Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Skeeball Model  (Read 1488 times)

jimdeprado

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 16, 2024, 01:48:44 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Skeeball Model
« on: October 06, 2018, 09:32:12 am »
Hello,
I was very interested in building a skeeball machine, very similar to what thatpurplestuff and nickels did with their excellent builds.  Not having a lot of time (I am currently looking for work), I decided, the first step was to come up with a plan in Sketchup.  I remember thatpurplestuff saying that some of the dimensions from the drawings were a bit off and he had to change a few things during his build.  I think that I found and fixed a few too.  To that end, I have my model below.  The dimensions of the "Target Board" is 27.5x38, but when I put it in the machine, I come up with a big hole at the top between the top of the target board and the vertical piece coming down from the monitor housing (leaving room for the gutter ball return at the bottom).  I have looked at all the pictures to try and figure out what they did or if I am just screwing something up. 

Can anybody take a look at my picture and make a suggestion.  If you built a skeeball machine, would it be OK if I asked a few measurement questions.

Once I figure this part out, I will complete the ball return part.  Once I am done, I will be happy to share the Sketchup file with everybody.  I am into woodworking, so I have extensions for Sketchup that create a cutting list, layouts for cutting the sheets goods, etc.  I also plan on creating different views with all of the dimensions necessary for building.

Thanks in advance,
Jim

jimdeprado

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 16, 2024, 01:48:44 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Skeeball Model
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 11:46:32 am »
I just noticed that the top part with the screen doesn't overhang enough for lights, so I will fix that as well.
Thanks!
Jim