Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: List of Network multiplayer capable games for twin converted cabs etc  (Read 78008 times)

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
Re: List of Network multiplayer capable games for twin converted cabs etc
« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2019, 09:43:26 pm »
That's not long, and either way it's interesting! Not to mention awesome that MAME networking is getting some more love :)

dgrace

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:49:26 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2019, 11:42:02 am »
My dream LAN/Network game has to be the Cruis'n games. Those were my favorite racing games growing up. My bro and I would play each other all the time at the local arcade (love hearing the "Check Point" ;D). Would be epic if someone could get Cruis'n USA/World working on MAME with LAN support. One day i'm sure someone will figure it out.
Long long description of how these games communicate from a pending MAME pull request.

"A two way link (Cruis'n USA, Radikal Bikers and Surf Planet) is self explanatory. Connect the RS-232 cable between both pcbs and set the correct network settings on both pcbs. A >2 way link (Speed Up, Cruis'n World, Off Road Challenge, Cruis'n Exotica and The Grid) requires the connected pcbs network IDs in numerical order and a pcb to have a network ID set to 1/Master. The reasoning behind this is each network ID can only communicate with the network ID numerically next to one another due to the serial port split into two; e.g. ID 1/Master controls ID 2, ID 2 is controlled by ID 1 but controls ID 3, ID 3 controlled by ID 2 but controls ID 4, and so on in a large serial circuit. Disconnecting anything connected to ID 1/Master will unlink all the slave pcbs while disconnecting a slave ID pcb will unlink any pcbs that aren't connected to ID 1/Master.

I just discovered a lot of Konami games use that same procedure. The difference between the two is Konami has their rs232 connection altered to make use of a pin jack/LANC connector and wires most likely because of how compact they are.

Hey, that's progress. Hopefully one day someone could get the Cruis'n Games to link up. Would be epic. Thanks for sharing.

SailorSat

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:28:00 pm
    • For Amusement Only e.V.
« Reply #82 on: July 04, 2019, 06:03:36 am »
Hm... Sadly it is not that simple, I tinkered around with a cruis'n'usa board a long time ago and never got it working. some said the pal might be bad, or the wiring was "wrong".
Software side wasn't better either, I could get them "startet" in link mode, but they would not communicate at all.

*EDIT*
most likely those games require some sort of sync that currently is not hooked up, much like the sega game sync up their v-syncs
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 06:06:15 am by SailorSat »
I do all that stuff even without a Joystick ;)
Soft-15kHz, cabMAME, For Amusement Only e.V.

Hydreigon

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 11, 2023, 09:57:11 pm
« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2019, 03:25:55 pm »
Hm... Sadly it is not that simple, I tinkered around with a cruis'n'usa board a long time ago and never got it working. some said the pal might be bad, or the wiring was "wrong".
Software side wasn't better either, I could get them "startet" in link mode, but they would not communicate at all.

*EDIT*
most likely those games require some sort of sync that currently is not hooked up, much like the sega game sync up their v-syncs
The main control is from the main cpu TMS320C31's built in serial port (split into two) in addition to two pals, u111 and u38. It depends on the main cpu's address at 990000 seemingly controlled by the COMINT at pal u111. Pal u38 identifies what address 990000 is doing. It's possible the original Cruis'n USA u38 pal, A-19669 doesn't have the code which explains why the pcb won't communicate with that pal installed. Risugami has a lot to say about how these pcbs communicate and only had success by decreasing the main cpu's clock speed because the current clock speed is "too fast" for both machines to read the changes (most likely emulation bugs). Without any sync at the CPU level, it's not going to link. I am desperately trying to get Risugami to release his linking code for MAME so someone experienced or I can take a stab at what is going on. Does anyone know that person to see if he has other forum accounts or a discord because I can't find him anywhere.

It's a lot of sophisticated info for something simple (hence why I prefer the shared ram method used in a lot of Sega and Namco games).

