Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: List of Network multiplayer capable games for twin converted cabs etc  (Read 78003 times)

MrThunderwing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 07:22:01 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
Re: List of Network multiplayer capable games for twin converted cabs etc
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2018, 06:08:08 am »
It's currently not possible to run the networked version of Supermodel full speed. You need to disable multi-threading to get it working, so it means your PC is running the emulator on just one CPU core. Hopefully it'll get fixed at some point.

dgrace

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:49:26 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2018, 01:39:16 am »
Can anyone post detailed instructions on how to get Mario Kart GP DX working in LAN using 2 PCs? I feel like it's more than just setting one PC cab ID to 1 and the other PC to 2. Doesn't work for me. Do you do anything else in the test menu? Is there any video out there of MK in 2 player LAN w 2 PCs? Thanks

nugarp

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:35:34 pm
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2018, 02:08:16 pm »
Can anyone post detailed instructions on how to get Mario Kart GP DX working in LAN using 2 PCs? I feel like it's more than just setting one PC cab ID to 1 and the other PC to 2. Doesn't work for me. Do you do anything else in the test menu? Is there any video out there of MK in 2 player LAN w 2 PCs? Thanks

That's all it was. Check your TP version. I had to use an older version to get it to work. It broke in some future version. I don't have the version #s on me to check. That could be your issue.
Wheel2XInput | HDRecoil | LeaderLamps | NetLauncher | Discord | Youtube

totoplay

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 13, 2023, 04:56:04 am
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2018, 03:17:24 pm »
***** Mario Kart GP DX *****
I confirm that it works with Teknoparrot 1.42 (WIN10) just setting one PC1 ID to 1 and PC2 ID to 2.
Having troubles with japanese like me... English Service Manual: https://www.bandainamco-am.co.uk/files/37

***** Fast and Furious Super Bikes *****
I finally managed to make it work just using -net   (should reboot the 1st time)
PC1: sdaemon.exe -net -mid 0 
PC2: sdaemon.exe -net -mid 1

***** Daytona 3  aka  Daytona Championship USA *****  (WIN10)
TROUBLES!!!
I'm wondering if all webcams are compatible as it's doesn't work with mine (just bought 2 identicals)

1) when plugged:
NETWORK DISCOVERY is OK and when "Data Loading" is finished I have...
PC1   LINK ID 1 [GOOD]   LINK ID 2 [         ]   
PC2   LINK ID 1 [         ]   LINK ID 2 [GOOD]
      searching forever...

2) when unplugged:
NETWORK DISCOVERY is OK and when "Data Loading" is finished I have...
PC1   LINK ID 1 [GOOD]   LINK ID 2 [GOOD]
PC2   LINK ID 1 [GOOD]   LINK ID 2 [GOOD]
      then after ~10s:
PC1   LINK ID 1 [GOOD]   LINK ID 2 [         ]   
PC2   LINK ID 1 [         ]   LINK ID 2 [GOOD]
      searching forever...

Also with Mario Kart GP DX, LAN doesn't work anymore when my new webcams are plugged.

Any Ideas ?
If someone has Daytona 3 LAN working with specific webcams, could you please let me know the ones you're using.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 03:30:14 pm by totoplay »

dgrace

• Offline Offline
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2018, 02:26:20 pm »
For model 2 linked games I can get Daytona USA linked fine but any other m2 game, it either says network error or the master and slave computer just sits there with network check blinking.  Could it be my wireless connection? Would a cat5 cord work better?

dgrace

• Offline Offline
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2018, 02:34:59 pm »
Has anyone got outrun 2006 coast to coast PC LAN to work?

totoplay

• Offline Offline
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2018, 06:23:15 pm »
Daytona 3
Webcams replaced, problem solved.
22 LAN arcade games are perfectly playable now.

Model 2
Wired is better, as an example I've never been able to make Daytona 3 work using Wi-Fi.

OutRun 2006
Nothing to do with most of the versions.

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2018, 07:32:46 pm »
Model 2 emulation networking is problematic, as described in the other thread. Daytona works but is increasingly glitchy, both in time and as you go to higher version of windows. Sega rally might work, Indy 500 is dicky, Sega Touring Car Championship kinda works with 2-player as long as each cab can go into and then exit test menu simultaneously (the settings can be pre-configured, you just have to go into and exit test menu, so just bind a button for test.) I don't think any other games actually work.

