Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: List of Network multiplayer capable games for twin converted cabs etc  (Read 8373 times)

MrThunderwing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Online Online
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
Re: List of Network multiplayer capable games for twin converted cabs etc
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2018, 06:08:08 am »
It's currently not possible to run the networked version of Supermodel full speed. You need to disable multi-threading to get it working, so it means your PC is running the emulator on just one CPU core. Hopefully it'll get fixed at some point.

dgrace

• Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2018, 01:39:16 am »
Can anyone post detailed instructions on how to get Mario Kart GP DX working in LAN using 2 PCs? I feel like it's more than just setting one PC cab ID to 1 and the other PC to 2. Doesn't work for me. Do you do anything else in the test menu? Is there any video out there of MK in 2 player LAN w 2 PCs? Thanks

nugarp

• Offline Offline
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2018, 02:08:16 pm »
Can anyone post detailed instructions on how to get Mario Kart GP DX working in LAN using 2 PCs? I feel like it's more than just setting one PC cab ID to 1 and the other PC to 2. Doesn't work for me. Do you do anything else in the test menu? Is there any video out there of MK in 2 player LAN w 2 PCs? Thanks

That's all it was. Check your TP version. I had to use an older version to get it to work. It broke in some future version. I don't have the version #s on me to check. That could be your issue.

totoplay

• Offline Offline
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2018, 03:17:24 pm »
***** Mario Kart GP DX *****
I confirm that it works with Teknoparrot 1.42 (WIN10) just setting one PC1 ID to 1 and PC2 ID to 2.
Having troubles with japanese like me... English Service Manual: https://www.bandainamco-am.co.uk/files/37

***** Fast and Furious Super Bikes *****
I finally managed to make it work just using -net   (should reboot the 1st time)
PC1: sdaemon.exe -net -mid 0 
PC2: sdaemon.exe -net -mid 1

***** Daytona 3  aka  Daytona Championship USA *****  (WIN10)
TROUBLES!!!
I'm wondering if all webcams are compatible as it's doesn't work with mine (just bought 2 identicals)

1) when plugged:
NETWORK DISCOVERY is OK and when "Data Loading" is finished I have...
PC1   LINK ID 1 [GOOD]   LINK ID 2 [         ]   
PC2   LINK ID 1 [         ]   LINK ID 2 [GOOD]
      searching forever...

2) when unplugged:
NETWORK DISCOVERY is OK and when "Data Loading" is finished I have...
PC1   LINK ID 1 [GOOD]   LINK ID 2 [GOOD]
PC2   LINK ID 1 [GOOD]   LINK ID 2 [GOOD]
      then after ~10s:
PC1   LINK ID 1 [GOOD]   LINK ID 2 [         ]   
PC2   LINK ID 1 [         ]   LINK ID 2 [GOOD]
      searching forever...

Also with Mario Kart GP DX, LAN doesn't work anymore when my new webcams are plugged.

Any Ideas ?
If someone has Daytona 3 LAN working with specific webcams, could you please let me know the ones you're using.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 03:30:14 pm by totoplay »

dgrace

• Offline Offline
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2018, 02:26:20 pm »
For model 2 linked games I can get Daytona USA linked fine but any other m2 game, it either says network error or the master and slave computer just sits there with network check blinking.  Could it be my wireless connection? Would a cat5 cord work better?

dgrace

• Offline Offline
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2018, 02:34:59 pm »
Has anyone got outrun 2006 coast to coast PC LAN to work?

totoplay

• Offline Offline
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2018, 06:23:15 pm »
Daytona 3
Webcams replaced, problem solved.
22 LAN arcade games are perfectly playable now.

Model 2
Wired is better, as an example I've never been able to make Daytona 3 work using Wi-Fi.

OutRun 2006
Nothing to do with most of the versions.

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2018, 07:32:46 pm »
Model 2 emulation networking is problematic, as described in the other thread. Daytona works but is increasingly glitchy, both in time and as you go to higher version of windows. Sega rally might work, Indy 500 is dicky, Sega Touring Car Championship kinda works with 2-player as long as each cab can go into and then exit test menu simultaneously (the settings can be pre-configured, you just have to go into and exit test menu, so just bind a button for test.) I don't think any other games actually work.

Sailorsat has a tool in the m2emu networking thread called m2emu lagfix or whatever, and it might help with the first three games named above. Don't expect miracles though. She's still working on the problem on and off, so we might see a proper fix at some point. The problem is that the network and code are not yet completely understood, and she's still figuring out how it all works and how best to run it. The way she describes it though, it's perhaps not a surprise that the tiny glitches in wifi are responsible for screwing things up further. The work  is pretty hardcore :)

Outrun 2006 works mostly fine for me over LAN. As in, two cabs can see each other, and get into game really easily, but once you start driving the position of the other car can get a bit glitchy - you see the other player driving through walls and speeding ahead of you when they're behind, etc. Your own car is fine, so you just drive to that. It does mean the player who crosses the line first can sometimes come second, but normally it's not that bad. Once Teknoparrot gets Lindbergh networking going though, that will be worth looking into :)

« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 09:32:40 pm by buttersoft »

dgrace

• Offline Offline
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2018, 07:55:26 pm »
Thank you buttersoft. I got Outrun 2006 to work in LAN.