EDIT: Do the Namco games sync up their v-syncs? I have been told V-Unit games sync up their v-syncs too but either that info isn't true or it's a much different method (which may explain the problems I have with linking Cruis'n USAs on two bad LCD monitors). In my situation, the slave machine will flicker a bit every few seconds and cut after a screen transition for a few seconds. The explanation behind this is those LCDs installed may think the signal/sync isn't acceptable so the monitor temporarily loses its signal as a result.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 03:32:05 pm by Hydreigon »

dgrace

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:49:26 am
« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2019, 11:48:38 am »
It's weird. Lately as i've been messing around a lot more with LAN/Networking games, i've been experiencing this internet error randomly "windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings." It's a ---smurfette--- to fix and I'm not sure what's causing it. Maybe I need to strengthen my malware protections? Just curious if anyone else who uses LAN often experiences this error. May be completely unrelated. Thanks

jacko1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 17, 2021, 07:25:03 pm
« Reply #85 on: August 31, 2019, 03:59:36 pm »
Anyone have a list of MAME driving (or all types I guess) games that work with multiplayer across LAN / multiple PCs?

EDIT: On the problem I first posted, I tested with 0.212 (current latest) and it worked, so for some reason my mame 0.200b installation doesn't wanna work with network multiplayer.  Afaik this worked as far back as 0.166 so no idea what the issue is, I might just update to 0.212 as long as all my configs and nvrams work with it.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 03:30:18 pm by jacko1 »

SailorSat

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:28:00 pm
    • For Amusement Only e.V.
« Reply #86 on: September 01, 2019, 03:37:22 pm »
Well... you have to set up OutRunners for network mode - In the Service Menu there is an Option "Network Assignments".
Other than that... MAME 0.200? Jeez - that seems old.

Also you need to make sure the ring is closed - so setting the any remotehost to 127.0.0.1 (or omiting) won't work for sure.
Ah and make sure the games are using the same settings - one machine on "normal" vs. one on "grand prix" mode won't work either.
I do all that stuff even without a Joystick ;)
Soft-15kHz, cabMAME, For Amusement Only e.V.

jacko1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 17, 2021, 07:25:03 pm
« Reply #87 on: September 02, 2019, 06:52:13 pm »
Well... you have to set up OutRunners for network mode - In the Service Menu there is an Option "Network Assignments".
Other than that... MAME 0.200? Jeez - that seems old.

Also you need to make sure the ring is closed - so setting the any remotehost to 127.0.0.1 (or omiting) won't work for sure.
Ah and make sure the games are using the same settings - one machine on "normal" vs. one on "grand prix" mode won't work either.
Thanks.  I didn't test much with Outrunner, mostly Virtua Racing which I tested a million different ways until finally trying the latest MAME and getting it to work.

I don't know exactly how old 0.200 is, I was thinking maybe a year and a half?  I've never updated MAME though, I mean I don't know how to do it properly to preserve all settings, Service Menu settings, all that stuff.  I've never looked into it even.  I guess you just keep the ini files and the cfg and nvram directories?

The only long term MAME install I have is a very old one with Hyperspin that once I had working the way I wanted with the controller I wanted, I never messed with it again.  I've been copying it and/or running it from a USB drive for many years.

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #88 on: September 02, 2019, 07:54:58 pm »
F1 Super Lap will network in MAME as well. Same system boards as Outrunners, i think? Probably different settings in the service menu, of course, but nothing to complicated or i wouldn't have it running :)

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 07:22:01 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2019, 08:41:51 am »
Also you need to make sure the ring is closed

xbrunox

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 01:48:30 am
« Reply #90 on: August 26, 2020, 02:03:43 am »
How did you get indy 500 working?  Is it not in M2emu?

Since I use high quality Ethernet hub and cables it works good with 2 players.
No more use of m2lagfix, just have to go to TEST menu (both machines) and quit at the exact same time to sync perfectly.
It is now very rare to lose connection!

