Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: - VENDOR - Focusattack.com Arcade Parts Superstore  (Read 51037 times)

jmandmc

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2016, 05:19:07 pm
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
- VENDOR - Focusattack.com Arcade Parts Superstore
« on: March 02, 2014, 01:31:43 pm »
 Hi!

First off, I want to thank those in BYOAC for the warm welcome on a recent post in Buy Sell Trade thread.  I hope that we can serve you in the coming weeks and months. 

My name is Jaleel Beck - owner of Focusattack.com - an arcade parts retailer located in Northeastern PA.  For those familiar Street Fighter 4, the name was derived from one of the newest tactics implemented in the game.  We started in late 2009 as a humble eBay business, offering collectible merchandise such as fighting game art books, comics and figurines.  Over time, we evolved into supporting the Fightstick modding and building community, with import joystick parts, multi-console PCBs, wiring solutions, custom accessories and other unique items. The shop also embraces unique items designed by players right in that community.

Moving into 2014, we've gained a reputation for reputable service, quick communication and order fulfillment, and helpful tech support when needed. We won SRK's Tech Talk Company of the year in 2012.  Socially, we've gained 8500+ likes on Facebook, nearly 4000 Twitter followers, and over 5000 store newsletter subscribers.  On Facebook, we're thankful to receive positive testimonials from many buyers over the months since reviews were introduced. If anything, I hope this helps in trusting that our store is legitimate and aims to serve each of you well.

It's on that same level of service that I'd like to bring to home arcade, MAME and entertainment centers, growing into a resource that you can trust to get the parts and solutions you need for your dedicated arcade cabinet, supergun, and MAME cab.

To start, we're happy to become an official reseller of Suzo Happ arcade parts, and will begin offering their joysticks, buttons and cabling to the store.  In time, we will bring in IL parts. If there are specific IL parts that you are looking for, please let us know.

We're also glad to become a reseller of Ultimarc's unique arcade solutions, and will begin offering many of them stateside.

In the coming months, we hope to bring additional solutions for the arcade enthusiast - for Japanese style cabinets and American/Europe style.  Need an uncommon part from any vendor we currently use, such as a unique Sanwa, Seimitsu, or Happ Part?  We're accepting requests on a monthly basis, to which we add at least one or several of that product to the store once it arrives, categorized as a special order part.  This way, we save you and others time in ordering it again.  If it becomes a common request, we'll add it to the store as a common part.

An honest question should come up as I make an introduction here in BYOAC: Why go to focusattack.com?

• We offer reasonably competitive prices on joystick parts such as joysticks, buttons and balltops/battops. We may not have everything, but we strive to offer the best prices on what we have, and continue to grow.
  • Event-related sales, incentives to save.  Follow us to learn about events that we are part of and sales that come from it.  Look in a few weeks as we roll out a new feature that rewards you for sticking with us.
  • Domestic order fulfillment is fast. We usually ship within 1-2 business days of your order, or sometimes within 24 hours!  Internationally, we offer a service that shortens the usually weeks long time to deliver a shipment.
  • We share unique items from the community. Check our section "Made in the FGC" for a list of products made for players, by players!  We hope to extend this to arcade enthusiasts that are part of BYOAC under a new category.
  • Contests -- we often offer our products or other items as great contest prizes for players around the world!
  • Worldwide shipping: With few exceptions, we ship anywhere that USPS can deliver. We also ship to US forwarding mailboxes courtesy of BONGO.
  • Helpful, Quick Service - No one likes to wait...Have questions about your order? You can contact orders@focusattack.com and our coordinator Jenni will assist you. Any other questions? You can reach each department via our contact page or hit us up on Twitter, Facebook, or this forum thread.  Finally, you can call toll free at 1-855-95-FOCUS (855-953-6287) Monday through Friday 10a.m.- 5p.m. EST.  If no one is available at the time you call, you can leave a message.  We'll have your number on file automatically to call back.
  • On the fighting game end of things, Focusattack.com continues giving prize sponsorships to the tournaments, adding to the winner's pot, and participating in other community related events. If you have a gathering, convention or other event and would like a sponsor, please let us know and we can review.
As we gear up to serve you at BYOAC, bringing in the parts you want, moving into a new storefront and warehouse, redesigning the site later this year, and improving things all around, I hope that you'll check out focusattack.com sometime. 

Our latest store newsletter

Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 05:51:49 pm by DeLuSioNal29 »
Get what you need to win.

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
Re: - VENDOR - Focusattack.com Arcade Parts Superstore
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 01:47:41 pm »
Hi again,

Following the introduction, I wanted to share some news that you might find worthwhile.

If you own a Japanese arcade cabinet, or fancy Sanwa or Seimitsu parts, you'll want to take advantage of a 15% sale going on today.  We're a proud sponsor of SoCal Regionals, a premiere fighting game tournament going on this weekend.  You can save 15% on everything in the store by using coupon code FIGHTSOCAL14.  If you forget to use the code, no worries, as you still get 10% off your order total.  The coupon code gives you an extra 5%.

We're also introducing custom cut and etching services for Fightsticks called FA Plexworks.  We've teamed up with Foe Hammer Custom Joysticks to bring professional custom etching to commercial Fightsticks such as Madcatz, Hori and others.  This weekend, we're offering a chance to win a next-gen modded Fightstick that offers Xbox One, PS4, and older consoles such as PS3, Xbox 360, PS2, PSX, Xbox, and Dreamcast.  You can enter by visiting http://bit.ly/fa-etched.  Check out our growing category of supported fightstick panels at http://bit.ly/fa-plexworks.

What else may FA Plexworks offer?  We'd like to work with members of BYOAC to introduce cabinet marquee etching services.  If you are interested in a free cut and etching, please send a message to service@focusattack.com and we'll work out the details to make this happen.

For full details of our sale and giveaway, you can check out our latest store newsletter.

To watch the action of So, drop by http://twitch.tv/leveluplive

Thanks!

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 02:01:23 pm »
To members here, I have a question.  How do you add a graphic signature?  :dunno

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 03:28:04 am
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 04:05:07 pm »
Open up your profile and click on Modify Profile-Forum Profile.

At the bottom of the page is the Signature block.

Assuming you want banner.jpg on imagehost.com linked to your site:
Code: [Select]
[url=http://www.focusattack.com/][img]http://imagehost.com\banner.jpg[/img]
Linked text under the photo.[/url]

Which gives you a linked photo like this:

Linked text under the photo.

The same tags that work in the forums work in sigs.   ;D

The maximum number of characters is 400 -- my sig uses every one of them.   :o

Scott

mgb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 21, 2024, 06:18:13 pm
  • North East, US
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 04:19:04 pm »
Hey Jaleel,
 I just wanna thank welcome to the forum as I see you're somewhat newer here.

I just bought some Sanwa clear rim buttons and an MC Cthulhu from your shop a few months back.
I was very pleased with the service, price and shipping. I also shop with the other vendors present here on the forums but seeing how you're in PA and I'm in CT, I gave Focus Attack a shot
and was not disappointed.

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2023, 11:39:06 pm
  • Build the impossible -"There is no Spoon"
    • DeLuSioNaL's YouTube Videos
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 07:25:51 pm »
Hi Jaleel,

Just stickied this.  Welcome to the forums.  I too have to say that I've had a pleasant experience ordering some stuff a month ago.  Everything arrived quickly and the prices were great!  I also like that you're on the East Coast, since I live near New York City.  :-)

Welcome and best of luck!