Sailorsat has a tool in the m2emu networking thread called m2emu lagfix or whatever, and it might help with the first three games named above. Don't expect miracles though. She's still working on the problem on and off, so we might see a proper fix at some point. The problem is that the network and code are not yet completely understood, and she's still figuring out how it all works and how best to run it. The way she describes it though, it's perhaps not a surprise that the tiny glitches in wifi are responsible for screwing things up further. The work  is pretty hardcore :)

Outrun 2006 works mostly fine for me over LAN. As in, two cabs can see each other, and get into game really easily, but once you start driving the position of the other car can get a bit glitchy - you see the other player driving through walls and speeding ahead of you when they're behind, etc. Your own car is fine, so you just drive to that. It does mean the player who crosses the line first can sometimes come second, but normally it's not that bad. Once Teknoparrot gets Lindbergh networking going though, that will be worth looking into :)

« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 09:32:40 pm by buttersoft »

dgrace

• Offline Offline
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2018, 07:55:26 pm »
Thank you buttersoft. I got Outrun 2006 to work in LAN.

I had a question about getting VR working in MAME LAN.  I set both PCs to global inputs =1. I then created a bat file for each computer.

Master PC bat file:
mame64.exe vr -w -cfg_directory cfg -nvram_directory nvram1 -comm_localport 15111 -comm_remoteport 15112 -comm_localhost 0.0.0.0 -comm_remotehost 127.0.0.1

Slave PC bat:
mame64.exe vr -w -cfg_directory cfg2 -nvram_directory nvram2 -comm_localport 15112 -comm_remoteport 15111 -comm_localhost 0.0.0.0 -comm_remotehost 127.0.0.1

Then I go into each MAME test menu and set Master PC to master and red car and then Slave PC to Slave and blue car.

I successfully pinged each PC to one another.  When I launch both bat files the Master starts but the slave PC just sits then stuck in "checking network."

Does it matter what you set the localport to? I just chose the ones recommended in the video tutorial.

Any help is much appreciated.

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2018, 10:24:10 pm »
Master PC bat file:
mame64.exe vr -w -cfg_directory cfg -nvram_directory nvram1 -comm_localport 15111 -comm_remoteport 15112 -comm_localhost 0.0.0.0 -comm_remotehost 127.0.0.1

Slave PC bat:
mame64.exe vr -w -cfg_directory cfg2 -nvram_directory nvram2 -comm_localport 15112 -comm_remoteport 15111 -comm_localhost 0.0.0.0 -comm_remotehost 127.0.0.1

Then I go into each MAME test menu and set Master PC to master and red car and then Slave PC to Slave and blue car.

If these are two separate PC's, they need different IP addresses. I don't think the ports matter, but i leave them as default. Look at ipconfig for each PC and use those addresses, each PC pointing to the next as remotehost. I prefer to set a static IP for each PC, outside my routers DHCP assignment range, that way i know the IP's wont change. You can do this in Windows, of course.

The concept is the same as here for model 2 networking - http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,133283.msg1651087.html#msg1651087

EDIT: oh, and i have no idea if the commandline parameters you're using are named correctly, i just use the settings in the mame.ini and vr.ini files :)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 07:54:08 pm by buttersoft »

dgrace

• Offline Offline
Master PC bat file:

Slave PC bat:

If these are two separate PC's, they need different IP addresses. I don't think the ports matter, but i leave them as default. Look at ipconfig for each PC and use those addresses, each PC pointing to the next as remotehost. I prefer to set a static IP for each PC, outside my routers DHCP assignment range, that way i know the IP's wont change. You can do this in Windows, of course.

The concept is the same as here for model 2 networking - http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,133283.msg1651087.html#msg1651087

EDIT: oh, and i have no idea if the commandline parameters you're using are named correctly, i just use the settings in the mame.ini and vr.ini files :)

Got this working last week for MAME (virtua racing, outrunners, f1lap, etc.).  Thanks to Boomslang. 

After making sure my firewall was temporarily disabled and successfully pinged each computer's IP address to one another, I created a bat file for each PC.