I'm still struggling to get Wacky Races to work in LAN. Both PCs are Win10 with direct play setup and Jconfig but when i'm test menu I just can't get both PCs to link up.  If someone who has got it to work would be willing to list step by step instructions, it would be much appreciated. Thanks

You have to hex edit your IP's (up to 4) in the executable and use it for Master & Slave.
This way I got 4 players working (3 Win10 & 1 Win7).

Hi where is the offset of the ip in game.exe in wacky races? i know how to change but i cant find it.

totoplay

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 13, 2023, 04:56:04 am
« Reply #91 on: August 28, 2020, 03:01:43 pm »

By the way here is an updated list for at least 2P arcade racing games:

... and the ones that are still not working:
dirty-drivin
h2overdrive
ko-drive
initial-d4
initial-d-zero
nfs-carbon
nfs-underground
sonic-sega-all-stars-racing
tokyo-cop
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 03:06:09 pm by totoplay »

xbrunox

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 01:48:30 am
« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2020, 01:11:15 am »

By the way here is an updated list for at least 2P arcade racing games:

... and the ones that are still not working:
dirty-drivin
h2overdrive
ko-drive
initial-d4
initial-d-zero
nfs-carbon
nfs-underground
sonic-sega-all-stars-racing
tokyo-cop

if can explain US how u have do it to working will be super...

Nuexzz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 01, 2023, 01:26:58 am
« Reply #93 on: August 30, 2020, 02:01:18 am »
What a pity that mame does not have a function in the year 2020

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #94 on: August 30, 2020, 02:11:09 am »
Eh I think mame actually has a few networked games working.  I've never messed with it though.  Most of the ones on that list are model 2, supermodel or technoparrot games. 

totoplay

• Offline Offline
« Reply #95 on: August 30, 2020, 04:11:16 am »
Eh I think mame actually has a few networked games working.  I've never messed with it though.  Most of the ones on that list are model 2, supermodel or technoparrot games.

Yes you're perfectly right, Boomslang managed to make several Vegas games work: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,161667.0.html

As far as I am concerned I've never been able to use network with them.

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #96 on: August 30, 2020, 08:04:33 pm »
I have a couple of questions about the games in the graphic...

-Is Doytona 3 on there? And does anyone remember how to network it?

-Is it really possible to network Sega Rally Revo? Or only to shoehorn the tracks into SR3? Revo looks to have superior terrain deformation, but the return-to-centre control system is bizarre anyway.

-Does anyone have a guide to setting up Mario Kart mulitplayer?

-Is Outrun 2 networkable on the latest releases on TP? It was broken for a while...

-Does anyone know which of these games are v-sync locked? I run a setup on old Arcade CRTs, and if a game is v-sync locked then i can't run it at 800x600@50i at full speed. I know WMMT is locked, BG4 is, and ID6 is so ID7 probably is too. How about ID8? Does that run on the same machine? How about Grid or SnoCross?

EDIT: browsing this thread and thought i'd better update - you can use RivaTuner Statistics Server to both disable V-sync and then framelimit (to 60fps) OR2SPSDX, WMMT5, ID6 (and so probably ID7 and ID8). The only failure i've had so far is BG4 Tuned, which is actually still pretty playable at 50fps because it's more simulation-like.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 08:20:28 pm by buttersoft »

totoplay

• Offline Offline
« Reply #97 on: August 31, 2020, 03:26:22 am »

-Is it really possible to network Sega Rally Revo? Or only to shoehorn the tracks into SR3? Revo looks to have superior terrain deformation, but the return-to-centre control system is bizarre anyway.

-Does anyone have a guide to setting up Mario Kart mulitplayer?