DeLuSioNaL29
Stop by my Youtube channel and leave a comment:

Well Fed Games

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2022, 07:30:46 pm
  • Delicious!
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 09:58:31 pm »
Glad to have another proven vendor stickied on the site. Needed another Seimitsu stick so I just sent out an order.  :cheers:
Completed projects: Pac bartop (Plug & Play), 30th Anniversary Pac cab (MAME), Point Blank (PS1), Centipede (arcade hardware- light restore), VS. Super Mario Bros (arcade hardware- light restore) Tetris Cocktail (SNES), Arcade Classics upright (60-in-1, then MAME), Multi-Raiden (arcade hardware). Pac Man vs.(Gamecube),

Working on: Pinball Re-theme, Homebrew arcade arena shooter

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 10:40:42 pm »
@PLI - much thanks for your help.  Will set this up tomorrow. :)

@mgb, [size=78%]@DeLuSioNal29[/size][/size][size=78%] - I really appreciate the feedback and testimonial.  I believe that will help others here feel more comfortable shopping with us.  We'll be on the East Coast for a while.[/size]

@DeLuSioNal29 - thanks much for the sticky, and good luck wish!  Gonna need it.  :lol

@Well Fed Games - really hoping that we don't get this 1 foot of snow here.  Was supposed to start at 5 and we got a dusting. :D  Would like to get started from the 200+ orders from the SoCal weekend. :P

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 08:50:38 pm »
Hi all,

Just added the Sanwa JLW-UM-8-LB-30N Joystick to the store and found that, among other things, it mounts nicely into a Neo Geo MVS cabinet. :)

You can pick one up for $23.95!

We're contacting our Suzo Happ account manager tomorrow with an initial order for joysticks, buttons and Jamma harnesses.  Among them are Happ traditional convex pushbuttons, convex Competition buttons and related joystick, 1-4 player buttons in black or white, translucent pushbuttons, pushbutton wrench and hole plugs, Happ Super Joystick, and Pac-Man/Galaga Joystick Reunion Joystick.  On the IL side, we'll have the clear and translucent color pushbuttons.  Other IL products will follow in the months to come. 

That said, if there anything that you feel we should carry right away?  I'm talking to some members of BYOAC about parts they are looking for such harnesses, connectors, and control panels for American and Japanese cabs, but I'd like to hear from you.  If you have a moment, please drop a message to feedback@focusattack.com.  If we begin carrying that product, either as a special order product or common product, we'll ship it to you and two others that make the suggestion in order received free of charge, domestic or international.

Also coming is a new feature that we hope newcomers and longtime buyers will take advantage of, because it can help them earn some great discounts and free shipping opportunities. We'll announce as soon as it's ready.

Finally, we're relaunching "Snapback", a photo contest that awards a $50 gift certificate to the owner the best looking Fightstick or Arcade Cabinet.  We award $250 to the top 2 winners at end of this year.  Given the quality of work seen on BOYAC cabs both MAME and restored, I hope you'll enter for a chance to win.

Thanks for the support!

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:58:57 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2014, 11:10:59 pm »
I'd love to see colored dustwashers for purchase.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

mgb

• Offline Offline
  • North East, US
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 06:06:37 pm »
I like that you will carry happ / il stuff. I know your site is a bit geared toward Japanese parts and fight sticks, which is cool but its also good to have another source for American traditional parts.

I gotta go get some control panel pics into the contest.

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 06:31:40 pm »
I'd love to see colored dustwashers for purchase.

@yotsuya - We used to have Qanba, but the colors were limited -- white was the safest color to matching setups, if that tells you anything. :P  MadCatz - at the moment - is the only carrier of dustwashers that match the Sanwa color lineup, as they had them made for their TE accessory line

We'll keep tabs on developments for solid color dustwashers.  There are Sanwa translucent OBSC and Seimitsu solid and translucent dustwashers and shafts available for LS-58 now.  Was there another brand of joystick that you were looking for dustwashers?

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2014, 06:38:06 pm »
I like that you will carry happ / il stuff. I know your site is a bit geared toward Japanese parts and fight sticks, which is cool but its also good to have another source for American traditional parts.

We spoke to our Happ account manager, and will put in an order within a week.  This will begin our integration of American parts at FA.  Following that, we'll introduce some solutions from Ultimarc, including Gold Leaf pushbuttons.  We're also looking to pick up LED buttons for those who are looking for a simple lighting solution.  Over time, we'll begin rounding out our LED choices.  I know that is lacking at our store right now.

There are many other components that are useful to arcade cabinet owners, and I've enlisted help from a few forum members to ID more of them.  That said, I'm always looking for any suggestions you and others might have.

wp34

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 09:48:19 pm
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2014, 07:19:48 pm »

We spoke to our Happ account manager, and will put in an order within a week.  This will begin our integration of American parts at FA.  Following that, we'll introduce some solutions from Ultimarc, including Gold Leaf pushbuttons.  We're also looking to pick up LED buttons for those who are looking for a simple lighting solution.  Over time, we'll begin rounding out our LED choices.  I know that is lacking at our store right now.

There are many other components that are useful to arcade cabinet owners, and I've enlisted help from a few forum members to ID more of them.  That said, I'm always looking for any suggestions you and others might have.

Welcome to the forum.  Glad to hear you will be offering Ultimarc products.   :applaud:

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2014, 12:01:07 am »
Welcome to the forum.  Glad to hear you will be offering Ultimarc products.   :applaud:

I appreciate it @wp34.  We're glad to have the opportunity.

I wanted to comment on something.  I've spent most of my time working with Fightsticks, and to some extent arcade cabinets is a brave and challenging new experience.  I own a Neo Geo MVS 4 slot cab.  I don't pretend to know everything about it, but am learning every day. 

There are some that will make certain to correct something I say about a product, and that is fine.  For what I don't know, I will seek information and better understand it.  Someone on another board made the comment that I used the word "JAMMA" to represent a cabinet instead of the cable in our JLW product description.  Certainly worth correcting, as it was a mistake in wording when I wrote it. 

I realize that other businesses are also here and might take the opportunity to correct me on topics as well.  It might be seen as an opportunity to discredit.  Nonetheless, I welcome them to do so if I'm not saying something that is correct.  I won't pretend to know everything about a component, but as I did with Fightsticks, will seek help to understand, and gain experience. 

Right now, I'm hoping that you'll find our customer service and growing selection is worthwhile to check us out.  We've learned over time that service is most important.  It's why FA still exists since 2010.  There are just as many people that are trying to learn about Fightsticks and arcade cabinets as there are those who already have the experience.  For us good service means if we don't know the answer, we'll try to get it for you, and add that answer to our support knowledgebase so others can get that answer quickly.  It also means that if we can hire someone from BYOAC with the technical skills to help with our free tech support system, we'll try to do that as well.

Thanks!

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 08:00:17 pm
  • <insert personal text here>
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2014, 07:50:39 am »
I've been lurking your shop for a good while, glad to see you're getting active here!  Welcome!

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2014, 10:01:35 am »
I've been lurking your shop for a good while, glad to see you're getting active here!  Welcome!

