Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Sharkey's Shootout GI problem  (Read 1959 times)

smartbomb2084

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2021, 03:14:53 pm
  • Having a SMART phone will make you DUMB.
Sharkey's Shootout GI problem
« on: February 19, 2014, 09:46:37 am »
Got a strange one here...

My Sharkey's General Illumination will completely go out.  If you turn on the game off and on it comes back.

When the lights are out U206 Pin 2 on the Driver Board has a logic level HIGH and when the lights are on Pin 2 has a logic level LOW.

Doesn't that mean that the Logic is working properly?  The Relay is good too?  It seems the game CPU is shutting them off...WHY?

I have also reseated the ribbon cables thinking it would help..it didn't... anyone got any ideas?

THANKS

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 09:00:13 am
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
Re: Sharkey's Shootout GI problem
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 09:53:53 am »
Connectors from the light strings to the board physically ok?  That's always been an issue on Williams pins I've owned. 

smartbomb2084

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2021, 03:14:53 pm
  • Having a SMART phone will make you DUMB.
Re: Sharkey's Shootout GI problem
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 10:05:28 am »
Yeah, unfortunately they are all good...

The Logic seems to be telling the GI to go out...

U206 is turning on Q200 which is turning on the relay to shut them off...near as I can tell.

I had a really flakey #4 Ball Trough Switch that I thought was confusing the game but the problem is still here.