- Daytona 3 <=> Daytona Championship USA (Google "daytona championship lan")

- No network with Sega Rally Revo (Split Screen) - Use tracks with Sega Rally 3 (most of them are compatible)

- Google "Mario Kart DX Arcade GP 1.10, including banapassport save and online play, QR codes and LAN versus play !"

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #98 on: September 01, 2020, 12:32:30 am »
I would argue that Revo doesn't count for "twin converted cabs" but i suppose it's covered in the "etc." I have SR3 running the extras tracks, it's great. But Revo has better physics, save that the actual control system itself is utter garbage. Shame, really.

Thanks for the info on the other titles tho!

marco86

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 30, 2020, 11:30:19 am
« Reply #99 on: October 07, 2020, 07:46:31 am »
How did you get indy 500 working?  Is it not in M2emu?

Since I use high quality Ethernet hub and cables it works good with 2 players.
No more use of m2lagfix, just have to go to TEST menu (both machines) and quit at the exact same time to sync perfectly.
It is now very rare to lose connection!

I'm still struggling to get Wacky Races to work in LAN. Both PCs are Win10 with direct play setup and Jconfig but when i'm test menu I just can't get both PCs to link up.  If someone who has got it to work would be willing to list step by step instructions, it would be much appreciated. Thanks

You have to hex edit your IP's (up to 4) in the executable and use it for Master & Slave.
This way I got 4 players working (3 Win10 & 1 Win7).

hello, i'm newbie,  i'm trying to connect wacky racer and chase hq in lan, but don't understand how to edit the exe file, could you explain it to me? thank you so much

Simo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2023, 12:02:26 pm
« Reply #100 on: November 18, 2020, 01:57:20 pm »
I also tried to change the ip of the wacky race .exe file, but it doesn't work.  I tried 2 ways as in the picture.  Someone can tell me where I'm wrong.  Thanks :notworthy:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 01:59:04 pm by Simo »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #101 on: November 19, 2020, 03:53:51 am »
This is just a guess, but what about your gateway?  Judging by the pic you posted the game is expecting a gateway of 255.255.255.0   If your network is setup differently you'll have to change it. 

Simo

• Offline Offline
« Reply #102 on: November 19, 2020, 02:37:16 pm »
This is just a guess, but what about your gateway?  Judging by the pic you posted the game is expecting a gateway of 255.255.255.0   If your network is setup differently you'll have to change it.
That I think is Subnet mask, maybe ip getaway is somewhere I haven't seen. I hope for some help :D :D :D

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #103 on: November 19, 2020, 03:05:25 pm »
It could be... I've seen both assigned to that address during my networking years. 

Simo

• Offline Offline
« Reply #104 on: November 20, 2020, 01:07:17 am »
Then I'll try to put my gateway, an attempt is always to be done  :cheers: . thanks for your advice  ;)

Simo

• Offline Offline
« Reply #105 on: November 20, 2020, 10:41:19 am »
Tried to replace 255.255.255.0 with my ip gateway, but it doesn't work anyway   :hissy: ..... Any advice?

shess

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2021, 04:17:28 pm
« Reply #106 on: January 05, 2021, 11:27:16 am »
You could install Wireshark on your PC and then sniff the traffic to see what the application is trying to do. The application should be sending data out sourced with your local IP address 192.168.1.X to the destination IP. Your gateway IP is only necessary if the destination IP is not on the same subnet as your local machine. So if your local computer is 192.168.1.10 with subnet mask 255.255.255.0, then anything from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.254 is considered local traffic and won't need the gateway. Unless that application is designed to work over the Internet, it shouldn't care about your gateway.

jayc001

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2023, 06:14:55 am
« Reply #107 on: March 07, 2021, 03:21:14 am »
Has anyone got Grid working on 192.168.1.x IP address? TP compatibility say 192.168.0.x but looking at one of the ini files in the game it has base address of 192.168.1

I need it working multiplayer on 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #108 on: March 08, 2021, 01:03:01 am »
Did it the other day on 192.168.1.100/101

I haven't had a single issue on those IPs for Grid, OR2, SR3, WMMT5, ID5 or ID6 (which last probably means ID7 and ID8 would work too). At least as regards connectivity.

