:13 pm »
i have 30,000 plus music videos and i am still looking for a good software that handles music videos well !

Barry Barcrest

• I'm only in it for the lack of money
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 09, 2021, 09:54:17 am
  • Simple Plan
    • E-Touch Jukebox
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2014, 09:41:05 am »
i have 30,000 plus music videos and i am still looking for a good software that handles music videos well !

There are quite a few out there that will do that as long as you have a dual screen setup, videos are not suited to a single screen jukebox.