My slave PC:
mame64.exe vr -w -nvram_directory nvram1 -localport 15109 -remoteport 15108 -localhost 192.168.1.3 -remotehost 192.168.1.2

My master PC:
mame64.exe vr -nvram_directory nvram1 -localport 15108 -remoteport 15109 -localhost 192.168.1.2 -remotehost 192.168.1.3

dgrace

• Offline Offline
Racing Games I would love see working with LAN in MAME one day:
-Cruis'n USA, World & Exotica
-San Francisco Rush games
-Ridge Racer games
-World Rally2

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 07:22:01 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
For model 2 linked games I can get Daytona USA linked fine but any other m2 game, it either says network error or the master and slave computer just sits there with network check blinking.  Could it be my wireless connection? Would a cat5 cord work better?

I've been able to run Daytona USA, Sega Rally, Manx TT and Motor Raid just fine in a 2 player wireless LAN (I say just fine, the car of the opposing player looks super-glitchy in Sega Rally but the game plays just fine).

nugarp

• Offline Offline
How are people getting Wacky Races to work multiplayer? What loader are you using (how did you set it up) and with what settings? I set my cab ids to 1 & 2 in the test menu yet they don't see each other when I try and do the network test in the test menu. I've tried launching with JConfig's game.exe and using TP => Launcher.exe.

Edit: Boomslang helped me out with this one. Needed to use JConfig (I used v1.5) and set the exe's compatibility mode to XP SP2. Then, the network setup in the test menu worked.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 01:19:08 pm by nugarp »

nugarp

• Offline Offline
Outrun 2006 (PSP) & Ridge Racer 2 (PSP) work with http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,157429.0.html fix

pharmtech78

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 19, 2021, 04:58:49 pm
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2018, 11:53:14 pm »
Can anyone shed some light on how to get Mario Kart gp dx to work over local multiplayer? I have 2 machines but can't seem to link them together. I changed the cabinet ID to 2 on one of the machine, but still can't start multiplayer. I'm using v.1.10 and teknoparrot 1.64. Any help would be appreciated.

pharmtech78

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 19, 2021, 04:58:49 pm
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2018, 06:20:14 pm »
Can anyone shed some light on how to get Mario Kart gp dx to work over local multiplayer? I have 2 machines but can't seem to link them together. I changed the cabinet ID to 2 on one of the machine, but still can't start multiplayer. I'm using v.1.10 and teknoparrot 1.64. Any help would be appreciated.

Guys i finally figured it out! I was originally using my ISP modem which was conflicting with both machines. I switched to a router which uses the default gateway 192.168.1.1. I made sure both machines can see each other on network. The other issue was i did not have a web cam installed. So installed ManyCam sofware on both machines and that seem to work fine. I enabled nam cam on test menu and everything is good to go.   

Xenos911

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 03, 2018, 01:50:15 am
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2018, 01:48:45 am »
Hey guys,

I have done a ton of testing for this and have found the following games work best with my g27 based arcade:

1. Daytona USA Championship (using Booms ffb and -1000 (3% anti deadzone in x360ce settings)
2. Split/Second - excellent arcade game with tons of explosions and good controls/ffb
3. Wreckfest - modern-day destruction durby (Dirt Showdown is a close second to this, but is more about racing and less about wrecks)
4. Mario Kart GP DX 1.10 - drifting
5. Grid - tons of racing options and easy to setup with good ffb and graphics/physics
6. NFS Hot pursuit - can get keys for steam very cheap on kinguin site
7. Sega Racing Challenge - currently only works with Teknoparrot v1.42 in 4 player LAN, but IMO is the best version of it since the network is less buggy.  Requires Boom's NVIDIA fix and ffb
8. Initial D 7 - I like this one best because it supports the 6speed manual transmission - only 2 player though
9. WMMT5 - works good for a high - rubber banding game and has 6 speed manual control
10. Dirt 4 - has some very fun multiplayer maps, good physics/graphics/ffb
11. Grid 2 - oh I have a love/hate relationship with this game.. the graphics are sweet and it is cheap on kinguin but oh how the physics suck so bad for some cars.  It is a good one though.
12. Gravel - EXCELLENT arcade rally game with good controls, easy setup, good amount of rubber banding, ffb, graphics.  Highly recommend this one. (SR3 is very inferior to this IMO)
13. Gas Guzzlers Extreme - Mario Kart with guns and powerups.  Lots of adjustments like rubberbanding in networking.  Main downside is the menus look like crap.

jacko1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 17, 2021, 07:25:03 pm
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2018, 02:20:44 am »
7. Sega Racing Challenge - currently only works with Teknoparrot v1.42 in 4 player LAN, but IMO is the best version of it since the network is less buggy.  Requires Boom's NVIDIA fix and ffb
Can you be more specific with this game title?  I did just a quick search but couldn't find the exact game.