EDIT: ok, on reading more it looks like i'm wrong and Ford Racing *isn't* on Europa-R. I could have sworn i read it was, but there we are. Sorry for jerking you around, jayc001

The Europa-R games like Grid and Sega Rally are the easiest TeknoParrot games work with - which is why i was surprised with your comments on ForD Racing. If Grid fails i would really see if it's your IoT installs.

Oh, and it never hurts to have the complete Visual C++ packs either - https://www.techpowerup.com/download/visual-c-redistributable-runtime-package-all-in-one/

And TBH Teknoparrot itself breaks games between versions. I can't get SR3 to open at all on 1.0.0.558 or whatever we're up to now...
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 05:34:41 am by buttersoft »

jayc001

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2023, 06:14:55 am
« Reply #109 on: March 08, 2021, 11:04:13 am »
Gah! Multi-game multi-player rigs are difficult. I tried Grid on 192.168.0.1 and still no joy. I probably need to look at Gameloader RH but seeing how TP is pretty easy to use I haven't tried it yet but apparently it's better for Ford Racing so maybe the same for Grid.

nugarp

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:35:34 pm
« Reply #110 on: April 23, 2021, 06:15:41 pm »

Are you still struggling with Daytona 3? I had to enable webcams/splitcam. I saw you post in another thread I think a summary of what you need to do...pretty sure that was my original post being quoted so just DM me if you are stuck. I had written one of the controller launchers way back when.

Meanwhile, to add relevance to this thread:
- Dirty Drivin' (4p tested)
- Storm Racer G (4p tested)
- Cars (not tested)
Wheel2XInput | HDRecoil | LeaderLamps | NetLauncher | Discord | Youtube

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #111 on: April 23, 2021, 11:46:52 pm »
Admittedly i'm kinda wondering if Daytona 3 is worth it now Daytona 2 and all the other Supermodel-emulated model 3 games can network.

- Scud Race
- Daytona 2
- Dirt Devils

No SR2 yet, as it's proving more complicated.

nugarp

• Offline Offline
« Reply #112 on: April 24, 2021, 12:17:08 am »

Admittedly i'm kinda wondering if Daytona 3 is worth it

I like them all! Re: D3, the graphics are pretty nice, and the controls feel great.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

nugarp

• Offline Offline
« Reply #113 on: May 07, 2021, 07:43:46 am »
As per the other thread, h2overdrive network now works. I've tried it 4p.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

swollenmadman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 08, 2022, 08:06:10 pm
« Reply #114 on: May 18, 2021, 10:19:57 pm »
Not sure if it has been posted, I posted on Youtube 11 years ago that Over Rev can be played on LAN on M2, but it requires a particular setup on the game assignments.

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #115 on: May 19, 2021, 10:19:52 pm »
Can you tell us what the setup to link OverRev is, then?

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 10, 2023, 04:01:16 am
  • Id 10 and t error
« Reply #116 on: May 20, 2021, 05:00:03 pm »

I am also curious

swollenmadman

• Offline Offline
« Reply #117 on: May 22, 2021, 12:24:21 am »

Getting back with this it's been 12 years since I did it.

I just got trying this and  it's hit and miss. Let me make a video, and post it on my channel. It will bee raw, but it will show that it works. The quality will be better too.

swollenmadman

• Offline Offline
« Reply #118 on: May 22, 2021, 03:55:28 am »
As promised (it's a little long but has some of the problems people may encounter setting it up.

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 10, 2023, 04:01:16 am
  • Id 10 and t error
« Reply #119 on: May 26, 2021, 06:13:06 pm »
Fantastic, so its just a link timing issue. @SailorSat Im sure you can fix this with your fancy scripts?