Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: 2 Wheels, 1 PC Help  (Read 2569 times)

Boomslang

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 08:20:43 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
2 Wheels, 1 PC Help
« on: February 23, 2014, 04:08:34 am »
Hi guys,

Im having a bit of trouble, hoping some clever man can help me out. I am setting up a twin cab and trying to use only 1 PC for emulators etc. I have a PC with eyefinity setup if I need it (for splitscreen games). I setup m2emulator with 2 different copies for the 2 separate monitors and setup network etc and everything works great. Nice fullscreen image on both monitors, setup wheels on each side and works fine too EXCEPT only one player gets force feedback. Both wheels are Fanatec GT2 wheels. Now I then setup single player on just the wheel with no force feedback. Driving around was fine except force feedback effects happened to wrong wheel!! I then thought I would set One Player in Logitech G25 Mode and the other in Fanatec Mode, tested in single player first and it worked fine with Force Feedback effects so then setup a network race and it had no force feedback effects at all again! Really frustrating, anyone can give me some tips on how to fix this so both players get the effects?

Thanks

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Re: 2 Wheels, 1 PC Help
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 05:10:39 am »
You probably can't to be honest.  M2 has it's issues and even if it didn't, I don't know of many pc games, much less emulators that have games that support more than one wheel.  It's probably looking for the first FF device and attaching. 

twistedsymphony

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 03, 2024, 11:13:51 pm
  • Play stupid games... win stupid prizes.
    • solid-orange.com
    • CollectorsEdition.org
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 11:32:50 am »
I'm honestly impressed you got it working as well as you have with a single PC.. Most software just isn't designed to do that.

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 06:01:28 pm
  • <insert personal text here>
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 03:57:09 pm »
Not terribly helpful but isn't there a prototype version of m2 out there that allows linking?  Got it that you would have to run a second PC but that'd be about the only way AFAIK.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 07:27:18 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 04:15:21 pm »
Not terribly helpful but isn't there a prototype version of m2 out there that allows linking?  Got it that you would have to run a second PC but that'd be about the only way AFAIK.

My thoughts as well, but didnt want to say anything since he wanted it on 1 PC, whomp Whomp
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.