Thanks!  I appreciate it -- understandably lurking is a what many might do if the parts they want aren't available at our store.  I'm hoping to rectify that in the coming weeks and months.  We may not have everything for a while, but will try to ID what is needed or desired by talking with you and others.  Again as suggestions come in by email or contacting us on Facebook or Twitter, if we get that product in, we'll ship one to at least 3 persons that made the suggestion in order received, free of charge. :)

Nephasth

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2014, 10:02:58 am »
Just curious... What benefit is there in ordering Ultimarc products from you instead of straight from Ultimarc?

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2014, 10:25:42 am »
Just a heads up, I'm not a big fan of vendor fights, so I hope we can all co-exist. There's plenty of hobbyiest cash to go around.

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:47:56 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2014, 10:32:47 am »
Nothing says "welcome to BYOAC" like a discount code.

:cheers:

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 07:31:21 pm
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2014, 12:39:31 pm »
Hey welcome to this forum. I'm a fan of Focusattack, and have bought a bunch of items from you for my fight-sticks in the past.  Nice to see you guys supporting more non-japanese parts now.  :cheers:

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2014, 02:44:46 pm »
Just curious... What benefit is there in ordering Ultimarc products from you instead of straight from Ultimarc?
For me, it would be to save on shipping.  If I order Sanwa parts it would be great to grab an i-pac and everything I need at one store.

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2014, 07:50:00 pm »

Welcome to the forum.  Glad to hear you will be offering Ultimarc products. 

Apreciated, wp34.  I spoke to Andy the other day to confirm Golf Leaf buttons.  He’s getting a new shipment of Black GL buttons, so we’ll hold off until he can get those. 

Nothing says "welcome to BYOAC" like a discount code.

Will a 6-Hour 15% off storewide sale do near end of March? 

I think we can work something out in the near future, especially as we roll out Happ and Ultimarc parts.  Other groups of new parts will have weekend sales as well.

I think that DeLuSioNal29 said it, though it really depends on location.  If you live in the UK or surrounding countries, it might prove worthwhile to order direct from Ultimarc.  If you live in the domestic US, North or South America, or on on the western hemisphere, you might it easier to order through us.  We may also have some parts that you need depending on your cab setup.

Just a heads up, I'm not a big fan of vendor fights, so I hope we can all co-exist. There's plenty of hobbyiest cash to go around.

I don’t like them either, and I’m not about to start them.  For those that might, I think here isn’t the place where it will be tolerated, at least not for long.  A lot older, more experienced people frequent this board than on SRK, I think.

And as you said, there is plenty of funds to go around.  Everyone has their favorite store, either from a great experience with them, or vast selection of parts in stock that people need.  Over time, I hope that we can accommodate both.

Hey welcome to this forum. I'm a fan of Focusattack, and have bought a bunch of items from you for my fight-sticks in the past.  Nice to see you guys supporting more non-japanese parts now.

Hey @opt2not - I appreciate the welcome.  We have what I hope are worthwhile initiatives to serve the dedicated and MAME arcade community, while still supporting fighting games and Fightsticks.  We’re planning to redesign the website to better represent this.

mgb

• Offline Offline
  • North East, US
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2014, 09:57:43 pm »
I agree with Delusional, buying Ultimarc parts from FA will be better shipping rates for many of us.
Now shipping times are gonna be hard to beat though. Somehow I get parts from Andy in like 2 days.
I'm really looking forward to this change that FA is going through and your attitude seems really good cool.
your correct too, this forum is a very different place than SRK.

jmike

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 26, 2023, 05:14:03 am
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2014, 10:06:34 pm »
 :applaud:   :applaud:

Welcome Jmandmc,
I've been shopping at Focus Attack since June 2012, got my first set of PS360 PCBs from you.
Never had a problem with any orders big or small. Glad to have you aboard here.
Can't wait to see the changes to your site.

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2014, 12:08:38 am »

I agree with Delusional, buying Ultimarc parts from FA will be better shipping rates for many of us.Now shipping times are gonna be hard to beat though. Somehow I get parts from Andy in like 2 days.I'm really looking forward to this change that FA is going through and your attitude seems really good cool.your correct too, this forum is a very different place than SRK.

If you are living in the US and get parts from Ultimarc from the UK in two days, that is nothing short of amazing.  :notworthy:  I need to find out what carrier Andy uses. lol

For the most part, I hope others will find that a US distributor for Ultimarc is helpful for them. 

On the topic of transitions, I've received much help from some in the forums to better understand the kinds of cables, harnesses, video converters, and other essential parts that are needed or wanted.  We'll gradually add each of them in sets based on anticipated demand.  Some have offered wiring and other solutions that are designed by themselves, and that's awesome.

I like SRK forums, though I miss seeing some of the older folks that used to be in there.  It's a much different place than it was a few years ago.

:applaud:   :applaud:

Welcome Jmandmc,
I've been shopping at Focus Attack since June 2012, got my first set of PS360 PCBs from you.
Never had a problem with any orders big or small. Glad to have you aboard here.
Can't wait to see the changes to your site.

Very glad to meet you, jmike.  :laugh:  Knowing someone that bought the original PS360 brings back memories -- some rough times when we took pre-orders for a restock, and Akishop was out of them for over a year. ::)  On that, I'm thankful for your support from back in the day until now.  Some good things are upcoming, I think.  We have a bit more space to hold inventory, and made some good connections to help along, so hoping this year is fruitful. 

Once new Happ and Ultimarc parts are in and we're set up, we'll have a sale and giveaway!  In the meantime, look for our third "Attack on Wake Up" 15% off sale by end of March, as we take the store down temporarily to move into the new warehouse/storefront.

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2024, 07:37:53 pm
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2014, 09:16:38 am »
I've ordered from Andy at Ultimarc and gotten my parts in 2 days, as well.  No clue how he does it.

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2014, 09:36:49 am »
@HaRuMaN, @mbg - are you both Domestic USA?

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2014, 09:50:14 am »

Yes

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2014, 09:51:50 am »
Yes, he lives close to a shipping hub.  Open up a shop in St. Louis and you'll experience the same.

Where's that discount code?

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2014, 10:00:54 am »
Yes, he lives close to a shipping hub.  Open up a shop in St. Louis and you'll experience the same.

Where's that discount code?

That may explain it - didn't realize the shipping there was so efficient. 

We ran a 3 day sale last weekend, and another one coming at end of month.  I'd like to introduce a introductory coupon code for members here as soon as we get the Happ and Ultimarc parts in stock. 

We have another feature coming that will allow you to get special product and shipping discounts by continuing to shop with us.   Once that is available, we'll announce it here.

Thanks!

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2014, 10:47:32 am »
If you make the discount code STFUPBJ, I will buy something guaranteed.  :cheers:

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2014, 10:58:59 am »
Hi all,

Talked to Andy - it's quite true that UK positioning and no VAT makes it advantageous to ship from Ultimarc.  I've also learned some things that were not known before, and talking with Andy to sort them out.  Thanks!