And do you mean that Teknoparrot versions after 1.42 broke that game?

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 08:20:43 pm
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2018, 02:57:33 am »
Can you be more specific with this game title?  I did just a quick search but couldn't find the exact game.

And do you mean that Teknoparrot versions after 1.42 broke that game?

He means sega racing classic

It's just Daytona USA with hd resolution support etc

totoplay

• Offline Offline
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2018, 11:26:45 am »
Need For Speed GT (Global VR): LAN works fine

No luck so far with NFS Underground (Global VR) and NFS Carbon (Global VR), may be someone?

dgrace

• Offline Offline
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2019, 01:30:29 am »
I'm still struggling to get Wacky Races to work in LAN. Both PCs are Win10 with direct play setup and Jconfig but when i'm test menu I just can't get both PCs to link up.  If someone who has got it to work would be willing to list step by step instructions, it would be much appreciated. Thanks

Hydreigon

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 11, 2023, 09:57:11 pm
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2019, 01:12:49 pm »
Interesting thread. These linking features in arcade machines is more so an overlooked feature. I would try some pc based loaders but I unfortunately don't have a second computer atm (and most likely don't plan on so).

-Ridge Racer games
-World Rally2
Cruis'n USA and World run on Midway V-Unit and that has some strange communication hardware (two DB25 ports using a parallel type connection). Off Road Challenge also runs on this hardware too.
Cruis'n Exotica runs on Midway Zeus II. From what I know, the main cpu has some IRQ to enable a firewire connection for cabinet linking. The Grid also runs on this hardware.
San Franciso Rush actually is linkable in Mame but requires a complicated setup involving two separate Mame directories and a VPN. The same can be said to all the Seattle and Vegas games because it uses the same linking hardware, an ethernet chip.
Ridge Racer games, where to even begin. The linking chip, Namco Custom C139/C422, is used in a lot of Namco hardware. If that were understood, all the Namco games using that custom would be linkable.
World Rally 2 actually outputs both players/screens on a single pcb similar to Sega System Multi 32. Because it doesn't support more than two players, a link feature doesn't exist.

I would look more into this stuff but I need to reorganize my local Mame directory so I can efficiently submit requests on github.

ignignot

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 25, 2019, 11:49:20 pm
INSTALLED LAN ARCADE GAMES (at least 2 players with G27 racing wheels)

34 OK:
battle-gear-4  /  chase-hq2  /  daytona-usa  /  daytona-3  /  f1-super-lap  /
fast-furious  /  fast-furious-super-bikes  /  fast-furious-drift  /  fast-furious-super-bikes /  ford-racing  / 
gti-club  /  grid  /  indy-500  /  initial-d5  /  initial-d6aa  / 
initial-d7aax  /  initial-d8  /  manx-tt  /  mario-kart-dx  /  motor-raid  / 
nfs-gt  /  outrunners  /  outrun-2006  /  outrun-2sp  /  rad-rally  /
road-fighters-3d  /  sega-racing-classic  /  sega-rally  /  sega-rally-3  /  sega-touring-car  / 
valve-r-limit  /  virtua-racing  /  wacky-race  /  wmmt5  /

1 QUITE OK:
Dirt Devils [---42 fps---]

3 VERY SLOW:
Scud Race [---20 fps---]
Harley Davidson [---20 fps---]
Daytona USA 2 P.E. [---20fps---]

4 KO:
initial-d4
nfs-carbon
nfs-underground
sonic-sega-all-stars-racing

How did you get indy 500 working?  Is it not in M2emu?

Hydreigon

• Offline Offline
You can get Indy 500 to link in m2emu but it requires an additional program, m2lagfix, and it's very finicky even with the program. The network code used in m2emu is quite outdated and only works with a few games without the program. I hope Sailorsat can improve on either m2lagfix or the m2emu network board emulation.

totoplay

• Offline Offline

Since I use high quality Ethernet hub and cables it works good with 2 players.
No more use of m2lagfix, just have to go to TEST menu (both machines) and quit at the exact same time to sync perfectly.
It is now very rare to lose connection!

