Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Hey Delusional! How about that sound issue in MA when selecting?  (Read 2162 times)

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 06:01:28 pm
  • <insert personal text here>
Hey Delusional! How about that sound issue in MA when selecting?
« on: February 06, 2014, 09:27:22 pm »
So when I chose a game I don't get a loading screen or the sound effect I've put in using the skin editor.  Now not having the loading screen doesn't bother me but the sound is a nice touch and I'd like it back. 

Is there a box or something I've unchecked that turns this off?  I can't seem to find the setting. 

Also, another weird behavior, some of the on screen elements won't show up where I put them.  Is the rom_bar linked to another element?  If I give it an absolute position (400,300) on a (800,600) for example and use an 800x600 .swf (it is a flash capable object) so it *should* be centered but it is not, also if I move it's position to say (000,600) it shows up in the same spot as before which is weird.  In the skin config I can't seem to find an entry that would cause this.  Any tips would be appreciated. 
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 01:07:42 am by Le Chuck »

Juddy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2014, 02:15:12 pm
Re: No sound effect on "select" and no loading screen and other quandries
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 10:41:55 pm »
Never used the editor but just had a quick play now as I will be in the near future.
You can switch the loading on and off in Maximus's settings.

From the manual:

"The loading screen is an optional interface that must be activated on a per emulator basis in the preferences panel of the frontend"

How are the sounds applied per selection? are they imbedded in a flash file? I can see the corresponding mp3's for the default theme in the cache.

I know more questions than answers but I'm sure we'll work it out.

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 12:03:01 pm »
I got loading screen turned on manually in the default cfg but it's buggy. Still no dice on the sound when selecting from batch menu. Other menus work fine. Not even an error sound.

Anybody? I'm about to start learning GameEx.

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 09:00:51 pm »
Anybody ever notice that flash is at a forced frame rate of roughly 30fps even if the file is programmed at something different like 24fps?  Anybody know how to fix it?

Anybody know more than me about MA that moderates this part of the forums and can lend a hand?

Still no select/execute sounds on batch file menu.  Got about everything else squared away but that niggling issue is annoying. 

Juddy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2014, 02:15:12 pm
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 03:56:18 am »
Would you be willing to send your skin to me or if not at least send me the ini and I'll recreate it for you and see if I can get it working?

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
Re: Hey Delusional! How about that sound issue in MA when selecting?
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 01:08:48 am »
Hey, Delusional, I see you're online doing all kinds of house keeping, do you get sounds when you select a game through MA - I've tried all kinds of shizzle and can't get it to work.  Any recommendations?

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2023, 11:39:06 pm
  • Build the impossible -"There is no Spoon"
    • DeLuSioNaL's YouTube Videos
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 01:26:37 pm »
Sorry for the late reply!  I'm just seeing this now.  ;D (I'm using Hyperspin now and I don't really mess with my Maximus setup anymore - Don't want to break it on my vertical machine).

That said, I don't usually have any sound playing when I select a game to play.  I only have it set for when I scroll up or down.  I don't believe there's a setting to enable/disable specific sounds.

Do you get sound when selecting a game when you reload the default theme?

DeLuSioNaL29
Stop by my Youtube channel and leave a comment:

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 01:29:43 pm »
Thanks!  It never seemed to work for me, even on default.  That said I've now migrated away from MA to Arximidis' HTML5FE.