I had a question about getting VR working in MAME LAN.  I set both PCs to global inputs =1. I then created a bat file for each computer.

Master PC bat file:
mame64.exe vr -w -cfg_directory cfg -nvram_directory nvram1 -comm_localport 15111 -comm_remoteport 15112 -comm_localhost 0.0.0.0 -comm_remotehost 127.0.0.1

Slave PC bat:
mame64.exe vr -w -cfg_directory cfg2 -nvram_directory nvram2 -comm_localport 15112 -comm_remoteport 15111 -comm_localhost 0.0.0.0 -comm_remotehost 127.0.0.1

Then I go into each MAME test menu and set Master PC to master and red car and then Slave PC to Slave and blue car.

I successfully pinged each PC to one another.  When I launch both bat files the Master starts but the slave PC just sits then stuck in "checking network."

Does it matter what you set the localport to? I just chose the ones recommended in the video tutorial.

Any help is much appreciated.

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2018, 10:24:10 pm »
Master PC bat file:
mame64.exe vr -w -cfg_directory cfg -nvram_directory nvram1 -comm_localport 15111 -comm_remoteport 15112 -comm_localhost 0.0.0.0 -comm_remotehost 127.0.0.1

Slave PC bat:
mame64.exe vr -w -cfg_directory cfg2 -nvram_directory nvram2 -comm_localport 15112 -comm_remoteport 15111 -comm_localhost 0.0.0.0 -comm_remotehost 127.0.0.1

Then I go into each MAME test menu and set Master PC to master and red car and then Slave PC to Slave and blue car.

If these are two separate PC's, they need different IP addresses. I don't think the ports matter, but i leave them as default. Look at ipconfig for each PC and use those addresses, each PC pointing to the next as remotehost. I prefer to set a static IP for each PC, outside my routers DHCP assignment range, that way i know the IP's wont change. You can do this in Windows, of course.

The concept is the same as here for model 2 networking - http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,133283.msg1651087.html#msg1651087

EDIT: oh, and i have no idea if the commandline parameters you're using are named correctly, i just use the settings in the mame.ini and vr.ini files :)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 07:54:08 pm by buttersoft »

dgrace

• Offline Offline
Master PC bat file:

Slave PC bat:

If these are two separate PC's, they need different IP addresses. I don't think the ports matter, but i leave them as default. Look at ipconfig for each PC and use those addresses, each PC pointing to the next as remotehost. I prefer to set a static IP for each PC, outside my routers DHCP assignment range, that way i know the IP's wont change. You can do this in Windows, of course.

The concept is the same as here for model 2 networking - http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,133283.msg1651087.html#msg1651087

EDIT: oh, and i have no idea if the commandline parameters you're using are named correctly, i just use the settings in the mame.ini and vr.ini files :)

Got this working last week for MAME (virtua racing, outrunners, f1lap, etc.).  Thanks to Boomslang. 

After making sure my firewall was temporarily disabled and successfully pinged each computer's IP address to one another, I created a bat file for each PC.

My slave PC:
mame64.exe vr -w -nvram_directory nvram1 -localport 15109 -remoteport 15108 -localhost 192.168.1.3 -remotehost 192.168.1.2

My master PC:
mame64.exe vr -nvram_directory nvram1 -localport 15108 -remoteport 15109 -localhost 192.168.1.2 -remotehost 192.168.1.3

dgrace

• Offline Offline
Racing Games I would love see working with LAN in MAME one day:
-Cruis'n USA, World & Exotica
-San Francisco Rush games
-Ridge Racer games
-World Rally2

MrThunderwing

• Online Online
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
For model 2 linked games I can get Daytona USA linked fine but any other m2 game, it either says network error or the master and slave computer just sits there with network check blinking.  Could it be my wireless connection? Would a cat5 cord work better?

I've been able to run Daytona USA, Sega Rally, Manx TT and Motor Raid just fine in a 2 player wireless LAN (I say just fine, the car of the opposing player looks super-glitchy in Sega Rally but the game plays just fine).

nugarp

• Offline Offline
How are people getting Wacky Races to work multiplayer? What loader are you using (how did you set it up) and with what settings? I set my cab ids to 1 & 2 in the test menu yet they don't see each other when I try and do the network test in the test menu. I've tried launching with JConfig's game.exe and using TP => Launcher.exe.

Edit: Boomslang helped me out with this one. Needed to use JConfig (I used v1.5) and set the exe's compatibility mode to XP SP2. Then, the network setup in the test menu worked.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 01:19:08 pm by nugarp »

nugarp

• Offline Offline
Outrun 2006 (PSP) & Ridge Racer 2 (PSP) work with http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,157429.0.html fix

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31