I'm still struggling to get Wacky Races to work in LAN. Both PCs are Win10 with direct play setup and Jconfig but when i'm test menu I just can't get both PCs to link up.  If someone who has got it to work would be willing to list step by step instructions, it would be much appreciated. Thanks

You have to hex edit your IP's (up to 4) in the executable and use it for Master & Slave.
This way I got 4 players working (3 Win10 & 1 Win7).

« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 01:32:16 pm by totoplay »

totoplay

• Offline Offline
Another one… Fast and Furious Super Bikes 2: LAN works fine

FaithLes2425

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 06, 2020, 02:48:15 pm
  • Bingo!
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2019, 04:34:30 pm »
Supposidly ePSXe with the Cyperpad plugin supports System Link emulation over LAN

these are the PS1 driving games that support system link:
Andretti Racing (2 to 4 players)
Burning Road
Car and Driver Presents Grand Tour Racing 98
CART World Series
Destruction Derby
Formula 1
Formula 1 98
Monaco Grand Prix
Motor Toon Grand Prix
R4: Ridge Racer Type 4 (2 to 4 players)
Red Asphalt (Rock N' Roll Racing 2)
Ridge Racer Revolution
Road & Track Presents: The Need for Speed
San Francisco Rush: Extreme Racing
Test Drive 4
Test Drive 5
Test Drive Off-Road
TOCA 2 Touring Cars
Twisted Metal 3
Wipeout
Wipeout 2097
Wipeout 3 Special Edition (2 to 4 players)
Regular Wipeout 3 also supports system link. You just have to put "LINK" as your default name in the options menu.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 05:07:50 pm by FaithLes2425 »

FaithLes2425

• Offline Offline
  • Bingo!
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2019, 04:55:18 pm »
Hey guys,

I have done a ton of testing for this and have found the following games work best with my g27 based arcade:

1. Daytona USA Championship (using Booms ffb and -1000 (3% anti deadzone in x360ce settings)
2. Split/Second - excellent arcade game with tons of explosions and good controls/ffb
3. Wreckfest - modern-day destruction durby (Dirt Showdown is a close second to this, but is more about racing and less about wrecks)
4. Mario Kart GP DX 1.10 - drifting
5. Grid - tons of racing options and easy to setup with good ffb and graphics/physics
6. NFS Hot pursuit - can get keys for steam very cheap on kinguin site
8. Initial D 7 - I like this one best because it supports the 6speed manual transmission - only 2 player though
9. WMMT5 - works good for a high - rubber banding game and has 6 speed manual control
10. Dirt 4 - has some very fun multiplayer maps, good physics/graphics/ffb
11. Grid 2 - oh I have a love/hate relationship with this game.. the graphics are sweet and it is cheap on kinguin but oh how the physics suck so bad for some cars.  It is a good one though.
12. Gravel - EXCELLENT arcade rally game with good controls, easy setup, good amount of rubber banding, ffb, graphics.  Highly recommend this one. (SR3 is very inferior to this IMO)
13. Gas Guzzlers Extreme - Mario Kart with guns and powerups.  Lots of adjustments like rubberbanding in networking.  Main downside is the menus look like crap.
I have never had any luck with Split/Second and G27 on PC. If you pay attention to the accelerator while turning the wheel, you will notice that the speed will drop gradually the more you turn. Think of it like having only 1 analogue stick for movements of the vehicle. Up = accelerate, Down = brake, left = wheel left, right = wheel right. Impossible to turn at full speed. If only i could make x360ce work with this game im sure that would fix it.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 04:59:27 pm by FaithLes2425 »

FaithLes2425

• Offline Offline
  • Bingo!
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2019, 05:06:01 pm »
I am currently trying to set up teknoparrot LAN games. Is SEGA and Sonic all Stars Racing or Outrun 2 SP SDX supported yet?

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 08:20:43 pm
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2019, 12:58:54 am »
Sega sonic all stars does not work LAN but Outrun 2 SP does

dgrace

• Offline Offline
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2019, 11:25:26 am »
Interesting thread. These linking features in arcade machines is more so an overlooked feature. I would try some pc based loaders but I unfortunately don't have a second computer atm (and most likely don't plan on so).

