Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Roms not regestering wheel  (Read 1730 times)

daewoomofo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2014, 10:21:31 am
Roms not regestering wheel
« on: April 03, 2014, 12:46:56 am »
Hello I'm setting up a MAME driving cabinet.   I'm running MAME32 .90u1 and MALA 174.  The wheel I'm using is a V3 with a PlayStation to USB adapter.   The wheel has been configured to navigate MALA and does so nicely.  But when I start a game (I've tried Pole Position, Crusin USA, and a few non-driving games to check button function) the game doesn't respond to any commands.  It doesn't matter if I'm trying to set up the steering wheel (via Paddle Analog) or just trying to get it to recognize a button push for select, I get nothing.   I have used the "check" feature in MALA (as well as Windows tester) and all of the buttons/pedals/wheel work.   Is there something I'm missing here, is my wheel just for some reason not compatible with MAME? I appreciate any and all advice that can be offered.  Thank you in advance.

AMG KC

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 29, 2022, 05:33:52 am
Re: Roms not regestering wheel
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 01:44:48 am »
Thats quite an old MAME version, any reason youre not using the current model?

Last one i downloaded was .152x64 in the ui version.

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2019, 03:02:05 am
  • Brakes are overrated
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 03:59:03 am »
update your mame and you may need one that has direct input. its turned off by default and it has to be compiled with it on if you wheel is direct input. if you dont want to compile. a google search with these keywords will help find what you need

MAME 0.152 NoNag, Hiscores, CAVE & DirectInput

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 09:54:06 am
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 09:37:38 am »
enable joystick input in mame.ini