Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Multi Lightgun Game Arcade : USB2Gun with Recoil  (Read 49580 times)

4evervintage

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2019, 04:56:18 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Multi Lightgun Game Arcade : USB2Gun with Recoil
« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2018, 07:16:00 pm »
Thanks DudeRegular. I have been looking on the boards and installed groovymame correctly but have not installed Crt Emudriver and removed existing drivers. I am only assuming that this is my primary source of issues. I will read the tutorial's and get everything set up and post results here when I am done. Again thanks for your help !

Brian74

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2024, 01:55:58 pm
  • Yep... I built that!!
« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2018, 10:46:07 am »
Anyone know if v2.0 of the board will work?

Buhdee

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 05, 2019, 02:52:59 pm
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2019, 11:00:11 am »
How did you get off screen reload to work?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 03:11:57 pm by Buhdee »

Jollywest

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 23, 2024, 12:15:15 pm
« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2019, 07:16:48 am »
How did you get off screen reload to work?
Which games?

Itsmemario

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 03, 2019, 04:41:37 pm
« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2019, 03:30:11 pm »
Hi there,

sorry for the necropost, but I just stumbled across this for the 1st time.

As I cant pm (yet?) I would love to know more about this machine, as Id love to build one on my own.

1.)
I wonder if this was a "standard windows xp / vista" running on this machine ?

2.)
I really wonder what kind of system was used for the "USB Dongle" ?

I already found out the "community" found a way "around" for all Global VR products ?
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=129168.1920

3.)
What would be the total size of this game ?

4.)
Is there a way to play with different controls, like mouse or i-pac for example ?

5.)
And last but not least, I already googled a lot, but it doesnt look like as if the iso of this game is floating around on the net ?

Thanks in advance and highest regards.

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 02:35:07 am
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2019, 04:14:06 pm »
I cant pm (yet?)
You can now that your account has been auto-upgraded to Jr. Member.   :cheers:

And last but not least, I already googled a lot, but it doesnt look like as if the iso of this game is floating around on the net ?
Sorry, but we can't help you with this due to Rule 5:police:

Scott

vargas14617

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 14, 2024, 02:56:54 pm
  • Don't push the Red button! I pushed the Red button
Re: Multi Lightgun Game Arcade : USB2Gun - Recoil working
« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2019, 09:20:28 pm »
I've had quite a lot of time on the project over the last 2 nights and its definitely been worth it as we now have Recoil!!  ;D

Big thanks to Howard for helping with this, without Mamehooker this wouldn't have been possible.  :applaud:

So the manual wasn't very accurate with the version of board I'm using but Howard still managed to pull plenty of info from it for me to trial and error things.

As well as the Recoil there are a few other commands that may come in use.

One thing that may vary with the commands is the VID and PID, depending on which version of board is used. On the version I'm using the VID is &H1AB7 and the PID is &H6570. To find out this go to Device Manager, expand Human Interface Devices, right-click HID Game Controller, select Properties, click on the Details tab, select Hardware ID's from the drop down menu and they are in there. Adapt the following commands to suit.

The commands found are as follows and can be entered into the Mamehooker test box for global use or into a specific rom ini using the Mamehooker Script Editor drop down menu;

Player 1 Auto-Recoil:
  This command makes the recoil stay on and fires a single tap on a on-screen trigger press until Windows shuts down or until another recoil command is sent to the player 1 gun. This is useful for games that use a single-shot function.
ghd 1 &H1AB7 &H6570 8 &h04:&h00:&h01:&h00:&h00:&h00:&h00:&h00

Player 2 Auto-Recoil:
ghd 2 &H1AB7 &H6570 8 &h04:&h00:&h01:&h00:&h00:&h00:&h00:&h00

Player 1 Manual-Recoil: This command is useful for games that use a multi-shot function (for eg, T2) and can be put into a specific rom ini through the MameHooker script editor drop down menu, when Mamehooker finds a recoil output in a MAME game.
ghd 1 &H1AB7 &H6570 8 &h04:&h01:&h01:&h00:&h00:&h00:&h00:&h00

Player 2 Manual-Recoil:
ghd 2 &H1AB7 &H6570 8 &h04:&h01:&h01:&h00:&h00:&h00:&h00:&h00

Player 1 Turn-off flash: This command is only really useful in games where the screen tracks the guns movements accurately, these games are only games that have a high brightness colour scheme throughout the game on every part of the screen, for eg. NY Captor.
ghd 1 &H1AB7 &H6570 8 &h03:&h01:&h00:&h00:&h00:&h00:&h00:&h00

Player 2 Turn off flash:
ghd 2 &H1AB7 &H6570 8 &h03:&h01:&h00:&h00:&h00:&h00:&h00:&h00

