Main > Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Forum

Rowe Ami R-88 Volume control

(1/2) > >>

olidlavoie:
Hi, I bought an R-88 Jukebox from Rowe Ami (The 84, brown model) and there's no sound, except a "pop" from the speakers when I plug it in, i read a couple of posts only to see that there's supposed to be a volume control in the back of the machine, on mine there's only 3 loose wires hanging there, a black one, a red one, and an orange one, can anyone tell me how to hook them up on a potentiometer? I would prefer not to buy a 75$ service manual for 3 wires! I tried a couple things but it seems one of them could be a cancel button as the vinyl was ejected as soon as I touched some wires to the pot...
Thanks a lot,
Olivier

Ken Layton:
From Victory Glass Company you can buy the manual very reasonably:

# 70-5765 (R-555) Rowe R-88 Field Service, Parts, Installation, & Operation manual, 135 pages, just $39.95

Strongly advise you to buy it because someday you'll need to order parts, repair something, or replace bulbs and you'll be glad you have it.

ami-man:
I tend to agree with Ken, A few bucks now will save you a fortune in repairs for damaged parts or blown amplifiers or speakers.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

olidlavoie:
You're absolutely right, and I will buy one when I can, but I really can't buy it right now, hence this post, I'll continue to look for signal with my scope then.
Thanks,
Oli

ami-man:
Hello Oliver,

Forget the wiring above the amplifier compartment and make up a test volume control using a 10k log pot and plug into the volume control socket on the amplifier.

You can use the plug that goes to the connection above the amplifierdoor.

Link pins 1 & 5 and connect these to one end of the 10k log pot.
put a connecion into pin 3 and connect this to the wiper of the pot.

We use these to eliminate any faults in the jukebox wiring.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version