Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: -VENDOR- JasensCustoms.com - Introducing Morpheus Wireless PCB - PC/NEO-GEO/SG  (Read 27436 times)

Jasen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2015, 01:01:23 pm
  • www.JasensCustoms.com
    • Jasen's Customs
Hi everyone! Popping in after being away for so long so that I can let another community know that I have started a new project (well, have grown one significantly) these past few months.

You may know I build SuperGuns and run a small site called www.theSuperGun.com where I share some tips and things I learned along the way. Well, due to overwhelming demand... and by overwhelming I mean 5 or 6 people, I setup a shop to house my projects and items related to them so people could easily order things and I could easily track things.

My History:
I got into the hobby about 5 years ago when I restored a NEO-GEO Cabinet because I wanted one and I thought it would be fun. I needed some side art and the one guy at NEOGEO who made it decided he was no longer going to make it available. He and I discussed it and I decided to step in and make use of some of my creative bones. Being a perfectionist, I needed the closest and most exacting side art I could get and I knew everyone else wanted perfection too. I teamed up with a few very nice folks at NG.com and got some original scans, pictures, etc of original cabs and carefully recreated the side art from scratch. Fast forward 2 years and about 200 sets of side art later and I think that mission was accomplished!

About 6 months after my first cab restoration I was fully invested in the Arcade Scene mentally. I wanted something I could easily get from place to place and just setup to play Street Fighter II, Mortal Kombat, etc. A buddy showed me a SuperGun... I was hooked. All of the benefits of a cab with the right amount of tech project and fun. I started building a few SuperGuns for the heck of it. I hated cutting cases, and having things look a little "unpretty" so I teamed up with a metal shop and haven't looked back. I designed a few cases before I settled on the MK48 and decided that having everything internal like a cabinet made a huge amount of sense so the fully enclosed SG cases that you see have become my norm.

Eventually, I needed a few controllers so I ventured into building metal SuperGun Controllers , and then came full on Fight Sticks. The utility of just a fight stick for the PS3/XBOX360 or the utility of just a SuperGun controller is relatively good on their own, but together... amazing! After a lot of planning and iterations of the case, the Panzer Fight Stick was born.

Finally, along the way I revived a few more arcade games, had questions about making art for my sticks as well as art for other projects so once again I added something new to my stable of machines and got into vinyl graphic cutting and printing.  Now I essentially have a little shop that I make support my (and now others) hobby's with!

Expansion No, not in the physical sense. I don't need a storefront or storage unit. More cool stuff! I have started to expand things I do to include CMVS Covers, Reproduction Covers, Custom NEO-GEO Board Bases, and finally Candy Cab Control Panels!

Location, Location, Location!

I am physically located in Herndon, VA (Just outside of DC). The metal shop I work with is not co-located so most of the DC area shenanigans don't affect our work. Everything else I sell is in my home. Saves on storefront rent, storage rent, etc. since my house has a few empty rooms and I don't mind people coming over to say hi and picking things up. Always a great way to meet fellow hobbyists and squeak a game or two out.

Welcome to www.jasenscustoms.com

What's Different about JasensCustoms.Com?

I try to focus on cool new project/ideas that I can design and bring to market myself. I love the projects others bring to the table and I strive to be one of "those" guys. I do offer a few things that are readily available, but I like to sell things that make sense with what I design and build. There's a lot of room for everyone to do their thing without everyone encroaching on each other. I like to focus on one thing and do it well instead of focusing on a lot of things and not knowing a lick about any of it.