@yotsuya - ^_^;;

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:20:30 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2014, 11:43:17 am »
If you make the discount code STFUPBJ, I will buy something guaranteed.  :cheers:

me too.  STFUX2 is also socially acceptable.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

Hoopz

• Don't brand me a troublemaker!
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 09, 2024, 02:36:26 pm
  • Intellivision Rocks!
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2014, 12:18:50 pm »
me too.  STFUX2 is also socially acceptable.
Hmmm, may have found my next password with that one....

mgb

• Offline Offline
  • North East, US
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2014, 12:48:23 pm »

Yeah, I'm in CT. I believe Andy uses DHL.
I get parts from him quick but shipping is a little more.
I always get parts from Bob Roberts in 2 days too but he's in LA. so it's not as amazing.

Will you be carrying the cheapie $10 jamma harnesses. I prefer them over the more expensive routed ones you carry

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2014, 02:24:31 pm »

I always get parts from Bob Roberts in 2 days too but he's in LA. so it's not as amazing.

Will you be carrying the cheapie $10 jamma harnesses. I prefer them over the more expensive routed ones you carry

We're looking into different JAMMA harness solutions.  We haven't carried them yet, however.  Can you refer me to what product you are mentioning?

mgb

• Offline Offline
  • North East, US
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2014, 03:34:56 pm »

We're looking into different JAMMA harness solutions.  We haven't carried them yet, however.  Can you refer me to what product you are mentioning?

These http://www.focusattack.com/custom-color-joystick-harness/
I usually buy the $10 jamma harness from Jammaboards.com and hack it for my needs.
I'm perfectly capable of making my own harnesses but for $10 or so, I prefer this way.

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2014, 03:54:04 pm »

These http://www.focusattack.com/custom-color-joystick-harness/
I usually buy the $10 jamma harness from Jammaboards.com and hack it for my needs.
I'm perfectly capable of making my own harnesses but for $10 or so, I prefer this way.

I see now.  These are made mainly for fightstick customization, as opposed to JAMMA cabling.  We do sell individual wiring of .110 and .187 sizes with QCDs, but when we offer JAMMA harnesses, we would start with Suzo Happ's and go from there.

We're working with a few people to create an essentials list of items that are worthwhile to offer at the store - products that you may find worthwhile to have.   I'm always up to suggestions for unique or common items that you believe that we should carry. :D

roknrol

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 01, 2023, 05:04:35 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2014, 10:48:43 am »
My very first BYOAC parts order was placed through Focus Attack last fall. They had some hard-to-find (domestically) parts I wanted and their shipping costs were very reasonable. Everything arrived quickly and well boxed. I remember wondering at the time why FA wasn't a featured vendor (or much discussed at the time) on this forum, but I'm glad for the positive experience and I'm glad you're announcing your presence!

I'm sure these are on your radar, but the Ultimarc parts I'd love to see you carry are J-Stik (Sanwa JLW-TM-8), I-PAC2, and PACLED64.

Best of luck as your grow your store!

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2014, 07:00:38 pm »
@roknrol Thanks for the positive feedback and well wishes!  Understandably, we didn't have as much to offer the BYOAC members.  It is quite different from fighting games in which the Fightstick is a central element.  There are many more pieces that go into a cab.  I'm hoping that we can extend our services and customer experiences into BYOAC in the coming weeks. 

As you mentioned, parts like the Ultimarc J-Stik I-PAC2 and PACLED64 are items that we hope to carry.  There are some additional details to be worked out, and it's recognized that they have both fast shipping and member of BYOAC that assists with domestic transactions.  For that, I hope to keep any existing BYOAC interactions with Ultimarc as normal as possible.  Everyone has their favorite store, so I think we can all work together for success in the fighting game and home coin-op community.

Over time, we'll begin introducing new products that are made from members of both communities, as we extend the "Made in the FGC" category to cover this and others.

"Snapback" Fightstick and arcade cab photo contest will return over this weekend.  We're also running a beta text and email notification feature for restocked items, starting with mobile and later moving to desktop.  Finally, we hope to introduce a program for registered customers to get even more from their purchases over time.  We'll have that announced in the coming weeks.

Thanks again!

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2014, 07:10:53 pm »
I wanted to ask a question for members here.

In the fighting game scene, there are annual tournaments and smaller events that are held, such as NorCal/SoCal Regionals, Winter Brawl, and the most popular - EVO.  It provides a great opportunity to support the genre through our own special sale events and sponsorships.

Are there similar televised gatherings for the home arcade community?  Perhaps a stream of a convention or event chance to show off some restored or custom designed cabs?  Are there domestic and international conventions that many try to visit? 

I ask because I don't want to pretend to know this, and hoped for an opportunity to support them.

Thanks in advance!

opt2not

• Offline Offline
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2014, 07:20:40 pm »
I'm not sure the custom cabs are really a focal point -- more like restored or preserved cabs.   

The big ones on this side of the continent are:

Northwest Pinball and Arcade convention
California Extreme
and coming up in April is Zapcon

These are the ones I know of, I'm sure there might be more, but I mainly pay attention to these.

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2014, 07:36:13 pm »
I'm not sure the custom cabs are really a focal point -- more like restored or preserved cabs.   

The big ones on this side of the continent are:

Northwest Pinball and Arcade convention
California Extreme
and coming up in April is Zapcon

These are the ones I know of, I'm sure there might be more, but I mainly pay attention to these.

Hey I appreciate the referrals.  I can understand that restored cabs would have much more appeal in a convention setting.  Will check these out. 

BTW: I saw your artwork thread.  Very skilled with the pencil and vector art!  Over time I'd like to engage in some commissions with you as we roll out some new projects with a vinyl printer.  We also have a mascot that hasn't been revealed publicly yet, but would like to flesh her out at some point in the near future. 

opt2not

• Offline Offline
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2014, 08:26:01 pm »
BTW: I saw your artwork thread.  Very skilled with the pencil and vector art!  Over time I'd like to engage in some commissions with you as we roll out some new projects with a vinyl printer.  We also have a mascot that hasn't been revealed publicly yet, but would like to flesh her out at some point in the near future.
edit: crap. actually, I'm really busy these days trying to catch up with other member commissions.  I have 3 major outstanding ones that I would like to get done by the summer, one of which needs to be done by April...and I've got a wait-list started that just seems to keep getting longer and longer. Too many awesome concepts for cabinets! Since I do this as a side-thing, time is definitely a constant fleeting thing, so I will need to start turning down commissions till I can catch up.  My apologies jmandmc!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 05:00:36 am by opt2not »

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2014, 07:31:02 pm »
edit: crap. actually, I'm really busy these days trying to catch up with other member commissions.  I have 3 major outstanding ones that I would like to get done by the summer, one of which needs to be done by April...and I've got a wait-list started that just seems to keep getting longer and longer. Too many awesome concepts for cabinets! Since I do this as a side-thing, time is definitely a constant fleeting thing, so I will need to start turning down commissions till I can catch up.  My apologies jmandmc!

Wow - I thought that I replied to this already!  ;D  Sorry about the delayed response.  Really it's not a problem.  Our company rep/mascot is something that we can work on much later.  I'm pooling artists that may have time to look into it, but it's not a critical project.  As for side things, I can definitely relate, though slowly moving towards the business as full time if conditions continue to improve and a number of financial goals are addressed first.  The storefront is a helpful means, as we can hire additional employees to help with orders.

In any case, I'll be glad to work with you when you have time.  :cheers:

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2014, 07:48:53 pm »
Hi all,

As we ramp up an order with Happ and other stores, I'd like to ask a question about JAMMA cables.

