Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Looking for Daytona / Model 2 Era Racing Cabinet Parts  (Read 569 times)

Hadeys

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2024, 08:36:03 pm
Looking for Daytona / Model 2 Era Racing Cabinet Parts
« on: January 07, 2024, 05:22:35 am »
Hello -

I've been working on a very long running project of converting an old Sega Wing War cabinet to a racing cabinet. For the most part the cabinet seems identical to the wooden cabinet US version of Daytona USA, but there are a few differences that have been causing me headaches.

I have the control panel from a Daytona machine, but the mounting brackets in the Wing War cabinet are just barely too large and put pressure on the control panel. The control panel mounting bracket from Daytona is single piece of metal, where the Wing War control panel mounting bracket has a separate left and right side.

Here's what the Daytona USA bracket looks like on another build posted earlier;
https://i.postimg.cc/MHzXgTKW/DSC04066.jpg

I attached images of the Wing War brackets. Does anybody have a spare Daytona style bracket laying around from a parted out game, or have any ideas of where I might look for one?

In addition, I'm looking for the metal seat base as well, but I built a replacement from plywood, so this isn't as critical as the bracket.

Fursphere

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:38:59 pm
Re: Looking for Daytona / Model 2 Era Racing Cabinet Parts
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2024, 12:26:58 pm »
Do you want the entire tray or just the brackets?   When I built my twin, I just used simple angle iron to fabricate mounts to the sides of the cabinet for the original Daytona metal dashboard plate. 

The original has the sides built into the whole tray I believe, which will be a very big part and (very) expensive to ship.  If it was me, I'd just fab up some angle iron brackets...

Unless you're using the original motor and wheel, you're going to be hacking on it it anyway to get things to fit.   

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 09:54:06 am
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2024, 06:13:00 pm »
As Fursphere said, shipping is probably going to suck.  Location?

I have one I was saving for a project I'm probably never going to get around to anyway.
No seat base.  I do have a nice fake leather racing seat that I'd like to get out of my workshop though.

Hadeys

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2024, 08:36:03 pm
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2024, 08:36:03 pm »
Thank you both for the quick replies. I found that http://thearcadeboneyard.com/ had both the bracket and the seat base shortly after I posted this. I went ahead and ordered them, so I'm hopeful that they are what I need and I'll be able to move forward. I'll post some pictures of the build once it's a little further along.