Enough about me! Let's see some cool stuff! Here is a few examples of things I have designed and built:

First up is a custom Control Panel for an SRK member:

How about some NEO-GEO MV-2/MV-2B Reproduction Covers and custom bases:

Now an MV-4F Cover and Base:

And finally an MVH-MV4 Cover and Base:

Don't want to spoil who this one belongs to, but someone requested a Korean Stick. It's almost ready to ship:

EGRET/Atomiswave SD Folks, ready to get some new Control Panels? Here are the first to go out and get test fitted:

Finally, updated the MK48 with a few new features:

« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 11:55:59 pm by Jasen »
Jasen
Jasen's Customs, Like it on Facebook!
www.jasenscustoms.com
www.facebook.com/jasenscustoms

Jasen

• Offline Offline
  • www.JasensCustoms.com
    • Jasen's Customs
Fit checks of the first EGRET panels were great! Looking to have these ready to order by the end of this week! I'll be offering a few layouts to include a 1L6B, 2L8B, 2L12B. Other than these, custom layouts will be available at an additional cost. Depending on interest, I may keep a number of them on hand ready to ship vs. waiting for them to be built on a per order basis. Price per panel will be $75, overlays will be extra.

Jasen
www.jasenscustoms.com

Jasen

• Offline Offline
  • www.JasensCustoms.com
    • Jasen's Customs
Getting close to offering the replacement EGRET Control panels for sale! There are a couple of minor pricing details to come through before I'll post them. I want to make sure I can get the price as low as possible so that you get the best deal on the highest quality parts. Additionally, I have all of the gear to print/laminate apply reproduction EGRET CPOs to these as well. That will be available for an extra cost, but still very reasonable.

I'll be finishing the new MK30 SuperGun design this weekend, the Replacement Lindbergh Panel Design (Preorders coming soon, I can provide more details as needed), and will be setting up a bunch of CPS2 Replacement labels for print/cut.

Finally, I carry some nice Bob Roberts Harnesses for your JAMMA Projects. All of the quality of Bob's stuff at a good price with fast $3.99 shipping. I currently have the full JAMMA Harnesses in stock as well as some CPS2 Kick Harnesses. Once my most recent order arrives, I will have some Mortal Kombat Kicks as well as some CPS1 Kicks.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 09:22:49 am by Jasen »
Jasen
www.jasenscustoms.com

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 07:31:21 pm
Hey Jasen, welcome to the forum!

I still gotta get you those dimensions for the CPS3 cages. :D

Jasen

• Offline Offline
  • www.JasensCustoms.com
    • Jasen's Customs
Yeah! I still want to do a cool CPS3 setup in metal. I think it would be kickin'
Jasen
www.jasenscustoms.com

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2023, 11:39:06 pm
  • Build the impossible -"There is no Spoon"
    • DeLuSioNaL's YouTube Videos
Welcome to the forums.  Topic has bee stickied!  Where are you located?
Stop by my Youtube channel and leave a comment:

Jasen

• Offline Offline
  • www.JasensCustoms.com
    • Jasen's Customs
Wow Cool! Thanks for the sticky! Truly an honor and much appreciated.

I am physically located in Herndon, VA (Just outside of DC). The metal shop I work with is not co-located so most of the DC area shenanigans don't affect our work. Everything else I sell is in my home. Saves on storefront rent, storage rent, etc. since my house has a few empty rooms and I don't mind people coming over to say hi and picking things up. Always a great way to meet fellow hobbyists and squeak a game or two out.

If you ever have an idea or something custom you want to do, let me know. As my shops name states "JasensCustoms" I pride myself on taking  your ideas and making them into something tangible. Stickers, Graphics, Car Decals, FightStick Art, Metal Cases, etc. I'll do my best to help!

Jasen
Jasen
www.jasenscustoms.com

Jasen

• Offline Offline
  • www.JasensCustoms.com
    • Jasen's Customs
Here is the latest design to be implemented. The MK30 SuperGun! This is the most robust SuperGun case I have designed. It features:

1. Standard AC input jack with Power Switch on the back.
2. Cherry Power Switch on the front (two switch protection and easy access to the on/off switch)
3. +5V Adjust Pot on the front (by removing and soldering a replacement pot to the PowerSupply)
4. RGB Pots for video adjustment
5. 5V Meter on the front for easy access to the vital information of the 5V line.
6. DB15 Ports with Coin Switches on the Front. When I build them, I always use the NEOGEO layout plus a couple extra buttons :-D
7. Service and Test Switches on the front for easy access.
8. 4PDT switch on the back for easy MVS/JAMMA Audio or RGB Only Mode. Your choice!
9. DB9 connection on the back for easy Kick Harness hookup!
10. JAMMA Passthrough bushing for a clean trouble free installation.
11. S-Video, Composite, Component, and RGB Out (via 8Pin Mini-Din).
12. Rubber Feet

All 14 gage cold rolled steel construction!