In your experience, are JAMMA cables and harnesses normally sufficient in your existing setups that the only need for buying them is replacement? 

Do you often purchase kick harnesses, or desire harnesses that have the extra kick buttons integrated?

What JAMMA adapters do you often find necessary because a new board you purchased requires it?

I appreciate any replies!  I'm working with some folks that are providing advice, but wanted to get a consensus from others at BYOAC.

Thanks!

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2014, 08:54:58 pm »
I replace harnesses a lot with some of the cabs Ive bought. They are usually hacked to death.  That being said Im really starting to hate the chinese harnesses, the ones with the ends heat shrunk to the jamma edge connector, Ive had wires come out quite frequently. I prefer the ones that go into the edge connector and are typically blue but they are always around $30 which is just a bit much.

I have also used new looms for project cabs like Hung Donkey and will be using one in my Mini MsPacman (mom's graduation gift)

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2014, 11:06:56 am »
I replace harnesses a lot with some of the cabs Ive bought. They are usually hacked to death.  That being said Im really starting to hate the chinese harnesses, the ones with the ends heat shrunk to the jamma edge connector, Ive had wires come out quite frequently. I prefer the ones that go into the edge connector and are typically blue but they are always around $30 which is just a bit much.

I have also used new looms for project cabs like Hung Donkey and will be using one in my Mini MsPacman (mom's graduation gift)

Good information, @Malenko.  Regarding the ones you prefer, does it look somewhat like this?

I received some worthwhile advice from another member here as well.  We'll begin taking some of that information to better understand what some here actually need.  We'll start slow and simple.  I recognize that we won't have everything yet, but we'll slowly begin to add based on what we learn from each of you, to best accommodate what is most needed or desired.  From there I hope we can offer good service to go along with the growing selection.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2014, 01:33:57 pm »
I meant to say my moms retirement gift, not graduation,lol

I prefer the connector be like this:
www.ebay.com/itm/121207814993 (3rd picture)

The picture you posted looks like the wire ends are shrink tubed to the connector, which is what I *personally* no longer like.

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2014, 01:42:39 pm »
I meant to say my moms retirement gift, not graduation,lol

I prefer the connector be like this:
www.ebay.com/itm/121207814993 (3rd picture)

The picture you posted looks like the wire ends are shrink tubed to the connector, which is what I *personally* no longer like.

Very helpful here.  And yes, I saw that the example I provided has

We have a few ideas on this now, and will see about potentially offering solutions that work for those who need an immediate install, and those who want to create their own. 

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2014, 03:14:57 pm »
Who's "we?"

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2014, 03:25:41 pm »
Who's "we?"

Myself and staff at FA.  On the surface, it's myself and Jenni in fulfillment.  I work with some additional people offline for research, development and consultation.   

nugarp

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2024, 06:35:34 pm
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2014, 04:10:13 pm »
Yes!! I bought from you guys once before and shipping was fast and prices were great. You're in PA and I'm in MD but I had to resort to other places for all of my happ & ultimarc needs. Definitely try to get in Aimtrak (and accessories) stock! I've found myself waiting a month each time I've ordered from other places...reading this thread I should have ordered direct from Andy, though. With both of those needs taken care of, you have a new permanent customer :D.
Wheel2XInput | HDRecoil | LeaderLamps | NetLauncher | Discord | Youtube

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2014, 10:47:33 pm »

Yes!! I bought from you guys once before and shipping was fast and prices were great. You're in PA and I'm in MD but I had to resort to other places for all of my happ & ultimarc needs. Definitely try to get in Aimtrak (and accessories) stock! I've found myself waiting a month each time I've ordered from other places...reading this thread I should have ordered direct from Andy, though. With both of those needs taken care of, you have a new permanent customer :D .

Hey thanks for the good vibes, @nugarp. :applaud:  Will try to see about an initial order that covers some ground with both Happ and Ultimarc.

I'm in the early stages of a site redesign, with emphasis on improving navigation, becoming more responsive to mobile and tablet, and simplifying the overall look and feel.  Trying moving away from the Street Fighter graphics - we still embrace that, but we can't keep using them.  :laugh:  I'm also improving photos for most products, having them professionally taken.  The site will place emphasis on the solutions you need and want, and make it easier to find and order them.

Among other things to look forward to is email notification upon restock, and another feature I hope that you'll find worthwhile as you shop with FA.

Thanks for the support!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 11:26:51 am by jmandmc »

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2014, 11:29:09 am »
Who's "we?"

I got word as to why it's best not to say "we" in future posts.  Thanks for the member who offered the tip.  There is more than one person at FA, but if I'm posting here, it makes sense to just represent myself.

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2014, 12:29:45 pm »
Hey guys,

I apologize for what seems like a lack of updates in the last week or so.  Part of that is due to an upcoming business relocation that will occur this weekend.  I hoped to take this opportunity to update you on a few things.

First is the store relocation.  FA has grown since its humble beginnings in 2010, when I was operating out of a single room back and an eBay store.  Today, I'm happy to prepare the business to move into a small warehouse in a newly built campus.  You can see some early photos of the storefront and warehouse on my facebook page.

I think that's where all business want to end up as they move forward.  A larger space provides better, more organized storage of inventory, ability to buy and use larger production machines for custom services, and hire additional staff.  All of these things will benefit you as I can roll out new and better experiences.

To deal with the move, I'm temporarily closing the store on 12:00am Friday, March 28, and re-open on Tuesday, April 1 at 8:00am.  If by chance you placed an order before Friday, it will be processed and shipped on Friday.  I'm officially moving inventory the following day, and working with Jenni on Sunday and Monday to perform a quarterly physical check of all inventory.

If you have visited the store before, you will see a notice indicating that the store is closed.  Access to customer accounts will be temporarily suspended.  Everything returns to normal on Tuesday.

You might be familiar with a sale that I run at any time that the store must go down.  The sale is called "Attack on Wakeup" - a popular tactic used in fighting games.  It is a 6-hour sale that discounts 15% off any product or service at focusattack.com.  Because the store will reopen on a workday instead of a weekend when other ATOW sales have run, I will run ATOW4 on Saturday, April 5.  The sale lasts from 10:00am  to 4:00pm (US EST).  For those who have a use for the parts currently available at FA, you'll score 15% off everything that is in stock.  No need for a coupon code.

These ATOW sales run every quarter as Jenni and I spend a day to physically checking inventory and sending a report to the accountant.  It's a great way to take advantage of a 15% off storewide deal. 

In other developments, I'm creating an order with Suzo Happ now that all pricing is finalized.  Ultimarc will follow with some of the useful parts that might be worthwhile to fellow players domestically.  I'm aware of Ultimarc's shipping capabilities.  I can only hope that FA can serve you by providing some parts that you find useful from both companies. 

Following delivery, I'd like to have some professional photos taken, then listed at the store in a proper category.  This may push things back a bit, but hopefully when all is released you'll take advantage of it, knowing that order turnaround will be quick and inquiries will be answered promptly.

There are a number of things going on behind the scenes that I think you'll find worthwhile when released.  As always, I'm open to any suggestions you might have, and appreciate the support to bring Focusattack.com to where it is now. 

« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 12:56:58 pm by jmandmc »

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2014, 12:44:01 pm »
Still hoping for a STFUPBJ discount code!  >:D

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2014, 12:56:27 pm »
Still hoping for a STFUPBJ discount code!  >:D

lol I can't promise that, but coupon codes can be anything.  :)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 01:14:41 pm by jmandmc »

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2014, 10:12:48 pm »
Hi all,

Just a quick update on the storefront and some new features.

After a few months in planning and preparation, I'm happy to announce that Focusattack.com has a new home.  Located in Allentown, PA -- about 10 minutes from the original location - the small business warehouse and office has space to grow, and an opportunity to hire additional workers. New purchases include extra racks for Suzo Happ and IL parts, a sliding storage system for extra inventory, a packing table and shipping table with dedicated workstation. The goal is to further improve on the products and services that FA can offer the arcade enthusiast.  Here is a partial panorama shot of the warehouse setup.

More photos are available on Facebook.

I also wanted to remind you of the "Attack on Wakeup Sale" going on this Saturday, April 5 from 10am to 4pm US EST.   During that time, you can score 15% off retail on anything in the store.  There's an opportunity to net an extra 10% off if you play around with coupon codes -- you'll want to thank PBJ first. :)

Another feature that should have been part of the store for a long time is restock notification.  When something is out of stock, you can now subscribe to receive a single email or text/SMS notification once the item is restocked.  The email or text will contain a link directly to the product in question.  You can subscribe on focusattack.com's desktop or mobile site.  Note that emails and texts are sent only once when restocked.  You won't receive repeated notifications if the product is restocked again.

This is not a built in store feature, so I am beta-testing the service.  As a result may be some hiccups along the way, but once finalized should work quite well.

During Attack on Wakeup 4, I'm holding a contest -- a chance to win one of two 1/12 scale model Japanese Vewlix arcade cabinet featuring Atlus' Persona 4 Arena Ultimax Ultra Sulex Hold or one Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition:D  I'll have details later this week as the contest nears.  It's pretty simple to enter if you're on social networks Facebook or Twitter.

I wish these were real cabinets, but that contest will have to wait for another day. :laugh:

I hope you'll check out the store this weekend to take advantage of the sale, plus drop by in the coming weeks.  Suzo Happ inventory should arrive by end of April or sooner, and I'll work to get listings up and running by then.  Other solutions are coming as well.  I'm working to get most of the product photos retaken after that so they look more professional, and colors match up more accurately.

Thanks for the support!

roknrol

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 01, 2023, 05:04:35 pm
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2014, 10:24:11 am »
@ pbj: Thanks! You just saved me some scratch!  >:D

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2014, 11:09:57 am »

Glad someone got the joke. :)

FA's "Attack on Wakeup" 6-Hour Super Sale is on now, and runs until 4pm this afternoon.  A lot of people jumped on orders in the past hour, so please forgive me if something is already out of stock. :P

Also wanted to announce that the 1/12 scale model giveaway is on!  To enter, follow one the the links based on your preferred social network:
Enter using FacebookEnter using Twitter

Good luck, and thanks for the support!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 03:07:39 pm by jmandmc »

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Online Online
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2014, 02:40:18 pm »
+1 and thanks to Yotsuya for suggesting such a memorable code -- didn't even have to look it up when I placed an order. :lol

Great site, jmandmc.  Very easy to browse and shop.   :applaud:

One minor inconvenience, though: Using Firefox browser with cookies enabled, there is a banner across the top reading
The cookie settings on this website are set to 'allow all cookies' to give you the very best experience. Please click Accept Cookies to continue to use the site.

The banner covers up the links across the top that aren't elsewhere on the page.
My Account    Order Status    Wish Lists    Gift Certificates    View Cart    Sign out

Workaround for Firefox users with this issue is to change menu item View - Page Style to "No Style" which allows you to see those links.

Scott

EDIT: Click on the "accept cookies" button -- it didn't change my browser settings, but did make the banner go away.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 06:31:51 pm by PL1 »

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2014, 03:21:41 pm »
+1 and thanks to Yotsuya for suggesting such a memorable code -- didn't even have to look it up when I placed an order. :lol

Great site, jmandmc.  Very easy to browse and shop.   :applaud:

One minor inconvenience, though: Using Firefox browser with cookies enabled, there is a banner across the top reading
The cookie settings on this website are set to 'allow all cookies' to give you the very best experience. Please click Accept Cookies to continue to use the site.

The banner covers up the links across the top that aren't elsewhere on the page.
My Account    Order Status    Wish Lists    Gift Certificates    View Cart    Sign out

Workaround for Firefox users with this issue is to change menu item View - Page Style to "No Style" which allows you to see those links.

Scott

P.S. Changing Page Style to No Style adds "Loading... Please wait..." underneath the banner text.

Hope that helps in troubleshooting the issue.

I've seen that before.  When you first visit the site, or clear your cookies from the site, this appears until you click "Accept Cookies".  So on Firefox the message does not go away when you click "Accept Cookies", or upon refresh?

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Online Online
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2014, 06:25:48 pm »
Nevermind.   :embarassed:

I selectively enable cookies for certain domains instead of clicking on those "accept cookies" buttons because some sites use that to change your browser settings and Mom taught me not to take cookies from strangers.   :lol

Your site's button just sets an "ACCEPT_COOKIE_USAGE" cookie which is what the banner was apparently looking for -- instead of recognizing the 18 other cookies related to your site.   ::)

Scott

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2014, 08:17:37 pm »

Happy to help.

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2014, 08:59:08 pm »
Nevermind.   :embarassed:

I selectively enable cookies for certain domains instead of clicking on those "accept cookies" buttons because some sites use that to change your browser settings and Mom taught me not to take cookies from strangers.   :lol

Your site's button just sets an "ACCEPT_COOKIE_USAGE" cookie which is what the banner was apparently looking for -- instead of recognizing the 18 other cookies related to your site.   ::)

Scott

Ah - Since the site is on BigCommerce, I'm not certain what they are using for cookies.  Then again, cookies are like program variables.  The other 18 that are used likely assist with other elements of the store, and the 19th you picked up could be specifically for purchases.  It was recently required that all e-tailer sites have this cookie for first-time visitors.

Goz

• KOTA
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 03, 2020, 02:23:18 am
« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2014, 10:48:26 am »
A friend referred me to Focus attack who is an admin here and I have probably placed 5 orders through them and all of them exactly what I wanted and shipped quickly. This in my opinion is a premium vendor.

That's my post for the year see ya folks.

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2014, 10:55:56 am »
A friend referred me to Focus attack who is an admin here and I have probably placed 5 orders through them and all of them exactly what I wanted and shipped quickly. This in my opinion is a premium vendor.

Hey a big thanks, Goz. :) That's the kind of experience I hope to offer with members here, when it comes to parts and solutions that are needed or wanted. 

Goz

• KOTA
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2014, 05:19:44 pm »

Hey a big thanks, Goz. :) That's the kind of experience I hope to offer with members here, when it comes to parts and solutions that are needed or wanted.

Another nod to a different vendor Haruman Customs who CNC'd me a ViewLix based cab and its awesome. It's not thread crapping if I tell you that the controls, buttons, ball tops, etc all came from Focus Attack.

Damn I think that makes two posts in 2K14

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2014, 05:25:40 pm »

Another nod to a different vendor Haruman Customs who CNC'd me a ViewLix based cab and its awesome. It's not thread crapping if I tell you that the controls, buttons, ball tops, etc all came from Focus Attack.

