Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: xbox mod chip  (Read 1813 times)

Edgedamage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2018, 12:21:23 am
xbox mod chip
« on: July 01, 2004, 12:07:24 am »
Which is the best chip to get for the xbox?
Curls in the squat rack !?!?!

pointdablame

• I think Drew is behind this conspiracy...
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 09, 2023, 09:11:07 pm
  • Saint and Woogie let me back in!
Re:xbox mod chip
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2004, 02:12:18 am »
This question is bound to open up a can of worms, but I'll bite anyway.

I think the best CHOICE (not actual best chip) is the Xecuter 2.3b lite or 2.3b Lite +.  The lite is a solder chip, the lite+ is solderless.  Both are pretty simple to install, with the + being simpler obviously.  They are well known, work great, and have 2 banks for bioses, although so do many other chips.

Basically, this is really just opinion.  I've heard good things about almost every Xbox chip, and very few problems except for a few non-working chips/user mistakes/etc.
first off your and idiot

Man I love the internet, haha.

dema

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 02, 2014, 03:05:34 am
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2004, 09:03:32 am »
Which is the best chip to get for the xbox?

Xecuter chips seem to be the best. I like it.

dava_bran

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2004, 07:15:34 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2004, 11:41:58 pm »
soldeless is easy to install, but if u move yours around alot like i do i would reccomend a soldering it.  read up on diff chips they all pretty much do the same thing, some do a lil more.  its all about  preference.  i've used x2's since they came out and never had a problem, but thats only my opinion.

pointdablame

• I think Drew is behind this conspiracy...
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 09, 2023, 09:11:07 pm
  • Saint and Woogie let me back in!
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2004, 01:38:16 am »
I agree that if you have the time, patience and skill, solder chips are worth the time.

One hint though... I put in some Xecuter solderless chips, check and double check that they are seated correctly and put some hot glue on it.  The box has been moved around like crazy and doesn't budge.  Simple fix... but it works great.
first off your and idiot

Man I love the internet, haha.

Lilwolf

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2022, 10:26:34 pm
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2004, 09:52:34 am »
Any mod solutions allow for quick disconnect for xbox live?

I thought I heard one that you have a switch to turn it on / off... but couldn't imagine that it would work that well (MS seemed like they would store something on the harddrive about what has been on the system).

I think having an xbox + live in a cab would be pretty cool for online fighters.

Bgnome

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 10, 2005, 04:05:16 pm
  • Who's da gnome?
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2004, 10:42:54 am »
you can hook up multiple toggle switches or a switching chip to the xecuter to turn it on and off.  so far, this seems to work fine for live.

clanggedin

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 02, 2012, 11:08:55 pm
  • O'DOYLE RULES!!!
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2004, 01:24:41 pm »
The newer mod chips allow you to boot into either the chips bios or the default xbox bios. If you boot into the xbox bios then your chip is turned off and you can play xbox live with the ORIGINAL CD of the game. Too many people boot into their modchip's bios and try and play xbox live with a game they have stored on their hard drive.

That is when you get kicked off. I play all the time on Xobx live with my chipped xbox. I just make sure I have booted the default xbox bios and my mod chip led  light is off.

dava_bran

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2004, 07:15:34 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2004, 12:59:16 am »
Any mod solutions allow for quick disconnect for xbox live?

I thought I heard one that you have a switch to turn it on / off... but couldn't imagine that it would work that well (MS seemed like they would store something on the harddrive about what has been on the system).

I think having an xbox + live in a cab would be pretty cool for online fighters.

if u connect to live with your modchip on you will get banned, but theres a feature in the x24981 bios or newer that disable connecting to live but not sys link when the modchip is on.