Jasen
www.jasenscustoms.com

Jasen

• Offline Offline
  • www.JasensCustoms.com
    • Jasen's Customs
Cheers everyone. Some folks over at SRK commissioned me to  make some reproduction Lindbergh Panels. These fit many cabinets including NOIR, BLANC, and VEWLIX style cabinets. They also make great panels for custom sticks, etc. I am currently taking Pre-Orders via my site (linked below) for the next week at $89.95. I am offering these up with both 1 and 2 player layouts as well as Vewlix, Noir, and Astro button arrangements.

Pre-Orders are going to remain open for a week after which I will get them into production! Not only am I offering the panels, but for $12.95 I will print and cut a custom overlay and apply it to your new panel! I am able to do it all in house on my professional printer/cutter and laminator so custom overlays are no problems! I'll be posting the templates once the final cut files are completed.

https://www.jasenscustoms.com/Reproduction-SEGA-Lindbergh-Arcade-Panels-PREORDER.html

If you have any questions, let me know!
Jasen
www.jasenscustoms.com

Jasen

• Offline Offline
  • www.JasensCustoms.com
    • Jasen's Customs
Now available for Pre Order - XBOX ONE PCBs! Only $35.95

Add a PS360+ for only $52.95 during the pre-order too!

https://www.jasenscustoms.com/XBOX-One-PCB-Bare-Pad-PCB.html
Jasen
www.jasenscustoms.com

Jasen

• Offline Offline
  • www.JasensCustoms.com
    • Jasen's Customs
A couple of new ones to show off. So Shiny!

White Gloss over White Sandtex:

Orange Gloss over White Sandtex - Orange Sherbet Style:
Jasen
www.jasenscustoms.com

Jasen

• Offline Offline
  • www.JasensCustoms.com
    • Jasen's Customs
A see a trend... this color combo is killin' it!

Also, big news on the SuperGun front. I have a couple of the new MK30 SuperGuns coming in next week. They are going to be killer and the best SG I have ever made available. Pictures, Builds, and more coming soon!
Jasen
www.jasenscustoms.com

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 07:29:48 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
whats the going rate for a complete supergun now a days?
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

Jasen

• Offline Offline
  • www.JasensCustoms.com
    • Jasen's Customs
whats the going rate for a complete supergun now a days?

Right now the MK48 fully built out is $600+shipping. I am looking closely at that to see if there are any cost savings I can put into place. Additionally, I have a new MK30 coming out that is going to have just a few more features such as external adjustable +5V, adjustable POTS for RGB, a 5V meter, and a MVS Safe Switch. Although with the attenuation circuit, it would seem (Based on my math) its not necessary :-D

Jasen
Jasen
www.jasenscustoms.com

Jasen

• Offline Offline
  • www.JasensCustoms.com
    • Jasen's Customs
Here are some recent events:

Reproduction SAMMY Logos for the AWSD:

Reproduction CPS2 Labels:

Doing a pre-order for some sweet custom Sega Lindbergh Reproduction Panels:

A customer shows off his new Panzer Fight Stick Build!

The Centipede Control Panel Overlays get finished and shipped to the first new customers!

BMCKay's Panzer Fight Stick gets a new wrap!

A few Panzer's shipped out!

And I'm taking Pre-Orders against the bare XBOX One PCBs I ordered from AkiShop Customs!

Like what you see? Follow me on Facebook and buy something on www.jasenscustoms.com!
Jasen
www.jasenscustoms.com

Jasen

• Offline Offline
  • www.JasensCustoms.com
    • Jasen's Customs
New Panzer with a new skin!

The new MK30 SuperGun's are in! Well, two are and will be built out over the next week!