Damn I think that makes two posts in 2K14

haha!  Glad you felt like two posts.  Would be cool to see the Vewlix cab you had designed from Haruman. 

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2014, 09:56:16 am »
Here it is:

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2014, 10:03:00 am »
Here it is:

Nice work, man!  Well constructed, and the TV fits snugly inside. 

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2014, 10:27:01 am »
Here it is:

Nice work, man!  Well constructed, and the TV fits snugly inside.

Thanks!

Goz

• KOTA
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2014, 10:16:23 pm »
Here it is:

I redid the controls to use your aluminum red ball tops however in the process I ordered the black/grey diamond cut design, silver alloy,  and black alloys as well. The buttons were also swapped out and color scheme changed to match x360 controls using your translucent 30mm buttons. I'm ultimately still trying to figure out the art and additional painting to break up the black.

nugarp

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2024, 06:35:34 pm
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2014, 03:43:37 pm »
Any update on when you guys will be stocking ultimarc & happ controls? Waiting eagerly!  :cheers:
Wheel2XInput | HDRecoil | LeaderLamps | NetLauncher | Discord | Youtube

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2014, 12:04:42 am »
Any update on when you guys will be stocking ultimarc & happ controls? Waiting eagerly!  :cheers:
Big apologies for the delayed reply.  I have a subscription to watch the thread, but somehow this got overlooked. :notworthy:

I have the Ultimarc shipment of iPAC 2 and 4, plus JPAC  in, though adding the I/O, PACLED 64 and accessories in a next order. 

Happ has been trickling in multiple shipments of parts.  Lots of it was backordered so getting parts shipped nearly every other day.  I got most of it, but not all yet.  Still waiting on a full shipment of IL translucent buttons, but those are also coming.

My original plan was to get everything professionally photographed before listing.  What I'll do instead is use existing photos from both sites as placeholders.  Some may not need new photos, like Ultimarc's products.

Listings will take some time, since there are dozens of products.  I'm looking at mid June for everything to launch, but I won't hold them for that period.  Once I complete the listing, I'll make it available.  When a listing family (like Happ competition buttons) are complete, I'll post an update.

I'm also looking into better international shipping options.  Will announce that once available. 

Thanks!

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2014, 11:34:30 pm »
Hey guys,

I've been out of the loop for a good while while trying to get into a larger warehouse and set up stuff.  My apologies for that.

Some good news on this is finally adding the Suzo Happ and IL items that were promised some time ago.

Suzo Happ - http://www.focusattack.com/brands/Suzo-Happ.html

•   Competition Joystick Lever (8-Way) - $9.75
   •   Super Joystick Lever - $11.95
   •   Pac-Man/Galaga Reunion Joystick Lever - $15.95
   •   Horizontal Concave Pushbutton - $1.75
   •   Competition Convex Pushbutton - $1.95
   •   Super JAMMA harness (Jamma+) - $29.95

Pushbuttons come with e-switch; you can add Cherry D4XX switches for 95 cents; Joysticks also use e-switch, but you can add a Cherry 4-Pack of switches to it.  Cost is just $11.95.

Industrias Lorenzo - http://www.focusattack.com/brands/Industrias-Lorenzo.html

•   Translucent concave pushbuttons with Cherry switches - $3.25

It's indeed just a start to what FA will offer; much more will be added in time.

While here, I wanted to announce the introduction to a new feature at the store.  It's called "FA.R", a rewards program that's easy to get into.  Registering for FA.R just requires logging into your store account.

From there, when you purchase anything, you earn a gold chip for every dollar spent.  You can also earn blue chips from visiting the site, sharing a product on social networks, liking or following on FB or Twitter, and so forth.  You can combine those chips to redeem a single use coupon code increments of $5, $10, $15 and $20.

It doesn't take much to earn enough chips, which means that you can start saving on your next visit to FA.

What makes FA.R more interesting is its use of leaderboards.  You can see what other people are doing to earn their chips, redeeming them, etc.  Each day, the leaderboard posts who has the largest combination of blue and gold chips.

Throughout the year, I'll reward the Top 10 scorers with additional gold chips.  Full details are here - hope you'll give it a go!

http://bit.ly/fa-rewards

Also this weekend I'm sponsoring a fighting game tournament called Shadowloo Showdown.  It's a popular event in Australia and going now on Twitch:

http://www.twitch.tv/shadowloohq

This weekend, I'm offering 10% off all purchases, but you can also score an additional 5% from the discounted subtotal using the coupon code SHADOWLOO.

I saw on BYOAC that members think the vendor stuff is getting a bit out of hand; I'm all for whatever works best for the boards, be it a separate forum or non-sticky.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 11:43:28 pm by jmandmc »

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #78 on: September 02, 2014, 09:43:03 pm »
Hi again,

Wanted to post a quick update.  A few questions came up regarding the FA.R Rewards program, so I created a quick Q&A to help explain a bit further:

http://support.focusattack.com/entries/51526959-FA-R-Rewards-Program-Q-A

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2014, 04:06:38 pm »
Crap, I think I missed the "Attack on Wake 6" sale (15%) this past Saturday.  I was waiting for a good sale so that I can finish my project.

Are there any sales coming up soon?  I'm looking to finish my project sooner rather than later and I'm bummed that I missed it.

DeLuSioNaL29

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2014, 04:14:48 pm »
This is my fault for not posting everywhere I could. Though I can't yet say there will be another ATOW sale soon, look for a PM soon. It's also worthwhile to sign up for FA.R because you can combine discounts and coupons redeemed from it.

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #81 on: October 06, 2014, 04:32:27 pm »
Yup, signed onto F.A.R. and so far it looks neat.

D

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2014, 09:20:12 pm »
Yup, signed onto F.A.R. and so far it looks neat.

D

Glad you like it. :D  Trying to make it useful and worthwhile for everyone that registers.  Good way to earn coupon codes and redeem at any time, I hope.

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #83 on: October 11, 2014, 09:28:19 pm »
A few updates if you haven't visited the site for a while:

Ultimarc I-PAC 2 & 4
I-PAC is a popular joystick and pushbutton input to USB conversion PCB.  Great for anyone looking to create their own MAME arcade cabinet, and looking for a feature-rich converter specifically designed for MAME, or programmable for other emus. Available for 2 and 4 player configurations.

Ultimarc J-PAC PC to JAMMA Interface PCB
Helpful to convert an existing JAMMA cabinet to MAME-enabled multicade.  Note that additional harnesses are needed for additional buttons outside of standard JAMMA configuration. Ultimarc's FAQ explains this.

Additional Sanwa, Seimitsu Parts - Upon request, I added a few more replacement parts for Seimitsu:

I know that replacement LS-56 PCBs aren't here yet, but will add those in the next restock

Now for shipping:

FA now offers discounted 3-5 day international shipping via DHL Worldwide Express.  I explain all of it here.

And finally, a bit of fun:

Street Fighter Character Blind Box
Wanted to add these for a while.  These are tiny figurines that come with a key strap so you could attach to your keys.  Blind box contains Ryu, Ken, Blanka, Chun-Li or E-Honda in original or alternate colors.  As with blind boxes, you don't know which is inside, and neither do we when they ship.  Available while supplies last, and if I can get more in stock.  Going to add more fun and collectible items like this over the weeks and months.