Player 1 Turn on flash (1ms Duration): The third byte, &h01 in the case below changes the duration of the flash in milliseconds. For example, changing &h01 to &h05 will make the flash last for 5ms, &h010 = 10ms and so on. I'm not sure what the default is but I've set it to 1ms and its quicker and the gun still functions properly.
ghd 1 &H1AB7 &H6570 8 &h03:&h00:&h01:&h00:&h00:&h00:&h00:&h00

Player 2 Turn on flash (1ms Duration):
ghd 2 &H1AB7 &H6570 8 &h03:&h00:&h01:&h00:&h00:&h00:&h00:&h00

if I add this to test box

ghd 1 &H1AB7 &H6570 8 &h04:&h00:&h01:&h00:&h00:&h00:&h00:&h00

ghd 2 &H1AB7 &H6570 8 &h04:&h00:&h01:&h00:&h00:&h00:&h00:&h00

it works but I can't get it to work in mame what am I doing wrong? I edited current game which was area 51 but no recoil even after restarting mame. 

Jollywest

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 23, 2024, 12:15:15 pm
« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2019, 01:24:42 am »
Have you set up MAMEHooker as per the tutorials? >
http://dragonking.arcadecontrols.com/static.php?page=mhtutorials

vargas14617

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 14, 2024, 02:56:54 pm
  • Don't push the Red button! I pushed the Red button
« Reply #88 on: October 20, 2019, 09:47:26 am »
Ok progress.  Had to tell mame.ini osd to windows. Have recoil on gun one. Can’t get gun two to recoil

Update restarted machine no recoil. Frustrated 
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 12:35:44 pm by vargas14617 »

Purple Tophat

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 10, 2023, 06:55:15 pm
  • Will pay cash for working time machine
« Reply #89 on: July 16, 2021, 10:33:49 pm »
Hellllloooool!

Hoping that someone who can help will see this. I’ve been in the process of building this USB2Gun cabinet for a looooong time. I’ve had major health issues including being in a coma and the surgeon telling my wife they’ve done all they can for me but she needs to prepare herself for the fact that I’m probably not going to pull through. Then a week in ICU, 5 blood transfusions, months in a wheelchair…crazy and scary stuff. It’s been a long and difficult road back from there unfortunately, but I am still here!

Anyway, that’s sort of why things have taken me so long to get to this project done. Having this cabinet has been a dream for many many years and I’m GOING TO DO IT! With the help of user Jollywest (whom I can’t get ahold of at the moment), I have gotten my cab to the point where I have only two sets of issues remaining.

1. Calibration. I don’t even understand where I am supposed to go to calibrate. I know that each game supposedly has it’s own through F2, but is there a master calibration I am supposed to do first? If so, where would I find that and what do I do when I get there?

2. Recoil and screen flash duration through Mamehooker. I am using the version of the board that has the jamma connector so it has a different VID and PID than the one Jollywest was using (and different from the one that came in the America’s Army cab). I was able to locate the VID and PID but I have no idea how to enter that into the Mamehooker defaul ini file and what I am supposed to do with it. I tried following the instructions in this thread but I’m sure I got it wrong because it didn’t work. I’m way out of my depth on this.

I’ve tried to attach a couple of shots I took trying to show the VID and PID for my board as well as what I tried to enter into the default ini for Mamehooker but the files are too big. Here is a Dropbox link to the screen caps. I don’t know what I’m doing!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y0pvwvcbyjus1y6/AACb5MdA8A1I9BcdCog2jl6Ta?dl=0

This cabinet has been one of the great goals that I have had for myself to complete and when I got out of the hospital I told my wife I was going to finish this and finally have my dream machine one way or another no matter what. Can anyone help explain to me how to get this done? I’m SO CLOSE. I can play everything but my guns don’t shoot on the sides of the screen, the recoil doesn’t work, and I want to shorten the screen flash.

Thanks so much to anyone who can help me out!!! I really sincerely would appreciate help in finally finishing this project! I also want to show my wife that I’m not full of it and that I can get it done! 😁
Unbeatable Mortal Kombat Master

Purple Tophat

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 10, 2023, 06:55:15 pm
  • Will pay cash for working time machine
« Reply #90 on: July 18, 2021, 12:20:54 pm »
So I found the calibration screen and have gone through the process a bunch of times. The first time I track the crosshairs around the screen it goes all the way around. The second time it will not recognize the bottom 1/3rd and right 1/4 of the screen. Any ideas? Otherwise everything is calibrated fine. Just can’t shoot the bottom or right side with either gun. Any help?
Unbeatable Mortal Kombat Master

purbeast

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 07:28:13 pm
« Reply #91 on: June 24, 2023, 06:48:56 pm »
I know this is old but I am having issues with offscreen reload not working on my setup.  I just started messing with a usb2gun today and have it working fairly well in groovymame based on the info in this thread and others, all except the offscreen reload.

Just to clarify, this is a groovymame setup in a Windows 10 PC running at 320x240 resolution on a CRT and using Happ light guns.

Here is a video of it in action showing the issue.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/cKGxYjKx7vU