Jasen
www.jasenscustoms.com

Jasen

• Offline Offline
  • www.JasensCustoms.com
    • Jasen's Customs
XBOX One PCBs arrived today! That means they start shipping today!!

Jasen
www.jasenscustoms.com

Jasen

• Offline Offline
  • www.JasensCustoms.com
    • Jasen's Customs
Can you handle this? Its a masterpiece!

There are a lot more pictures of this amazing Panzer Fight Stick on my facebook page: www.facebook.com/jasenscustoms
Jasen
www.jasenscustoms.com

Jasen

• Offline Offline
  • www.JasensCustoms.com
    • Jasen's Customs
Please Note! The shop will be open from 18 April until 23 April to support orders. If you purchase any custom metal work (Panzer Fight Sticks, SuperGuns, Panels, etc.) they will most likely ship May 15. I am going to South Korea on vacation 24 April - May 12 and will be closing the store so that I can focus on enjoying life and vacation! Woot! Thanks for your understanding!'

I have the first Sega Panel "Blank" in to verify I didn't mis-measure/calculate the angles, etc. Needless to say, I'm quite pleased with the results!

Now you see me!

Now you don't!

Taking inputs on the first "layout" to make available. Much like the EGRET Panels I reproduce a few varieties will be available but I want to start with the popular ones first. I ask you to sound off and let me know what you want!
Jasen
www.jasenscustoms.com

Jasen

• Offline Offline
  • www.JasensCustoms.com
    • Jasen's Customs
Got Lindbergh? If not Dozer is unhappy!

Jasen
www.jasenscustoms.com

Jasen

• Offline Offline
  • www.JasensCustoms.com
    • Jasen's Customs
I don't do flashy product announcements. I make cool stuff and sell it. This weekend I added a few SANWA Items to the shop at record low prices because I love the community and want to save you money.

What are they?

Sanwa JLFs - $19.95 each.
Sanwa Clear Balltop Series - $3.99 each.
Sanwa 30mm Push Buttons - $2.95 each.

Is that it? Nope. There's more coming. Stay tuned for more new hotness coming soon. I may be adding prefabbed stuff to make your Panzer Fight Stick build easier, but I have a few more tricks up my sleeve for custom projects and new things.

www.JasensCustoms.com
Jasen
www.jasenscustoms.com

Jasen

• Offline Offline
  • www.JasensCustoms.com
    • Jasen's Customs
Adding new parts at great prices. The new 2014 Silent JLF only $64.95 for Memorial Day Weekend.

Jasen
www.jasenscustoms.com

Jasen

• Offline Offline
  • www.JasensCustoms.com
    • Jasen's Customs
Simply click to enter! Share with friends on Facebook and Twitter to get bonus entries!

Jasen
www.jasenscustoms.com

Jasen

• Offline Offline
  • www.JasensCustoms.com
    • Jasen's Customs
Morpheus PCBs land tonight! Cut the cords, maximize compatibility! Morpheus works with NEO-GEO/SUPERGUNS/PCs/PS3.

PS3 Compatibility is in beta testing mode as of this writing but it will be available within 2 weeks as we work the bugs out. Video Demos coming soon!

$59.95 for the system. Transmitter Batteries not included.

https://jasenscustoms.com/Morpheus-Wireless-SuperGun-NEO-GEO-PC-PS3-Controllers.html

Here is the Wireless Stress Test I did using the Morpheus setup and some beta firmware that supports PS3. The results are pretty nice! Please note that as I clacked away at buttons RYU starts doing some moves so the button inputs were meaningless since he was in the middle of a grab or something. Watch the left part of the screen and you will see that inputs are still incoming :-D

Jasen
www.jasenscustoms.com

Jasen

• Offline Offline
  • www.JasensCustoms.com
    • Jasen's Customs
Here's a couple of videos. I'm not a TV Star nor a radio host, so please go into this understanding I'm much better at driving submarines than making videos :-D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFfbL-pmTVA&feature=youtu.be
Jasen
www.jasenscustoms.com

Jasen

• Offline Offline
  • www.JasensCustoms.com
    • Jasen's Customs
Order between now and June 27 to pick your Powder Coat Color! To be a good steward to the shop and to keep the price of these panels as low as possible, I am going to send the first batch of Panels in on June 27th. This will allow everyone to pick a color of their choosing before white glossy is the only option! This will delay the orders going out briefly, but its going to benefit everyone that wants something a little more special.