Flag Decal Balltops - starting with Japan and America, these have gotten a good reaction so far.  I wasn't certain about them at first.  Compatible with Sanwa JLF and Seimitsu LS series joystick (excepting LS-32).  Can also install on Crown with the JLF Conversion Shaft.

I've got more coming.  In the meantime, I hope you'll check out what was added to the store, and thanks for the continued support!

Some promos I made for new releases:

Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 08:04:21 pm by jmandmc »

sharpfork

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 07, 2023, 12:43:42 pm
    • KADE
« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2014, 10:29:42 am »
= straight up clone/knock off of

I have had a lengthy debate about this with jmandmc and other hardware creators over in the FA tech talk forum and honestly, it got ugly.  jmandmc Does not seem to understand the base ideas of Open Source hardware.  What he did in making a SLG knock off of Bruno's work (KADE member) is 100% legal but absolutely against the spirit the design was made open source in the first place.  We knew that opening up designs as Open Hardware.  Ethics is for the community and potential customers to decide.  jmanDMC Has made the case that what he did is legal and on that point were are in agreement.  I'd like to see jmanDMC explain why what he did is ethical, contributing to the community, or encouraging further open source hardware development.

Dangerous Prototypes has a short piece called A culture of ethics in open source hardware? that boils down the ethics around open hardware.  To paraphrase:

"We credit each other, a lot"
- jmanDMC has provided credit to Bruno so that follows the letter of the CC licensing.  I don't think that the description of having used "the hardware specs" is exactly accurate but that is more a matter of semantics.  Specs would be more like the schematics and Bill Of Materials, not an unaltered design file (aside from removing Bruno's or KADE branding and adding FA branding).
FA GRADE: C+

"Naming: be different. It’s better to be unique"
There has been some discussion about were the "3" came from in the name.  Is it a reference to Toodles or Crafty Mech or something else?  From a branding perspective, this shouldn't be a question and should not cause confusion.  The problem is, it has caused some confusion.
dude. SLG3? So where is the SLG1 & 2?
FA GRADE: C-

"Cloning ain’t cool"
jmanDMC made a clone.  He didn't add any functionality.  He didn't improve the technical design or add additional value for end users.  He cloned Bruno's design.  Following the terms used in the article, the FA is more of a “knock-off” because there weren't even parts changed.
FA GRADE: FAIL

"We pay each other royalties, even though we don’t need to"
I have an agreement with Bruno around my sale of his SLG in North America (he actually asked me to sell them).  We are on the KADE team together work together all the time on new cool gaming hardware, sending .  jmanDMC Hasn't offered any compensation to Bruno.  While it is no way required under the CC licensing, other vendors who have approached us have always come with an offer of some form compensation.
FA GRADE: FAIL

In conclusion, what jmanDMC did is legal but is completely outside of the reason why Bruno and KADE Open Source Hardware.  We do it so folks will innovate and make the designs better or to learn a new skill and make one for their own use.  The design was not opened for someone to take the technical design files and slap their brand on it to compete with us.  He can continue to do so and I will continue to aggressively voice the KADE team's disapproval in this and other communities.

I suggest folks read the spirited debate that hapened for a few pages in jmandmc annoucnment here: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/121175/focusattack-com-fighting-game-store/p82

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2014, 10:52:56 am »
mann those minis are tits!

Blind box kills me, I dont gamble and the reward of a red haired Ryu doesnt out weigh the risk of not really liking any of the other ones (maybe I wouldnt be super ticked if I got a Blue chunners)

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2014, 02:33:55 am »
@Malenko it's a gamble for me, too.  I don't readily know what's in the blind boxes because they aren't open.  For now just something picked up and seeing how they do. 

Sorry for the lack of updates.  I have one or two.  Many have asked for Eurosticks, and I'm getting them. Once in, will see how those go, and will also see if I end up switching to IL exclusively.  But for now, I'll have Happ and IL for competition joysticks.

The SLG3 - it was a stepping stone project; only 25 pieces were made and my dev suggested I just move them since he already assembled the hardware.  I said that in the SRK forums and elsewhere, plus clarified on some other things.  Even Toodles stepped in to speak about it.  For what its worth, the backlash on SRK was noted by my developer, and he's hard at work on the solution that was already planned as a follow up.  It bears little resemblance to the SLG3, or Retro VGA, or anything else currently available.

In any case, a learning experience, so I'm thankful regardless of what came of it, and look forward to sharing the new unit when it's completed.

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #87 on: December 01, 2014, 12:26:34 pm »
Hi all,

It's been a good while, to which I apologize - on the arcade side of things, I've wanted to provide a good reason to post an announcement. Today, I have a few:

Today, I'm holding a Cyber Monday Super Sale from now until 11:59pm (US EST).  Nearly everything in the store is discounted up to 20%.  This includes Suzo Happ and IL arcade parts, Cherry Switches, and more.

If you're interested in some of the modern fighting titles, Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- is coming out December 15.  I'm holding a giveaway that will award 2 entrants a GGXrd Prize Pack, plus MadCatz TE2 Fightstick for Sony PS3 and PS4. 

To enter, you need to belong to either Facebook or Twitter.

Facebook Entry: http://bit.ly/fa-cybermonday-gg
Twitter Entry: http://bit.ly/fa-cybermonday-ggt

Winners are announced December 1 at 8pm (US EST).

If you're a member of the FA.R Rewards, you can redeem coupon codes today for less chips. I'm also awarding extra chips to the top 10 earners during the sale.

Finally, I wanted to announce the release of KOWAL Flat Plate Converter and Japan S Plate Converter.  It's been a project of several months, recognizing that adapter plates do exist in the arcade scene and have for a while.  It's here that I hope you'll still find both KOWAL converter plates worthwhile. 

The FPC is designed to accommodate many modern Japanese and US/EU joysticks and panels. The JSP was made for compatibility with all Seimitsu joystick models (LS32/33/40/55/56/58) and Sanwa JLW, and to fit in any Japanese import cabinet that can accept the LS-32 mounting plate.

Here is a quick breakdown. Please mention if you can't see the images:

Flat Plate Joystick and cabinet install Compatibility (diagram by Kowal):

S-Plate general specs and Photo of JLW, LS-33 install:

The FPC and JSP retail for $9.95.  You can score one for just $7.95 today only. :)  Following this, I'm adding a screw and nut kit for the plates to assist with install if needed.  Finally, SRK's and Neo Geo Forum's Lemony Vengeance is developing an install video so you can see how both plates work in a variety of cabinets.

If you're interested, I really hope you'll pick one up.  Here is a quick link to this and other KOWAL items:

http://buff.ly/1yaBn6E

Thanks for the support!

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #88 on: January 03, 2015, 10:46:01 am »
Hi all,

Wanted to share a sale event going on for 6 hours today.  Details are available here! http://support.focusattack.com/entries/72604909-FA-Store-Closing-December-31-Reopening-January-3-2015-for-ATOW-7-

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2015, 11:00:55 am »
Hi again,

It does get a bit quiet in here since moving to the Retail Vendors area, but I wanted to share some info about a new Attack on Wakeup Sale:

Details: http://bit.ly/1E1t54i

Please let me know if you have any questions.  Thanks!