Main > Driving & Racing Cabinets

Steering wheel plugin with ffb for PCSX2 update: 5/29/14

(1/7) > >>

SegaOutrun:
Update 5/29: Jackun has released a new version of his PCSX2 wheel plugin. I requested to implement emulation support for one of the earliest PS2 wheels the GT FORCE and he got it working after a few days of testing :applaud: :applaud:. Many older racing games only support the GT FORCE and would not fully recognize newer wheels like the Driving Force PRO/GT and G25/g27, even in emulation mode. 

The following games have been tested by me. Game with * require GT FORCE mode

Battle Gear 2 (or Tokyo Road Race [PAL])*
Battle Gear 3
Burnout series
Initial D*
Wangan Midnight
Sega Rally Championship 1995*
Sega Rally 2006
Outrun 2 SP (Japan) [note: the US version coast 2 coast does not have wheel support at all]
Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3
Tokyo Xtreme Racer : Drift 2
Automodellista
Enthusia
GT3
GT4
Sega Ages vol 8 : Virtua Racing*
18 Wheeler

Plugin info
This will let you use your PC wheel, xbox controller, etc in PCSX2 as an emulated Logitech wheel (Generic, Pro and GT FORCE modes). This plugin also allows you to remap the buttons and axis and has some FFB support for games that have FFB.

Link to the plugins forum
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Qemu-USB-Wheel-Storage-mod

DOWNLOAD PLUGIN
https://github.com/jackun/USBqemu-wheel/raw/master/Release/USBqemu-wheel.dll

Initial D reading my Driving Force GT wheel as the GT FORCE wheel

Battle Gear 2 is finally playable in GT FORCE Mode ;D

Felsir:

--- Quote from: SegaOutrun on February 03, 2014, 11:53:59 pm ---I truly hated the default controller settings when I tried it a few months ago because it treated my steering wheel as a dual shock controller so i gave up on it for racing games.
--- End quote ---
Perhaps offtopic; I don't have a steering wheel, but how is a steering wheel different from an analogue input with one axis? The reason I ask is because I'm working on a racegame and would love to add steering wheel support.

baritonomarchetto:

--- Quote from: Felsir on February 04, 2014, 02:59:57 am ---[...] how is a steering wheel different from an analogue input with one axis? [...]

--- End quote ---

Yes, you are OT  ;D

An analog axis is not different from a 270 steering wheel with potentiometer. It's different from a optical steering wheel. >>Here<< you can see how to interface a pot steering wheel with an analog axis  ;)

BadMouth:

--- Quote from: Felsir on February 04, 2014, 02:59:57 am ---
--- Quote from: SegaOutrun on February 03, 2014, 11:53:59 pm ---I truly hated the default controller settings when I tried it a few months ago because it treated my steering wheel as a dual shock controller so i gave up on it for racing games.
--- End quote ---
Perhaps offtopic; I don't have a steering wheel, but how is a steering wheel different from an analogue input with one axis? The reason I ask is because I'm working on a racegame and would love to add steering wheel support.

--- End quote ---

In trying to set up console emulators I came to the conclusion that a lot of games designed to be played with a thumbstick don't translate well to the wheel because it takes longer to change directions with a steering wheel.  The movements on games designed for a thumbstick are more about changing direction than holding a specific angle or transitioning smoothly like a wheel.  If you have and adjustable wheel such as the G27, reducing the rotation of the wheel to below 150 degrees can help, but it kinda sucks to have such a limited range.

Most of the consoles that had a wheel accessory would detect when a wheel was connected vs a gamepad.
The game would state on the box that it was compatible with the wheel accessory.
I'm guessing the game itself changed the way input was handled based on this.

SegaOutrun, what do you mean by *some* force feedback.  Is it directional or just rumble?

SegaOutrun:
I believe burnout 2 and battle gears 2 were directional. Initial D was rumble (it shaked when you ran over bumps). I played super briefly. It was extremely cold outside last night.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version