Reproduction SEGA Control Panels now available for Order! Faithfully recreated by Jasen's Customs using an actual panel, these are an excellent additions to your cabinet or custom project!

Construction Details:

Panels are made using 16 Gage Cold Rolled Steel. Same thickness as the original panel.
Powdercoated for the best possible look.
Astro City 2L12B Layout Standard
Studs installed per the JLF Standard. Use a Paradise Plate to mount alternate types of sticks like Seimitsu.
Reproduction Graphics are available for an additional cost. Custom graphics you provide are also available at a great price and installed before shipping! All graphics are printed on 3mil high quality vinyl, dried, and then protected with a satin finish 3mil laminate for durability. Finally they are machine cut and installed before shipment!

Cabinets these panels fit (based on actual fitmet):

- Sega Blast City
- Sega Astro City
- Sega Naomi Universal
- Sega Net City

Jasen
www.jasenscustoms.com

Jasen

• Offline Offline
  • www.JasensCustoms.com
    • Jasen's Customs
I've slacked off a bit keeping folks here abreast of things Im working on... I apologize  ;) Been working hard on a few cool products/projects and thats been keeping me down in the basement (quite literally) and away from the forums writ large.

This weekend "The Art of Fighting" is occurring in New Mexico; Albuquerque to be exact. They asked if I would be willing to donate to the cause, naturally I obliged as all proceeds of the tournament and event are going to benefit the March of Dimes. Purple Grimace Designs and I worked out a custom Panzer Fight Stick to be auctioned off where all proceeds go to MoD.

Here's the mini-ad:

Finally, with the help of a fellow community member, here's the final product that is being auctioned off:

I hope to do a themed stick every couple of months for charity. This was an excellent opportunity to help out and do something other than focus on profits and boosting sales and the venue is perfect. In later months without tournaments and events, ill likely turn to eBay to run the auctions and donate the proceeds appropriately.

Last but not least, here's the newest SuperGun offering at Jasen's Customs.... the MK30 ADCAP. It's a pretty amazing build, im very happy and proud of it. Im finishing up some pre-sale builds this weekend but hope to have them up and ready for purchase by Monday.

Jasen
www.jasenscustoms.com

Jasen

• Offline Offline
  • www.JasensCustoms.com
    • Jasen's Customs
The Art of Fighting is live and streaming. Jasen's Customs is donating $5 to the cause for every Panzer Fight Stick case sold this weekend!

Jasen
www.jasenscustoms.com

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 07:31:21 pm
That MK30 ADCAP supergun looks super sexy. :D

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:19:17 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
You know, I have no use for this stuff, and I probably will never buy any,  but you make some AWESOME-LOOKING ---steaming pile of meadow muffin---.  :cheers:
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

Jasen

• Offline Offline
  • www.JasensCustoms.com
    • Jasen's Customs
That MK30 ADCAP supergun looks super sexy. :D

Thanks Opt2Not!

@yotsuya,

Thanks for the compliments! I appreciate it :-D
Jasen
www.jasenscustoms.com

Jasen

• Offline Offline
  • www.JasensCustoms.com
    • Jasen's Customs
I am back in town and will be catching up this weekend on orders and builds. Thanks for your patience while I settle back in from the time change! I want to a great effort from a buddy Travis and his marathon with the Extra Life Event! Please check it out below. For those who donated already, thanks a million!

Please support Travis here: bit.ly/tbxl2014

Watch his Twitch.Tv Stream here: twitch.tv/travistyoj
Jasen
www.jasenscustoms.com

fablog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2024, 10:30:06 pm
PM sent, thx.