-Ridge Racer games
-World Rally2
Cruis'n USA and World run on Midway V-Unit and that has some strange communication hardware (two DB25 ports using a parallel type connection). Off Road Challenge also runs on this hardware too.
Cruis'n Exotica runs on Midway Zeus II. From what I know, the main cpu has some IRQ to enable a firewire connection for cabinet linking. The Grid also runs on this hardware.
San Franciso Rush actually is linkable in Mame but requires a complicated setup involving two separate Mame directories and a VPN. The same can be said to all the Seattle and Vegas games because it uses the same linking hardware, an ethernet chip.
Ridge Racer games, where to even begin. The linking chip, Namco Custom C139/C422, is used in a lot of Namco hardware. If that were understood, all the Namco games using that custom would be linkable.
World Rally 2 actually outputs both players/screens on a single pcb similar to Sega System Multi 32. Because it doesn't support more than two players, a link feature doesn't exist.

I would look more into this stuff but I need to reorganize my local Mame directory so I can efficiently submit requests on github.

Let us know if you have any luck with any of these if you get time in the future. Cruis'n and San Francisco Rush games would be epic if we could get them working in LAN mode. Thanks

dgrace

• Offline Offline
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2019, 11:33:56 am »
Another one… Fast and Furious Super Bikes 2: LAN works fine

Can you explain how you got Super Bikes 2 working in LAN mode? I'm still struggling. I set one PC to machine #1 and the other to machine #2 in Teknoparrot UI. I think the problem is that I currently can't get into test menu in SB2. I used to be able to. I'm sure I need to tweak something there too. You used to be able to access the service menu by hitting keys like 8 or 9 or 0 or F2 (I can't remember ... one of those). But now they won't work. Setting the service key in Teknoparrot UI doesn't work either with the current TP version.

Drift wouldn't link up for me. SuperCars linked up but oddly on machine #2 player 1 car was invisible. It's super weird. On machine #1 both cars show up and it works great. Anyone else experiencing this?

Update: Since the test menu was fixed recently in TP for SuperBikes 2 I was able to get LAN/Networking to work. Still oddly enough SB2 has the same weird graphical bug that SuperCars has while linked up, where on just one PC, one of the players essentially disappears once the race starts. I'm going to test on a 3rd PC tonight, just out of curiosity.

Also, regarding your comment above about getting Wacky Racing working in LAN. How do you exactly hex the IP address? Sorry, i'm still kind of a newbie. Not sure how to do that. And are you able to get Wacky Racing working in LAN via Teknoparrot or do you still have to use jconfig? Thanks
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 03:09:31 pm by dgrace »

dgrace

• Offline Offline
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2019, 11:35:37 am »
Sega sonic all stars does not work LAN but Outrun 2 SP does

Do you know if anyone is working on fixing LAN/Network for Sonic? I know Reaver said a while back they were having a lot of issues getting it to work and just didn't have time to work on it.  Thanks

dgrace

• Offline Offline
« Reply #74 on: June 27, 2019, 11:35:07 pm »
I need some help getting 3 PCs to link up for the MAME games that are currently working in LAN mode. For example, for Outunners I create a bat file on the master PC i.e. mame64.exe orunners -w -cfg_directory cfg -nvram_directory nvram2 -comm_localport 15108 -comm_remoteport 15109 -comm_localhost 192.168.1.190 -comm_remotehost 192.168.1.139

Then on slave #2 PC I create a bat file i.e. mame64.exe orunners -w -cfg_directory cfg -nvram_directory nvram2 -comm_localport 15109 -comm_remoteport 15108 -comm_localhost 192.168.1.139 -comm_remotehost 192.168.1.190

Launch bot bat files simultaneously and it works just fine. What should I add to all bat files for the 3rd PC to get them to link up (ie IP address 192.168.1.162)?

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you

totoplay

• Offline Offline
« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2019, 05:11:10 am »
I need some help getting 3 PCs to link up for the MAME games that are currently working in LAN mode. For example, for Outunners I create a bat file on the master PC i.e. mame64.exe orunners -w -cfg_directory cfg -nvram_directory nvram2 -comm_localport 15108 -comm_remoteport 15109 -comm_localhost 192.168.1.190 -comm_remotehost 192.168.1.139

Then on slave #2 PC I create a bat file i.e. mame64.exe orunners -w -cfg_directory cfg -nvram_directory nvram2 -comm_localport 15109 -comm_remoteport 15108 -comm_localhost 192.168.1.139 -comm_remotehost 192.168.1.190

Launch bot bat files simultaneously and it works just fine. What should I add to all bat files for the 3rd PC to get them to link up (ie IP address 192.168.1.162)?

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you

PC#1
mame64.exe orunners -w -cfg_directory cfg -nvram_directory nvram2 -comm_localport 15108 -comm_remoteport 15109 -comm_localhost 192.168.1.190 -comm_remotehost 192.168.1.139

PC#2
mame64.exe orunners -w -cfg_directory cfg -nvram_directory nvram2 -comm_localport 15109 -comm_remoteport 15110 -comm_localhost 192.168.1.139 -comm_remotehost 192.168.1.162

PC#3
mame64.exe orunners -w -cfg_directory cfg -nvram_directory nvram2 -comm_localport 15110 -comm_remoteport 15108 -comm_localhost 192.168.1.162 -comm_remotehost 192.168.1.190

... Regarding Super Bikes 2 and Wacky Races check your PM.

SailorSat

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:28:00 pm
    • For Amusement Only e.V.
« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2019, 07:01:14 pm »
Way to complicated.

If you use seperate PCs just define "-comm_remotehost <next ip>", no need to change ports or localhost.
I do all that stuff even without a Joystick ;)
Soft-15kHz, cabMAME, For Amusement Only e.V.

totoplay

• Offline Offline
« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2019, 03:35:00 am »
Way to complicated.

If you use seperate PCs just define "-comm_remotehost <next ip>", no need to change ports or localhost.

Thank you very much for the info! 

Regarding MAME and Power Drift, is LAN working now (no success last time I tried, 2-3 months ago)?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 03:57:48 am by totoplay »

dgrace

• Offline Offline
« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2019, 11:50:40 am »
Thanks to SailorSat and totoplay for the help and clarification when running more than 2 PCs for MAME Network play.

Thanks to totoplay, I finally got Wacky Races working in 4 player LAN/Network, which is awesome.

I'm still getting weird bugs with F&F supercars and SuperBikes 2 where you can only see both players moving on one PC but on the other PC, one of the player gets stuck and doesn't move. It's very strange. I must have a crappy dump since I appear to be the only one experiencing this bug. I don't think totoplay or Sto0z are experiencing the same issue when playing those in LAN.

My dream LAN/Network game has to be the Cruis'n games. Those were my favorite racing games growing up. My bro and I would play each other all the time at the local arcade (love hearing the "Check Point" ;D). Would be epic if someone could get Cruis'n USA/World working on MAME with LAN support. One day i'm sure someone will figure it out.

Hydreigon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2019, 06:36:04 pm »
My dream LAN/Network game has to be the Cruis'n games. Those were my favorite racing games growing up. My bro and I would play each other all the time at the local arcade (love hearing the "Check Point" ;D). Would be epic if someone could get Cruis'n USA/World working on MAME with LAN support. One day i'm sure someone will figure it out.
Long long description of how these games communicate from a pending MAME pull request.

"A two way link (Cruis'n USA, Radikal Bikers and Surf Planet) is self explanatory. Connect the RS-232 cable between both pcbs and set the correct network settings on both pcbs. A >2 way link (Speed Up, Cruis'n World, Off Road Challenge, Cruis'n Exotica and The Grid) requires the connected pcbs network IDs in numerical order and a pcb to have a network ID set to 1/Master. The reasoning behind this is each network ID can only communicate with the network ID numerically next to one another due to the serial port split into two; e.g. ID 1/Master controls ID 2, ID 2 is controlled by ID 1 but controls ID 3, ID 3 controlled by ID 2 but controls ID 4, and so on in a large serial circuit. Disconnecting anything connected to ID 1/Master will unlink all the slave pcbs while disconnecting a slave ID pcb will unlink any pcbs that aren't connected to ID 1/Master.

I just discovered a lot of Konami games use that same procedure. The difference between the two is Konami has their rs232 connection altered to make use of a pin jack/LANC connector and wires most likely because of how compact they are.